Warhammer 40K General

What could have been edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s) (Updated 8/11/18)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V8.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Mon'kiegh ruin everything

First for Tzeentch, Change you can believe in.

Are people unironically saying its a bad thing Deathwatch stopped this?

what would've happened if eldrad had succeed?

Ynnead would have saved the galaxy and redeemed it.

The Chaos Gods would scattered across the cosmos as they fled the newborn goddess. She would have hunted them down, one by one, and slew them.

Alas, that did not happen due to the hatred of one man.

Regarding the user asking about these.

They are designed for either FW's Space Marines, as they come with left arms with hands, or the MkIV space marines GW is now selling. The reason the marines in the pic look darker/plastic compared to the autocannons is to show off the autocannons and make them look more visible. They do this in many of their pics even if everything in the pic in question is in resin.

Hope this helps!

All Eldar would be dead. Everywhere.

Slaanesh would have died.

Has someone uploaded the DW codex epub yet?

Still not as bad as Newcrons.
You are all overreacting.

1-Ynnead would have been born
2-A massive psychic shockwave would have rocked the galaxy which would kill countless psykers and blinding Navigators.
3-The Craftworlds and their fleets would have been crippled

>GW never changes things!
>gw changes things
>Won't matter, because gw does't change things
>After they changed things
wut

Tenzeech would have stopped it. Sorcery never works on chaos. ever. just like, little single deamons and such via psker fights.

It would have snuffed out the Astronomican. It would have ended humanity's ability to traverse the galaxy and protect its Empire. Quintillion upon quintillions of humans would be cut off, the million world Empire would fracture into a million pieces.

Sorry, not really worth to stop Eldarfags using soul stones

Well, shit, the dying race is now actually dying instead of living eternally, as they should

According to the Eldrad, Chaos is on the cusp of winning. This what made him do this desperate gamble.

If Chaos wins, humanity and everyone else would be devoured. It's better that they get cut off then suffer an eternity of suffering at the hand of the Daemon Gods of Chaos.

Is there a source on that? Is there some kind of link between the astronomicon and the eldar soulstones?

>Splintered
Like user said in the last thread, i'm just hoping Avatars of Ynnead come out of this.

If it can be a dual plastic kit with Khaine that'd be even better.

it's just carnac fishing for (you)s

>plan so risky he knew the craftworlds would not approve of it
>FUCK IT LETS DO IT LIVE

Compared to the birth/awakening of Ynnead, the Golden Light of Terra is but a candle infront of an inferno.

Death Masque is the source.

Slaanesh's birth scream fucked over space travel and was the kidney-stone cherry on the shit cake of the galaxy.
Ynnead, although much smaller, would still have been a big space traffic/psyker phoneline nuisance.

Ah, okay. A friend ordered it so I'll just steal his shit so I can look that up thanks

>discussion across different threads by various anons with various opinions
>It's just that boogeyman!

Stop being cancer.

>i want eldar toned down

How did the Eldar think humanity would be ok with this? How did the writer think this.

No Astronomican = no humanity

Humanity existed before the Astronomican and will exist after it.

>discussion
it's the same two points, repeated ad nauseam

>point out the obvious
>waaah stop bullying me!

Tzeentch CSM when?

I'm tired of waiting before buying in. I've been waiting since last year.

Her mind splinter and went back to oblivion. Only a single piece of her shot into space and disappeared.

There will be no avatar business but it's certain that piece will play a part in the future narrative or be a forgotten end times plotline for the next decade.

What's funny is that this whole thing pretty much pisses of the Iyaden and Iyanna lore that came before. Was it all for nothing or is there hope?

KDK was a one-time thing, friendo

The problem with the Astronomican being dicked isn't the loss of space travel, but would signal to the entire Imperium that the Emperor is dead or something along those lines.

It's hard to maintain the current Imperium now, imagine how difficult it would be to control if the one thing binding the worlds together suddenly didn't exist?

People are just being informed of what's going on so expect it to be discussed for a straight month.

If you don't like it, then leave.

Eldrad: How do you want your Empire, famal?
>with no possible way to traverse it thus dooming my species
Eldrad: I got you

as isolated islands of humanity with no larger logistics and during a time when chaos wasn't an organized, pressing threat, and there weren't other issues like tyranids or necrons. hell, even orks are a dire threat in that situation. all of these opposing forces can fall upon a world which will have no chance of reinforcing itself beyond the supplies and things it personally has. it guarantees the enemy can concentrate forces and destroy humanity piecemeal.

What the fuck? The Astro wasn't there in the DAoT or even before. Why do you think that humanity needs it to survive? Is it the kill switch of humanity.

The imperium is going to go. Humanity will stay.

I mean come on open your main rulebook. It clearly says that these are the final days of the Imperium. Humanity, however, is put on a split road. Either they will rise as a psychic master race and usher a golden age of wonderment OR they are going to succumb to Chaos and be eternally damned with the rest of the galaxy.

And that means Thousand Sons aren't getting an update?

Not looking for Tzeentch Daemonkin, just updated models that I don't have to buy a dozen small packs to upgrade some.

So Ive noticed in the deathwatch veteran rules that they get boltguns and a ccw. No pistol. but here's the thing, there is no pistol in the ranged weapons.

I don't recall the exact wording if its a swap or in addition to when you buy a new power weapon, if its swap, your stuck with no ranged or with no +1 for melee.

and for the regular non melee guys, you cant fire into combat with your bolter, so your forced to forgo shooting, or get the shotgun. which kinda makes sense if you want to boost the new gun. but at the expense of what all other Marines get.

This just bothers me, if GW wanted to do something GW, they really should have figured out their own equipment wording better than just deleting a gun.

Just allow me to buy an additional bolter or bolt pistol already.

According to the Eldrad and the Masque, Ynnead was going to take care of Chaos. Sure it would have ended with the Imperium is shambles but they reckoned it was worth it. Remember that it isn't only the Imperium that was going to get screwed. The ritual was going to cripple ALL the Craftworlds and Eldar fleets leaving them as husks in space.

The logic is that in the short term, millions will die to the lesser threats of the Tyranids, Necrons, Orks, etc. But in the long term with the greatest threat gone, the galaxy will rebuild and repopulate and then fend off the lesser threats.

Is it too early to say if the deathwatch codex is competitive enough on its own or if it needs allies or be allies themselves (and what armies would go well as either allies or primary with DW as allies)

I could've sworn that the Tactical marines come with left arms that include hands. At least they did when I bought them to play when I was new to 40k five years ago or so...

competitive is a loaded word. with they put together a decent playable list? looks like it. will they be competing for the number one best? too early.

I can imagine some shenanigans happening with the single unit squads and vets with a single vanguard vet or termie. that takes practical play time to see if any of that will work.

Those lesser threat are almost as great as Chaos. They need Galactic level responses . The Galaxy will not survive the period of interegnum. The Eldar will be fine in the Webway, but humanity will die.
So what Eldrad would have achieved is Eldar dominance as the Second Eldar Empire after the nids and necrons would have killed the Galaxy clean of life.

-The Craftworlds and their fleets would have been crippled

>Why do you think that humanity needs it to survive?
Because without warp travel humanity is divided and every star system is left to fend for themselves in a galaxy of endless war and horrors, easy prey to both enemies within and out. Not to mention that a large portions of the human worlds will starve and suffer while their economies dies

there's hope for the sane and rational people of Iyanden

Yriel for life corpsehumper

they changed it, that's partially why that auto cannon set exists. the older forge world marks of armor did the 4-5-6 edition marines compatibility. when they re did the main sprues, the older upgrade sets didnt work anymore.

So what you are saying is that humanity will be culled to manageable numbers? How is this a bad thing?

How about someone culling your country population to a more manageable level? How is that not bad?

That's shitty... I liked the hands, made it fuckin' easy to use the different weapons.

As long as I survive, I don't really mind.

>I could've sworn that the Tactical marines come with left arms that include hands
That's because they do. Some idiot in the last thread just got some bright idea that SM don't come with left hand

the hand/wrist can take a magnet easy enough, its gotta be real small, but its atleast easier to align the parts. there is a small little bit of armor that hold it in nice.

>>At the climax of the ritual, every craftworld would be temporarily plunged into darkness, left as a husk with only the hope of Eldrad's success to anchor it to its former glory."

-----------

>>"Should it succeed, the cataclysmic events of such an explosion would cripple Eldar fleets across the galaxy. Eldrad deemed all of this sacrifice as necessary."

Eldrad was putting everything on the line.

no your tarded, they USED to come with the hand attached to the wrist and you snip off pistol grips and stick guns onto your hands. NOW the gun is comes with the hand on it, and you attach the hand/gun to your wrist.

you don't remember when FW switched to be compaitable with the new plastics? they went through the gun catalog and added hands.

see? hands on the guns.

Well, then the author killed the Eldar, I guess. Yay status quo.

If I'm running DKoK is it better to run the siege regiment or the assault brigade?

I blame Matt Ward.

... Those are right hands, though...
I'm this user:

>lesser threats of the Tyranids
Friend, there is no lesser threat of the tyranids. Humanity, Orks, everything will die. The only ones who might survive are-you guessed it-those slimy pricks in the webway. Still Eldar, and without Slaanesh to hold them back from their worst excesses, it would be the Fall all over again after a few thousand years.

best lore to read if i like deldar?

>implying necrons couldn't survive

I have a LoC, 2 princes, 20ish horrors, 5 plague Beaerers, 8 or 9 Bloodletters, and 5 PBs from the old metal Plague Bearer command box.

What should my next purchase be if I want to expand? Should I grab the Nurgle starter set? Maybe some CSM allies?

Also, is there a reason I shouldn't glue wings on my DPs?

>NOW the gun is comes with the hand on it,
Pics please faggot. Devastators may come like that but tacticals and sternguards don't

What?
The ritual didn't succeed, so literally nothing changed.

>Still Eldar, and without Slaanesh to hold them back from their worst excesses, it would be the Fall all over again after a few thousand years.

Ynnead and Cegorach will make sure that never happens. I mean Ynnead after devouring the Chaos Gods will a power that nothing known in the universe can defy. She will rule the Warp.

What kit is that? Stern guard? Ive been looking at converting some combi arms for Sisters.

A safe and generally correct option, but.. fuck.

They could have kept status quo and moved the story. I don't know, something like yeah, Ynnead is awake. It's now in the warp, reclaiming the lost Eldar souls across eternity from Slaanesh. It's not busy conquering the galaxy. It's slowly getting to the point where it'll start eating live Eldar, and once that's done it'll stomp the Chaos gods, blah blah, Eldar forever. So now there's just one more "Haha, fuck you" for Man to deal with atop every other apocalypse headed their way, without actually changing anything while the Eldar die a long drawn out death.

It did kinda. A spark of Ynnead awakened and escaped into Spess. The rest of Ynnead went back to sleep.

Now somebody has to hunt down that spark for a future plot.

It says that the ritual was fucked at the apex in the short story, while Ynnead was forming. And apparently at the apex of the ritual all craftworlds would go dark and only be restored if Eldrad succeeded.

Necrons are not people.

also recommendations on which models to start collecting eldar with without being a spike could be cool

The Dark Eldar Path series by Andy Chambers.

Like Eldar the "Dying Race"? :^)

the short entry of that archon who likes his appearance so much he engineered a virus to make a whole imperial planets population look like him

There is no way Slaanesh isn't just sitting there with a notebook when shit like that happens, getting ideas.

The Eldar had theirs.

Humanity desperately needs theirs.

Hey in the space marine codex I didn't find anywhere that the emperor's champion is only used if you play black templars. Can I use emperor's champion with another chapter?
Similar question with a squad of legion of the damned.

Craftworld Eldar are all dead, aren't they?

cwe?
de?
clowns?

>everyone turns into a meathook tittymonster

sounds like a /d/ thread

No, but apparently they're all completely crippled now.

I am still stretching my head over all of this.
If the plan worked both the Imperium and Eldar would be crippled, yes? Then how is going to take of the nids and crons? The Tau will?

Someone explain this to me.

craftworld eldar

the prime defenders of the galaxy.
Orks.

#AllIsFucked

The plan is for humanity to be destroyed, the Galaxy cleansed of life and the Eldar ridding all this to emerge free to form the Second Eldar Empire free without any opposition in a dead Galaxy. What Eldrad planned was the Fall but caused to all other species but the Eldar.

dude we all know 40k end times with just end in a time jump

orks would probably make pretty good defenders of the galaxy if it meant fights everywhere
but
theres just one problem

i2

The Necron dynasties would be still waiting for them or won't because Necrons have access to the Webway. The plan makes zero sense to me.

Yep, Deathwatch did in one boxed set what Slaanesh him/herself hasn't been able to do for centuries.

Deathwatch confirmed stronger than a Chaos God/dess

So, I've a question: how is Ynnead supposed to defeat all of the Chaos Gods when Slaanesh's birth meant the death of all of the other Eldar Gods?

Because Ynnead is the Goddess of Death...Duuh.

>i2
The plan involved the colapse all Galactic organized resistance against 3 Chaos Gods, the necrons,orks and nids. Just to take care of Slaneesh. The eldar might survive in the webway but any other specie outside necrons, nids and maybe orks would not.

Crippled to the point of extinction. They got no more Infinity Circuit, their fleets are crippled, their homes are crippled, all their wisest seers are dead, they can't make more wraith units in meaningful numbers for a long time, Ynnead's super weak so presumably Slaanesh is just gonna chow her.

Face it Eldrad's just achieved what his never ending string of failures have been building up to for a while now.

Only Slaneesh. The Eldar are not that bothered by the other Chaos Gods.

And Nurgle is the God of Life (in a way)... your point?

Is there anything in the canon about what the inside of the Eldar Webway looks like? I only know about Commorragh

My question still stands... how is Ynnead supposed to defeat the one that killed all of the other Eldar Gods?

That was the weak part of the Ynneed prophecy.

Nurgle is the god of Despair. He just adopted disease and twisted life as tools to spread despair.

My point is that Ynnead is anathema to Chaos. Death is the end of all emotion.