Chaos Space Marine Warband Creation

ALRIGHT LOUTS! There's too many loyalist scum willingly enslaving themselves to their Carrion Lord. We need some Chaos up in this VoxChan- somebody roll a 1d10 to get this shitshow started.

Other urls found in this thread:

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/282304-chapter-generator/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Rolled 1 (1d10)

A lot of these threads around recently, how strange.

Rolled 10 (1d10)

Fuck. How do we want to go about this, choose, flip a coin, mean it, or go with the first?

Roll a d2

Rolled 1 (1d2)

Right, Renegade Chapter. Now somebody roll a 1d100.

Rolled 40 (1d100)

The previously loyal Chapter tired to fight heresy with heresy until the Inquisition found out. They should have been sneakier.

Roll a 1d100 for primogenitor.

Rolled 99 (1d100)

Salamanders get!

Shit dude Salamanders

PSYKER

WE'VE GOT A PSYKER OVER HERE!

Paternity test is in and it's Vulkan. Now roll a 1d10 for beliefs.

Rolled 8 (1d10)

10 get!

Rolled 10 (1d10)

Same result. Warband is as fanatical as the Word Bearers.

Now roll a 1d12.

Rolled 6 (1d12)

12 get!!!

gross not nurgle

Well that's not very Salamander-y.

Anybody want to roll again for Khorne?

No let's keep Nurlge.
I'm just going to say this: Toxic flames!

Nurgle it is. Roll 1d100 for how beliefs manifest.

Rolled 82 (1d100)

Accept any and All. Any variety of scum can be found in service to the Warband, from Xenos to Beastmen.

Roll 1d10 for demeanor.

Rolled 7 (1d10)

I'm going to say roll again because the result was the same- extra heresy, we work with xenos. But we already accept anybody. Roll another 1d10

Rolled 10 (1d10)

FOR THE DARK GODS

The Warband loves Chaos and wholly dedicates itself to Chaos. Everything they do is in Nurgle's name.

Roll 1d10 for mutations.

Rolled 9 (1d10)

10 get!

Close, but no cigar. But the Warband has mutated to have breath weapons. They spew poison/bile.

Roll 1d10 for mental flaws.

Rolled 9 (1d10)

SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK

The Warband completely disregards revolting things like logical thought.

Roll 1d100 for figure of legend.

Rolled 25 (1d100)

Hopefully I roll something this time

The figure of legend is the Warband leader, either a Chaos Lord or Daemon Prince.

Roll 1d100 for deeds

Rolled 45 (1d100)

The Chaos Lord/Prince killed an Imperial Hero, anything from a Chapter Master to Canoness.

Roll 1d100 for Warband homeworld.

Rolled 35 (1d100)

Well if nobody else is gonna do it..

Agri World, the Warband calls a nice planet with rolling fields and lush gardens where horrible plagues of doom are farmed, home.

Now will somebody please roll a 1d100?

Rolled 8 (1d100)

Ooga Booga. The terrain of the homeworld is a jungle.

Now roll 1d10 for combat doctrine.

Rolled 10 (1d10)

NURGLE AKBUR

The Warband specializes in terrorism, they feast upon the fear of the enemy and drive them mad through underhanded, brutal tactics meant to sow fear.

Roll 1d100 for special equipment.

Rolled 7 (1d10)

Rolled 52 (1d100)

Whoops, wrong type of die

"Preferred Fighting Style "
Not sure what that means. I guess the Warband uses IED's or some shit?

1d10 for warband's status.

Oh, in that case the Warband makes use of stolen technology. Taken from an unknown source to be decided later.

Still roll a 1d10.

Rolled 6 (1d10)

Typical strength. The Warband's somewhere in the ballpark of a thousand Chaos Space Marines.

Roll 1d100 for allies.

Rolled 9 (1d100)

I guess I'm rolling then.

Maybe we can be the Dark Rider's enemies?

The Warband is allied with an Imperial world of waning loyalty. Now is somebody gonna roll a 1d100 for enemies?

That could work.

Rolled 100 (1d100)

>Rolled 100 (1d100)
HA

Alright so the Warband rolling is finished, if the Dark Rider's creators allow it, we'll be their enemies and vice versa. Now on to the summary.

summarize away, I guess

The Warband is a Renegade Chapter of Salamander's descent, the Chapter fell from grace due to using heretical practices to fight Chaos- fighting fire with fire. When it comes to beliefs, the Warband are fanatical cultists of Nurgle, who accept any and all into service of their Warband in Nurgle's name, who they seek to please with every action, and every action is executed in the name of the Plague-God. So the Warband possess a large army of cultist and scum, made up of everything from nurgle tainted beastmen to xenos.

Nurgle has blessed the Astartes of the Warband with breath weapons, giving them the ability to spew bile/poison from their maws, however this came at the cost of the Warband's sanity. For they have completely abandoned any sort of logic, making them unpredictable and incredibly dangerous.

The figure of legend for the warband is its Chaos Lord, who has possibly ascended as a Daemon Prince. His great deed of legend was casting down a hero of the Imperium- likely the Inquisitor-Lord who excommunicated the Warband in the first place.

The Warband hails from a jungle agri-world, given its chaos taint it's likely some plague infested hellscape farming a garden of little horrors. Tactically the Warband uses terrorism, sowing fear throughout the enemy's host to break them up and rout them, or just scaring the shit out of defenseless civilians.

The Warband makes use of unknown stolen technology for special weapons, and when it comes to strength the Warband currently numbers at an average 1,000 or so Chaos Space Marines. The Warband is also allied with an Imperial world of wavering loyalty, causes unknown.

>Sanity at the cost of breath weapon

W-what if the Betcher's Gland has swollen to store the breath weapon, but the swelling has put pressure on their brains?

It's chaos, I don't got to explain shit.

although that is a good idea

Alright, which of the four do you guys like the most?

Good digits, good colors

Dark riders here OP here, I'm cool with it if you are.

we could have additional enemies, you know.

roll up the xeno table and let's see who else is on our shit list.

If someone wants to spit out a short scenario, I'll try writing something up.

Wait...what the hell is their name? The Dark Riders can't slay dragons with no name

Does there exist an auto-summarizer as well?

Like, just make strings which can use the information you rolled on in a smart manner, so you can procedurally generate a chapter summary.

Well to start there's the origin. IMO it should be.

>Loyalist Chapter finds heretical tome, starts binding daemons they fight to chapter serfs to use them against chaos, slowly building up a small armory of daemon-hosts
>Stories spread of Chapter allying itself with daemons
>Inquisitor investigates, demands Chapter Master explain
>Chapter master says they're fine, the daemons are safely bound and can't do anything.
>Inquisitor is somewhat satisfied, leaves but puts a spy into the Chapter's Keep.
>Spy keeps sending reports, notices corruption starting to spread, strange fungal growths on the walls.
>All the planets the Chapter has recently liberated/defended start reporting outbreaks of zombies before suddenly going dark
>The spy abruptly stops sending his reports
>Inquisitor heads back to homeworld, finds it an infested jungle hellscape
>Busts into fortress, discovers the Chapter has gone mad, worshiping one of the daemon hosts, experimenting on their serfs by injecting plagues cooked up by the apothecaries into them, then unleashed the successful ones on the civilians. The survivors were either eaten or gassed.
>Inquisitor starts fighting the Chapter, his Inquisitorial levy army of guardsmen and stormtroopers however is no match, they get cut down by the entire chapter.
>Inquisitor is the only one left alive, the insane Chapter Master starts a monologue about one of the daemon hosts wasn't actually bound, the daemon came to him and offered him power beyond his dreams so long as he provided the daemon with a steady supply of hosts to maintain its existence within the materium.
>The Chapter is all out of psykers, they've taken every single psyker on their homeworld to host the daemon within their body, and he's burned them all out and needs a host.
>The Inquisitor is a psyker.
>Inquisitor is dragged away screaming by the corrupted marines in the dungeons of their fortress, the last thing he sees is a smiling apothecary with a syringe.

Maybe the Dark Riders fed them the tome. They don't really seem like ones for steady alliances

Well, we could say that the two chapters had exchanged gifts between themselves.

It's just that, at one point, something particularly forbidden also got transferred through as well, like that tome.

Maybe the Dark Riders are secretly traitors who seem like they're working for the Imperium? Maybe it was actually a mix up.

but the tome itself does provide some clues to the origins of the Dark Riders chapter.

Also for names I propose

The Decayed
Serpents of Decay
Malaised Wyms
Wyrms of Malaise
The Malaised
Apocalypse Wyrms
Bubonic Wyrms

Oh fuck, that could explain why they are hunting the Marines. They want their god damned book back, and know who their daddy is.

>Serpents of Decay
yes

Serpents of Decay it is.

Doom Dragons
Wyrms of Rot
Rot Wyrms
Fangs of Ürlien
Chimeras of Corruption
Allslayers
Heralds of Omnicide
Scales of Slaughter
The Wyverns

>Rot Wyrms
I LOVE IT

Now let's decide on aesthetics.

>1 What do they look like under their armor
>2 What does their armor look like.

IMO for 1, they shouldn't be dark skinned unless their planet has high radiation like nocturne, which is what activates the coal skin mutation. Although they should still have an almost scale-like appearance on their skin or cracked, maybe even growing horns like the Black Dragons.

For 2, IMO all their armor should have horned helms to fit their persona as dragons. Dragons need horns.

their skin could look like it's covered in poxes.
and super leprosy.

various shades of black and purple and blue unevenly spread across their bodies.

Nonononono

Scales of scabs

The one guy talked about having a swollen gland in their Betcher's Gland, giving them larger store of putrid, toxic acid to spit. I think that's a good idea, having their necks bulge and having slightly corroded lower jaws.

Horns are too easy, no horns. Give them Horned toad skin

That sounds good. Also what if they all grow horns, and the size of their horns is a measure of their age, like tree rings? The older and mightier the warrior, the bigger and more horns he has.

I mean real horns, not normal CSM helmet horns.

Like this guy, he's just wearing a mask over his mouth, everything else is his head.

This guy has it right
Horns are a little too obvious. Disgusting Killer Croc skin and stuff like this and distended animal maws works fine.

I could see the higher ups having antlers, not all mutations have to fit the theme

So something like this?

Also I think helmets like these in the far upper right corner would be fitting for the Warband. Daemon-faced draconic helms.

bumpin

Don't mind me, just derailing the thread

bumpin

Cool, what program is this. I've been trying to find it, and I didn't know they added Chaos to it

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/282304-chapter-generator/

Thank you kindly

Now, what should be the fluff on the Chaos Lord of the Rot Wyrms? His name? His personality and the drive that fuels the Warband on what end goal? And what mythology should we draw from for lore?

Personally I'd lean for a more nordic route opposed to the Greek culture of the Salamanders (Promethean Cult). Chaos Lord Jormungandr or something of the likes.

Anybody?

Bumping for Nurgle

Chaos Lord Morgrim Felheart. Nordic route could work. Maybe they worship an entire pantheon of different aspect of Nurgle.

With the Plaguefather Nurgle taking the place of Odin, obviously.

Would they know about Isha? Because if so, she could be their Frigg.

>Nurgle version of Valhalla

Maybe give them some weird death ritual. Like Vikings used to believe you had to die with a sword in hand, perhaps they believe they have to die under certain circumstances to earn their place in Nurgle's garden.

After harvesting the fallen brother's gene-seed, they liquefy their corpse and scatter it on the soil of a still-loyal Imperial world, knowing that only in such a way will their soul go on to fertilize Nurgle's garden, like their body now fertilizes the soil of an uncorrupt world to further Nurgle's designs.

They have warheads full of liquefied fallen marines, that is almost always their opening salvo in an orbital bombardment.