To all the players who know the Rosewaterian background of the color pie like what each color symbolizes of the human...

To all the players who know the Rosewaterian background of the color pie like what each color symbolizes of the human aspect and so on.

What color/s do you identify with? Also, what is the color you disagree with the most? And why?

Red black blue cuz fuck you.

bump

bump

Black and blue
make the wrld more efficient and get rich doing it

Esper

Blue because I'm indecisive and cautious to a fault, and get pretty lost in thought

White because I feel pretty empathetic towards others and feel the urge to honor my commitments, etc.

Black because I can be self-serving, greedy, cowardly, or just have pent up anger

Blue/Green because I spend a lot of time untapping myself and I'm a big guy.

>Rosewaterian
Richard Garfield came up with the color pie. Rosewater just talks about it a lot.

Can a someone give me an example of white red which isn't gratuitous armies and glorious combat? I feel like Soltari might kinda fit, being patience in adversity and extremely situational bursts of passion, but it isn't exactly popular, or focused upon.

It needn't be in-lore examples; conjecture is fine, too.

To be perfectly honest, I related to inktreader colours, but I'm not about to act like a 4 colour snowflake, and I really feel like alternating between a kruphix-y kinda green-blue and a vague white-red which isn't super battle oriented would describe me just as well.

Trump is white red.

I do love BUILDING WALLS...

>Trump doesn't pay contractors for their work
>Is only in the race to satisfy his own ego
>Unlimited greed works
>And has already started getting the usual to back his campaign even though he said he wouldn't and fuck them
>Entire campaign is just being angry at other people for your problems
Trump is mono-B, R/B at best.
Not like Hillary's too much better though, I'd say she's U/B

Dude, dafuq are you smoking. Trump is mono-Red all day erryday. You probably think he has a toupee, don't you?

Actually Trump is Red, white, and blue

IM MARDU AS FUCK BITCH NIGGA

Hillary is uncolored mana because anyone can buy her so long as they have the resources

actually agreeing with this

I'm pretty firmly golgari. I believe in the cyclical nature of life and death, and the fact that both are transition states between the other. Really, when I die, I want to be cremated and mixed into the soil of some fancy ornamental tree, maybe with a plaque saying that "Yup, this is a dead guy tree".

Now, I disagree with blue the most, because seriously, blue players are the biggest fucking spergs on the planet and I can't stand their "lul counterspell" self righteous attitude. Izzet would be the worst dual, both fun and personality wise, and going off board here, but Esper is the worst tri colour because I play commander and fucking Oloro.

Using this as a reference I'm probably blue/green
>Progress of knowledge and technology is the only way for conscious live to survive and is the utmost importance
>We cannot discard the natural impulse of growth and survival that allowed us to get here in the first place, and we cannot ignore the natural world around us lest it catch us off guard

I probably disagree most with black/red
>I want more stuff so I will destroy everything around me to get it, including the things that allow me to live in the first place.
>I was able to become strong because I lived in a nurturing environment surrounded by those who helped me. DUMBASSES! I will show I'm stronger by killing them and taking their stuff while they have their backs turned!
>Fuck the consequences of my actions! I don't care if the golden goose lays golden eggs once a week! I'm going to cut the goose open to get two golden eggs right now!

White and Black.

White because I'm brutally honest and I have a knack for forming casual relationships and social networking to people who have widely varying interests and lifestyles out of thin air, doing favors for them as they pull strings and favors for me.

Black because I burned down every bridge I ever crossed.

He's the definition of "businessman with unlimited greed" thrown in with an ego thr size of Liliana's and is just as good as cheating his way out of promises. Black mana is necessary

That's definitely mono-red mate.
>Making friends because of whims
>burning down every bridge you've crossed with no forethought of how useful they might be later

You literally described mono-red

Red/Blue

Black red factions sre fucking retarded in the game, but at least they sort-of have reasons.
They're nowhere near that bad in the lore. Rakdos is the entire entertainment industry for instance, from normal night clubs, to the entirety of Hollywood, to the crazy murder clowns we got during RtR.
And even then the murder clowns do what they do because their job is to keep a murder demon entertained enough that he doesn't reduce half the plane to a barren molten core.

I´m Red/Green

For me is Freedom the most important thing in Life.

Nope, Trump has regular limited greed. Unlimited greed would involve a whole lot more insider trading, going to jail (or at least escaping it when for some reason the SEC decides to suspend the investigation indefinitely), trail of mysterious deaths in his wake, blood diamonds, organ trafficking, etc.

But user, biological determinism. How can you be free if you're forced to breath/eat/sleep/procreate?

Oh and running guns and drugs to African warlords.

Hillary is too stupid and incompetent to be blue. But she is corrupt as hell. So B.

>Veeky Forums - /pol/shitposters and children babbling about nonsense

I appreciate what you tried to do OP, it's just the wrong time of year.

White and blue because I'm boring. And because I value altruism and change for the better and science and stuff. But mainly it's being boring.
Red is actually cool (if dangerous), it's black and green that come from angles that seem alien and frightening from my perspective.

I'd say Blue Black Red.

Intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humor.

You mean like Nahiri? Trump may be bad, but at least he's not trying to summon an eldritch monstrosity from another dimension.

I'm jeskai colored for sure.

Corporate types are pretty B-levels of greedy anyway, but he's been sued countless times for refusing to pay people after he said he would, then immediately declaring bankruptcy so he wouldn't have to pay them.
Those aren't loan sharks, but small contracting companies who did stuff like reupholster the furniture in Trump towers
Banks don't loan him money anymore because he never pays them back like this, most of his loan money comes from Russian oligarchs

You can be hyper greedy by black's standards without being stupid about it like you're thinking

Her antics of not telling the truth about anything are dimir as fuck. Plus bllue doesn't HAVE to be competent. Maro's said before that old SpongeBob is a good example of incompetent blue

Black/Green. I'm particularly fond of myself, but I'll help others when an opportunity arises. Coexistence is easier than trying to be an island, and raising the standards of the bottom rung lifts everyone (including me) up.

>azorius
>change for the better
>altruism

the fact that you two are so emotional about it confirms his mono red status to me.
I'm blue red I guess. Shifty layabout, occasional bursts of creative activity.

I think I'm U/G. Both colors have a "growth" mentality (at least in their flavor), and I live my life in relentless pursuit of self-improvement. I value factual knowledge and logic (U) but I feel it is best paired with intuition and instinct (G). I am a very thoughtful person (U) but I am also trying to be a more "mindful" person (G).

I disagree most with white. I find white to be a stagnant color associated with rigid, status-quo thinking. White's conservatism really irks me - how can one grow and change if one is dedicated to traditionalism?

>he's been sued countless times for refusing to pay people after he said he would, then immediately declaring bankruptcy so he wouldn't have to pay them.

You know how I can tell you're talking out your ass?

Trump has never declared bankruptcy.

To with your lies.

>Azorius
>Progressive
pick one

The Azorius Senate isn't my ideal representation of white/blue, but it was what I had in my image folder. Sorry for any confusion.

Sometimes blue green. Sometimes r/u/g.

>Green/Blue
>Goals:Growth & Omniscience = Knowledge without limits.
>Focus:Logic + Interdependence = Categorizing life's secrets.
>Balance:Instincts vs. Technology = Redesigning nature.
>Strengths:Intellect + Nature = Biomancers (biologists, environmentalists, etc.)
>Weaknesses:Inaction + Naive = Unaware of their own flaws; doesn't recognize limitations.

>-I value evolution and discovery, which I work toward through experimentation and transformation. I abhor waste and negligence.

>-We will eventually be able to explain everything in the natural world; Good instincts are the result of unconsciously considering situations at length; People should strive to change their thinking and/or behavior to fit the situation.

>-I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

>What color/s do you identify with?
Octarine, obviously.

Chapter 11 bankruptcy. 4 times. Besises, is filled with Trump-lovers who pretend he can do no wrong and alt-righters like yourself, why would I go there.

You'd much rather have Ephara from Theros. She wanted people to be smart. All people.could be smart and better the system if they souht her blessing

Coincidentally azorius is my ideal, the absolute rule of law

Red, black, blue, white, green. In that order.

Which is funny, because I love playing green and despise blue because it is unfun to be the only one playing cards.

Red is totally my favorite color of magic to play though, so that's accurate at least.

>identify with
Blue
>disagree with most
Black
>want to hook up with
Green/Red

Are there any female green/red planeswalkers? Any of them star in any novels?

I'd say I identify with Bant the most, and I'd say the color combos I disagree with the most are W/B or R/B

I think your only choices are Domri, the Gruul Girl and Arlinn, the Weremilf.

Both are excellent choices

>White leaning blue thinks noble savage RG type of girl would be interested in his paper shuffling skills.

Domri is a boy.

Hillary and Trump are both B. You're fooling yourself if you believe either of them have goals that extend beyond serving themselves alone. Whether you're a Hillary or a Trump supporter, please don't take my comments personally. Most politicians (with very few exceptions) are B. Politics is power, and B is the color of power.

Where Hillary and Trump differ is in the "How" and "Why" of their campaigns. Hillary's goal is the control and domination of the populace, and she has conducted a campaign based on lies and deception. She's cautious, calculating, conspiratorial, and cold. She makes the safest picks, chooses her words carefully, and hides her true self (if there even is one) under a heavy mask. Also, she's a big fat Cheatyface. All of this is very Blue. Trump, in contrast, is in it entirely to stroke his tremendous narcissistic ego (this is to say that he is in it for the emotional gratification of becoming president) and he has run a campaign based on saying random-ass, inflammatory bullshit. He's impulsive, brash, and all-in-all a huge bully. His rhetoric pits the strong against the weak and he doesn't give a fuck if what he says offends anyone (or even if it makes sense). His whole campaign is designed to entertain his constituents, and he's in the spotlight on center-stage. This is all very Red.

So there you have it. In my opinion, Hillary is UB and trump is BR.

Is he? I've only ever seen the card like twice and missed that block. Oh well, Arlinn it is.

Whixh is what I said but you said it better. Good explanation of the color pie by the way

Why, user? What draws you to those colors?

Blue and green.

>identify with
Uw
>disagree with most
G
>want to hook up with
Wg

Very used to /b/, aren't we.

>want to hook up with

Veeky Forums, what are my options in terms of fly Black/Green honeys?

How do you feel about dating an assassin and wearing a blindfold during sex

>White leaning blue thinks noble savage RG type of girl would be interested in his paper shuffling skills.
I have my red streak. I always score R/U on those quiz things.

Only the finest

>not liking jeskai babes

Narset is Pure. Pure!

White/black.

Black, because human society functions in an essentially utilitarian way. It only values you insofar as you are useful to it. Therefore, the rational response is to treat all other human beings according to how useful they are to you - as tools to achieve your ends. Instead of turning yourself into what other humans want, make other human beings serve what you want.

White, because organization and society is essential for my success, and because I recognize the need for allies. I would willingly subordinate myself to serve a larger group and seize power, as long as it takes care of me and my goals in exchange. I also dislike harming the weak, since from a pragmatic standpoint they cannot harm me or my goals, and whom are humble enough to act as good servants in the future. White also blends well with black, because the best route to success is to seize control of society and use it to enforce your morality upon it. In short, the ideal occupation would be a priest or inquisitor. Establish the dominance of you and your kind.

I dislike pure G or G/W because I dislike their archetypal expression, the hipster. The hipster adapts himself to the conditions in which he finds himself, rather than seeking to change or fight against those conditions. He is like a tree that grows stunted and creeping in response to poor light/nutrients. Sure, he fulfills his basic needs: food, water, employment, shelter, and sex. But it attains a form ultimately repulsive to do so. Work against or around those conditions. Parasitize on those keeping you in the shade. Do not become the person others desire you to become. Rather, pretend to be the person they want you to be, until it is safe to kick them down the ladder. That is merely the truth of the world. Use it before it uses you.

I tend to get along best with reds since they take the direct and honest route to power and happiness, and whose motivations are transparent.

6/10. Edgy, but amusing.

I'm not an alt-righter, and you should go to /pol/ because you are peddling political propaganda.

It's really not hard to google up user. These are public records. All you have to do is type "trump" and "bankruptcy" into google search and they'll come right up.

Somehow I feel it's missing something to be truly funny. It's still got that feel that you might be serious.

I'm not sure, I feel like if you self-designate a color then you might be inclined to pick one that you like and not one that actually matches yourself. That said, I really dig blue.

That's a very blue thing to say.

Also, nice quads.

Blue, green, black

I like technology, I think might makes right and I'm only concerned with myself.

Blue-Black-White in that order

So where does green come in?

I'd call myself a blue-red-white-green-black sort of person

nothing personel kiddo.

weed

Blue or Esper, but I always play with Gruul decks.

Are scientists mono-blue?

Esper I like the order and logic of WU and the personal drive of black. I dislike the passion and chaos of red and while i have nothing against nature I don't think it is something to blindly revere.

If it there doing it for knowledge for the sake of knowledge yes if they are doing it for some other reason maybe not.

Red-white would arguably be the idealised version of anarcho-capitalism? When everyone is free, everyone is good and when everyone is good everyone is free.

Grixis. I value reason, freedom from authority, and selfishness.

The color pie wasn't really defined back in the day. Cards went were they did based on nothing much at all. Given that, and the fact that Rosewater is undoubtedly the single person to have thought and written the most about it, I don't think it's misguided to think of it as Rosewater concept.

going off this I'd have to say i'm probably a Red/Green/Blue

I tend to follow my gut and don't really think about the long game but I do think the short term things through and believe in the motto work smarter not harder.

For you...yourself? How would baneposting properly apply to that I wonder?

According to Maro's article on the matter, some examples of RW characters in pop culture are:
>The Punisher
>The A-Team
>Worf
>V

The last one sticks out to me as really weird, however, and his justification was equally bizarre.

Esper for Etherium augmentation.

Simic because bigger is better.

Probably white and red.

Order and rules are nice, but occasionally to keep things from being stale you have to break the status quo a little. Plus without emotion or creativity things would be boring as shit.

I can't really think of any colour combo I'd dislike. Obviously selfish people are annoying, but so are know-it-alls, people with no restraint, people with no flexibility, and trees.

Especially trees.

Everything but Green.

I take it you've gone up against elf decks at some point... I know your pain.

Red.

I just...

I just really like lightning.

I'm a writer/photographer, introverted, self-hating, alcoholic, self-destructive and love the outdoors. color code me Veeky Forums.

BG

I play Elves because the deck is great. I talk about actual trees.

Sounds pretty red. Maybe RG.

Phyrexian mana because I haet & mutilate myself.
Also snow mana because I am a special snowflake.
I also have devoid because I am devoid of any actual legitimate hobbies, interests or good qualities as a person.

I said trees because I couldn't think of a good example of a green-aligned scumbag (other than a tree-hugger?) but I know they exist.

Wow, a businessman with a bunch of different businesses has had business go bankrupt? STOP THE PRESSES

Honestly, I find myself constantly changing and I feel like that's how it was made to be interpreted. At a certain moment in time you can be Naya, at another, Esper.
We as humans tend to shift constantly through the years and as we acquire more experiences and start seeing things with a new perspective. I find it fair to say that everyone is all 5 colors and that every once in a while, a few colors will show up just a little stronger than other.