Pokemon Quest #155

Last Leg Edition

Archive: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Gobble
Twitter: twitter.com/GobbleQM
Pokemon, items, and summary: pastebin.com/tSNKt0Wm
FAQ and general concepts: pastebin.com/Ht1Q5E1p
All guides, player knowledge, and smutty stories: pastebin.com/u/Gobblepokemon

Themes: youtube.com/watch?v=6Y-ad_74T08
Quest theme: youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422579428&v=YW9QKy6oDkE&x-yt-cl=85114404

Recently: You battled General Harris of Team Imperium and his twisted mutant Pokemon to buy time while your friends got away. You tried to escape yourself, but things didn't go as planned.

General rules:

There is a 10 minute voting period after each post. Non-contradictory votes will be combined as best as possible.

Write-ins for all votes are always welcome and encouraged. They may not all make it into the post or be altered to fit in, but I'll do my best to at least try to address the spirit of the write-in.

Very important or contentious votes may be redone in a stricter voting system as it comes up.

Combat involves rolls! Once there's a clear vote winner, we roll for the move accuracy/crit/secondary effect. Usually it's just three 1d100s. Sometimes you can get a modifier from circumstances, so be creative! Add flair, do tricks with moves, mess with terrain, whatever! This is not a video game. Weak moves tend to be quicker.

Call me out on a mistake and receive an apology butt or suggestive picture.

Badges: 10

Pokemon on you:
-

Not In Party:
Leviathan (Gyarados)
Destiny (Kingdra)
Aria (Meloetta)
Raistlin (Alakazam)

Zappy Dan (Magnezone)
Devon (Houndoom)
Trunks (Trevenant)
Fel (Butterfree)
Vlad (Crobat)
Oberon (Garchomp)
Nibbles (Tyrantrum)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kjIVkl34Vig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good morning Gobble.

Sleep well?

Yeah, baby!

Oh boy, with the last thread I'm expecting one of three things.

>The cavalry arrives and surrounds the Imperium grunts.

>That guy makes us finish the battle.

>Straight to Hornbeam's lair. Not good since our current team is weakened by the events of the previous threads.

Oh boy, time to Gobble.

[Before we get started. I know that some people aren't happy with the current arc. What I've put for an update is pretty close to how I was planning on presenting things before emotions ran a little high last night. I hope it doesn't come off too much as railroading or copping out, because I honestly feel like it makes sense given everything that's happened in the quest. I probably sound a bit rambling right now, so I'll just go ahead and post it and we'll take it from there.

I'm super tired and this probably won't be a very long thread. Sorry.]

Look at pokemon on us and Not in party.

I think at the least, we're in transit to Hornbeam's lair.

Really hoping for that cavalry/rescue then.

Fair enough.

And take this as a compliment:

You've made Team Imperium into pokemon's equivalent of the Nazis and your players are genuinely scared of being captured by them.

That's quite an achievement, even if it means you've done your job a little too well with them.

Aren't we all?

Don't worry Gobble, anons can deal. I'm sure it'll be good!

Go! Go! You and your Pokemon push for everything you have. Somehow, some way, you make it into the cabin. The escape tunnel is plain to see. Dan, with you riding, rushes into it. Devon keeps a few feet behind to Roar at the doorway. You have your chance and you all go into the tunnel. Robin and a few others are deep in there, waiting to collapse it behind you. You encourage your Pokemon to move as fast as they can.

You’re jerked back. Robin’s face turns to panic as you see an almost instant distance between you and Dan and Devon. Dan tries to slow and turn. Devon does an about face after seeing you no longer on Dan. But it’s too late. The tunnel collapses in front of you. The last thing you see is Robin’s dimly lit face as others pull her back and the entrance is collapsed.

You’re captured.

The rest feels like a dream. Fighting to hold onto your Pokeballs. Being put into a cage and taken to Mount Harmony. There’s even a show trial to try to delegitimize you and your allies. All the time you wait for when Hornbeam crushes your mind.

But it never comes. Maybe he’s busy. Maybe he thought it would be too obvious in the show trials. You spend your time in a cell with other trouble makers. Violet is there. She doesn’t talk much. She just sits in her corner. Thinking. She hasn’t seen her Pokemon since she was caught.

You stop thinking of the future. What’s the point? Why even worry? You can’t do anything.

Then the notes start coming. They’re snuck in with your food.

The first one is the most important. “Your Pokemon are safe. Don’t give up.”

There’s a picture of a banana with it. It has to be one of the Team Imperium members that you and your friends rescued in the ruins. Quinn and his Tropius, Zoe, and the others. For the first time since being captured, you break down and cry. But it’s the best cry of your life.

(continued)

Name: Orange
Sex: Male
Badges: 0
Town: Give me a town OP
Pokemon: Give me a starting pokemon OP

Well at least they're okay.

When we get Aria back, I want to put some Imperium grunts to sleep, Jigglypuff style.

Sounds like you want to manga this up like Yellow or something.

>You stop thinking of the future. What’s the point? Why even worry? You can’t do anything.

Huh. Kat broke really quickly

>skipping all the interesting bits
Gobble pls

Holy crap, we're Joan of Arc.

More notes come in every day. It paints a picture. The show trial just riled people up. From the time you spent helping trainers at the league, to the many trainers you’ve given help to on your journey, to the karaoke cafe robbery you stopped, the hotel you helped with their ‘haunting’ problem, the cruise ship you defended against the Gyarados attack, and everything else, people are on your side. You’ve become something of a symbol.

Hornbeam has been cutting himself off from the problems popping up everywhere. He’s grown isolated, consumed in his work. Apparently he’s close to having something that will solve all the problems.

The note you’ve been waiting for comes with breakfast. “Tonight.”

There’s some very tiny writing on the back and some maps. It details the plan. They’ll cut power and open the doors for your group to get in. The Elite Four and gym leaders, along with the good members of Team Imperium, will stop Hornbeam. It’s almost over.

They search the prisoners every day before bedtime. There’s no way to smuggle anything. But today is different. The person smuggling notes can get you something small. The Pokeballs for Raistlin, Aria, Destiny, and Levi are hidden somewhere in the base.

You’ve been thinking about Dialga. As far as you know, summoning it for help can be done by playing it’s song on that ancient flute. So that might be an option.

If all goes well, you might be able to grab the rest of your stuff at some point, but what you start with might make all the difference.

>Ask for one of your Pokemon (specify)
>Ask for your flute
>Ask for a walkie-talkie (limited reception inside)
>Ask for lockpicks. You can sneak around

I'm ok with it. I'm here for the optimism and healing, not the depressing arc we're on right now. I'm kinda just weathering through until we get back to nice adventures with our friends

The interesting bits are what everyone was terrified of to the point of wanting a critical injury last night.

>Ask for one of your Pokemon, Aria
Sorry for the shit storm yesterday Gobble. I was just tired and things weren't going well.

Aria?

What? Are you saying OP is not going to DM a pokemon campaign for me? What's the point of this thread if I can't make a character and interact with the setting?

Kat is Jesus. We have 11 Pokemon (12 if you include Sneaker, the outsider) and they all have the same personalities of Jesus' followers

Aria.

Let's end this.

>>Ask for one of your Pokemon (specify)
Aria

...holy shit. Who's Judas though?

Aria.
Sing for the win. Perish Song if we're backed into a corner.

Can we ask where our flute is at least?

Also, she may have been a bitch, but I feel like getting Violet's help here might be a good idea.

At the least, she might make a decent meat shield.

Raistlin can help find the others and get around better with teleporting

Aria

Literally just skipping everything to the final battle
It's shit Gobble

>they all have the same personalities of Jesus' followers
That seems a bit far-fetched user.

user, would you like to be in prison for days at a time and manage to get Kat fucked up?

>Ask for lockpicks. You can sneak around
Aww, but if we skip so much off the capture, we're gonna get to the end faster.

Well, obviously.
Hornbeam is way to big a problem to have grudges come into play here, and she probably hates the horrible pokemon experiments done to make the mutants. She just needs to get her hand on *a* pokemon and our chances automatically double too.

Is it weird that I think she's one of the better choices for rehabilitating the mutants?

>Wanting three to five threads of depression and angst as we're unable to do anything since we're a prisoner

What a great arc that would be 10/10

Eh, at least it's well-written. But yeah, not really a fan of darker tone shifts as a rule. I prefer for things to grow brighter through a story.

Of course, this isn't the end yet, just (hopefully) the darkest moment before the dawn. Gotta wait and see what happens next

Not really, just maybe keep someone else around to watch her.

Please, user. We still have a championship match to dispute.

Not OP but I'll give you Rattata, a potion, 5 pokeballs, a broken pokedex, a broken cell-phone, 500 Y, and your starting town is pallet town, and it's summer, and both your parents are abroad, and you have no friends.

And then we get to do a gen 2 campaign, starring Kat, Claire, and Robin's science baby

Yeah okay.
The datebin was super cute!

Skipping just to prison would be bad too
Why not just pick up right after being captured? Give us a chance to escape or talk to the Imperium General.
Let us actually do the trial and let us set the tone of it.
Have us find Violet and talk to her, rather than just "Oh she's here, too"

>Implying it would have to be angst
>Implying it couldn't be Kat refusing to give up and keep fighting every chance she got

B-but how will three people make a baby?

Science, son

*babies

t-thanks, user.

Ok, I'm going to go out in the tall grass and look for pokemon with my rattata. Will you be my DM?

No, she is probably the best choice, just might want to have the League watch her so we don't have the opposite of Team Imperium to deal with.

As epic as the Yellow arc in the manga was, I don't think we particularly want to be dealing that shit when Violet is at least somewhat in Mewtwo's 'good' graces.

You ask for Aria’s Pokeball. She’s powerful, but small. Perfect for sneaking or fighting your way through.

You wish you could see them all right now, though. It feels like it’s been forever. Tonight, it all changes.

You think back on your time in the cell. You’ve been...

>Bonding with Violet, believe it or not
>Doing push ups, pull ups, sit ups and squats
>Meditating. Mastering the inside of your own head
>Something else

>>Bonding with Violet, believe it or not
FRIENDSHIP

Oh my.

if it is possible could we at least have talked to Violet somewhat and figure out what happened to her?

>>Meditating. Mastering the inside of your own head

The other two feel a bit too 'free' for me. Like it's cheap if it happens off-screen. I totally wish we could have poked at Violet's brain in here, that's the biggest loss of the skip for me.

No reason we can't do both of these things at the same time.

Appropriate song for what's about to happen:

youtube.com/watch?v=kjIVkl34Vig

>And talking to Violet a bit, you suppose. You don't want to do this alone.

I feel like 'bonding' makes it really awkward. We should get the chance to talk to her and decide whether to warm up a bit or not based on that. And I say that as a Violet-liker.

>>Meditating. Mastering the inside of your own head

Bonding with Violet, believe it or not

>>Bonding with Violet, believe it or not
>>Doing push ups, pull ups, sit ups and squats
agreed

Seconded

I'll swap to I suppose.

And one last talk with Dark Kat

Yeah I don't know, I feel like we might have time for both.

You mediated and bonded with Violet for most of your time.

Being locked in a cell with someone gives you a lot of time to talk. Violet spent the first while not saying or doing much. When she first saw you though, she temporarily perked up and hugged you. You guess a familiar face, even to someone like her, was a welcome sight.

When she hugged you, you...

>Hugged back, hard
>Pushed her off. She’s been nothing but terrible to Robin and this doesn’t change that
>Let it happen and didn’t strongly encourage or discourage her
>Something else

Baby steps.

I feel like hugging back a little is fine.

>>Let it happen and didn’t strongly encourage or discourage her

>>Let it happen and didn’t strongly encourage or discourage her
makes the most sense at that point

rule one of going to prison is to make the right friends

>I feel like hugging back a little is fine.

Just a little.

Not a lot.

The bridge is still on fire at the very least.

>hugged her back, a little
I'm okay with this

Violet hugged you hard. You gave a few polites on her back and let her decide when to break it off.

She thought that maybe you had a way out, or at least news about her Pokemon. She looks crushed when you don’t. She retreats into her little corner, saying little.

She didn’t ask about Robin or Robert.

When the notes started coming in, you...

>Didn’t tell her. She’ll never change
>Didn’t tell her how you know, but assured her you’d both get out of here and stop this
>Told her about the notes, sharing everything. It was your lifeline to the outside world
>Chastised her for not even asking about her family. It ended in a fight
>Something else

>Didn’t tell her how you know, but assured her you’d both get out of here and stop this

>Copped a feel
Can't arrest someone twice

>something else
asked her what her angle was. she HAS to have something up her sleeve or i'll lose all respect for her as a ruthless bitch. I'll show you mine if you show me yours

Turnabout is fair play.

>>Didn’t tell her how you know, but assured her you’d both get out of here and stop this

Rolled 34 (1d100)

Asked her why she doesn't ask about her family. Does she really not care at all about them?

>Told her about the notes, sharing everything. It was your lifeline to the outside world

I really like this. Its like character gen.

I feel like even if it results in an argument, it could help get some insight into her character.

I don't know, if we voted to bond with Violet I feel like we should actually, you know, bond with Violet and not be halfassed about it.

Yeah, this.

Still, she's done a lot of damage in other relationships and we don't exactly trust her.

We can still get her focused on murdering Hornbeam though.

Gobble fell asleep?

Maybe it's a big difficult post!