Shadowrun and Unprofessional Behaviour

If the Shadowrun world is a near-future megacorporate dystopia, what checks exist to prevent massive sexual harassment in the workplace? Since corporations are above national law and have near-complete control over information and media, and have near-absolute leverage over their employees, what way is there to stop harassment unless someone higher up notices and takes offense? Not to mention any SINless employees who are practically being paid under the table and are completely replaceable if they say no.

True, it's not like they'd make that public policy (unless it was some weird C-list company with a niche brand), but they could absolutely cover it up and other corporations are unlikely to do anything about it unless it hurts their bottom line. You could argue that a corporation where abuse is rampant would not compete as effectively but lots of what corporations do are effectively luxuries and perks for their high-level members - if they were dispassionate efficiency machines the executives would live like monks. Basically what's keeping Shadowrun from regressing back to a 50s-style work environment?

Unlike the 1950s, Shadowrun deterrents include boob machine guns, and dispute resolution can involve cyborg mercenaries who will accept cash from a woman.

90 percent of white collar work can and will be done by computers in the future. Sucking dick might be just about the only thing you need a human for in an office setting.

>Since corporations are above national law
Courts are not a place of state vs. corp, it's a place of corp vs. corp, and there are lawyer corps that handle both sides of sexual harassment lawsuits.

>what checks exist to prevent massive sexual harassment in the workplace?
Having reasonable alternatives which don't get you in legal trouble, can be done at work, require minimal effort on your part and are done with far prettier people.

Some Corps will have internal mechanisms to cut down on that shit (most likely Horizon). Others won't.

Either way, that shit's boring unless it's the subject of a run (harassed middle manager's sick of giving under the table performance reviews, solve the problem), so who gives a fuck?

Why would you fuck your kinda dumpy subordinate Susan when you can boot up a rig and fuck the top 30 supermodels all at once. Hell, there's also bunraku joints

It's in their best interest to crack down on it so rival groups don't poach their workers or have an in for convincing people to go for corporate espionage.

One of the ways they'd probably crack down on it is prostitutes. It's cheaper than seminars and having to suspend people.

>implying the corporate world in cyberpunk campaigns wouldn't resemble this /gif/ thread:
With that said, I find your thread disgusting and distasteful. The idea that anybody should ever play Shadowrun is completely unacceptable.

The simple answer is that there probably are none. Managers can, and regularly do, screw their subordinates. There doesn't have to actually BE anything preventing it, this is a dystopian future, you can take a little rape now and then.

Most men might take a little pause to consider
>"What if she's a magic user who can make me bite my own dick off?"

This is a problem with literally every organization without extensive oversight. So, yeah, sexual harassment and abuse is probably fairly common.

Probably not even going to come up. The life of a wage slave is not your life. Even the most 50's minded executive will probably think twice about smacking the ass of a deltaware'd up street sammy... no matter how nice the ass might be.

Why would she be working as a low-paying junior accountant if she could use magic

Mages get all kinds of special treatment from corps

Man the damn President of the United States had sex with Monica Lewinsky the intern, and half of Congress sleeps with their secretaries. There's something about close proximity and power.

Prostitution is illegal in america though, so they don't have the "reasonable alternatives which don't get you in legal trouble"

Power is an aphrodisiac. To those that have it, and to those that are near it.

> what way is there to stop harassment
Corps have their own laws, and they may or may not have serious HR strategies to tamp this stuff down. Harassment can be very costly in terms of liability, productivity, culture, and PR issues. So they may really be interested in firing anyone who seems to be doing that.

Unlike the 1950's, the boss has a lot of good options for getting laid: Prostitution is legal basically everywhere. He can already get his needs served, regardless of how weird they are. It's also a lot less risky to just pay a whore to get your genitals wet.

And yeah, it's a dystopia. Although at the same time, a lot of social justice stuff seems to have advanced further. 2075 may have fewer social obstacles to reporting creepy bosses; put the evidence up on the matrix, report it to some news organizations, and place bets on how long it takes for him to get sacked.

Victims of harassment might also get a good amount of hush-money too, if they threaten to report it to news agencies and whatnot. Most companies don't like having to pay out that much.

>Unlike the 1950s, Shadowrun deterrents include boob machine guns, and dispute resolution can involve cyborg mercenaries who will accept cash from a woman.

The 5th edition book also makes a point that most people carry weapons and light armor (there's even armor-clothing and armored suits), mainly to help fend off common threats like gangers and devil rats.

Kind of off topic, but the question is inspired by that pic... would the megacorps be willing to tolerate someone who snubbed their corporate culture if they were very talented at their role? Say like a rigger or a mage?

Seeing as Coprorations in Shadowrun are literally countries and governments of their own I imagine that wouldn't, but then again that depends on how close to the source they are:

Is it a company owned by the Hypercorp? Then they wouldn't be under direct supervision and it's up to the descretion of the boss to deal with the employee.

Are you directly a corporate citizen of [insert hypercorp here] I imagine if it's bad enough they could strip your citizenship and fire you.

Seems weirdly counter-productive to me. I mean, one of the best in their field and you wanna can em because they roll their eyes at your 'for the team!/corp is family!' bullshit.

Seems like your competitors would love to snap them up.

>Prostitution is illegal in america though
We're talking about the Shadowrun setting.

Please read the comment I'm replying to, you piece of barely literate street trash

Maybe, but that depends on the priorities of the Corp and whether or not it affects their bottom line.

If their skills are that good/important they might not interact with the regular company and simply be their own thing where they can snub the corporate culture at whim as long as they do what they are payed to do. This is the sort of shit you'd see a wage slave do and get away with it especially when you have people whoa re invested in the corporate culture for whatever reason.

Then again, if you're that good and that valuable why shackle yourself to a single corp?

Yes, and it sounds like that employee doesn't give a shit about the Company Kool-Aid, and thus has zero loyalty to your organization. If someone isn't invested in the corp's culture, what's to stop them from simply getting themselves extracted for another corp that's willing to pay them more, or simply selling corporate secrets?

>would the megacorps be willing to tolerate someone who snubbed their corporate culture if they were very talented at their role?
That happens all the time IRL. There's a popular saying: "talent justifies eccentricity".

Even without loads of talent, a lot of companies are having less strict dress codes. I was interviewed last month by a woman who had visible tattoos and piercing, and was in quite casual dress. Even some 100+ year old traditional companies are starting to move in that direction too.

As for snubbing the culture, any company has to accept some degree of deviation from their ideals. Every one of those restrictions (i.e. no beards, no piercings, no tats, etc) makes the applicant pool a little smaller, and may make the hiring process a little longer and more expensive. If they go too far with it, they might not have enough suitable applicants to fill all their openings.

Also, it's shadowrun. I'm sure a solid chunk of the workforce looks like she does, if not worse. Some companies may just be happy she shows up every day, isn't an ork (or one of the more disturbing metatypes), and hasn't yet covered herself with cyberdicks.

It's hard to believe the bulk of the wage-slaves are armed and dangerous though, the second amendment and many states' open carry/concealed carry laws means women could be walking around armed to the gills here in the real world and still most regular people are unarmed and even if they were wouldn't be ready to kill someone for feeling them up.

On a similar note, things like HR strategies, hush money and the media/matrix sound more like ways to enable abuse, not counters to it - the deck is stacked heavily in favor of corporate. It's easier to blacklist someone, tar their records and intimidate them than it is to pay them off or replace their more useful superior, and once you get up to the executive level these people are basically medieval-style aristocracy for whom De Sade was just the worst one that went public. I mean shit, Shadowrun corporations are regularly involved in all kinds of crazy stuff like kidnapping, trafficking, experimentation and literal human sacrifice, the CEO's son fucking his secretary and half the mail-room is small potatoes.

Prostitution is already practically legal for the wealthy and powerful in today's world and sexual harassment still goes on just because that's how people like to use their power. Look at Roger Ailes over at Fox and how long he got away with the things he's accused of, he could've easily afforded holidays to sex-tourism countries but when you're powerful you want to exercise that power on your subordinates.

People like that exist in real life. It depends entirely on your job, and your boss.
I worked at one place where there was a slacker girl with a shit attitude, our boss didnt care, until an uppity assistant manager complained to corporate about it. It turned into a total shit show with the chick, manager, abd a few other low level employees getting fired and corporate cracking down on everyone.
My next job, we had one dude who would literally punch in, and then leave. Everyone knew, another guy would go and watch hentai in the bathroom for 30 minutes at a time. No one ever did anything about it.

I'd assume it's mostly going to be low-level employees and nobodies who can get away with being cynical, gormless alternatives. Who cares if the girl manning the convenience store counter can remember the corporate mantra so long as she's there on time. The higher up you go though the more important the corporate culture stuff becomes because the stakes are just generally higher, so you have to be really talented to get away with deviation, like an excellent scientist bucking the dress code or a hotshot salesman keeping it casual in the office with his feet up on the desk.

I did later clarify that I meant 'one of the best in the world' not just Joe Random that got on the honor roll that one time.

But what if it's a delta grade ass?

>Is the job meaningless?
Then no problem. Do the work, and it's not like you're going to get anything marketable to another corp. You're just a nameless wage slave or a StufferShack employee.

>Is the job important?
That's where there's a problem. If you are an Ares lab researcher that doesn't seem to give a shit about how amazing Ares is and how amazing your life at Ares is, what's to keep you from dropping some schematics for that new laser to a rival corp for some cash? What's to keep you from straight up leaving the company, hiring a Johnson to get a team of 'runners paid to extract you and send you to a happy new life at SK? What's to keep you from botching your experiment for months in exchange for several hundred thousand nuyen so that a rival can hit the market first?

A lot of people seem to think I was saying 'insubordinate' when I wasn't.

I was saying irreverent. Someone who doesn't think the corp is all that but still does the job they're hired for at the best of their ability.

I suppose it's my fault for not explicitly saying that.

Then it just depends on how you're bucking the system. Because it doesn't really matter if you're the best in the world if you regularly mime that blowing your brains out would be more enjoyable than being at work, talk about how you're only there for the money, or generally show disrespect to the corp itself.

You can call your manager a shit-for-brains, you can wear non-regulation labcoats, you can smoke in the non-smoking section, you can slap the ass of your secretary and tell her to blow you. But there's a limit to how far you could go with disrespect. Basically, disrespect the rules but not the corp itself.

Because the moment you start disrespecting the corp, your loyalty is going to get called into question.

The fun of ducking your secretary, knowing that's she's doing it all to keep her shitty job. It is the spice that generic beauty you can get dime a dozen doesn't have.

>sucking dicking
>something a computer can't do

Have you never heard of a "floppy drive"?

>1:00 AM
>You and your team sneak into the executive offices on the 223rd floor of the skyscraper after arranging to have all the patrols shifted to another floor
>A security guard from the 26th floor has taken advantage of their absence and dragged some nebbish accountant working late nights up to admire the view (and to fuck)

What do you do?

Basically this. Especially when that secretary is dime-a-dozen and was just lucky her father was a wage slave. She's utterly unremarkable aside from a nice set of tits that you paid her to get and a damn fine natural ass. Sure, she can complain to someone higher up the totem pole, but why would anyone give a shit about what she says when you're running the most profitable floor on the arcology? So she has to obey, has to fake a smile and swallow. Because if she doesn't, she's getting tossed out on the street with her kids, and if she's lucky, her husband might follow.

A meatpuppet's fun, but there's no real sense of power over a conscious being. And SimSense only does so much, and no matter how much you tell yourself that steak's delicious, you know it's fake.

>Kill guard
>Rape accountant
>Kill accountant
>Stage it like he raped her and they accidentally killed each other

>Implying there's a decision to be made in this scenario
You blast away the security guard, detain the accountant, and stage a suicide. What, are you going to leave witnesses or unaccounted corpses, drek-for-brains?

There's something kind of funny (but true) about wanting that REAL fake enjoying it. Like you can pay a hooker to pretend to enjoy having sex with you but you can't pay them to struggle to pretend because this isn't where they imagined their life was going and they feel backed into a corner where their only option is to have sex with you and desperately hope you enjoy it enough not to ruin their life.

Someone may be a sadist.

>detain the accountant, and stage a suicide
Do you mean force her to stage her own suicide, or make the security guy's death look like a suicide? I'm not following.

What the fuck is this thread

why would someone even just think about this?

Hey man, sadists are psychologically well-equipped to climb the cutthroat ladder of success that is the Shadowrun world. They've got the will to power that regular people can't muster, because they've got a fundamental carnal urge mainlining their motivation to succeed and nobody's going to be as hungry for promotion as that.

OP is either diddling someone or being diddled at work

OP here, working on some side-runs for a Shadowrun Returns campaign and was wondering how lore-compliant it would be to have runs dealing with sexual harassment in the workplace - from both sides, since there may be managers looking to cover their tracks and subordinates with no other recourse.

>>Stage it like he raped her and they accidentally killed each other
Can't for the life of me come up with how to stage that.

Nah, you blow her brains out but leave an untraceable pistol in her hands. The face ought to have one; use the run's earnings to replace it. Just make it look like she was actually packing a hold-out pistol and the realization of what she'd done pushed to her to take her own life. Or do something along the lines of Or simply make it look like he took it too far and bashed her brains in before killing himself.

But you're probably going to want to kill the guard immediately, so you might not be able to fake his death as a suicide.

You realize we're talking about people on the higher portions of the corporate ladder in Shadowrun, right?

Yeah, hence why I suggested staging it to make it look like she did a murder-suicide, fighting off her rapist before the realization she'd wasted a company vet convinced her to take the easy way out.

>her
>nebbish: a person, especially a man, who is regarded as pitifully ineffectual, timid, or submissive.

Guess it depends how you kill him. Might be easier to kill her with his gun then afterward claw his corpse up a bit with her nails so it'll look like he killed her by accident during a rape then your team busted in and killed him. Of course if whoever's doing the raping is a different species than the guard that might tip off any crime scene investigator.

Do they have traps in SR? I mean of course they do, but I never seen them get acknowledged unlike homos and those who actually want to remove their dicks.

Ahaha they have stock photos for rape? What possible boring-as-fuck middle-management slide show would want to use that image when awkwardly lecturing their staff about personal space?

They have anything you can think of.

>so rival groups don't poach their workers

desu, with how the corps are set up, this doesn't really happen unless the person in question is really really really good at their job and more likely than not, in R&D. One just does up leave a Megacorp just like that.

>tip off any crime scene investigator.

Right, because CSI combing over a major corporate break-in are going to give a single fuck who exactly stuck their dick in the wage-slave corpse they're shoveling into a bulk body disposal with the eighteen security guards they also killed. They'll all be corpse-starch by the end of the day, send out the standard notification form to any next-of-kin on file, close out their account with the company, move someone up from a more junior branch to take over their position and get back to the real business of tracking down that laser prototype the damn mercs stole.

I know. But traps aren't mentioned in any passing that I've encountered, nothing to anchor it as "occurring" because there is no text that implies it.

I mean, they're already full progressives with actual mind your pronouns and gender reassignment surgery, why not boipuccis?

>corpse-starch
shadowrun is dark but that's 40k my dude

To be honest traps are a pretty niche sexual taste outside of internet weirdos and I've never seen the idea outside of chan websites. They haven't gone out of their way to specifically show off traps in Shadowrun because it's pretty much just fetish material and they tend to leave that at least a liiittle ambiguous.

Traps never come up because they are, for all intents and purposes, female. If they're doing it right, the only time you'll even notice their actual gender is if you feel something slapping against your balls while you give them an assful of cock. Sometimes not even then.

Sounds like it'll fit nicely with alot of corp work as a side into the restricted areas since disgruntled and fucked-with employees would be more willing to fuck with their bosses.

They will if it seems like it might contribute to determining whether it had anything to do with the break in that occurred the same night, especially if something was stolen or an attempt was made.

Prostitution isn't illegal in real-world America though, you fucking ignoramus. Or have you never heard of the entire state of Nevada?

>The entire state

>Prostitution is illegal in the following counties: Clark (which contains Las Vegas), Washoe (which contains Reno), Douglas, and Lincoln. Prostitution is also illegal in Nevada's capital, Carson City, an independent city. The rest of Nevada's counties are permitted by state law to license brothels, but only 8 counties have done so. As of August 2013, there are 19 brothels in Nevada.[1]
>Despite there being a legal option, the vast majority of prostitution in Nevada takes place illegally in Reno and Las Vegas.[2][3][4] About 66 times more money is spent by customers on illegal prostitution in Nevada than in the regulated brothels.[5]

>it's illegal at the county level, in some counties
>therefore it's illegal in the entire state!
Try to use that yawning chasm between your ears for something other than lint storage for once, dear.

Sexual Harassment can still get your ass fired even in the 6th world, but rarely is it because you were harassed more used as an excuse to get rid of employee's those at the top don't want in the company anymore.
Just look at what happened to that one Fox Exec. He had been accused of sexual harassment for years, but the only time they gained any traction was when Murdocs sons were looking to oust him from his position at Fox.

Nigga Wot, Nigga WOT, Did you even read the post he responded to saying that The entire state of nevada legalized prostitution. He just pointed out that No not the entire state, but only eight of its counties has.

There's like a handful of countries, fucko.

That said, he does have a point about escorts. Which are, for all intensive purposes, just modern courtesans and most of whom are down to fuck if you toss on some more dosh.

Did I hear talk of someone violating our corporate policy, as laid out in the handbook distributed to all corporate employees?

It would be a shame if HR needed to get...involved.

I didn't say it was illegal in the entire state, you said it was legal in the entire state. And you were wrong.

Try using the internet for something other than getting BTFO, faggot

In the context which he used it, he is correct in saying it is illegal because practically speaking people in the corporate world aren't flying to Nevada to find one of those 19 legal brothels - it's much, much easier to just harass your hot secretary in hopes that your leverage as her employer will protect you. The world of Shadowrun has far fewer restrictions on prostitution that makes it a much more feasible option for the middle manager in Delaware looking to blow off steam.

Of course, they'd harass their secretary anyway, because it's not just about easy access to sex. But he's right that it's illegal in the overwhelming majority of America which restricts access, a fact against which its technical legality in a handful of places is pedantic irrelevance.

Yeah, if anything it's an argument for allowing it on the down-low so it can be used against those people when the time is right. Like the way China's government and corporations are clown-show levels of corrupt so that every so often the new boss can take power and roll a bunch of old guard to show how they're tough on corruption (while replacing those guys with his own people).

>for all intensive purposes
INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS

What an intense post

who cares who exactly fucked her? once they've picked up a dozen murder charges what's one more capital crime?

>implying a middle-manager or higher can't slap the ass of a some nameless secretary or tell her to blow him or else she's canned
The rules only really apply when the victim either has status, rank, or some dirt that can be used to make the company look bad.

Otherwise, HR ain't going to give a shit about some wageslave getting diddled.

You have clearly never met an HR hardass, then. The picture of Commissar Fuklaw is not entirely inaccurate.

In general, corporations avoid bad publicity like the plague and sexual harassment riles people up too much.

>If the Shadowrun world is a near-future megacorporate dystopia, what checks exist to prevent massive sexual harassment in the workplace?
Literally none.

>Since corporations are above national law and have near-complete control over information and media, and have near-absolute leverage over their employees, what way is there to stop harassment unless someone higher up notices and takes offense?
Nothing. Literally nothing.

> Not to mention any SINless employees who are practically being paid under the table and are completely replaceable if they say no.
Yup, you're starting to get it.

> but they could absolutely cover it up and other corporations are unlikely to do anything about it unless it hurts their bottom line.
Yeah, they definitely could.

>You could argue that a corporation where abuse is rampant would not compete as effectively
Libertarian fairytales.

>Basically what's keeping Shadowrun from regressing back to a 50s-style work environment?
LITERALLY NOTHING
welcome to cyberpunk, retard.

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

They've got stock photos for everything.

The less realistic thing is that there would be alot of female shadowrunners, gangsters and other low-life criminal fighters. At least in the corporate world they've still got the vestiges and trappings of our times so they still have to LOOK like they care about rights and dignity, the SINless and other outcasts are basically living in a barbarian state of nature plus machine guns and magic. Women would be chattel protected by their male relatives like they are in poor communities around the real world not out running crime rings or dishing vigilante justice. If they did the sexual retribution would be horrifying.

Chill out, dude. Mistakes like that are a diamond dozen.

y u do dis

You little bastard.

>you are having a feel day
It's not a good feel day.

Oh deer God.

Well, uh...

You'd think in such a world we'd have heard of the sexual harassment angle earlier? It'd have more of an influence on society in the setting and move it further away from what we're familiar with now if women had to re-absorb the notion of their sexual subjugation to men? Seems like a big consequence they set up but don't want to address.

It's a concern in real-world business, where the government can step in and punish you for it. It wouldn't just go away in the future, especially not in a dystopian future where some businesses have sovereign authority on their property and thus the gubmint can't do shit about it.

>real world corporations
>SR corporations where that wageslave or a SINless worker can literally be killed and there will never be any recourse because no-one cares

Like, you're comparing wild cherries to maraschino cherries. They might technically be the same thing, but you would never guess it by taste or smell. The HR hardass in Shadowrun is just going to kill the employee that files the report, have the body dumped in the Waste Recycling vats, and tell everyone that Susan got transferred to the Tuscon campus.

Honestly, only used that pasta because I realized I never saved those shitty Diamond Dozen images tossed up in paint years ago on here.

These two have the right idea. And yeah, sexual retribution is a bitch. For those at the bottom of the gleaming towers in a cyberpunk dystopia, you're basically dealing with sub-Saharan Africa with cheaper guns, used chrome pulled from human chrome, and the law of the jungle ruling those without a pass into the false safety of the corporate cages.

It's still a PR concern. "Hey, I don't want to buy that corp's products, they're pro-rape."

Hell, they DO have internal courts.

Well yeah, a corp still does have ti deal with shit internally, but it's not like it's an invalid concern.

>implying anyone wants to be the one that writes a book for the family-friend cyberpunk but with orcs and dwarves and magic spells that detailed ganglang rape, corporate rape, sexual retribution, and female sexual subjugation

It's a topic that does come up in various aspects of cyberpunk, depending on the author. I mean, just look at Molly.

>I mean, just look at Molly.

Aw, shucks.

As long as we're talking about sexual humiliation in the Shadowrun setting, there's a concept I've been turning over in my head for a pastebin

Anyone remember that story from /wst/ where the runner fucks a shapeshifter while he's in dog form? I expected it to end a bit differently

>The lupine is pounding away at her from behind
>She’s about to cum
>The cops break in, shouting at them to get on the floor with their hands on their head
>The lupine’s still knotted to her, rendering them incapable of complying or fighting back
>He tries to shift and they slap a shock collar on him before he can move, zapping both of them
>The cops haul his smoking, unconscious body off her with an audible, painful ‘pop’ as he comes loose
>They try and fail not to laugh, think about having a turn themselves but decide against sloppy seconds after a mutt
>She ends up zapped, beaten and tossed naked and handcuffed in the dropship brig, on her way to interrogation
>The shapeshifter will be taken away and probably neutered or euthanized, assuming he doesn’t find a way out

>The footage of her being railed by a dog, shocked and arrested naked on all fours goes viral
>Her career as a runner is over, at best she might be able to find a future in porn fucking other shapeshifters after she gets out
>Some of her fellow prisoners have seen the video and decide to give her a head start on her new job
>After all, she’s already famous for being someone’s bitch

I would have written it already but I've never looked inside a Shadowrun rulebook or splat, let alone actually played it, so there's no way I'd be able to get any of the buzzwords or nadsat that they use right

Damnit Veeky Forums, now I want to see a corp sending their new intern, Mr. Johnson, to go broker a deal with some shadowrunners because they've used that crew in the past and everyone at the corp other than the interns knows that the crew has a razorgirl whose contractual demands will include "must be sexually harassed by a corporate employee before the job"

Just love the idea of an inexperienced young guy just trying to earn a salary groping a razorgirl a whole head taller than he is. Imagine him slipping a hand under her shirt only to have a couple of cyberblades engage (not actually where his hands are, but near enough to cause worry). She of course tells him to stop, reminds him that this is harassment... while bombarding his comlink with reminders that if he actually does stop she's going to tell his bosses who blew the deal.

Just imagine what happens if he's good at the job too. Next intern Johnson shows up, clueless as always, and gets back in a surprisingly good mood. His bosses assume something must be wrong so they ask what the razorgirl's contract stated.

>After the job she is to be supplied the matrix ID of the last Mr. Johnson to work with them.

wat

This. In a world where corporate competition is only barely restrained to the point that hiring Shadowrunners to sabotage the competition is expected and politely ignored so long as you can't prove who hired them, a disgruntled employee is a huge security risk too.

I'm afraid I'm not getting something here. What's the purpose of such an obligation? And is it implying the second Johnson actually fucked the razorgirl?