General larp thread

on the account that we seriously lack a general larp thread here is one.

Questions, stories, pictures. Lots of pictures

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q7QMMFsvjPY
youtube.com/watch?v=-aZt4JjgXxc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So, perhaps it's not exactly larp but it's kinda connected to both it an Veeky Forums

Does anyone on Veeky Forums play jugger? I've been here for few years and newer saw a single discussion about it. It's strange, because it's a great sport, and loved by both most of the nerds and basement neets that inhabit this site and actual sportfags, if you actually persuade them to try it.

Forgot to add a pic

also here is a drone video from Drachenfest at the final battle
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7QMMFsvjPY

and a closer one about the Landsknecht in the final battle
youtube.com/watch?v=-aZt4JjgXxc

never heard of it but on DF we played Steckenkrieg which is allegedly a version of an italian game whit one stick, and a lot of wrestling between two teams.
And all around fights between the spectators/fans

Well, it's not too well known in general, but it's often played on convents and places like that, so from my experience big part of people with Veeky Forums related interests at least barely knows what it is. There also some leagues, tournaments and teams here and there, myself being a part of one. From what I know it's most commonly played, in USA, Australia, Germany, Poland, and Scandinavian countries. I know of a Czech league also.

I'm not going to delve into explaining rules here(which aren't to complicated, but still), but graphically explain what it is about it's kind of like rugby with melee weapons. It's based on a post-apo movie from the 80s. Tons of fun, and that's coming from a person who generally dislikes team sports.

well, that mostly explains why I never heard of it.
Anyway I can understand why would it fun after looking it up on google

Did You go to the OldTown LARP?

sadly, no. I went to Drachenfest, I don't really have the budget to go to any other big larps in other countries, just a few smaller ones in the neighborhooding region, and the local ones. Also not enough free time.

But I had an awesome time at Drachenfest in the Landsknecht camp

Looks Great!

I prefer post-apo, though
I haven't been to OT either, since autismo gives me aversion to mass events
sadly i hardly ever see post-apo threads on Veeky Forums

well, there is also FATE as a big postapoc larp in germany you might be interested in that.

Is that wood?

nope. Plastic all the way. But it looks good. There was one vendor who were selling that stuff and some similar items