Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

Order take all edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread:
Witch (a)elves, fragile, slow, and expensive!? Synergy between DoK is alright, 2A 3+(reroll) 3+(reroll 1) rend-less 1dmg per lady, 5++ against wound and immune to battleshock too. Any thoughts?

first for wanderers book when

So this will basically be the year of Order because of how great the faction did in the campaign?

I've found out that my store still has a couple of boxes of TK Skeleton Archers and Necropolis Knights
Is there some Tomb Kings or Death player that knows if their rules are good?

Thinking about starting skaven. Are the pestilens guys any good? Their general looks awesome

Pretty much all of the tomb kings stuff is awesome. Necropolis knights are amazing and skeleton archers can have great builds with Khalida.

Pick the knights up for resale value alone.
They aren't quite Diaznettes but they're already massively overvalued on ebay.

not a tomb kang/death player but
the skeleton archers seem kinda bad for 100 points unless you have khalida and even then they look kinda meh to me
i'dd still get them for the novelty and the fact its the only ranged unit death has
necropolis knights look fucking amazing definetly get those
15 wounds on 3 models 4+ save , regens 1 model every turn and the option to regen 1 more trough a 5+ casting roll
all for a measely 160 points

If I remember the spoiler list correctly, we're getting new dorfs next in September, then the next Order is going to be shadow elfs closer to summer 2017. Chaos and Death are in between. I wouldn't be surprised to see another Order minor book (Freeguild, Wanderers, etc) in there though.

nth for Khorne is overdone, new Tzeentch when?

I recently started recollecting, havnt done so for like 10 years. I found a unopened blister of those deamonettes. Are they valuable?

New dorfs? Fuck yes. Any hints as to what models?

For lack of a better term, steam punk dorfs. Runic animated golems with gunners, blimps/airships (probably in the art mostly), and cannons/guns.

Could I have some help with this?

is there a PDF on the items/command traits?

Glade Guard are a great kit. I hope they keep them around.

Order battle trait is the worst.

Prove me wrong

>That bowstring protector on the wrong side of the face though.

Don't get me wrong, the models was the shit when they hit the shelves, but in terms of function its very much just a blur of unusable stuff going on. The helmets being one of them.

dont you want to use your other allegiance rules anyway ?

>Order claim all three cities and Ghyran back from Nurgle.
>Sadly Tzeentch was hiding majorly bad juju in one of cities that was released due to the fighting

>Realm of Shadow has the Dark Elves fighting off Duergar-esque Dwarves and Slaanesh
>Realm of Light has High Elves fighting Tomb Kings going full Sun God Ra
Y/N?

Runic golems? Airships? Consider me hyped. But cautiously. Airships has been something I've been looking forward to for far too long.

Why deny the truth? Better to wait for your army's book.

Not always. Destruction's is balls to the walls crazy, and the first command trait counters Sylvaneth so hard Gork and Mork are still stopped laughing.

>Alarielle lifts the manifestation of Nurgle above her head
>she breaks his back over her knee
>Chaos becomes a gimped faction

>Sadly Tzeentch was hiding majorly bad juju in one of cities that was released due to the fighting
"Haha! Chaos wins in one of the cities anyway" reminds me too much of SoC. Pass on that.

Otherwise, Y. Especially that last one.

chaos' exists

Chaos didn't win squat in Storm of Chaos, though. Basically all progress Chaos had made in the previous year before SoC went into reverse. Even Volkmar was ressurected from the dead because Be'lakor was being a tit.

That's the thing though, Chaos didn't just 'not win' in Storm of Chaos, everyone banded together and kicked Chaos so hard they didn't even make it out of the Chaos wastes.

Then GW handwaved a magic juju to the climactic battle location because they hadn't accounted for Chaos being stomped so utterly and had to hurry an excuse to still have the climax they'd initially planned.

This "Chaos is still in one of the cities because handwave" reminds me of that.

Last battle my 10 archers took down a WLC on shooting alone. Use a wight king's command ability and 20 or more and you get triple attacks.

Just check ebay. Prices are mad.

I wrote it more of a "Tzeentch had a long sealed DP that everyone but him forgot about"
Order still BTFO everyone else out of Ghyran

Stop with the lies. With no doubt this has been explained to you a thousand times already. The battles of SoC weren't about stopping Chaos from getting to the city, they were about seeing how much of the Chaos forces reached the city. The final battle was going to happen no matter what.

I can't understand one thing in rules.
Only one HERO can bear an atrefact or all HEROES in my army can bear artefacts?

Any one (1) hero can have 1(one) artifact. If they're a wizard they may instead take from any Arcane Artifact table that they qualify for.

One (1) additional artifact may be taken for each battalion that is bought. No hero may have more than one artifact.

A Diaz Daemonette easily go for around 4-5€ each, even on more moderate market than the overpriced ebay.

they still average a mere 10 wounds on 20 models in that case
it doesn't hold up to other faction's shooting , or skele's melee for that matter
all of your hero's can wear artifacts , but you can only have each artefact once ,you get 1 artefact for free and for every warscroll battalion you get to bring an extra artefact

I meant £, not €

>If they're a wizard they may instead take from any Arcane Artifact table that they qualify for.

I'm not familiar with this. I've skimmed the GH and haven't found any mention about wizards having different access to artifacts. Is this only in some of the newer Battle Tomes?

Misinformation and lies are not the same thing, Carnac.

I stand corrected. The point still stands though. Order dominates everywhere, no need to pull a "But then Chaos-" in one of them.

Yeah, ever since Sylvaneth each book has their own artefacts and command abilities. Wizards have their own list to choose from, and even a unique lore of magic on top of that.

Working on Chaos Knights, but I cannot decide if I want them to wield Ensorcelled Weapons or Chaos Glaives. The Ensorcelled Weapons are generally better. But I don't know if the Glaives are worth using instead for their Impaling Charge ability.

Depends on what you're charging. Remember that saves are taken before calculating damage, so if you're charging a unit with, say, a 5+ save you're going to be dealing a lot more damage with the lances than you would if you were charging a 4+. More damage means more dead models, more dead models mean worse battleshock results, bad battleshock means more models lost, which in turn means the unit is gone faster and you can head off for the next charge.

So do lances if you're expecting to fight a lot of 5+/6+ units. Swords if you're fighting 4+ or better.

What if you fight a good mix of both and want the best choice to model them with?

This was very very helpful. But in this case. I really don't know what I'll be up against, so just generally speaking, what is just the most consistent, safest and best choice? Like I said, assuming I don't know what I'm up against.

One and the same. It has been explained numerous times in these threads and WHFB threads so If anyone insists about SoC being whatever else then it's a lie to push forward an agenda.

>"But then Chaos-" in one of them.

And I agree.

According to GW, they learned from previous campaigns and they will let the outcome of the Seasons of War stand.

Order has its three cities. Whoopie. Hopefully next years campaign won't be a total bust.

swords will be most consistent
but you will get a higher damage potential with lances

do you know any site where I can find them cheaper?
That's a lot of cash.

I've recently started collecting Flesh Eater Courts and right now I've got:
1 Terrorgheist
1 Zombie Dragon
1 Vargulf
9 Horrors
2 Horror Curtiers
3 Flayers
1 Flayer Curtier
50 Ghouls
I really enjoy playing with horrors, but that leaves me with main question. I've got 1 Terrorghaist/Zombie Dragon left, so which should I build?

Shit man...£15 a single one...and I have a pack of three and am broke...tfw but they are so pretty and I wanna paint them :(

>not a single new model for ogres

I can't decide on Lord of Chaos or Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount. Help anyone??

daemonic mount looks cooler

>normally an Ironjawz player
>get half the starter cheap, fill it out with more stormcast
>first game against Ogor player, 1500 points
>retributors do insane amounts of work
>mfw buying another unit of them and concussors

Also Hammer or Sword for Libs?

In that case, ensorcelled weapons are less situational. The extra attack compensates for the higher saves by making them roll more to fail, while still helping to mow down more low-save grunts.

First coat is done. Sorry for the strange texture, the primer dried really fucked. (This is my first mini btw)

Middlehammer and Oldhammer Traiding Company on Facebook deal with this kind of stuff.

Oldhammer is for more ancient stuff, but you can find some of them inside big collections.

There is a dude that is accepting offers for s stock of like 80 of them.

>All those recasts

Bet he paid top dollar for them too

Not recasts.
They were all still in blisters at home of my boss at work.
And they were a gift.

You know, with the right colour wash, that blade can actually look pretty neat.

I am thinking if you give it a wash with Agrax Earthshade, then lighty drybrush some Ryza Rust over it, it could look pretty nice.

Agreed! But I'm talking stats and abilities.

Here's the back. Already fixed the dark spots in the front from the first pic

You're being presumptuous. It's the first time I hear about it.

If it had been any other model, I would have said you had ruined it but as a nurgle model I think you actually gave it a unique look

Like everyone said, give it a good wash and it should look impressive

See the grand congregation tutorial from quest for ghal maraz. I like that jaundiced, infected look

Gj lad. How long have you spent on him so far? I tend to take way too long with my horde infantry and end up doing 30 mins per skeleton or something stupid like that.

>There is a dude that is accepting offers for s stock of like 80 of them.
link?
probably recast but I accept anything at this point if its cheap enough.
basically what said.
just eb more careful with priming on your next models, or you'll ruin them.

shacke your primer's can before priming next time , if the problem persists , go to your store and show them , ask for a new one at the cvery least
also , atleast put some shade on the guts/holes in the skin , doesn't make sense to
shading the armor and brightening the flat bits up again wouldn't be bad neither have it the same colour
finally as suggested would probably make the axe look nice despite the grain

not bad for your first model user, considering the grain the primer left

I'm genuinely curious to see how it looks after a washing and some highlights. That texture on a nurgle model like that could be a luck out.

>There is a dude that is accepting offers for s stock of like 80 of them.
link?
probably recast but I accept anything at this point if its cheap enough.

I don't think those are recasts, for the simple fact is an entire army with a lot of old stuff, and in various state of painting.

Also not cheap.

I can't link because system think is spam.
Go on Oldhammer Trading Company on Facebook and search "Daemons of Lust"

fucks sake i'm handicapped
* shake your primer's can before priming next time. If the problem persists go to your store and show them , ask for a new can at the very least if it really is fucked.
Put a shade on the guts/holes in the skin atleast , doesn't make sense to have it skin coloured
shading the armor and brightening the flat bits up again wouldn't be bad neither

I've spent about an hour and a half. My friend who got him for me takes about 30 min per plague monk.

Poor sod, I thought 80 skeletons was bad... At least Nurgle isn't so grindy. I probably would have choose a smaller army if my skeleboner wasn't raging when i got into AoS

thanks bro, going to check it out asap

skeletons are the fastest damn battleline to paint

For normal people maybe. But I'm a bit weird when it comes to painting and need everything painted to the best I can do, which means I end up spending 30 mins on a single skelly. Not complaining though as they look great and I still love death as an army and how it 'feels' with all the old gothic feely stuff thrown in.

Post first wash. Thinking some reikland on the skin, then veil tan on the wounds and sores. Then highlights.

Treelord Ancient from the Android App. Yep, it's got two more abilities.

Did you use Army Painter color primer on this?

Citidel

*citadel

Has it ever happened before?
Of app having different warscroll from the site?

>New Sylvaneth rules encourage Sylvaneth players to put models in Wildwoods.
>Play Fyreslayers.

Whelp, time to get some more Runemasters.

The site's PDF is for the old Wood Elves, the app seems to be using the new Sylvaneth book, which has those abilities.

I am the exact same as you bud, it takes me hours to paint models. Even when its finished i am usually not happy either. Quite happy there is elite ironjawz style armies so i can actually have a painted army.

So now that they have had Order win every city painlessly has GW revealed how they are going to hand waive the results to give a city to chaos yet like they do in every campaign?

Well I just started my Destruction army a week before the campaign ended. I'll be ready for next season though. My GW had literally zero Destruction players generating points. I realize Chaos probably has the best chance of unseating Order, and going for Death or Destruction is like voting third party, but fuck it. It isn't easy being green.

I see. Nothing strange.

Since I have no access to the App, i would have been a little scared that updates could come from there.

Anyone got the rules for the Branchwych in Silver Tower, I am curious :3

Hopefully yeah since the whole event was rigged from the start for Order to win with no effort

I get Sigmar is in the game's title but fucking hell.

Poor fucking Death players, i feel for them the most.

Anyone know what the next age of sigmar release is? Steamhead duardin right?

chaos is still holding onto the salt wastes i see

>Hopefully yeah since the whole event was rigged from the start for Order to win with no effort
premium bait, 10/10

>It's bullshit when my favourite faction doesn't win

Kek

While the butthurt chaosfag should start thinking about salt mining, he does have a point that GW's current system favours Order due to the sheer number of armies it has. And Death will have a hard time making any progress as the least.

> Orderfags trying at act like blatant faction favoritism and broken campaign's are a good thing
> Destruction, Death, and Chaosfags have no reason to complain

Goodness the orderfags prove themselves the worst as usual.

The Age of chaos is over, pleb

>TFW Nagash and Gorkamorka fuck over Sigmar in the realm's biggest gangbang...

Cant wait...

things we're actually quite even at my store for the longest time with the exception of desctruction
at first chaos was winning , then death was in the lead before us orderfags took over
in the end painting did 10 times more than battles
makes me wonder what things were like in other stores
does no one play chaos/death/destruction there ?
did order players just play against eachother all day and asked for the points for those kinda games ?

i think the only broken thing was "report your wins"and "painting points".
Its a campaign, so only battles in the stores should have counted. Paint should have awarded with expandable bonuses in games, like "reroll all hits for one turn with the new painted unit"

>Won the End Times.
>Still bitching.

No, I'm pretty sure you're doing a fine job proving Chaosfags are still the worst.