kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Just to get last thread's shit over with:
See here:
If you pursued a whole bunch of physical perks, I wouldn't mean to take those away.

I intended to have perks that could give you a good chance of it.

>Try the majority of people in the thread.

Really? Because most people don't bitch about it anymore.

>Ahahaha, no. You mean consensus for this time of say, this particular thread.

Literally no one is arguing for it, and everyone is arguing against it.

I've decided to take it back, because it's this hated.

>Make the final match against someone of equal or greater strength, scaled to the Jumper. Problem solved.

Thanks, user. That will actually help a lot.

Problem solved, drama over.

Say it with me now:
TAIYOOOOH!

TAIYOOOOOOH

YOLOOOOOOO

Wait, what?

I had constructed my ninja team to cover most of the abilities I thought were cool, and so my concept for the mentor was to make a generalist ninja who would be able to train all of us despite our diverse fields.

I could have made him an Uchiha and made him even better at it, but I hate them.

DELET THIS.

SENTAI SUN VULCAN
no i didn't fuck up the stupid joke what are you talking about

>Really? Because most people don't bitch about it anymore.
Because it's pointless to. It will never be changed or replaced, so it's one of the few things both regular posters and shitposters have stopped talking about. It'd be like us arguing about whether W. Bush really did cheat the election via Florida.

Awoooooooo!

4 u

>Really? Because most people don't bitch about it anymore.

More because it's trite than anything else. Fallout also just doesn't get talked about as a result because any mention of it results in people shouting about the nerf.

Yeah, I'm getting that now. Still, that was a lot of (you)s. Was the fallout jump received the same way?

Further Awoo will incur a $50 fine. Payable in the form of images of Momiji

Still think it should be an optional +100-200 drawback instead of forced.

Should the Immortal origin try and make you explicitly evil? Remember that Carmilla was conspiring with Sabata to stop Hel out of her love for him.

I was already planning on getting rid of it, as I said. You're right, and that'll probably happen.

>I intended to have perks that could give you a good chance of it.
You intended to have perks that would let you beat a actual 40k Space Marine in a WWE jump? Makes me kinda worried that this will actually fit as a WWE jump now.

The thing you have to understand is that people don't actually hate being depowered itself.
They hate not having a CHOICE in the matter. Because it's a CYOA.
Choose Your Own Adventure.
You give them a an optional drawback that limits them and they'll be cool about it.
You try to write it into involuntary fiat and they'll go piranha on your ass.

Also,
Personally I ignore the Fallout nerf. It shouldn't have existed in the first place. But it'll never get fixed because Wild Card basically went 'lol no :^)'

You are free to go against the grain as an Immortal, yes. Just assume 'opposing faction' in drawbacks is whoever you're actively opposing.

I think so? It was a pretty early jump and I'm sure there were arguments, but I don't even think we were in the triple digits when it was released.

>Makes me kinda worried that this will actually fit as a WWE jump now.

It was more perks along the lines of extreme luck, ability to bring the audience into things, and a highly versatile steel chair. Things like that, and they'd all be capstones.

Also can't believe I forgot to mention Mani.

I meant more in the background write up.

TIME TO CELEBRATE BY BLOWING UP THE MOON!

Asked at the very end of last thread for some reason. I've got two questions about Fallout 4:

1) Why does Fallout 4 start a year before the game starts? The whole state of play seems totally different that long back and if we have an impact on the setting at all we won't see a bunch of the in-game stuff happening.

2) Why is the protagonist drawback Drop-In only? The protagonist of the game actually has memories so it's sort of as dissimilar from dropping in as it is to the other backgrounds, only thing I can think of is because the other backgrounds get discounts on stuff Nate/Nora can't possibly know but Drop-Ins can still buy that stuff without a discount.

You ready to serve and/or rebel against The Lord, /jc/?

I'd originally planned to include a scenario in this, but the jump is already huge as is. I'm planning on making a DLC instead.

It was released with barely any issue. It's only when the threads started to get into the triple digits that you saw people suddenly shitting their pants as if their power fantasy was retroactively violated.

Awoo~

If you go Hybrid as a Solar Smith, will you know as much about working with Dark Matter as you do Solar?

I'll get to it eventually. I just spent four months on this thing. Unless it needs a patch or a perk update, I don't wanna look at it for a while.

user no

Look, buddy, I might have had the thread just push back on my for something I planned to do, but frankly I've had enough of your anti-thread, SB-leaning bullshit. Fuck you and everything you stand for. If I ever decide anything about the jump, it'll never be due to your input.

Whoops, this posted right after my reply. Sadly, no, you'll need the Immortal capstone for that. You could try and learn it the old-fashioned way (via reverse engineering, trial and error and a lot of previous tech perks) but use caution. Dark Matter is nasty stuff.

I am an idiot and messed up the formatting. It's fixed in this version.

Looks good. Though the original French version would have been fun.

That drop-in capstone, it brought a tear to my eye I need it so badly.

user YES

Because most jumps have you start a year or more before the plot because most plot lines only last a year.
Plus, it's fallout. There is always something to do.
For your Minute man example from last thread, how about you instead go in and save them from crashing and burning and thus save several dozen if not hundreds of lives.

I don't have an answer for 2.

>bitching about SB when SB was never mentioned in the first place
Literally what?

>Literally what?
All you anti-thread shitters seem to come from there. Fuck off.

Nobody speaks french here though.

Which Jumps have their action focused on real-world cultures or locations that aren't in Europe/Asia, or in the United States? Fantasy versions are also good.

This is interesting, thank awoo for the jump.

So what's with this setting?

You seem to be generalizing things, user, or maybe seeing things. Nowhere in the discussion was that site mentioned, and frankly that site has no place in the discussion when the topic was regarding thread community here.

Take a step back. Breathe.

So Africa. You want a jump that takes place in Africa.

World of Darkness knockoff RPG about Angels and Demons fighting a cold war for human souls.

Or south america.

>What is Australia, besides being a death world
>What is South America
>What is Canada and Mexico

Or the rest of America, or the Pacific. Just want to see if some have been made with this specific focus in mind.

>inb4 /pol/ bait

No, He must've meant Antarctica.

>implying everyone in this thread is from Burgerland.

He's honestly being a bit biased there, if he doesn't like those settings for being too familiar to him, South American culture is as derived from Spanish or Portuguese as America's is from Brytain.

>Australia
Pre-modern it's literally nothing. Modern it's the same as the US in being similar to the parent culture.
>Canada
His issue with the US is the same here. It's basically just "US but they pretend to be different."
>Mexico
Same as South America.

See above.

Fucking Angels and Demons seem to be ALWAYS fighting a cold war.

God dammit they need to just kiss each other and fuck already or at least start an actual war instead of this eternal blue balls war.

>South America
Never forget.

I'm implying that nobody speaks French. We've had a few asian posters and plenty of Brits, Canadians and Australians, but they don't speak French there either.

Well, there's Quebec.

Fuck them though.

Jumpers!
Have you ever raped anyone?

Can we take both half vampire and dark child if we are hybrid?

Going to very hesitantly say 'yes'.

That depends. Can someone under the influence of a harem perk truly give consent?

What? No.
Fuck no.

I've murdered, tortured, crippled, and eaten people alive, but I've never raped anyone.

Jesus. The fuck is wrong with you?

Don't reply.

Points.

I need more points.

You are pure evil. Can we learn to reverse engineer Lenses, Pile Drivers etc without taking the items/perks?

For part 2, it's because he doesn't have any history in the current state of the world. He's been in cryo for the past 210 years, that's the best way to wipe the slate clean. So it fits in with dropin the best.

Anyone can buy anything without a discount. Doesn't make sense for a mage to be a master swordsman, but it happens. Up to you as to how you build.

>millennial morality

If you were in space would you be able to draw on / charge up both Dark Matter and Solar Energy if you had the perks?

Yes. How hard and how long it takes depends on how many reverse-engineering and tech perks you have. And if you can survive the 'trial and error' process. It will NOT be easy, regardless, since there are no books to follow and there's only one living Smith we know of. Consider some form of undeath immunity.

>Doesn't make sense for a mage to be a master swordsman, but it happens.

Ah. So would Dark Child powers also be locked behind the vampire form, along with weakness to sunlight? How would that work with This is, In fact, my final form? Could we get the powers without weakness that way?

The highest drawback is super incredibly painful. Which NPCs died and can we ressurect them if we find an item from the warehouse that could do it?

...if we began to store more things in warehouse than could fit in the planet, is the planet just comically covered in stuff?

What determines if immortals got our stuff it it just is somewhere?

Can you clearly see the closest star (the sun) and reach your hand out to it? Then yes, you can recharge the sunlight. In the void of space, you can recharge Dark Matter to your heart's content, just remember your pool maxes out pretty quickly.

So I wonder how they'd feel about literal angels popping up in their zombie war.

Import Solaire as Immortal

>Taking things seriously in single player fantasy imagination game on a korean abstract art website.

exactly.

If you're gonna torture someone to death, cripple them, etc. don't sit on your high horse when it comes to rape.

fuck, im taking the bait

I was thinking more along the lines of how running both of those systems would work for a starship. I get where you're going though.

Yes, your Dark Child powers will be locked whenever you're in 'human' form. They mishmash together when you're in your Half-Vampire form otherwise, along with the weakness to sunlight. I don't do rulings on outside perks, but there's no fiat enforcement here, so go nuts. Hybrids are basically 'I want altform NOW, not later'.

Going to say 'yes'. It's already pretty damn difficult already, so consider this me throwing you a bone. Just need to find it using nothing but what you've got.

Yup. Have fun cleaning that up.

Whichever result would be worse for you.

So a Tree of Darkness immortal can charge up with sol if they get Taiyoh, and manipulate it along with dark matter, but they can't touch the flame? What if they are firebender?

Having some trouble with the WWE jump.

Specifically, it has to due with rolling for locations. Having one's location in a given city (or one's hometown, indeed) wouldn't change nearly as much as being in a different era, which is why I thought I'd do it the MGS way- roll for era and chose location freely, or choose era but be bound to a certain location. The problem is, the different locations aren't related to the eras like they are in MGS, which makes me think I might just do rolling for era.

Thoughts?

Everyone has standards, user. Even the worst men have lines they just won't cross.

Plants are flammable, silly user. Just try not to set yourself on fire and you're good.

Cool. Question: can anything be learned/improved, or are you limited to what songs/affinities/etc. you purchase in-jump?

It's fine for a jump to just not have locations if they don't make sense. Other real world based jumps like Cooking Show and Generic video Game Developer don't have them.

BOKTAI:
Drawbacks:
CROSS BATTORU
What Does That Even Mean
More Walking
A Pale Moon
A Missing Link- [BEGIN SCREAMING]
The Restless Dead

Total CP: 2000
[CONTINUE SCREAMING]

Origin: Solar Child (100)

Perks:
TAIYOOOOOOOOOOH (Free)- TAIYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
Put Your Back Into It! (Free)- FUCKING IMMORTALS WE SHOULD HAVE JUST BUILT A LAPLACE
Lighting the Way (100)- HELP
The Sun Will Rise Tommorow (200)- Gotta be Upbeat Upbeat- Oh god why
Surprise, Sunshine! (200)- GOTCHA BITCH
The Sum of the Sun (200)- Well shit let's build an Arsenal
Light Side of the Moon (400)- [ELEMENTALITY INTENSIFIES]
Lunar Blood (500)- I... actually need the Wild Bunch due to drawbacks
Hybrid (Free)- Gonna need this for Reasons as well
From Darkness (Free)- This is going to be a mess at the very least

Solar Trance (300)- TAIYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
Title: Silver Arm user

Arsenal:
Lens:
Sol- Gonna have to build my own lenses, or loot them, whatever comes first at this rate

Battery:
Single- Gonna have to make due
Hollow Battery (200)- With this

Frame:
Knight- Its okay/10
Gradius (300)- PEW PEW PEW
Sol De Vice (500)- YOU, I NEED YOU

Monstrous Powers:
Half-Vampire (500)- Welp Here We Go Count Zero

Items:

Scarf of Courage- Yellow, like the sun and for other character reasons but ignore that
Neat Goggles- They are pretty neat
Companions:
You, Me, And My Friends (400)- Assist me!
May the Sun Be With You! (Otenko)- I'm sorry for what happened to your partners, buddy.
Right so I have the Ixa armor from Kamen Rider, which uses the Ixa Knuckle to transform.
Gonna find a way to incorperate the Sol De Vice and the Ixa Knuckle together to get help boost combat effectiveness
Plus the Sunshine, Star, and Moonlight Gaia Memories are about to get a LOT of usage

I DIDNT EVEN GET ITEMS HEAVENSANON, ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

Eh, I'd say no locations. I'm fine with rolls myself but others will probably disagree.

Cool. I'll probably do 1d8 for era, then.

The item you build with AP, if you go Solar Smith that's the type of stuff you can build right?

Yeah, you can build those by hand with those Smith perks, except for the Dark stuff (that you'll need the Immortal capstone or some learnin' for). This just gives you the ability to grab the better or best stuff immediately. The Lenses in Arsenal are basically the fully upgraded versions.

Songs and Sorcery can be learned. Attunements and Distinctions can be earned. Only Ethereals can learn Affinities and only Angels/Demons can learn the Servitor Attunements. (Technically, humans can get Servitor Attunements if they can get an angel/demon of the correct Choir/Band to donate part of their soul.) Nobody on the other side is going to give you anything if you don't buy it with CP.

Sweet. Thanks!

So... if I go Drop-In, should I just attach numbers to the listed locations and roll 1d4, or is there an actual rolling table I'm missin' somehow?

>korean abstract art website
?

So... Does that include them getting access to Light of Terra and such things that instantly will make them win?

...gotta add a few more fail safes and passwords on my equipment, punishing unauthorized access

Would some stuff remain in dimensional pockets if they were there before jump started?

Also, Dark Loans... So wait, if we kill ourselves do our stamina restore to full so we can run? Since otherwise it will be impossible to keep it up without breaks. Just taking the item forces jumper to run for... 15 years?

...did I forgot to-GOD DAMN IT.

Drop-Ins can start in either San Miguel or outside of Fog Castle. Your choice. I'll edit that in for the upload version.

>Songs and Sorcery can be learned
How does one learn these?

>Attunements and Distinctions can be earned.
Earned by who's definition? God's? An Archangel's? Arch-demon's? Presumably, such things would need to be earned in-jump, correct?

>Angels/Demons can learn the Servitor Attunements.
See above.

Also, what kind of time investment is there for learning?

Yup. They'll be working to figure it out while you're getting your bearings.

Everything that was in a dimensional pocket will be dumping it out into the field. Thing is, if you survive this drawback, you'll get everything back in the shape it was before this nonsense started as a consolation.

Yes, dying gives you a stamina refill. It's not impossible, but it is meant to be incredibly agonizing and awful. Don't do it unless you REALLY like jogging.

It's sad that having Lunar blood and being Half Vampire/Dark Child and Sol Trance doesn't give you the dark trance from lunar kni-...

...does this include lunar knights or not exactly and people can make it as a jump?

Also, a Lunar Trance that's Wild Bunch based would be radical

Wait. If I take half vampire but I took that immortals perk to work with dark matter or such, I can use darkness while not in vampire form?

So wait, as long as we've tried our best to be a good person in previous jumps, God will say "Yeah, you're cool, come on in," in the Damned jump? That seems pretty easy.

About how strong does Breaker of Bones make you? We looking at lifting 1 ton, 10 tons, what?

Yeah but some people tried to replicate the hyper structure from Blame in warehouse.

That's like instant planet destruction.

And it's not jogging. It's point thirst

I assume our companions will also have their powers locked and we can't have em then without paid for import?

I plan on doing a Lunar Knights update eventually, but yeah, aside from the Solar Smith capstone this is entirely about the initial trilogy. If someone else wants to do Lunar Knights, they can, just do it well, please? I plan on covering most of Disgaea so that's not happening for a while on my end.

You can, but only post-jump, and it's diluted a bit unless you're Undead or Darkness-aligned or have something like that Final Form perk. It's stronger in your Immortal/Vampire form.

It's honestly a borderline joke trap option, because Dark Loans pulls the exact same bullshit on Django, just without benefactor approval. And yeah, they're powerlocked too, but the debt falls on you. So they can go on vacation or toss you some water during the wait. They can't help you escape, though.