Dragonball Quest #78

"What's so funny?" you demand of Tao.

"You really don't see how hopeless your situation is?" Tao asks, sounding highly amused. "Right, I guess you can't detect energy. This new body of mine is a wonderful thing. And, it tells me your energy is dropping fast. Another minute, maybe two, and you'll be unable to keep fighting."

He laughs once again. "All I have to do is outlast you for that long, and you'll be helpless."

>>youtube.com/watch?v=Rjllfs0QyEo

Another minute, maybe two. That's all the time you have left. At the rate this fight's going, that won't be nearly enough time for you to defeat Tao.

But, there is a chance you could defeat him in a much shorter timeframe.

It's an extreme gamble, but it may be your only choice right now.

Closing your eyes, you find what remains of your power; a well of energy that's steadily draining through the hole Tao put in your body. You harness that power, and, with a yell, magnify it.

Below you, Tao frowns, his energy-detecting parts presumably telling him that your power is increasing.

You give him little time to mull over that, zooming down and kicking him in the face just before you land, sending him sliding across the ground on his back and crashing through the wall at the edge of the ring.

Tao picks himself up, growling at you and taking aim before firing another wave of energy from his palm.

You easily dodge it, but Tao comes rushing at you, intending to attack while you're distracted trying to evade his attack.

Using the Afterimage Technique, you avoid his strike, and Tao cuts through a mere illusion.

You appear behind you, slamming both fists into the back of his head and sending him sliding across the ground on his face, stopping near the edge of the ring.

"Damn you!" Tao shouts, picking himself back up and glaring over at you.

You rush across the ring, and he moves to meet you, only to receive a knee to his gut for his efforts.

>Continued

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10988306
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He staggers back, clutching his chest, and heaving from the pain.

He's completely vulnerable; now is your chance to strike!

You feel your power rapidly beginning to drop, and know that you've run out of time. In a few seconds at the most, you will be defenseless.

>A. Just a little more time! (80)

>B. Forget it, let your energy return to normal and try to conserve what little is left so you don't pass out (50)

>A.

Let's fuckin' do this!

Rolled 8, 46, 31, 27, 15, 13, 33, 6 = 179 (8d101)

:^)

KEEP THAT FIRE BURNIN'

>B. Forget it, let your energy return to normal and try to conserve what little is left so you don't pass out (50)
Boy we're probably going lose if we do A, RNGJesus fucks us

Here is your (you) please stop

I know, but people can't say we pussy'd out

Dw getting over 80 is ez
watch, I can do it

>>B. Forget it, let your energy return to normal and try to conserve what little is left so you don't pass out (50)

You sure can, user...

Rolled 12 (1d100)

It's ok I think I got it this time

Can't we just eat a senzu bean, we have one left if I recall.

looks like goku gets to save the day again

but that's cheating

Keep trying buddy.

ROLL

Rolled 88 (1d100)

Olmec, praise be His name, please grant us the power to overcome this trial and prevail against the coming tide, lest we drown in a salty sea.

Rolled 79 (1d100)

For Bulma!!!

Rolled 23 (1d100)

Rolled 8 (1d100)

PRAISE OLMEC

Got it in one.

Rolled 46 (1d100)

well aint that something

Rolled 80 (1d100)

user you did it

Mother of god... I didn't think we could do it!

Rolled 55 (1d101)

:v(

PRAISE HIM

Olmec provides

Woo!

Two actually

Nah only one, we gave one to Tien or did we have 3?

We had 3. Goku also has 3

Yeah we had 3 and gave one to Tien, thus making it two that we have now.

Both Tofoo and Goku had three.

We had three, tien got one so he wouldn't die, once Tao whines like a bitch and pulls a weapon, we get declared a winner, and pop a senzu, not to mention everyone else can step in and gang bang his uppity ass through the floor.

No, you aren't going to let it end like this; you have the power, you have the will, now it's time to use it.

With a yell of exertion, you do everything in your power to keep your energy together for long enough to end the match. Racing across the ring, you fight fatigue as you close the distance between yourself and Tao, giving a final punch to the face that throws your opponent off of his feet, and sends him flying from the ring.

You fall to the ground, your energy leaving you as Tao lands somewhere in the crowd. The exhaustion is unbelievable, and you fear that at any moment you will go unconscious.

"Tao has landed out of bounds!" the announcer shouts. "Tofoo proceeds to the finals!"

Reaching into your gi, you retrieve one of your two remaining Senzu Beans, managing to shove it into your mouth and bite down before you can pass out.

Chewing and swallowing, you feel your energy return, and you push yourself back up, taking in the cheers of the crowd.

You don't get to enjoy it for long, as you sense someone charging right at you.

Tao rushes into the ring, yelling at the top of his lungs as he thrusts a hand toward you, fingers aimed for your eyes.

>A. Catch it (60)

>B. Parry and hit him (45)

>C. Dodge and call for help (40)

>D. Something else

>>A. Catch it (60)

>>B. Parry and hit him (45)
"Match is done. So are you."

Not risking the 60

WOLF WANG FIST

>A. Catch it (60)
And by "catch it" mean snap his arm off at the elbow with a Bear Claw.

>C. Dodge and call for help (40)

strawpoll.me/10988306

>D. Something else
Good time for an Afterimage attack after this, I think.

Punch him in the dick

>D. Something else
Sidestep it and throw him.

>strawpoll.me/10988306
>B
Then say something really disrespectful like "you're a weakling Tao, and you always will be."

ROLL

Rolled 90 (1d100)

Rolled 75 (1d100)

VIOLATE

Rolled 9 (1d101)

Rolled 26 (1d100)

Rolled 39 (1d100)

We were one step from a boob trap and Tao decided to cockblock us to bad yamchas taught us the perfect technique for this WOLF FANG FIST

I wonder who's gonna win out of Goku vs. Piccolo

Tao comes running, but you're ready for him; back at full strength, you can handle his shenanigans.

Parrying his strike, you reply to his aggression with another punch to his face, knocking him on his backside and sending him sliding away.

He flips over, getting into a crouch and rising up, scowling at you. You can pretty much feel the hatred radiating off of him, and know all too well what that means. He isn't going to restrain himself anymore. Now, he means to kill you.

If you get careless, you will lose much more than a match.

"The match is over!" the announcer shouts, approaching you and Tao. "Please, step out of the ring!"

"BE QUIET!" Tao snaps, turning toward the announcer. "I don't care about this damned tournament, I'm here for revenge!"

"Yes, Tao!" Shen shouts from the audience. "Kill him! Take your vengeance on him, for both of us!"

Goku, Krillin, and even Chichi start for the ring, and you spot the Crane Students rising from the audience, preparing to jump in as well.

>A. Tell them you won't need their help; you'll settle this score with Tao alone

>B. Tell Tao he's outnumbered, and that he should leave while he still has the chance

>C. Tell the announcer you'll take care of this

>D. Something else

>B. Tell Tao he's outnumbered, and that he should leave while he still has the chance

>B while keeping our defenses up
When he refuses him and Shen die.

DC for the Super Bearshout?

I mean, good for you making the smart choice, but if I didn't know any better, I'd say you're afraid to face Tao alone

>D. Something else
Warn our friends that Tao will take hostages or kill them. He's probably just going to try to kill as many people as he can before he's taken down.

"I won't die, even if you kill me. I'll just claw my way out of hell to spite you."

This

>>B. Tell Tao he's outnumbered, and that he should leave while he still has the chance

Get out before we throw the hood over yo face and stomp ya on tha curb

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were making our enemies stronger with memes

Fuck off Som.

"This is your final chance, Tao. Leave peacefully or no amount of robotic bullshit will be enough to bring you back for me to kill a third time."

There are two kinds of roleplayers

He doesn't deserve a gentleman's defeat, with his honor intact.

He deserves a curb stomping.

>memes

This word has lost all meaning by this point.

>Meme magic

>Implying I have any power over his dankness, Lord Kek

....no

Nice try, Som.

These.

I'm kind of surprised he lasted as long as he did against us, we wrecked him after getting Korin's tap water, and since then we got the Ultra water, beat Piccolo Daimyou, trained with Kami for like 3.4 years, and all he's done is get metal.

>I'd say you're afraid to face Tao alone
SOM we're not Goku, that bait doesn't work.

This and tell him if he or Shen make a single move other than flying away they're dead men/cyborg

Ah, but where did that metal come from?

Hey, it would have worked on Vegeta too

It's because in every single SOM quest he scales opponents up to our level like we are playing a Todd Howard game. Even if they have no business being that strong.

But Gero's metal is utter Hax. It never really explains HOW he gets his androids so swole IIRC, but they just ARE.

They're both autistic though

We can leave him broken and make him tell us, then finish him. At which point we use the Dragonballs to hunt down Gero for the good of humanity.

But curbstomp battles aren't fun

You know what is fun? A race around the world.

I would have had fun stomping Tao after all the trash he was talking

Are we racing Barry Allen?

"You're outnumbered, Tao," you warn the mercenary. "You should leave while you still have the chance."

Tao growls, looking around at all of your approaching allies. His hands clench back into fists, and his entire body shakes with rage.

"Very well, but I promise, you have not seen the last of me," Tao warns. "Your death will not come peacefully."

He turns and walks toward the audience, specifically his brother.

"Shen, let's leave for now," he tells his older sibling.

"What?! Are you mad, Tao?" the Crane Hermit snaps. "He's right there! We can finish him!"

"No, my scanners tell me even together we would be no match for their combined power," Tao tells him. "Now, let's go."

Tao lifts into the air, soaring off into the distance. And, reluctantly, Shen does the same, throwing one last hateful glare in the direction of you and your friends before following his younger brother.

>A. Step out of the ring so Goku can get ready for his match

>B. Fly after them

>C. Something else

Well, is it a race or a damn charity event?

Yes

>dc to snipe the stupid hat?

>C. Something else
Shout at Shen, he owes us that hat.

>>A. Step out of the ring so Goku can get ready for his match

>C. Something else
Sense Shen, roughly how tough is he?

and

You were stronger than him at the previous tournament