Age of Sigmar General AoSG

>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

Tzeentch update when edition...

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

>Old Thread
When are we getting the new Lord of Change Model? I want to warp some serious ass!
>TFW Tzeentch is all based on summoning and spawning new units and becomes shit with points like Nagash's undead palooza.

he also has the same artifact twice

You can use the same one twice on two separate heroes. The limitation is that one hero can only have a single artifact.

you're right my bad

So I have a question,

I have a friend getting into Age of Sigmar

He wants to do a kind of "Walking Zoo" army out of destruction in which an Ogre Warboss is the ring leader and the army had a bunch of captured beasts he tours around the realms, letting them eat villages and enemy armies as he goes.

So we were wondering how to make this list work? If he goes Beastclaw Raiders he gets the two monsters as Battleline, does that mean that they don't count towards the Behemoth number in Pitched battle and can he then use the spare behemoth spots for more monsters or is it more useful just going for a diverse amount of monsters and having a few grot squads as battleline for his army, the Orge as ringmaster and the rest being his "Exhibits".

His plans are

Ringmaster: Ogre Tyrant modeled with hat and chair like a lion tamer

And the exhibits:
Stonehorn as the lion
Thundertusk as the elephant
Firebreather is a Firebelly
The Bearded woman as a single Maneater
"The Worlds Strongest Man" which is made from an Aleguzzler Gargant
An Arachnarok with the grots on top made to look like clowns
A Butcher with Great Caldron that looks like a hot dog salesman.
The other Grots become the audience on his display board, which he makes look like a poorly made circus.

How should he best plan for this idea based on the GHB?

With a list like that, he won't get beastclaw allegiance though. It has to be made up of *only* beastclaw units then. That limits his choices to: stonehorn, mournfangs, saber cats, hunter, thundertusk and yheetees. What you have there is a mixed destruction list. Will still probably do well, but it's a mix of beastclaw, gutbusters, spiderfang, firebellies, maneaters and gargants. So no single allegiance bonuses.

Being battleline doesn't mean a unit bypasses being a behemoth (or leader, artillery), it just means it also helps fulfill the battleline requirement for the army.

So the more behemoths he wants, the bigger his list needs to be. 2 at 1kpts, 4 at 2kpts and 5 at 2.5kpts.

What you guys workin on?

Here's my first model (well i got bored cause it took fuckin hours so i just painted some archers but they look shit so heres half a horse)

What said. You have to go mixed

But also fit Mangle Squigs in there... they are fantastic and would look hilarious in clown make up.

I love these kinds of "Themed armies". It reminds me of an Orks and Goblins army I once saw where the models were painted and modeled with instruments and set up on a board to look like an orchestra. It was funny as shit.

That blending is fantastic user... Keep up the good work!

Something like this? Funny stuff.

My bad, the way 1d4chan wrote it made me think each engine coven was a battalion.

HOLY SHIT THAT IS IT! I fucking saw that at the Conflict GT! Are you the owner because then you are much based!

The carrot Knight.

Ahh, nope sorry. Just did a gis for orc and goblin orchestra. It's from the Crossroads whfb GT apparently. It features in a dakka thread.

On the plus side, Destruction's abilities are quite good so it's still pretty viable.

THIS is a carrot knight!

ITT make concepts as to how to implement various deleted factions back into the setting.

How would you re add the following back into the setting in a way that doesn't flat out fuck the established order.

Brettonia

Tomb Kings

Wood Elves

How would you re-implement them into the setting? What kind of gimmick would they have on table (like Sylvanneth have woods), what would be a unique new unit/ redone unit be that they would have released for their battletome and what would the basics of their fluff be?

Lets hear some ideas Veeky Forums?

>bretonnia
just a generic enclave of order aligned humans in one of the mortal realms that has knights
>tomb kings
setrra is reformed somehow and sets out to fuck up nagash
>wood elves
they still exist ?

I still like the animated constructs death faction idea.

They'd be led by Settra, now in a new constructed body and be anti-Nagash.

Brets are part of the free people, living out the traditions of the past, tomb kimgs are still in fluff, if not in models, with ushabti and chariots being mentioned, and someone called the Crimson Monarch killing ogres and putting their heads on his chariots. Wood elves are straight ported as Wanderers.

Seriously, I said it the other day, Tomb Kings are coming back next year as a Forgeworld army.

Brets too.

Thinking of getting into AoS. Is the starter kit worth getting?

Was going to collect Khorne, since they seem to be the main edgy villain.

Would be good. I just rediscovered my bret boner.

Get a start collecting box bro. Best deals GW has ever released.

>Brettonia
That realm all those Bretonnian souls were send to was not destroyed after all, and now the Knights of old ride forth on a glorious crusade of vengeance.

>Tomb Kings
Mighty Settra survived the ravages of the End Times and ends up in Hysh. Now a glorious King of Light, he rebuilds his mighty armies before setting out to the realm of death out to fulfill an ancient promise made to its ruler.

>Wood Elves
As I recall they still exist, but I'd have them be re-integrated into the Sylvaneth armies proper.

But Alarielle doesn't want them. That's part of Wanderer fluff. They failed to show up for the War of Life, and she laid down the banhammer and got mad.

>Those WEs
No they didn't help their Treebros, so fuck them
Either they need to be just a bunch of wanderers or merge with the other 2 elven factions

Where's the source for this?

When has forge world said they are doing Tomb kings or bretonia ?

More like estranged relatives really.

This sounds fucking awesome desu

>Brettonia

If I recall "The Lady" claimed their souls during the end times right and that power passed to Alarielle? If that is the case I would totally do them as follows.

>Over the next year have Allariele observe how Sigmar has claimed the greatest of Humanities hero's for his Stormcast.
>Have her show humorous contempt when that idea is brought up.
>Let her mention once that she "knew what true heroism once was".
>After a future Realmgate wars book ends in a major upset and defeat for the stormcasts and Sigmar have her vent her frustration at the God King, claiming that "war and a pursuit of only victory is blinding him"or that he "is forgetting his purpose".
>Before leaving Alarielle claims she will remind frail mankind and Sigmar himself of "the glories of old".
>Have her sing a new song over the mortal realms one as ancient as the world that was, drawing the attention of those that remember the old world.
>When she finished write that she has planted a unique seed "in the hearts of men". One that will remind Sigmar of the hope he must stand for.
>End that book with young men of many lowly stations, yet with noble heart and purpose being called into forests by a sweet song and visions of a beautiful maiden.

Fast forward a month or two and release Battletome: Knights of the Lady in time for the next realmgate wars book. The book will be similar in vein to the Everchosen book, in that it will feature only three new units. One super cavalry unit like the Varanguard, one support wizard, and a powerful new hero choice.

>cont...

>cont...

Knights of the Lady: An Order version of super cavalry in the style of the Varanguard. Absolutely stunning and beautiful Knights that would be sold in boxes of three. Think the most king Arthur style knights you can think of. Have their rules and fluff act like that of the Green Knight, appearing from the mists and riding forth to strike the enemy. They would be able to be held in reserve and ride from a realm gate or a side edge of a table if wanted to represent their uncounted arrival. Also some rule allowing them to move out of combat like a retreat, except through the enemy unit and then still be able to charge, as long as they dont charge the unit they just moved away from to represent their more mystic nature and give their lances more work.
> They were born from the song of Chivalry and are living representatives of honor and glory.
> Are made from the noble of current mankind, not reforged souls of the dead.
> Appear from the mists on noble crusades against the dark and unjust.
> Swear to defend the lowly and weak, those too small for even Sigmar to notice.
> Small in number but the strongest of mortal souls
> Each crusade, a full unit of 12, is led by a Knight of the Round, the nobels that gather deep within a forgotten castle in Hysh to discuss their actions
> Advised by the Ladies of Alarielle, a small order of wizards wielding light magic and tasked with rebuilding hope in the people.
> While appearing to fight besides the Stormcast at times they are not a member of Sigmar's armies and fight for their own goals.
> Lands they defend adopt Chivalry and come to seek honor above all.

Lady of Alarielle: A beautiful maiden wizard model mounted on a unicorn. Designed with buffs for Free Peoples and the Knights get buffs if they can see her.

>cont...

Knight of the Round: A powerful lord of light. Very strong statline and able to take a vow each game that give different rules for them and their Knight units.

In pitched battles they would be 360 for 3 Knights and would only be taken as a unique unit. Only one Knight Squad per army usually with the option of taking Knight's of the Round. The first Lord buffs your first Knight unit, the Second Lord gives you access to another unit of Knights. So you could always take one unit of Knights, but to unlock a second you would need to take a Lord of the Round for your current unit, a Lord of the Round for the second unit and then the second unit which can take a different vow and buffs with their Lord.

Then write about how they reinspire Sigmar and the Stormcast, illuminating the world with their victories.

sounds horrible and completely different from the the old bretonnia at that

I'm kinda stuck... I really like beastmen, but I also like Brettonia. I wrote some lore for a beastmen Brayherd (Using fantasy lore, my group hates the AOS lore so they just use the rules but fantasy lore) but am having doubts. Anyone able to remedy this?

While not sold on the story so much, the idea of a Varanguard scale box of Brettonian Knights, all lavished with detail and powerful rules would be the tits.

Tomb kings would have been fine if they had just rolled the archers and chariots and cavalry into death rattle and then made a new reanimants faction for the constructs. The call of archaon series one of the champions fight against necrosphinxes so they must still he used by somebody

screw the haters man, that's an army I would play and fluff I'd be proud to annoy my girlfriend with.

If you had to make a brand new faction for a Grand Alliance, what would it be?

My suggestion would be the Amazons for Destruction, or at least a feral human faction that worships Gorkamorka

Yo. I was starting an ogor army like this.
Like w circus.

The Lady actually exists and she rides a giant beetle. Knightly charge next to a wave of ents. Would have battalions that allow them to ally with Sylvaneth.

Also the Green Knight makes a reappearance

I'm looking at starting a small Skaven force for AoS based around Clan Skyre. Are the most recent rules/warscrolls for non-Pestilens units still the legacy ones, or is there a newer book somewhere?

I've looked around in the Mega resource, but haven't found any other rules sources for the Skaven - apart from the General's Handbook of course, but that only lists points values.

Also on that note, are Clanrats and Stormvermin still max unit size or bust? And Why aren't Skavenslaves in the General's Handbook, have they been removed?

Cheers in advance.

Are the ones on the unit pages legacy? If not, those are newer.

Each unit listed on the webstore has a newer warscroll you can download. Everything else is in the old black and white skaven warscroll compendium

Skaven slaves are in the ghb, just look in the compendiums section in the back. That's where they put the points for all the discontinued models.

Mad Scientist Necromancers from Chamon.

I'm talking Frankenstein horror themed in which units look stitched together and have magiteck built into them.

Basically the crazy division of Nagash's servants, tasked with mending flesh and magiteck to create the ultimate undead abominations.

The Mad scientists labor long and hard, each seeking to out do the other in a race to give life to the perfect undead abominations.

Mechanics wise they would be about making unique and crazy combinations of monsters and people.

Werewolves, Frankenstein's monsters, zombies, half spiders and corpse abominations (The monster kit of a million options) would all be very interesting types of creatures they could fashion and use. Send out their forces from their laboratories to "test" on the living.

The only challenge would be to make them mechanically different enough from some of the Skaven monstrosities that Clan Skryre and Moulder uses but with enough Frankenstein inspiration it could be fantastic.

So if there's a legacy warscroll and an updated warscroll, we can choose to use the legacy one right?

I want my useful warrior priests

According to the FAQ yes, you can choose to use either. Just use the points for the updated warscroll in the GHB. But you choose to use the whole warscroll, you can't pick and choose which parts you want from either. This may mean that some of the keywords change and some of the keyword synergy for some of them disappears.

>legacy warscroll and an updated warscroll, we can choose to use the legacy one right?

For open play, yes. Matched game, no.

>The Lady actually exists and she rides a giant beetle.
Why are you making stuff up.

The lady turned out to be Lileath. Not Isha, or Ariel, or Alliralli. Right now, Lileath has no part in AoS (Although I can see her having some form of reference or return with the Elves, seeing as trickery was her thing).

Ofcourse you can choose to use the legacy war scroll in matched don't be fucking dumb

It is less "she doesn't want them" and more she doesn't feel kinship with Elves anymore, and the Wood Elves themselves feel they are not worthy of the Sylvaneths forgiveness.

> think of a way to get discontinued back in the game

Guy posts suggestion

> wtf stop making stuff up

I am an idiot. This is why you shouldn't read threads backwards "just to catch up".

That being said, I do think Lileath will be coming back with the normal Elves, since that Mistweaver in the Silver Tower box looks right up her ally.

>choose to use the legacy war scroll in matched

I know they FAQ about legacy warscrolls, but the GHB FAQ say nothing about that.

Why don't you ask da question on FB? I can't access FB atm, you know.

Eh, the Lady or her sister, all these elven gods look alike

>and the Wood Elves themselves feel they are not worthy of the Sylvaneths forgiveness.
Okay I'll admit, that does sound very Wood Elf.

My guess is that the kits were taken down so they can redo the finecast molds as plastic and do a full rerelease

Good day Veeky Forums So I normally play generic chaos but have recently gotten a couple of boxes of Varanguard and am really enjoying painting these guys. So when they are done I want to try setting them loose of my tables, the problem is they are insanely expensive and eat all of my points up. So I have been trying to think of ways to make them work via mass buffs.

The idea with this list is use the Bloodsecrators to give the Varanguard multiple extra attacks and prevent battleshock for the buffed reavers and Blood warriors led by the attack generating Aspiring Deathbringers, which tie up units for the Varanguard, or Archaon to finish at their leisure.

Archaon and the Varanguard can easily get +2 Attacks and the Blood warriors can easily climb to 6 attacks a pop with the Aspiring Deathbringers swinging at 14 attacks each when swinging next to each other under the banners.

Basically form a giant army grinder and get stuck in the middle.

LEADERS:
Archaon The Everchosen (320)

Bloodsecrator (120)

Bloodsecrator (120)

Aspiring Deathbringer (80)
- Goreaxe and Skullhammer

Aspiring Deathbringer (80)
- Goreaxe and Skullhammer

UNITS
Varanguard x 6 (720)

Blood Warriors x 5 (100)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
- Goreglaive : 0

Blood Warriors x 15 (300)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
- Goreglaive : 0

Bloodreavers x 20 (120)
- Reaver Blades

Bloodreavers x 20 (120)
- Reaver Blades

The question I have is how potent does this look. I normally only play at 1500pts and so I'm not sure if it brought enough bodies or is too "all the eggs in one basket" with the 700pts in the Varanguard.

What do you guys think?

Whoops the 15 man Blood warrior unit is meant to be 10...

Thanks for the answers.

Here's my 1,000pt probably shit list that I've thrown together, r8ings would be very much appreciated:

>Leader:
>Arch-Warlock - 140pts

>Battleline:
>Clanrats x30 w/spears + shields - 180pts
>Clanrats x30 w/blades + shields - 180pts

>Artillery:
>Warp Lightning Cannon - 180pts

>Behemoths:
>Doomwheel - 140pts

>Other:
>Ratling Gun Team x2 -160pts

>Total: 980pts

Fun/10

Not a cheesy mortal wound spam skaven list so I'd love to play against it

Sounds cool, would enjoy playing against.

Shit that is a lot of attacks, but your relying ALOT on those Bloodsecrators planting at the right time. One good charge from the opponent before the you can plant can see the bloodreavers disappear in a turn or two. But those Varanguard will defiantly kill whatever they hit first if you give them the spears for that initial impact.

>Battletome: Knights of the Sanctuary

>whole army of green knight esque Bretonnians who appear out of terrain and rescue people in need
>like Legion of the Damned but not edgy

Alright, so here's what I'm thinking of for Bretonnians. I never got round to playing them much in fantasy, and AoS has rekindled my love for the sword and shield stuff.

>1980 Points Bretonnia

>King Louen Leoncoeur - 400
>The Fay Enchantress - 160
>Lord on Pegasus - 140
>Paladin Standard Bearer
>Damsel of the Lady

>8x Knights of the Realm
>8x Knights of the Realm
>8x Knights of the Realm
>8x Knights Errant
>3x Pegasus Knights

>Defender of the Realm Battalion

I realise it's probably worse than Peasant/Trebuchet spam, but zeal and chivalry are what Bretonnians embody. Thoughts?

Downright Chivalric

You lose out on so many buffs only taking them in units of 8

Plus why do you need a paladin standard bearer if you have king leon

So im going to be buying the Start Collecting Slaves to Darkness box to get into the game, but what should I buy to expand on it?

Is the Lord Heldraths Chaos Deathtide box worth getting?

Required for the Battalion.

Yeah, but units of 16 get very expensive, would require dropping Louen and the Fay.

I'm hard, could be cool to expand Deathwalker with that stuff. I hope that they focus on expanding factions with a small amount of units, rather than creating new ones entirely.

The grand alliance Chaos has all the warscrolls, and the details for the Clan Skryre battalion

Anyone care for chaos dwarfs here? Been making some lists recently. Would like to run 4 magmas at 2k but I don't think I want to buy that many.

1k:
Shar'tor 240
Bull centaur taur'uk 180 (general, dark avenger, +1 att sword)
Demonsmith 100

10 fireglaves 100
10 fireglaves 100

2 magma cannons 280

And at 2k adding:

Darzhoath 380
20 infernal guard 200
10 fireglaves 100
6 bull centaurs 320

>shar'tor

every time.

It's a shit battalion

Shitting on edgy things is pretty edgy in itself.

Are you being retarded for the sake of being retarded?

I don't shit on edginess, I let it wilt in the radiance of purity

All I think of is a Geralf stitched together force from Innistrad. I could see so many crazy shit for these guys.

Hell the lore could be hilariously dark, like harnessing the power of Sigmar's thunderbolts and storms has supercharged their flesh laboratories and they constantly need to keep up with the energy spikes, leading them out into the wider realms to seek bodies and rare resources and materials.

Factories full of machinery that intakes certain bodies and spits out new monstrosities.

Bonuses based on the sheer number of slain models.

The zombies are the villagers of the surrounding towns, working the machines of industry one would find in Chamon, the factories of fleshwork and the crazy laboratories where all the inventing happens.

The Abomination kit could be a bits wonderland that can make hundreds of different combinations.

It wouldn't even be that hard to make.

Zombies and Frankenbodies would be battleline, Werefleshers would be the fast cav unit, the abomination would be the monster for the release.

A special Leader version of the Werefleshers (The Wereflesher Alpha) and the Frankenbodies (Better Brain Frankenbody) to allow battalions themed around the unit types.

The only kits I would release would be:

Wereflesher (werewolves)/ Frankenbodies kit like the Crypt Horrors/ Crypt Flayers.

Zombies repackaged in boxes of 20

The Fleshpatch Abomination which is a behemoth model with a huge amount of bits to allow maximum customizability.

A blister of a Mad Doctor and his Ghoul henchmen or a Mad Doctor Riding a giant flesh monster to better observe his creations running amok.

Then just add a few battalions:

Wereflesher moonpack
FrankenGuard
Specimen Collection Force (Mix of both)
The Mad Doctor's Masterpieces (3 Abominations)

It could totally be an interesting faction for Death, and can easily be dark or humorous as need be. Don't want to hijack your idea user, but it sounds pretty clever.

Hey /AOSG/ here's a rules question:

Skullreapers have a rule that states the following:
>When a model attacks with a Daemonblade or Soultearer, and the hit roll is 6 or higher, the daemon bound inside the blade awakens. If that attack's wound roll is successful, then the target suffers a mortal wound in addition to any other damage. If the wound roll is a 1, the attacking unit suffers a mortal wound instead!

Now does this mean all wound rolls of 1 inflict a mortal wound on the Skullreapers? Or is it only the wound rolls of 1 for dice that rolled 6 to hit?
The order it's written makes it unclear to me, but I might just be an idiot. What do you anons think?

>If that attack's wound roll

Its only on the 6s as they specify "That attack" .

You 3-4 attacks, 2 of them are 6s, THOSE attacks only smack you if their wound rolls are 1s

This guy Has it right

Also don't take daemon blades, they suck on them anyway

>Or is it only the wound rolls of 1 for dice that rolled 6 to hit?
That one

That's pretty edgy, dude.

Local shop is having some discounts on GW stuff, I saw these and remembered you guys were talking about how fast they were.
So, fuck it, I bought them!

>Anything I should be aware of?
>Suggestions on the color scheme?

I see you can build two smaller chariot instead of the big one with the same box. And there is a third weird kind of chariot I didn't even know it existed.

>What to build?

It's my Orruk roaster on 1000 points:
- Megaboss
- Warchanter
- 10 Ardboyz
- 10 Brutes
- 3 Gore-Gruntas
- IronFist formation

Is it possible to win The Empire with this roaster or i need to change something?

right people. Armies on parade talk quickly. I have an army of ironjaws fully painted (posted em here a few threads ago, the bone scheme which sparked an argument of tigrex vs mawkrusha)

Now i would like to make a board while saying suck it to everyone else. Everyone else is buying either gw boards or ndf and etc. Could i get away with using carboard and cork? (using a age of sigmar starter set box + others to make it 24x24.

Theme would be very simple irnojawz walking through a muddy plain with rubble everywhere (made of cork)

would it work?

I'd suggest something more solid than cardboard as the flooring, but otherwise yeah. Cardboard doesn't last long, but for a temporary parade board it should be fine/

Thank you kind sirs.

Why do they suck? Just the hit difference? It won't really help me here as I got the unit secondhand and it's already built with them, but I'm curious if gore slick blades and spine cleaver are that much better for future units. They definitely look better on the model. I can't say I'm much of a fan of the gribbly weapons desu

PAINT THE CHARIOT BEFORE ASSEMBLING.

Seriously, so many people have got that wrong.

Depends. Is he bringing cannons? Because those are going to fuck over your Brutses and Gruntas like no tomorrow. If not, then you're good.

Can i do something with his cannons?

So I want to add some ranged support to my Stormcast, but everything is either too costly or needs support from its own allegiance. What should I consider?

I usually hate this, but I can confirm that painting these things is an absolute clusterfuck if it's fully assembled. I have 3 and have never finished them because of how shitty it is to work on.
Perhaps painting first might be worth it.
Also, get ready to scrape a shit ton of mold lines.

I've never successfully used chariots in a game yet (since unpainted), but seekers are fun. They are stupid fast for sure. They can dish out a decent number of attacks, but aren't tremendously durable, so make sure to use your speed to charge on your terms.

That's fine, I shouldn't have said suck. They're okay.

Aside from the usual get there as fast as possible, not really no. Cannons have a high rend and damage potential, while Ironjawz lack significant ranged or sneaky units to deal with them.

The more hits you make with the Gore-Slicked blades will always translate to more damage then the Deamon blades ever would with the 6s.

Khorne right now is all about taking units and Spamming extra attack buffs through the nose until you have 6-8 attack monsters hitting and wounding on 3s and you out damage everything that you hit. Going for the burst damage over survivability.

You want to make sure you get the most amount of hits as possible with these guys and let their 3+ wounds lead to a ton of saves for the opponent.

Add to that Trial of Skulls and these guys should be devouring basic troopers and building their buffs to go ham on the bigger shit your opponent is packing.