Dragonball Quest #79

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a nineteen year old man named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

23rd World Martial Arts Tournament

>>youtube.com/watch?v=K8JwUGR9Sok

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10993352
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

finally!

Hells yeah!

Time for Piccolo vs Goku

As you watch the battle, you let out a whistle. Under your breath, you mutter; "Damn, I might have trouble beating Goku."

Out loud, you say; "This isn't over yet."

The two warriors charge at one another again, meeting each other in the middle of the ring with enough force to send out shockwaves that knock a few members of the audience over.

Piccolo tries his eye beams again, and Goku quickly slides out of the way, only to take an uppercut to the jaw that throws him back. As Goku slides backward across the ring, Piccolo reaches forward, his arm extending to grab the disoriented fighter.

Recovering just in time, Goku instead grabs Piccolo, seizing the demon by the wrist and spinning. Piccolo lets out a surprised yell as he's pulled off his feet, and subsequently spun through the air as Goku repeatedly spins in circles.

Finally, Goku lets go, and Piccolo is sent sailing from the ring, vanishing somewhere in the distance.

The announcer pulls out a pair of binoculars, looking in the direction in which Piccolo vanished.

"Wow..." Chichi gasps. "That was fast."

>A. Piccolo can, fly, so this isn't over

>B. You're really nervous about fighting Goku now

>C. Something else

strawpoll.me/10993352

>>A. Piccolo can, fly, so this isn't over
Why is there so much surprise about Goku?

>A.
No one has seen him in action and our enemies assume we are the stronger one

>>A. Piccolo can, fly, so this isn't over

We can still beat Goku. We just need to be really clever

Just like everyone else, he get's memed up as well though
I'm predicting a failed roll that will lose us the match

If Goku wins I predict terrible rolls in the beginning a good turn around followed by good rolls and then a failure at a critical point

Oh som you bastard, you are playing to anime logic. The more we worry about one or another, that one tends to accordingly show off why we worry, therefore if we worry about piccolo he is more likely to win and vice versa.

>B. You're really nervous about fighting Goku now
Let's not have piccolo win eh?

"Piccolo can fly," you remind Chichi. "This isn't over."

As if just to prove your point, Piccolo swoops back into the ring, firing lasers from his eyes at Goku once again. Goku jumps into the air to avoid them, and rushes toward Piccolo, who opens his mouth and fires a wave of energy at the approaching fighter.

Goku flies right into it, taking the blast full-force and being knocked into the ring below, hitting the ground with a loud thud.

A lot less cocky in regards to Goku now, Piccolo doesn't assume that the other fighter is down. He holds his palm down toward the fallen Goku, gathering energy and unleashing it in a powerful wave.

Goku rolls out of the way just in time, and the blast strikes the ring, sending shards of tile flying in all directions as it puts yet another hole in the ground.

Goku gets back to his feet, glaring up at Piccolo, who glares right back down at him.

Abandoning his target practice, Piccolo slowly descends, lowering his arm as he lands in the ring across from Goku, never letting his eyes leave his opponent.

"You're much stronger than I gave you credit for," Piccolo admits. "But it won't make any difference. Your kind are nothing compared to me, and I'll prove it to the world today."

"We might surprise you," Goku tells him, dropping into a defensive stance.

Smirking, Piccolo locks his elbows at his side, his body beginning to shudder as a strange glow of light surrounds it.

"What's he doing now?" Chichi asks.

"Nothing good," Krillin answers.

The glow surrounding Piccolo fades away, but the shuddering of his body gets worse, and his muscles begin to bulge. His energy seems to expand, and you wonder if he's holding back like his father did in the beginning of your first battle.

>Continued

But, this quickly proves to be something different, as Piccolo's body grows right before your very eyes. Not just his muscles, but his arms, his legs, his neck, his torso, his head, everything grows larger and larger until a massive Piccolo is standing in the ring, towering over Goku.

"Wow," Goku gasps in amazement. "How did you do that?"

It seems Piccolo's technique isn't perfect, however, as his turban shredded apart during his growth, along with a portion of his shirt.

"From up here, you look like an insect," Piccolo tells Goku. "So small, and so easy to crush."

He raises his foot, seeming intent to describe Goku like a bug, but your friend leaps out of the way, diving and rolling away from the massive creature.

"This is nuts!" Krillin shouts from your side.

"How can anyone beat a monster like that?" Chichi asks. "He's massive!"

"Goku should have a chance," Krillin tells her. "Piccolo's gotten bigger, but bulking up like this should make him slower. As long as Goku can keep ahead of him, he'll have a chance."

But, as Goku speeds across the ring, Krillin's theory is proven wrong, as Piccolo manages to punch Goku from the air and send him slamming to the ground at the edge of the ring.

"Time's up, runt!" Piccolo declares with a laugh, pulling back his foot to kick Goku out of bounds.

When the kick comes, Goku seizes Piccolo's foot, pushing it up and away from his body.

Piccolo roars with fury and shock as he falls, crashing to the ground with his head hanging off the edge of the ring, barely avoiding touching the ground.

Goku picks himself back up, laughing at the fallen demon.

"It's just too bad you weren't a little bigger," he comments. "Otherwise, I'd have been in a lot of trouble."

Piccolo sits up, smirking at your friend. "Is that so?"

Rising back to his feet, Piccolo roars as his body briefly becomes surrounded by the glow once again, growing even larger than before.

"How's this?" he asks Goku.

>Continued

"Perfect," your friend answers, grinning as he launches himself from the floor of the ring, sailing toward Piccolo's face.

"You're an imbec-AAGH!" Piccolo says, ending his insult as Goku flies down his throat.

Piccolo gulps, frowning. "What in the world?"

"Majunior has swallowed Goku!" the announcer shouts in horror. "It seems Goku's out of the match, but Piccolo will be disqualified for...er, ingesting his opponent."

The crowd goes restless, some horrified or confused about what just happened, while others seem to find Majunior's appearance quite familiar.

You even hear the name "King Piccolo" being tossed around a few times.

Suddenly, Piccolo groans in pain, hands coming to his gut as he hunches over. His eyes go wide, and he lets out a low growl before erupting into a violent coughing fit.

Goku comes flying from the demon's mouth, slamming into the floor of the ring and rolling toward the edge before stopping himself.

Relieved cheers fills the air, and Piccolo glares down at your friend, his body shrinking back to its normal size.

"I don't understand," Piccolo tells Goku. "The last time we fought, I was old and near-death, yet you were still no match for me. How could you have gotten so powerful that you can challenge me now?"

"That's easy," Goku tells him. "I've been training with Kami."

Piccolo's eyes widen with horror, and you can see his body begin to tremble with fear.

"No!"

Goku nods. "He trained me and Tofoo so that we could defeat you."

Piccolo continues to tremble, looking upon Goku with naked fear.

"So, even if you beat me, Tofoo had the same training," Goku explains. "So you'll have to deal with him."

Piccolo's eyes lock with yours.

>A. Smile

>B. Tell him he should really give up

>C. Keep watching the match

>D. Something else

>>A. Smile
>>B. Tell him he should really give up

>>A. Smile
Oh boy, did Piccolo not get memed up?
What a twist

A smile

>A. Smile

>A. Smile

>A. Smile

Don't tell him to give up then we would have to fight goku and his large amounts of luck

You smile at Piccolo, and he begins to sweat.

Meanwhile, the audience seems to have put everything together, and you hear many of them loudly voicing their belief that King Piccolo is standing in the ring.

Piccolo closes his eyes, takes a deep breath, and laughs.

"That's right, you sniveling worms!" he declares as loudly as he can. "I am King Piccolo, reincarnated! You thought you were rid of me, but here I stand, reborn, ready to rule this Earth once more!"

Members of the audience scream in terror, most of them beginning to flee as fast as they can, while a few remain frozen in fear.

His confidence restored, Piccolo turns back to Goku. "It doesn't matter what that old fool taught you. I'm more powerful than he ever was."

Stepping forward, he gives Goku a knowing smirk. "And if he did train you, then you know what will happen to him if I die."

"That's right," Goku answers.

The demon chuckles darkly. "Then you won't kill me. You wouldn't let Kami die."

Goku frowns.

"I'm right, aren't I?" Piccolo asks, stepping closer. "You can't bring yourself to kill the old fool, but I can certainly bring myself to kill you."

Piccolo gives a sickening grin, holding his hands toward Goku as his body becomes surrounded by another glowing light.

"I'll kill you, Tofoo, and everyone on this island!" Piccolo declares loudly. "Humanity, and Kami will all learn that I am invincible!"

Goku frantically looks around. "EVERYONE, GET OUT OF HERE! GET AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN!"

"They won't make it in time!" Piccolo promises, bringing his arms in and crossing them over his chest. "They're all going to die with you!"

>A. Tell Goku to stop him from using his attack

>B. Get the others and run as fast as you can

>C. Tell Goku to kill Piccolo

>D. Tell Goku not to worry about killing Kami; you can just wish him back with the Dragonballs

>E. Something else

>>E. Something else
Step in and help Goku
Also, lying to Goku with option D, really SOM?

>>E. Something else
Well. I think this qualifies as the tournament abruptly ending.

DC to rush piccolo and stop his attack?

E tell piccolo that we're not scared to kill him and that all of his threats are hollow and deep down he's just a scared child. Try to intimidate him

>B.
Goku can hold him off for now but we need to get everyone to safety.
Also his saiyan pride which he doesn't know exists would not want us to interfere. We are gonna do it anyway but not right now. Save people.

>E. Rush at piccolo

Welp tournament ruined again i guess Krillin wins
>E.Go in and blind side Piccolo

We don't know about the dragonballs disappearing if Kami dies, just that Kami can't kill himself.

It's not a lie if you don't know any different

My bad, it's easy to get the in character knowledge and meta knowledge mixed up

>Rush in and blindside Piccolo to stop his attack

ROLL

Rolled 89 (1d100)

Rolling

Rolled 8 (1d100)

for bulma!

The dice have abandoned you're love for worst girl

Rolled 61 (1d100)

your*

Rolled 52 (1d100)

No. You're wrong, I still believe in her

But they have sized 18 way more

Hm. I'm usually good about not making that mistake

The dice are 18fags

This has officially gone too far.

Piccolo has declared that he's going to kill his opponent, along with everyone else on this island. For all intents and purposes, he's just disqualified himself.

The terrified crowd runs as fast as they possible can, but they won't make it in time. Piccolo will kill them all unless you or Goku do something.

Your friends in the audience, who haven't retreated, stand their ground. Still, they look terrified, and if Piccolo isn't stopped, they will die.

You won't let that happen.

With a yell, you charge into the ring, kicking Piccolo in the side of the head and sending him flying out of bounds. He continues off out of sight, crashing somewhere in the distance.

"Tofoo, what are you doing?!" Goku asks angrily, turning on you. "I can't win the tournament if you interfere!"

>A. Forget the tournament!

>B. Piccolo is disqualified for attempting to kill everyone

>C. Ask the announcer what he thinks

>D. Chase after Piccolo

>E. Something else

you are waifu a shit

Rolled 90 (1d100)

Testing.

>C. Ask the announcer what he thinks

>A. Forget the tournament!
>D. Chase after Piccolo

fucking rip!

The round is over and anyone who disagrees can register their complaints with our knuckles.

This

go ahead

>>A. Forget the tournament!

>>B. Piccolo is disqualified for attempting to kill everyone
>>C. Ask the announcer what he thinks

That's a good picture

This

Get your priorities in order Goku

"Piccolo's disqualified for trying to kill everyone," you tell Goku.

"Really?" your friend asks, not sounding entirely convinced.

You look over at the announcer, who actually stayed despite the threat of untimely death.

"He is disqualified, right?" you ask.

"Well, according to the rules, killing is prohibited," the announcer says shakily. "But, making threats isn't. As you may remember, Chichi threatened to kill Piccolo in the ring during her match, but was still allowed to keep going."

He gives you an apologetic look.

"Piccolo isn't disqualified, but you are."

>A. That's rediculous

>B. Fine, but Piccolo isn't getting away

>C. Something else

>>B. Fine, but Piccolo isn't getting away

>B
I told you all to save people

"Then I better not hear any complaining when I kill him... AGAIN."

>B. Fine, but Piccolo isn't getting away.

"Can't believe you're siding with the monsters that killed you"

>>B. Fine, but Piccolo isn't getting away
oh look goku wins again

B
Just shrug and say guess you think the tournament is more important than the destruction of mankind and the. Start attacking piccolo

This

Of course it's the trap option. Why am I not surprised.

"Fine," you say, doing your best to keep the bitterness from your voice. "But, Piccolo isn't getting away."

"Tofoo," Goku says, grabbing you by the shoulder as you start off after the demon. "I need to beat him myself, otherwise I can't win the tournament."

You shrug his hand off of your shoulder, looking at him in disappointment. "I guess you think the tournament's more important than the survival of mankind."

Goku gives you an irritated look. "I'm not going to let Piccolo destroy the world, but I can handle him myself. I didn't need you to get involved."

>A. It sure looked like he needed help

>B. Tell him he isn't taking this seriously enough

>C. Piccolo would have killed everyone if you didn't step in

>D. He's right; you should have more faith in him

>E. Go after Piccolo

>F. Something else

>You make a rash decision

>It has some negative consequences

Yep, sounds like a trap to me

"That isn't the first time I'v seen that attack, he's dad tried to pull it off before I beat him. If I didn't stop Piccolo then he could have easily wiped the tournament stage the area surrounding it."

>>B. Tell him he isn't taking this seriously enough
>>C. Piccolo would have killed everyone if you didn't step in

>F.
"I just don't want to see any more friends get killed by him. Including you, Goku."

D. He's right; you should have more faith in him

>>D. He's right; you should have more faith in him

I actually like the idea of Goku and us having a bit of a fight over this. Good character growth, and it'll be brotastic when we make up.

Plus Goku does kinda go full retard sometimes. He just assumes he can always win. I mean, he does always win, but he gambles with other people pretty recklessly.

>E. Go after Piccolo

Well, you're not wrong

And It explains our actions in a way he can understand.

>B.Tell him he isn't taking this seriously enough

B
C
E
F
Tell him that you are not going to deal with more piccolo bullshit and he needs to take this more seriously, also that we already promised to kami that we wolud kill him, but if he insists we will give piccolo a chance to give up on his threat after we beat the ever living hell out of him

This

Supporting.

B
C
We can make up for it later

"You aren't taking this seriously enough," you reprimand your friend. "Piccolo would have killed everybody if I didn't step in!"

"No, I would have stopped him!" Goku shouts, sounding insulted now. "You aren't the only one Kami trained, so stop acting like you're the only one who can do anything!"

You feel his energy spike just a bit, and are able to tell that you've made him really angry.

You're pretty sure you've never seen Goku's fury directed at you, except the times he became a giant ape.

"Now, stay out of the way so me and Piccolo can finish our match," he orders.

>A. Alright

>B. No

>C. Chase after Piccolo

>D. Something else

This

>A

>B. No
>C. Chase after Piccolo

>A. Alright
>D. Something else
This

>A. Alright

>B. No
>D. Don't you understand? This is exactly what Piccolo wants to happen! When we're both exhausted he'll kill us and the entire planet!

>>A. Alright

>B. No

Supporting

>>B. No
>>C. Chase after Piccolo
If we're just going to sit back and let the cutscene where we don't do anything go on, then why did we step in at all?

>C. Chase after Piccolo
>D. Something else

"This isn't about you! He wants to kill everyone! I'm not going to stand aside just so you can enjoy your fight!"

What the fuck you people? Why did you even jump in on the trap option, if you're just going to give up and go back to watching Sominius write about us standing there not doing anything?

Backing

>C. Chase after Piccolo
Don't even bother trying to explain right now. Tofoo might not be the only one who trained under Kami, but he's the one Kami trusted to protect the world for exactly this reason.