>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

What are some must-have perks for a Trump chain?

Again... A quick question about keyblade, do they come with resistant to outside power and influence? Like being resistance to elemental damage, or mind control or superpowers?

The Eidolon power from the Worm jump. That is, after all, the best possible Trump power.

For Incredibles, since Wardrobe makes upgrades shared across all of your suits would importing multiple outfits as suits spread their properties across both each other and any other suits Wardrobe provides?

Not the maker, but not that I recall? Not by default, anyway. The keyblades themselves are extraordinarily durable though, and can give you certain powers - have you read the Supplement for the Kingdom Hearts jump?

I wish. More likely it would only apply for future upgrades, sadly. Though this does mean if you have multiple outfits, they would all get those properties by upgrading a single one - if you want to play Iron Man this would be ideal, and if one outfit gets ruined, the rest still are intact with everything they have.

Beautiful Hair from Adventure Time
Citizen Capstone from 40k Imperium (i think)

It's whatever might be considered magic here, in the 21st century of the universe the jumper started from.

The roll was to make things a bit interesting. You could get as little as 2000 years and as much as 25000. I never had any intention iof giving the the full 50000.
The 0.01% thing is supposed to be something to make the matter actually challenging. The books show us that it's actually perfectly doable, so I want a challenge worthy of a jumper.
Buffed the implants.
Both IR origins get 500 Item-only CP.

I'll wait for some more opinions on the parasite, and then see what to do.
Ooh, I like the habitat and the manual. *YOINK!*

That was the functional intent of that, yes. That's why it says nothing about blueprints or tech. All you're losing is what it says there. Magic and ships.

Hm, a minimum NPC crew to keep things functioning, let's say.

So here's the updated version. Didn't put in the new suggested items yet, since I want to work on the fluff some more.

I'm not that familiar with Ravenloft, can someone tell me how evil I have to be to get stuck there? Hitler level? Manson level?
Because i'm doing an Evil run and i'm a bit afraid of the Dark Powers

Alice - Through the Looking Glass's "That makes no sense!"

Yeah, just wondering about the keyblade inherit nature, I know that keyblade will never be lost, will always come to you when you need it. Able to focus your magic through it, can open any lock (based on what you wank, even conceptual lock). Able to customize it to meet your requirement, increase damage or increases magic etc. Can't be broken and able to kill the unkillable. That it, I guess, the more powerful conceptual stuff are in setting only as far as I know.

Pulling a Manson will get you the attention of the Dark Powers, and they'll tempt you to pull a Hitler. Pulling a Hitler... daresay chain over.

Ignore that rule. It's just a dumb early /jc/ artefact at best, my jump is speshul syndrome at worst.

Hitler didn't really do anything that bad though

You have to be way more evil than your average murderhobo. We're talking Dracula-level evil at a minimum, getting the dark powers interested in your imminent ascent to evil godhood. 99.9% of jumpers are in no danger of getting stuck, despite the warnings.

Does the Evolution perk in PMD do anything if you go in as a human?

Thank you, so mass genocide will probably get me in trouble but the casual murder or mindrape here and there is nothing to worry about right?

>nothing to worry about
Heh. Are you trying to invoke Murphy?

You'll find that the dark powers will try to tempt you into the mass genocide if you go out and do shit, but yeah, you'll probably be okay.

Alright. What the fuck did you stupid fucks do to the ascension jump last thread? Why the fuck are you actively sabotaging a jump in the making that has the potential to be improved by telling them to mimic a jump like awakening in the worst possible area to imitate, the handling of paradox and archmastery?

Do you want this thread to continue devolving into meaningless, purposeless bitching about how fucking stupid and terrible the ascension jump is, for months on end? Because you fucks can't keep your nerf boners down, and feel the need to always make terrible decisions at the onset of a jumps creation and need to be fucking berated for how fucking stupid you are, after every time you voice your opinions?

Are you fucks retarded? Why do you want ascension to be like awakening in the one area you complain about for awakening constantly?

Maybe you should stop confusing one or two people whining about paradox and archmastery for the whole thread. It might give you some helpful context on why people said what they did.

>Are you fucks retarded?
Yes, if the last thread is any indication.

There is a very real slippery slope being tailored to you, however.

The Dark Powers will engineer situations to encourage your darker urges. And they'll slowly up the ante as you become less and less averse to using your abilities. You don't have to do something selfish or fucked up... but it will probably be the path of least resistance a lot more often than would be the case elsewhere.

And every time you give in to temptation, they get a little bit more power over you.

The trick is to maintain constant awareness of this fact and the existence of the dark powers and pass their tests. Think of them like a reality bending insecure girlfriend. They're deliberately making it likely for you to fail, but they won't retaliate if you succeed. But you'll never be free from this shit for the duration of your stay.

It was most, if not all, of the thread actually that was arguing for paradox and telling Poor Dick to mimic the Awakening jump for how to handle Arete.

I don't know why people whine so much about archmastery. The difference between what you can do with 5 dots and +5 dots is not that big. And the paradox is kind of useless, since there is an origin that outright ignores it and you can skip it using Quintessence.

I know. I was saying that the people whining about those things in the Ascension jump were only a few, not the whole thread. Sorry if I miscommunicated that.

Just do it as an early jump and stack two or three iron-will powers.

For Awakening, the entire justification basically was just imperial stuff.

Define magic as far as the drawback is concerned.

Fuck, awakening I mean. I get those so confused.

user, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I was trolling. I had hoped the 'the thread agrees with me' would have set you off, but rather than continue the charade I've decided to just explain it to you.

No, in this area you are actually wrong. Pretty much no one likes how awakening did it. In the same way, basically everyone will same if Ascension mimics it; that is to say, people will never stop talking about how dumb it is.

Please define magic more clearly.

I honestly feel that awakening wasn't strict enough. I feel like giving us mastery is too much, and we should have been banned from even attaining that much.

>Think of them like a reality bending insecure girlfriend.
Damn that's a nightmare right there.

>tfw no insecure reality bending dark power gf

You can say you're trolling but it doesn't change the facts of what happened then but I guess there's no point talking to you if you're trolling. Have a nice day.

>Are you fucks retarded?
Considering we have to make a double thread about every third time a thread is due to be made because someone doesn't fucking know how to count, yes, I would say we ARE retarded.

Nope, wrong. Everyone/a majority dislikes how the arcana/mastery and gnosis was handled, not that you keep paradox and can't get archmastery. Only a small number of morons argue for that. Good try moron, but you'll need to pay attention more.

Uh. It's the opposite, actually. The people pushing for paradox and a hardcap like with the other mage jump were the ones samefagging. It was at most 2 guys bitching about how we should make the same mistake we did with the first mage jump, and they were both actively working to ruin the thread. They only advocated for it because they wanted to shitpost about it.

More people dislike how paradox was handled than people dislike the stupid gnosis cap, a it seems like no one's even willing to try and defend that.

Sure man, whatever makes you sleep at night.

There were people arguing for archmastery not to be banned last thread, and they had valid stances on the issue.

Only an idiot would still dislike it after how many times people have pointed out the several ways to circumvent it or pointed out how it's near completely ineffectual once you take a durability perk or two.

Are you an idiot user?

Why are you guys even arguing? It's not like the jump is being made anymore. You're all looking kind of dumb bitching at each other over literally nothing.

So there is now a new biggest baddest ship in /jc/, suck it Light of Terra!

>only an idiot would raise issue with this issue once I've explained how you can bend over and take my dick in your ass rather than actually deal with the problem.

Are you an idiot?

Ah, you are an idiot. Too bad, thought I was talking to someone reasonable.

Why do you think I brought it up? You stupid fucks need a talking down to after that shit. You should feel like shit for how badly you fucked it all up.

Pfthaha.

So basically the new biggest, baddest, everyone must get because awesome ship that surpasses even the Light of Terra requires us to essentially become the Emperor of Mankind but better in a universe even more dangerous than 40K. . . without our powers. . .

It really sucks when awesome stuff is locked behind auto lose scenarios, the only jumpers that are going to be able to play with this are people who wank that they won for "reasons".

>the only jumpers that are going to be able to play with this are people who wank that they won for "reasons".

You mean the same thing as the LoT?

Yep. Asgerd-class planetoid ships never have their size explicitly stated, but they're said to be about a third again as large as Utu-class. Utu-class are spheres 1650 kilometers in radius. So the Asgerd are around 2200 kilometers in radius.

I wouldn't say it's worse than 40K. No demons, no tyranids, no necrons. Some nasty shit, but you can survive it. And it's not no powers, it's no magic. That still leaves a lot of superhuman abilities available to you.

>And it's not no powers, it's no magic.
>It's whatever might be considered magic here, in the 21st century of the universe the jumper started from.

This is giving me the impression that it means nothing that would be considered supernatural by our world's current standards. So basically reduced to peak human and thrown into a setting where moon sized warships engage in dogfights at fractions of C. It's looking pretty auto lose if you want that ship, which everyone will.

>No magic
>You can still use all your worm powers, your kryptonian/martian super-hybrid DNA, your DCAU Amazo's body, your Asgardian physiology, your Overlord stats, all of your Hive-Queen/Zerg/Sup-Comn/[*Any Mecha Franchise*], all your Genius/Super-planner perks, etc.
>People still whine and call this hard

C'mon, you can still crumbstomp the setting with only one or two of those Jumps.

All of those things are magic though.

Right. Anything that's conceivable as being science from a 21st century perspective is allowed, meaning lots of advanced technology is still available. And you have a minimum of a two thousand year head start on the giant doom weapons being thrown around. I believe in you user. I believe that you have the capability to forge mankind into a great and mighty empire with a minimum of two millennia to work with. Two millennia to unite humanity, seize the advanced technology of Dahah, and build us into a power that can withstand the Achuultani. You can do it.

We still have people with internet access that believe that the earth is flat and dinosaurs aren't real.
I seriously doubt user could forge a united empire out of humanity when he has people like that to work with.

So just kill the dumb ones. Or better yet, unite the rest of humanity against them for an easy target and a good head start to unification once the undesirables are all gone.

Is anyone else having a problem with the google doc seemingly deleting folders and files right away, which is only fixed by refreshing the page?
It's a really weird glitch, no clue why it's happening.

He could if he had a bunch of charisma and organizational perks. It's not magic for someone to just be a great leader and statesman. Stretching the limits of credibility, but not outright breaking them.

I don't think the issue is how evil you are going in, I think the issue is more how far you fall during your stay there.
The theme is choosing to give in to evil (usually in exchange for Dark Gifts or the easy way or power or something), after all. The personal tragedy part that happens all the time is about keeping you mad/insane/distracted enough to not care where your choices take you.

If you can withhold your evil tendencies and resist temptations of power for the 10-year duration, you should be no more likely to be trapped than anyone else.
But being evil going in will mean you'll fall faster, and further, and it'll make temptations/traps more difficult to stay clear of.

Occasionally. Haven't had it happen with the Jumpchain drive yet, but I've had it happen with others. Not sure why, Google Drive seems to be having all sorts of problems lately.

Uh... magic. The kind of supernatural powers that are not sci-fi or superpowers. Why is this so complicated?

No...no they aren't. I'm not talking about any kind of philosophical idea of magic. I'm talking about the general descriptions. Harry Potter is banned, Star Trek is not. Cardcaptor Sakura is banned, Evangelion isn't. Whatever you managed to sneak past the Doctor is not banned. is 100% correct.
Sorry for giving you that impression. But the word there isn't 'supernatural'. It's explicitly 'magic'. Nanites yes, potions no. Tony Stark yes, Stephen Strange no.
Yup.

How would it affect fiat perks that impose a sort of causality to your life? Like, there's a perk in Civ that makes it so that the people in your organization are consummate professionals, neither envying those above them nor deriding those below them. Would something like that work?

Honestly LoT should be removed from the drive. It's not Jumpchain compliant at all.

Yes, definitely. That is, unless it says clearly that the effect is caused due to magic.

It's /slightly/ Jumpchain compliant. Not as much as it should be, but it at least makes a token acknowledgement of the premise's standard mechanics and concepts.

Honestly, the reason for that is almost solely just to prevent people from apparating or Golden Tiger Claws or whatever onto the Dahak

Dad's an inventive one.

Oh, awesome. Then yeah, this is going to be...well, not easy, but certainly not impossible. Sure, you might be squishier in this jump than in others, but you'll be behind a thousand kilometers of armor plating and shields by the time things get dangerous. You can afford to be squishy.

"Dads lying to their children about how the world works" is one of Weinersmith's favorite topics. I fear for his daughter once she gets old enough to start asking questions.

Ravenloft is so fucking stupid. The entire set up is the overblown equivalent of the 'goblin child detects as evil' bullshit games that GMs love to play with paladins. More so because the defending yourself from hoards of monsters and not taking any temptations at all will still make you fall. The setting is trash. The jump is better than the setting by fucking miles.

Honestly, Ascension doesn't do a good job. If he wanted to block Archmastery, blocking that directly instead of a Gnosis limit would be better. As far as Paradox, it should update each jump to only trigger if you do something outside what people in those worlds think is possible, not what people in WoD think is possible.

In that case it is time to return to my capital ship sized GBE plans and small army of assholes with nine worm powers each. I will reach dahah quickly, turn it into a super weapon with GG Sparks and Worm Tinkers, then it is time to rape the Achuultani hard with jumper tier bullshit.

This sounds like a good jump to mass produce Sajuuk duplicates at full scale, so that they are functionally planet crackers.

And then figure out how to upscale their weaponry.

Stop. Just stop. Poor Dick already got driven off by these stupid fucks, we don't need to transition into a bitching fest over how terrible awakening is for stupid rulings, whether or not it's right.

That will not stop us, a determined jumper will be on board before anyone on the rest of the planet could blink.

They're either DNA based or not so far from what you can already see being developed.

There're trickier perks that could be considered a 'sufficiently advanced science that turned into magic', but neither of those that I listed felt into that category.

>As far as Paradox, it should update each jump to only trigger if you do something outside what people in those worlds think is possible, not what people in WoD think is possible.

That seems like a bad a idea.

But as I said before, why bother with Paradox so much? There are a lot of ways to skip it, even in-Jump.

>Not spending countless hours carefully crafting a realistic and adaptable plan to take over the Light
>Not using both psyker powers and psyker safety perks to destroy any further threat
>Not waifuing a Dark Eldar and becoming bros with Vekt Himself

k

>just because this problem is a problem, doesn't mean you shouldn't ignore it because I tell you to

I'm giving an opinion on what I think is a better way to handle it. That it can be easily resisted in Ascension is kind of irrelevant to what I'm saying.

Also, Paradox is a much bigger deal in Awakening.

It's best for thin-skinned pussy jump makers to gtfo early on so they don't pull a Jojo and leave a half-finished jump of a popular setting that everyone is to afraid to touch.

Fuck off.

>almost solely just to prevent people from apparating or Golden Tiger Claws or whatever onto the Dahak
Well, time to use our Transporters and teleport onboard. Honestly, it seems like a stupid distinction that only serves to punish magic or ki jumpers while doing absolutely nothing to tech jumpers.

Unlike some jumpmakers I'm not a sensitive female so I'm not going to leave just because you hurt my precious feelings.

So are you an insensitive female or a sensitive male?

Honestly the jump is finished and arguably more than decently made, all it need is a stand-alone (get it?) stand supplement. I think nobody would complain if someone made it.

Wrong. That's considered to be altering and adding onto someone's work without their permission, which is not okay here.

...sure, if you think that way. That would be thematic for the universe, actually.

It's a thing I decided to do to prevent trivializing the challenge. Gonna have to give up something for 600 CP, dude.

I know it's kind of a small issue, but do you guys prefer perks sorted by class or by cost?

Meh, Jojo user is dead and gone for more than a year now and she explicitly told us she will never make a stand-supplement, I don't see the problem in making a compendium for her Jump, not that I care honestly.

>Gonna have to give up something for 600 CP
Why? Tech still works fine. No problems here, challenge trivialised, spaceship get.

Cost.

People aren't going to make an exception because you don't like someone.

Class, it helps me decide which class to pick based on discounts and exlusives.

>but do you guys prefer perks sorted by class or by cost?
both, in this case the left size of your picture, first origin then cost

Are there any already made stand general CYOA things that could be used as a stand in supplement?

Either works fine, so long as it's consistent. Sorted by class means you only need to say "discounted to [X]" once per origin, but both have their own advantages and disadvantages when it comes to easily comparing perks.

The left one.

>because you don't like someone.
I wasn't even around when the jump was made, just saying that no one would modify anything it's just adding a supplement, from your point of view the half the supplements on the supplement folder should be deleted because they add shit on the warehouse made by quicksilver.