In Godbound, any non-divine character (mortal heroes, mortal wizards...

In Godbound, any non-divine character (mortal heroes, mortal wizards, mortal epic level 25 druids) is helpless against divine magic. They can't resist divine magic, they die automatically to divine disintegration, have no mean to resist divine mind-control, etc.

So even a level 1 Godbound can completely roll over even the strongest of mortal heroes.

Why is this allowed?

Have you tried playing D&D?

Because that's the game they wanted to make?

Sooooo they made it.

Because no amount of pushups can alter the fabric of your being?

Godbound sounds like it achieved the impossible of being Exalted with even worse mechanics.

Sounds reasonable. Not every game has to be D&D where an ordinary human can hope to become something that can challenge gods.

The information in the opening post is completely false.

Godbound goes from levels 1 to 10.

In Godbound, a "lesser foe" is any non-Godbound who has HD equal to or less than your level.

A "worthy foe" is any non-Godbound who has more HD than your level, or any Godbound.

Therefore, a level 1 Godbound treats all non-Godbound with 1 HD as lesser foes, and everyone else as worthy foes.

A level 10 (highest level) Godbound treats all non-Godbound with 10 HD or less as lesser foes, everyone else as worthy foes. This means that a maximum-level Godbound will always treat an 11 HD OSR character as a worthy foe.

Being a "worthy foe" entitles one to resistance against a Godbound's divine powers.

Source: Godbound PDF, page 18.

Hey now, stop letting facts get in the way of bitching and moaning.

>So even a level 1 Godbound can completely roll over even the strongest of mortal heroes.

Simple. It doesn't work this way. Those abilities usually only apply to Lesser Foes: enemies with Hit Dice less than or equal to their Levels, with the addendum that certain types of mighty foes (i.e. other Godbound) never count as Lesser Foes.

So, a level 1 Godbound can only use their abilities to trivialize 1 HD monsters or level 1 NPCs. The moment they go up against something with 2 HD, their enemies start getting saving throws to avoid their effects.

Now, the Gifts will still trivialize mortal *magic* - a Godbound with the Word of Fire will shrug off the fireballs of an archmage pyromancer and punch through their protective wards like they weren't there with their attacks - but they won't trivialize the mortals themselves. A Level 1 Godbound fighting a Level 10 mortal Archmage will have a significant fight on their hands.

Thanks for doing this so I wont have to.

So, a Godbound is allowed to trade one of their facts in for an Artifact worth 8 Dominion or less, right? Does that also apply to Godstriders, or Godstrider production facilities?

It is also worth noting the power scale involved here. According to page 154 of Godbound:
>Grizzled veterans of savage political maneuvering or scarred warrior-kings raised to the throne on the point of their swords, however, might have as many as seven or eight hit dice.
>Major heroes are among the mightiest warriors of a nation, and can possibly overcome a novice Godbound if their target isn't well-made for war.

Major heroes have 8 HD. Thus, the greatest heroes of a nation will have, at most, 8 HD.

According to page 166, a "great hero of the land" has 12 HD, so the greatest heroes of an entire continent can withstand the powers of a maximum-level Godbound, though they will not necessarily be able to withstand the Godbound themselves.

Because the whole point of God bound is the God bound are imbued with the power of Creation and Divine might beyond what mortals could hope to use.

It's like expecting a level 1 Fighter to resist a Divine spell attack from a level 25 Cleric.

The rules in pages 14 and 177 for starting with an artifact specifically refer to artifacts.

Godwalkers are not artifacts, and indeed, the word "artifact" appears not a single time in the godwalker section.

I've actually repeatedly heard it described as "Exalted with better mechanics."

Never played either of them, though.

>Exalted with better mechanics

It's literally just a badly designed Pathfinder class.

Hey, what's the most ridiculous combat build you can think of to make right from the start of the game?

It seemed kind of thin to me. I don't want E3's 8 billion charms, but a few more interesting abilities would have been nice. I didn't hate it, but I recall feeling just sort of generally underwhelmed. Also the setting sounds cool at a distance but is (at least to me) the bad kind of goofy up close.

It's magitech. They had full on companies and factories set up to break down heaven's gate and now everyone's a filthy dirty peasant because of a religious war to replace a MIA God.

Mortals can't defy the Gods, you say?

>Im-fucking-plying
There is no possible way Guts qualifies for anything less than 8 HD.

deicide is, and has always been, the only answer

>pinch of land
Is this meant to be patch?

>When the cutesy forest spirit tries to charm the mighty human warrior but her spells keep failing
>The human warrior's gets increasingly confused as he tries to figure out why the cutesy forest spirit is yelling insults at him

Sounds cute desu.

Maybe they mean a very small patch

Godbound is well-balanced enough a game that I cannot see any one "best" combat build at level 1. There are multiple "axes" for combat styles:

Axis #1:
Melee ranged extremely long ranged extremely long ranged through solid cover

Axis #2:
Killing single-target worthy foes killing multiple lesser foes

Axis #3:
Glass cannon good survival

A None Beyond Reach/Inexorable Shaft/Creation's First Light sniper is very different from a Loosening God's Teeth/Steel Without End/Name Their Doom melee warrior.