Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Soon™ Edition
Personality traits and Rainmeter Sub-Edition
Having Medusa problems? Just bring Horus. In the last thread Anons talked about recommended BL books, one guy wanted to know if Indominatus was around in 30k, a SA user and an ECfag got advice, KnightAnon seems to be improving, and we discussed the looks of Ferrus plus much more Red Books Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Age of Darkness Army List: mediafire.com/download/f0c2pnieoijyrqk/Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness Army List.pdf
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OuSSXOQ-1bI
youtube.com/watch?v=U-EQJA8Ahac
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Word Bearers are for

No. Don't tempt me. I'm too biased against them to say almost anything positive.

Same.
Have faith, Word bearers.

>Even in 40k clothes, other than armour, existed.
So you want the Primarchs to be waging war in tuxedos?
>Could have had more, like in
There's a thing called too much, user.

3rd for the 3rd worst legion

Too late.
REMOVE WORD BEARER remove word bearer
you are worse legion. you are the heretical idiot you are the heretic smell. return to calth. return to our calth cousins you may return to our world. you may live in our line of fire….ahahahaha, colchis we will never forgive you heretical word bears frak but frak you treacherous word bearer colchis is next...word bearer genocide best day of my life. take a bath dead word bearer..ahahahahahCOLCHIS WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget monarchia. lorgar we razed your perfect city, lorgar return your precious eye of terror….hahahahaha idiot word bearer and colchisian smell so bad..wow i can smell it.
REMOVE WORD BEARER FROM THE PREMISES! you will get purged. blood angels+dark angels+space wolves+ultramarines=kill colchis...you will monarchia/ guilliman alive in ultramar, guilliman making codex of ultramar. codex astartes guilliman ultramar. we are honorable and the greatest of them all them now because of guilliman...you are heretical stink word bearer...you live in a warp rift hahahaha, you live in eye of terror

>EC haters
>Post the thumbnail and can't count to three
Sounds about right

True enough, user. The army must become more than the mere sum of its parts, using proper support.

Perturabo deepstriking with his Tyrants could destroy two vehicle units: He uses his Cognis to give the whole unit +1BS, the Tyrants shoot at the lighter vehicles (Vindicators) while Perty uses the Tyrant's sgt's Omniscope to shoot his orbital bombardment onto another unit, at TL BS7 S9 Ordnance

After you killed all your enemies, what is there left to fear? :^)

>So you want the Primarchs to be waging war in tuxedos?

What's the point of having armour if it doesn't do anything?

>There's a thing called too much, user.

Didn't say exactly like the pic, just that right now he doesn't have ANY tubes. Like I said, he looks like a cosplayer who jumped into some foam armour pants, put on the foam armour torso and backpack, and spray painted his arms silver.

>After you killed all your enemies, what is there left to fear? :^)
Everyone attributing your actions to a nameless comrade in arms.

While most would agree with your point, I urge you to reconsider the intensity.
This is what happens when you don't check your While()'s and you get stuck in a loop.

>After you killed all your enemies, what is there left to fear?

>Nameless comrade in arms.

>What's the point of having armour if it doesn't do anything?
Looking cool?
>Didn't say exactly like the pic, just that right now he doesn't have ANY tubes. Like I said, he looks like a cosplayer who jumped into some foam armour pants, put on the foam armour torso and backpack, and spray painted his arms silver.
Maybe he doesn't need the tubes?
>I urge you to reconsider the intensity.
>mfw

>checking out all the cool primarch miniatures on FW
>your legion's primarch is a tired old bald man in power armor

Just end my suffering now...

>Looking cool?

Well, he sure failed at that.

>Maybe he doesn't need the tubes?

And that's why he doesn't look cool.

>>What's the point of having armour if it doesn't do anything?
>Looking cool?
Hell yes
>Zhis Barbaran plate, it does nothing!

>>I urge you to reconsider the intensity.
As in, you must never go full Bitter, comrade

Have faith, Word Bearer. It'll end eventually.
I didn't know I was talking too a cogboy.

They may have the old-manlet Primarch, but the WBs have some nice minis. You lose some, you gain some, the whole galaxy goes to hell...

How many of the Primarchs had never been to Terra until the siege? Did Alpharius ever even reach it?

>>Zhis Barbaran plate, it does nothing!
Alright, I laughed.
>As in, you must never go full Bitter, comrade
Oh this isn't bitterness. This is something much purer. A dead Word Bearer a day is a little justice to make up for the ruined dream of a unified humanity. youtube.com/watch?v=OuSSXOQ-1bI

Emps did spend some time with Alpharius before the Heresy. Turns out Emps wished he could have spent more time with Alphie, and was disappointed with Genevieve the most.

>Turns out Emps wished he could have spent even LESS time with Angron, and was disappointed with him the most.
You know this to be true.
I was going to say Omegon never left Terra, but this account is a lie

>think tubes are an important aesthetic aspect of the setting
>that makes you a cogboy

Tubes lose as a defining feature only to skulls and rivets.

Its one of the best models imo, there's a moment in First Heretic where Lorgar just looks at the destruction on Istvaan and basically says that this isnt what he wanted and the model itself encompasses exactly that, a Lorgar that has sought for something and given something else entirely and is just tired of the Chaos gods and their monkey paw bullshit.

Tubes are just a sign of how angry someone is in 40k. Look at Perturabo. Typhon? Mildly annoyed. Ferrus? Name one time Ferrus has been enraged at something other than Fulgrim.

Why does Ferrus have Vulkan's lips?

Swollen lips. He's allergic to Fulgrim being more of a flowerpot than normal.

Thoughts about my 2000pts Iron Wing?

Ideas:
- Cover the center board with the Heavy Squad from a ruin and harden them against enemy fire and templates (armour+Apothecary). Use Stasis shells to fuck up enemy WS. Pew pew the enemy with the free Rhino and give him another target.
- Support the Heavy Squad with crossfire from the Medusas and deal with stuff hiding beyond line of sight
- Let the Tactical Squads hold some points/protect my stuff and destroy other Marines in close combat (additional blades)
- Send the Terminators against bigger targets in close combat, let the LR take the first hits to protect my Heavy/Artillery units
- Let the HQ + Apothecary + Support Squad wait in reserve, then come in to deal with stuff that survived the templates with WS5 + Twin Linked Plasma + FNP and have some extra crunchy Orbital Bombardment.

---
Master of Signal
Tactical Support Squad (8 dudes, Plasma Repeaters, Rhino)
Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour]

2x Tactical Squad, additional Combat Blade, Rhino
2x Legion Tactical Sergeants, Calibanite War Blade, Melta Bombs

Cataphractii Terminator, Combi-bolter, 3 Power Fist, 1 Chain Fist, 1 Reaper Autocannon, Land Raider Phobos
Terminator Sergeant [Calibanite War Blade]

2x Legion Medusa

Heavy Support Squad, 5 dudes [Flak Missiles, Hardened Armour, Missile Launchers, Stasis Shells] + Rhino
Legion Apothecary
---

How viable are Questoris Knights as a Legion LoW? Strengths? Weaknesses?

You need a master of the legion.

Sure, its Knights so its the same value as Knights in 40k, they are cheap and relatively durable with good killy potential that also have obvious weaknesses.

>thinking I'm an UMfag
Humorous.

Can an all terminator army work in HH? I want to go all Space Hulk on a mother fucker.

Just how many termies are we talking about here?

Maybe, give them transports like a Gorgon or Dreadclaw and definitely an apothecary.

yes

>you will monarchia/ guilliman alive in ultramar, guilliman making codex of ultramar. codex astartes guilliman ultramar. we are honorable and the greatest of them all them now because of guilliman
You do sound like an UMfag, though

>hahahahaha idiot word bearer and colchisian smell so bad..wow i can smell it.
But this sounds like poo in the loo/designated shitting street. So, maybe RGfag?

>Can an all terminator army work in HH? I want to go all Space Hulk on a mother fucker.
Death Guard do nicely in ZM.
On open field, you'd want transports.

Here, have my termi list, see how you like it.

"Dude, Where's My Deathshroud?"

2.5k LOYALIST Death Guard Pride of the Legion list.

-HQ
Praetor, 100
+Tartaros Armor, 35
+Master-Crafted Deathshroud Manreaper, 25
+Digital Lasers, 15
+Iron Halo, 10
+Grenade Harness, 10
Total, 190

-Troops
5xDeathshroud Terminator Squad, 90 (450)
+8 Deathshroud, 320 (1,600)
Total, 410 (2,075)

-Heavy Support
Grave Warden Terminator Squad, 200

Complete total, 2,465

Your list is really badly formatted but you have no MotL and it looks like you have too many units compared to the number of tank units you have.u

I made that up to go with the picture. I had too much free time, not a fan of WBs to begin and I love the Serbia Strong video.
>But this sounds like poo in the loo/designated shitting street. So, maybe RGfag?
Try BA/DAfag, poison huffer.

Against any legion with decent ranged AT they'll go down fast. Not the most efficient LoW choice that's for sure.

>LOYALIST
Nice all caps to smugly point it out, special snowflake faggot.

Anyone have the Age of Darkness Legions epub? The book with the legion special units. Thanks!

Literally in the OP

You're welcome user. I had to make sure everyone understood that I stole ALL the Deathshroud. And some of the Grave Wardens.

>epub

I don't think you know what 'literally' means.

First of all if "Age of Darkness Army List: mediafire.com/download/f0c2pnieoijyrqk/Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness Army List.pdf"

is what you're referring to, that's not the Legion specific book. Also is looking for the epub, not PDF.

>mfw Typhon would wreck this shit so hard.

There will be nothing left to bury.

>Praetor, 100
>+Tartaros Armor, 35
>+Master-Crafted Deathshroud Manreaper, 25
>+Digital Lasers, 15
>+Iron Halo, 10
>+Grenade Harness, 10
>Total, 190
Looks like a Typhon that gives up Chem bombardment, rad grenades and Telepathy for Sweep advance (at -1 because DG rules) and +1A.
Not to mention a regular Paragon blade would do a similar job.

Also, your longest ranged attack are the Wardens' krak grenades, and nothing on that list can kill AV14.

>Serbia Strong video
This one?
youtube.com/watch?v=U-EQJA8Ahac
>Try BA/DAfag, poison huffer.
That poison cup needs more bitter iron.

But anons, MY Typhon doesn't have witch powers! Therefore he's more DG-like than the real Typhon!

Yeah. I still don't know if he's good at playing the accordion.
>That poison cup needs more bitter iron.
Why not make the cup out of the iron?

>that filename
I knew I'd get the chance to post this one
It's curious how none of those units are faction-specific.
>Why not make the cup out of the iron?
Of course.

ok, new list. I had to remove some extras to fit in a Damocles + Delegatus.
The Heavy Squad will deploy with the Damocles instead of an own DT now.

++ Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List (Age of Darkness) (2000pts) ++
+ HQ (165pts) +
Damocles Command Rhino (100pts)

Legion Centurion (65pts) [Power Armour]
··Consul
····Delegatus
······Rite of Command
········Master of the Legion [Ironwing Protocol]

+ Troops (735pts) +
Legion Tactical Squad (180pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade]
··Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier [The Dust of Untold Worlds]
··Legion Tactical Sergeant [Power Armour]

Legion Tactical Squad (180pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade]
··Legion Tactical Sergeant [Power Armour]

Legion Tactical Support Squad (375pts) [8x Legion Space Marines, Plasma Repeaters]
··Legion Sergeant [Power Armour]

+ Elites (530pts) +
Apothecarion Detachment (100pts)
··Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour]
··Legion Apothecary

Legion Terminator Squad (430pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Chainfist, Heavy Flamer, 4x Legion Terminators, 2x Power Fist]
··Legion Land Raider Phobos [The Dust of Untold Worlds]
··Legion Terminator Sergeant [Calibanite War Blade]

+ Heavy Support (570pts) +
Legion Artillery Tank Squadron (310pts) [Legion Medusa, Legion Medusa, The Dust of Untold Worlds]

Legion Heavy Support Squad (260pts) [Flak Missiles, Hardened Armour, 4x Legion Space Marines, Missile Launchers, Stasis Shells]
··Legion Sergeant [Power Armour]

>It's curious how none of those units are faction-specific.
Well, I couldn't steal them if they were!

>I knew I'd get the chance to post this one
Looking back to my childhood, GSS gave me homicidal urges towards the moon, and when based Scananon showed us Autek's exploits those urges were reawakened.

>Rask, have you looked at our bodyguards recently?
>Our bodyguards? The Death Guard's Deathshroud?
>Their name has "Death" on it, and they wield weapons that melt people's faces off
>I..I don't-
>Rask...are we the baddies?

Cerberus is no longer available from FW...

>GSS
Google site search?

Need one more tank to cancel things out. Everything has a dt except the Delegatus the heavy squad and the apothecaries, you only have two tank units, the damocles and the medusas.

Giant Stone Solider.

Probably retooling the model or repackaging from baggies into boxes.

Can you use a cognis and a bombardment in the same turn? Both are "In lieu of a shooting attack"

Looks like that was the intention, as the Precision Bombardment "does not count as him firing a weapon".

Unless an faq has changed things his bombardment attack isn't in lieu

So, we were having fun with our local group until my cousin decided to join us. Like every Taufag in the universe, he's thinking about bringing Riptides and Stormsurges. As an IM player, is there anything O can bring to quell this bullshit or do I need knight Titans?

Just don't play with him. That's literally it.

Yes, that's why Perty's rules specifically state using his OB doesn't count as firing a weapon.

The bombardment isn't "in lieu of..." You can use his bombardment and still shoot his wrist cannons/use C-S if you want.

You pull up a chair for him and have him sit in it while you play with your group.

Just tell him HH isn't designed to be played with 40k. Especially Taufags.

Damn, I thought the Apothecaries count as part of the unit they are permanently attached to. Guess I have to dump them then.

Other than that the Delegatus deploys with the Support Squad [and the first Apothecary] (10 dudes), while the Heavy Squad deploys [with the second Apothecary] in the Damocles which can take 6 dudes.
Units don't need a DT for Ironwing, but >= 50% of all units must be tanks and all infantry units must deploy in a tank, which would be satisfied.

I was thinking about going Blood Angel Terminators, going with a couple squads of Cataphractii and Indominus backed up with dreadnaughts.

Wrong general, m8. Either bring a peace offering in the form of a roast you cooked, or bring out a bigger boot. Plan C is of course talk him out of it.

Sounds like it could work in theory.

Huh, I know a MoS bombardment in instead of firing a weapon. I guess I just assumed the Lord of Iron would be the same.
Sic the bearversor on him.

30 drop podding Myrmidon Destructors with Graviton Impalers.

>Units don't need a DT for Ironwing, but >= 50% of all units must be tanks and all infantry units must deploy in a tank, which would be satisfied
But you still need more tanks than none tanks. DTs effectively cancel out that unit.

Yeah, the MoS bombardment is most likely not designed to be able to be used at the same time with a CS.

Are assassins in 30k?

Not in the table top game

I want to run the Leviathan FOC and bring 3 Warlord Titans.

What do you boys think is Maloghurst's final fate? I think Abby probably mangles him to prove who's more into Chaos, or dies during the Siege. Why was he so hard to get along with by marine standards, and why was he disliked by his own brothers?
Son, that can lead you down a very dark path. Unless you're playing against someone with no decency.

Mal probably gets curb stomped during the Siege of Terra either on the ground or during the fight on the Vengeful Spirit.

What are the best kits to purchase starting Iron Hands?

My minimum expectations are at least one Iron Hands related Pauldron for each model, phobos bolters with mixed MKII bits.

I live in the rural south, so no LGS. After years, I got my friends into 40k; but I really, really liked the idea of doing a Survivors+feral warriors Militia army. So we've been playing and having fun. My cousin decided to join us with his Tau and doesn't quite seem to understand the concept of sportsmanship.

Regardless, I have talken him out of Riptides for the moment. He's loading up on Railsides

Just buy the specific Iron Hands MkIII kit. Anything less is unacceptable for the Iron Hands.

Mate, just buy the Iron Hands MkIII tac squad. It's ridiculously cheap for what it comes with and makes me feel bitter.

Is the MkIII kit better than purchasing the Medusan Immortal kit?

Do you plan on running Medusan Immortals? If you don't then you're wasting the shield arms/shields.

Mate the Medusan Immortal kit is their special unit, the MkIII kit is just regular tacs that come with free stuff amd IH decorations.

I can see that happening, but Abby probably has a hand in his death.
>My cousin decided to join us with his Tau and doesn't quite seem to understand the concept of sportsmanship.
Sounds pretty normal for a Taufag.
>Regardless, I have talken him out of Riptides for the moment.
Did you promise him a roast, mauling from the Bearversor, or Titans all over the place?

My recommendation for someone just starting out in 30k is build a 1000 ZM force. So if you go that route, sure Medusan Immortals are good choice. But the IH MkIII tacticals will be useful in ZM and regular AoD games as well.

I'm hoping a Primarch literally torques Mal in half with their barehands and makes some lame joke about how now he's 'truly twisted.'

>lame joke
I think he probably had to deal with that the moment he got out of surgery.

I have 22 MkII Despoiler models
approximately 22 Phobos Bolters
30 MkII Iron Warriors Torsos
and 40 MkII World Eaters Helmets.

I need to bulk up on kits that include additional arms/legs alongside with Iron Hands stuff.

Would the MkIII Iron Hands kits have the most bang for its buck?