Warhammer 40,000 general

>believing eldar lies edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s) (Updated 8/11/18)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V8.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

First for eldrad is lying piece of shit and his ritual failing does not mean chaos is now certian to win

Second for this

I sure hope so.

By the same logic, nothing happened to the Craftworlds either then so we are back in the status quo.

Good, moving the narrative forward doesn't improve anything.

so considering that everyone is arguing over what appears to be in the new deathwatch codex, is there a scan of it somewhere or what? I checked the mega and didn't see it, but I could just be an idiot.

Well folks, I'm planning to get a Warhammer 40k /Warhammer FB tattoo. Any advice which one?

Right now I'm thinking about the Iron Warriors or Alpha Legion emblem.

It's the campaign book from Death Masque they are fighting over, and usually scans / ePubs don't show up for a few days

Dark Angels, but instead of the full symbol, you will have just the wings tattooed on your thighs on either side of your cock.

thoughts?

thanks. Out of curiosity, has anyone had a chance to look at the new book/ could give me the rundown?

Agreed.

No. That's not be the same logic at all.
My logic is that the eldar are lying pieces of shit who will say anything to ensure they survive, and would gladly tell mankind that they are trying to kill chaos, while conveniently leaving out that this ritual will also kill the astronomicon and is only going to kill slannesh, the weakest of the chaos gods whose death won't really do that much to weaken things like the black legion and the 13th black crusade, which is the really threatening part of chaos right now. Not to mention the eldar also leave out that their own race doesn't think it's a good idea, and eldrad had to lie, steal and work in secret to preform this ritual.

Your logic is "it all doesn't matter, everything will revert back to the status quo". Not at all the same logic.

Good deal even if you only intend to use half of that stuff. Make sure it's not a scam.

Stupid good deal, really make sure it's legit.

Anyone else the thinking about converting their deathwing into Death watch?

I've got like 6 spare assault cannon arms. Just going to wait till I can read the codex before hacking apart my guys

*that's not by

No, what you are saying that Eldrad's words can't be trusted because of reasons.
I am saying that if that is so, then nothing he states in the Death Masque can be trusted.
If you think that Eldrad's predictions about the Ritual failing leading to total dominion of Chaos are untrustworthy, then the idea that the Craftworlds being doomed due to the ritual even taking place is also equally untrustworthy.

In what way could it be a scam? Fake models? It's on ebay which has very good buyer protection.

Package could contain aerosol Noro Virus.

>I am saying that if that is so, then nothing he states in the Death Masque can be trusted.
Except he didn't state that stuff about the craftworlds going dark. That was stuff stated by the "narrator", not any character. It's not the same thing.

> then the idea that the Craftworlds being doomed due to the ritual even taking place is also equally untrustworthy.
Not really. We know for a fact that the ritual leaves the craftworld's dark and the infinity circuits empty. That's just part of the ritual, and we know for a fact that it happened. The implications are not a set in stone fact, but merely the words of an untrustworthy eldar.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll trust the royal mail to intercept and inspect the package for me. Wish me luck.

True, it doesn't. What it does mean is that the Ynnead plot that's been slowly hyped up for the last couple of years was shat on to sell more Space Marines.

Does that make his arse his Inner Circle?

Are there any images or descriptions of Psychotroke grenades? If possible, I want to be accurate with how I model and paint them.

I plan on representing all my xenos inquisitor's grenade wargear, either as the grenades themselves or as a small floating or crawling drone armed with a launcher.(the latter being marked on its hull or ammostorage with the grenade)

That or Ynnead isn't gone for good and that splinter is already up to something.

>Trusting Royal Mail

>EVER

>Not putting your faith in your king.

Probably like a smoke or flash bang grenade since it's described as releasing a substance into the air that fucks with people.

The Nightspear will pursue the splinter and find it. Don't worry

>king

How come nobody ever posts their painted up armies ITT, are there other threads for that? Post some sexy armies.
Heretic detected. Purging initiated.

the king of mail

Ynnead's dead, No Alien god can stand up to Artemis

Lots of people post pictures. Its just that the last thread was clogged up with endless shitposting.

Also there's should be a /wip/ thread

First list, how is it?
++ Skitarii: Codex (2015) (AdM Skitarii Maniple) (500pts) ++

+ Troops (270pts) +

Skitarii Vanguard (145pts) Plasma caliver, 9x Skitarii Vanguard
····Vanguard Alpha (34pts) [Phosphor blast pistol, Skitarii war plate, Taser goad]

Skitarii Vanguard (125pts)Arc rifle, 9x Skitarii Vanguard ,
····Vanguard Alpha (29pts) Radium carbine, Taser goad

+ Heavy Support (230pts) +

····Onager Dunecrawler (115pts) [Neutron Laser and Cognis Heavy Stubber]
····Onager Dunecrawler (115pts) [Neutron Laser and Cognis Heavy Stubber]

Warlord will be the plasma unit

Skip blast pistols and goads, use those points to buy more special weapons.

Also put Dunecrawlers into 2 differents squads so they can handle multiple targets. The drop from 5++ -> 6++ isnt that massive since you'll usually get 5+ cover save from everything.

It's stated around here that Tempestus Scions can't hold their own as a standalone army. Why is that?

I'm not too familiar with the codex, but there are like 7 choices in the book. There's next to no variety that you see in real army books.

Not much choices and not enough power in those choices.

>on a failed charge you still move the distance rolled

How would this change the game?

well, you're still caught flat footed because you're not in assault and closer to the enemy guns

You could move into cover or some shit that would save you a bit from your opponents shooting phase.

Would rather we go back to not having charges be random at all.

Okay but do you keep Overwatch? What about 6" + d6" standard, to keep variance but majestic it more reliable?

Wouldn't make much of a difference

>make it

It would if you had different move profiles for armies/units.

That would be worse

Drop overwatch or make it force the unit firing overwatch to have 0 attacks in close combat.

The random charge ranges or different move profiles?

What about reducing them to WS1, or only 1 attack, maybe both?

>orks, guard and tau move 3"
>glorious slaanesh and eldar move 6"

Overwatch needs to die in a fire. Shooting already has the advantage of getting several turns to rip the assault units to shreds before they get there, the last thing it needed was another chance to fuck over the few lucky ones that actually get there.

Assault already got a major nerf when they removed the ability to consolidate into another combat. They should have left it at that.

Could make the overwatching unit strike at initiative 1?

how often were you consolidating into another combat? for me it rarely came up. i would argue that not allowing units to charge out of non assault vehicles or the FMC change hit harder (though it was a good idea considering how good fmc are)

different move profiles just complicates things and unbalances it further

>how often were you consolidating into another combat?
Me? Never. I'm a Tau player.

I did had it happen to me often enough to learn minimizing unit count and spreading as far as I could while still overlapping fields of fire though.

These days I just scoff at the notion of moving my gunlines. One lucky round of shooting and even a single squad of fire warriors can reduce anything not MEQ by half or more.

They shouldn't get what is effectively more attacks than the attacker on charge, so no.

Not him but often enough back in 4th or 5th, can't recall.

guardsmen are M4 in 2nd edition (4")
orks are M4 too
eldar are M5 (5")

the main difference is eldar are more expensive and not really any better (until you pay a bunch to give them shuriken catapults) and have to purchase sidearms if they don't want to be completely shitty in close combat

I just want to know one thing. Do the gunlines bring you joy?

>40kids can't handle different move profiles

Where were you when Warmahordes and Age of Shitmar priced to have more depth and capable players?

>Orks, Tyranids, Imperial Guard, Tau get their movement nerfed
>Marines and Chaos don't change their movement
>Eldar get faster movment

The game is bloated as it is, adding even more shit to check is only going to detract from the fun. Warmahordes and AoS have vastly simpler rulesets.

you do the british proud user

They've stopped being fun a long time ago. Having just one phase in the entire game to do stuff is incredibly boring. Farsight armies have made it a bit more fun, bouncing around with Suits and drones everywhere, but still not that much different.

I've actually been slowly switching to Dark Eldar. It's been a rather wild ride, to say the least.

I'm a newbie so don't expect much, but sure why not. Next thing is a Fire Prism, never done a tank before so should be fun.

Where is your wraith knight, fuckboy?

L-lewd...

And I'm not taking any strength D stuff until the meta hits 1500 or so. Even then, only against high-tier armies. The bikes aren't WYSIWIG, I'm mostly going to be counting them as 1 heavy per 3.

So, are you a top or a bottom?

D isnt a problem really. Wraithguards have big mobility issues in general. The problem is WK and how cheap it is compared to its power.

Yeah but Eldar Are OP memes are everywhere these days, and I don't want to shit up a new gamegroup.

Having said that, is the WK really all THAT bad? It only gets 2 shots at bs4. That's 2 tanks a turn, tops. Admittedly that's fucking great, but is it game-breaking? As I said, newfag here, so I don't know what I'm talking about.

>D isn't a problem

wraithguard are perfectly fine so long as you don't use the d-scythes

if you use d-scythes, then you have problems

And after scythes they are a unit that costs 230pts and has 6+8" threat range. Sure, they fuck shit up hard if they reach anything but for so expensive models you should be powerful. And they are.

If you think Scytheguards are more than a decent unit then you are probably bad at this game.

is there a more comprehensive "my dudes" table for orks than the one currently on 1d4chan?

alternatively let's come up with an ork klan together 40kg

Switch. Maximum tactical flexibility as per the codex astartes.

i2

Literally no ones gives it the guns. They give it the D blade.

Space Marines can deal with it, but it's so cheap for such an amazing stat line that can be improved further with some bullshit formations.

Huh, the CC one is best? With everyone bitching about assualt being crap I wouldn't have guessed. So it gets in combat turn 2, 6 turns to a game. If your opponent deploys like a retard and you roll well with charge distances and attacks and saves, that's 5 things ded over the course of a game. Huh, for 300ish points I guess that really is good. Thanks for the pointer.

Would anyone complain about me using Raptor Chapter tactics in a Sons of Corax detachment, using the raven guard relics from the Kau'yon/AoD supplements?

Assault isn't crap if you are gargantuan creature. Stomps hurt. And that D-blade.

>Would anyone complain
Yes.

If you do anything outside of the rules just be ready to do something else if the other person isn't amicable to it, even if it's something vary reasonable like this.

Yes since SoC detachment is very powerful but offsetted byt the fact that Raven Guard chapter tactics suck... but Raptors are good.

FW should allow it, SoC decurion with Lias Issodon would be so cool.

what kind of models should i have for 1000 points of orks?
i'm thinking a warboss and lots of boyz obviously. deffkoptas? should i take any walkers or something? i know i want trukks

I was just thinking that, since it says you can use this, if it is a Raven Guard OR successor chapter...

Which Raptors are.

Damn son, I'd completely forgotten about the stomps. So, no WK till like 2kpts, right?

And on a sidenote, if I modelled a WK to have stiletto heels can I give it an extra attack?

Orks are so bad that it's literally just up to your tastes. Take whatever you want, you're free.

I could see people arguing that RAI is successors using the CT, although my personal opinion and RAW are with you.

Plan B is just best practice in avoiding worthless arguments.

How long does it tend to take for things like Battlescribe to have a new codex?

meh. at the very least i wanna know if it matters if i take transports to get the boyz across the board, or i just opt for shit tons more boyz instead

Whenever the scriptkiddies get around to it, within a month or so last I checked.

Alright, guess it's pen and paper lists for now.

Trukks wagons and koptas are all good to have.

Dude they're 42 points a piece.
Only thing that comes close infantry-wise to that in price are TEQs and those are in general complete shit.
They're also not really all that slow considering that they can grab a Wave Serpent to fart them around the battlefield.

Scytheguard are very, very good.
It's just that there's no real point to take them when your just trying to cram as many Scatterbikes, Farseers, Warlocks, and Wraithknights into an 1850 point list or what have you.

No.
It already has 4 attacks with Stomp.

I don't know what your group is like but the thing is vaguely infuriating for some armies to deal with already before you even start tacking on goofy homebrew stuff.

So you're saying that min 330pts unit with very limited range of threat and bad survivebility shouldnt be that good?

Yeah I know, I was being facetious. My group is mostly new collectors/players, so the last thing I want to do is shit it up with OP nonsense. I'm eventually going to ally my Eldar with Orks, maybe write a couple backstories to go with it. One silly, one serious. Should be fun :^)

So nothing for The Beast series is in the book folder after Predator, Prey. Have we not gotten shared on the later books? I know that like all big 40k (32k?) book events it kind of is up and down, but I was looking forward to the Deathwatch parts and Draken Vangorich losing his goddamned mind due to the horrible, horrible bureaucrats and killing everyone.

I know Watchers in Death just hit, so nobody has it probably, but has anyone got the other books?