Halo: Ground Command dropped edition

>Halo tabletop?

Yes that's an actual honest to the Didact thing, we have halo ground command which is 1:100 made by spartan games

>Spartan games? Those guy can never commit to anything...

Luckily 343 has a three year release plan for Halo: Ground Command, which should have the Pelicans and the Phantoms released by the end of the month, more infantry by itself in 6-8 weeks, The Scorpion, more Warthogs and the Wraith coming in the in between, and the scarab by the middle of next year (and for the scarab they are shooting for 350 - 450 USD price range), plus scenery to pad things out.

Things like jackals, ultra and snipers are already modeled and waiting for various stage of approval (the ultra and the snipers are basically done, and where supposed to come out in the box but 343 decided to shuffle them to provide a simpler mechanic on the starter set and for Canon issues)

With things like different variations of elites, hunters and grunts coming down the pipeline to allow for the creation of themed armies.

>OK, but what sets ground command apart from other tabletops?

We can talk about the included painting guide, or the fact that scenarios will be released for free online, or that you will be able to buy your own units without having to worry about bundles, or the included scenery, but the bread and butter of it would be the reaction system.

The reaction system allow for players to react with a single unit, to another player's action during that player's turn based on a roll of a 2d6 and the reaction value of the unit in question.

youtu.be/D6vImS02pBo

So have you gotten ground command yet? Are you liking it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/D6vImS02pBo
youtu.be/6Jf0oxUJNi4
youtu.be/yR5esqBzDt8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Luckily 343 has a three year release plan for Halo: Ground Command

Plans don't mean jack when it comes to spartan. I'll believe it when I see it.

At the very least there are 7 models that are good to go tho:

the gauss hog and the rocket hog (the weapons are interchangeable), the Scorpion, the wraith, elites ultra, unsc snipers, the pelican, and the Phantom, plus 2 sceneries pieces, so that has to count for something.

>spartan will be fine this time, guys.
all the evidence says spartan cannot keep with a system for more than six months before releasing an entirely new game and forgetting about the previous ones.

>do not trust spartan games

Considering how much this one has sold so far, they took 4 times as many to Gen Con this year than they did to fleet battles and still sold out, and who is behind it I doubt they will just drop it, specially with 3 year release plan, regardless I guess it does pay to be cautious.

listen, if it gets me cheapo models of warthogs, sure

Microsoft and 343 have been pretty blunt with Spartan, if they fuck this up they'll basically cease to exist.

Not saying they won't fuck it up but at least they have incentive to not give in to their natural magpie nature.

did they fuck up fleet battles or something?

The distribution was less than stellar but the game is genuinely quite good for what it is.

I was gonna say, it seems like a really cool game, so

even though i pretty much just bought it for the models

I don't get the complaints about Spartan. If they keep selling the models that already exist and the associated accessories what is the problem? We aren't children, we don't need new releases to stay interested in a wargame as long as its currently got enough out to work properly. Especially when most people are lucky to play once a week if that.

Picked this up at the weekend and I've got to say it really is a great set for the money.

The rules are simple but look fun enough.

You gotta give it to Hawk Wargames, the Dropzone Commander starter set changed the game. Starter sets these days have so much more stuff in them than they used to. Well until you go back to the glory days of Gorkamorka and the like.

Do you think you could scan the rule book for the people that are tentatively interested in the game?

Wait, what?

It's less about staying interested than it is about them not fixing things that are obviously broken.

Me and my group picked up Firestorm Armada to fill the hole left by BFG and at first everything was fine but soon we started to see the problems with the system. Unlimited exploding dice, ships that can "technically" move backwards, general poor balance, and other issues.

Instead of addressing any of these issues Spartan just focused on Dystopian Wars and when issues popped up with that they focused on Dystopian Legions and so on and so on ...

It kills the community.

No scanner I'm afraid.

>Wait, what?

So it's based on internet drama so take it with a metric shit tonne of salt but basically Microsoft and 343 are aware of Spartans "issues" and are being pretty draconian in their relationship with them.

Good, good, good.

Spartan needs a strong hand guiding them and it seems like they have a lot of things that will be delivered this year, with several models plus the halo war 2 stuff that they teased, so with M$ guiding them if feel more confident in them delivering

Ah that sucks, regardless, they said that the game would run in average for 90 minutes, does this hold true?

I'm not going to get the chance to play it until next Sunday but it does seem like it'd play quickly.

It kills any interest into a game when you're not even sure if it gonna live long enough for it to build a player game.

And that's with regular Spartan fuckery, where a popular system will often go without any update or even announcement for half a year (or more). I mean, updating rules isn't particularly hard and would actually be very weclome, yet the beta test focus groups have nothing to talk about most of the time.

And that's the big stuff. Their handling of the smaller system is fucked up. The two factions introduced in Dystopian Legions' 2nd Edition starter boxes weren't even playable until more minis come out... eight fucking months after the initial release. Needless to say, Dystopian Legion V2 is a stillborn game.

This is very much true, regular updates and releases are vital to keep new people coming in which in turn actually grows the player base , and keeps the old people in

Do we know when Jackals and/or/if Autumn marines will drop? Don't even care if the game is crap, just want those two

Jackal are only waiting for approval before mass production, ODST don't have a set time, we only know that they are coming.

Honestly love the painting and basing on these, I can't wait to get a boxed set or three.

Here is demo of a turn only, five minutes:

youtu.be/D6vImS02pBo

And here is a more fully fledged turn:

youtu.be/6Jf0oxUJNi4

I meant full fledged game:

Anyone here able to compare Ground Command and Firestorm Planetfall for me?

I mean there are the 2 videos there if you want to check it out yourself

I'm somewhat familiar with the rules for GC, but I haven't played Planetfall either

I manage to scrounge up this about the rules:

youtu.be/yR5esqBzDt8

Got any more?

Nope the only tease they had in the new book, I imagine we will be have a few more units from Halo wars, here is hoping for stanchion snipers with drone spotter

Holy shit, I didn't realize that it came with the bunkers and scatter terrain until I checked.

>$84
>Two bunkers and scatter terrain
>All the generic stat sheets, dice, and tokens and rulebook
>Two armies including five vehicles

How many points is the 'average' game going to be, if you know? I see that the Starter Set comes with 1250 per side.

Also, goddamnit, that footlong dropship.

>footlong dropship
Just imagine that Scarab. If it keeps the same scale, it'll be almost two feet tall. 20 inches, or so.

Also, guessing that Spirit dropships are planned as well as the Phantoms? Always loved the look of them more than the Phantom, for whatever reason. Also, Insertion pods.

Once Halo wars 2 comes out I'm sure theyll be more

Actually, this is a great question.

What's the average size of an army? We looking at twice the starter set? Quadruple it?

Dumb question maybe, but are we looking at a two-faction game here? Given that we see multiple spartans I doubt the Flood would be a factor timeline-wise, let alone very interesting,
Having played only the first three games and ODST I have no idea about the newer stuff apart from the fact that Veeky Forums told me about the new lore being dumb.

Also, given what happened to Firestorm Armada, I don't think I yet ready to forgive Spartan Games.

It seems like the final size will be 3000.

They also trying to aim for 350 to 400 BP apparently. There wasn't any talk about spirit drop ships( I imagine they will eventually come), but they did say that, that eventually they are going to release different pieces so that you can change the Phantom to other versions like the Halo combat evolve one, or the Phantom gunship.

Yeah apparently, there is a lot of value for it

Any chance there will be a pure ODST faction?

The ODST are coming at some undisclosed time, but they were already being tested before the game came out.

I imagine that a whole ODST army will be possible since they are planning to make a Lekgolo army for the covenant.

Well shit, at least I know I can hold onto the human side.

I might end up sharing the starter box with a friend but knowing him, he'll probably demand the Covies for himself. With the ODST coming in I might have a reason to keep the Human faction.

Oh, fuck yeah. This sounds like the coolest shit. I've always thought the Lore for Halo would have made it a better tabletop game than a vidya.

Well now you can enjoy it as a tabletop.

They teased more types of grunts, whole elite armies, whole lekgolo armies

I mean if you plan to make an ODST army then it might pay to stick to the human army, just give him he pitch.

They had a 3mm weird war 2 game on display with full rules and models at Salute this year. I'm like "This looks great, and I applaud any post-45 WW2 alt-history game that manages to resist the urge to give Nazi's werewolves and zombies, but come on guys."

It was right there next to the Ground Command demo table.

So under the assumption that I don't want to paint my Zealots in that hideous maroon color and want them in the fabulous gold color they used to be in, what paints would I need?

Gold paint I'd presume

Acquire a can of gold spray paint.

Point it at your minis.

Press down of the top.

Repeat.

Now you have golden minis.

You are most welcome my friend.

They'd look like CEA Zealots at that point. You should see if you can swap Minor minis with someone and paint them gold instead, that way you can fill out your ranks with the Halo 1/2/3 Elites.

Or you could wait until they release Elite armies, tho I do admit this is SG we are talking about.