Accidental Magical Girl CYOA

Welcome to the Accidental Magical Girl thread!

Various worlds and multiverses have become connected together via the mysterious Overcity, a sprawling landscape inhabited by monsters and magical beings. Girls and boys endowed with their new supernatural powers can work together solving conflicts that arise!

>This is NOT a greentext adventure style CYOA with one GM and thread posting to dictate the adventure, but rather a hub thread for multiple storycrafters to use.
A majority of activity (including campaigns) instead happens in the Discord, which is open for newbies to join.
Characters can be rolled with the CYOA's purple PDF, and the Supplementary Combat System can be used for campaigns and PNP.

Post builds, roleplay, write stuff.

1.51 CHANGELOG (Important if you intend to update a character that was created with the CYOA writing prompt in mind): pastebin.com/ub28mT8t

Character Archive:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ugcJa0fs2KkZ-oXy7kexzqAySUzsbUJ42GydS_kV_w/
Add your character here!

RPNP Stuff:
IRC Linkboard:
titanpad.com/RWlqAHmERq
Spec Trees (spells for all 19 normal Specializations, updated often):
titanpad.com/FUjuIO6cfH

IRC on Rizon:
OOC Chat: #MGCYOA
IC Campaigns: #MGChronicle #MGPnP #Overcity
IC Shenanigans: #TheWand&Circlet #MGCafe
IC School: #MGSchool or #MGClass
rizon.net/chat

CYOA Stuff:
Writefag Archive: pastebin.com/rSvTGQzP
Magical Girl Images (updated 02/26/16): mega.nz/#F!xINWxCqY!HsVA2LnU9RDMMmZieoqv9w

The Discord Server for Roleplaying and Campaigns
discord gg/Zts2D

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/sHda5hTD
orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps
mega.nz/#F!b58XRCQL!z50OFF70hX_OsfPpBMgCJQ
dropbox.com/sh/hzcmi8mwy455ydm/AACCowTNhIZ_Nni1zXpQgpBma?dl=0
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/
pastebin.com/jCStZAqq
drive.google.com/open?id=11e88asWSMIIxB-iX7c5QX1j6pRcXWXAg0DTrLuOGVWo
pastebin.com/ub28mT8t
pastebin.com/rSvTGQzP
mega.nz/#F!xINWxCqY!HsVA2LnU9RDMMmZieoqv9w
rizon.net/chat
discord
titanpad.com/5Ua6aHmT46
titanpad.com/TunerReplacement
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The new thread is already up
Don't get the general deleted for spam.

The CYOA's Patron Module, which determines just who bestows your character's magical abilities. But be wary, for not all of these patrons are after your best interests...

This PDF is for AMGC 1.131, used for PnP in the IRC.
>Features 10 additional powers and 20 extra perks, as well as combat actions, point buy, and more.

AMGC 1.131 CHANGELOG: pastebin.com/sHda5hTD

>Character generator for AMGC, made by Doxy using RandomGen by Orteil.
Just one click and your mahou will be finished!
orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps

>Add-Ons to AMGC Core including the Corruption, Fusion, and Puchuu docs, now in one semi-convenient spot!
mega.nz/#F!b58XRCQL!z50OFF70hX_OsfPpBMgCJQ
dropbox.com/sh/hzcmi8mwy455ydm/AACCowTNhIZ_Nni1zXpQgpBma?dl=0

>Character sharing thing made by emperor_
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/

Magic overhaul by Drakon in progress. Teaser located here: pastebin.com/jCStZAqq

>Torque's Google Docs Character Sheet
drive.google.com/open?id=11e88asWSMIIxB-iX7c5QX1j6pRcXWXAg0DTrLuOGVWo

SCS Core Rulebook for use with the CYOA.

SCS supplement covering Patrons, Fusion, Dark Magical Girls, Monster Girls (Natural and Corrupted), and a few monsters.

Updated. The bestiary has been expanded to include a number of additional monsters, and there have been a number of clarifications and patches for the core rulebook as well.

The thread's OP was hijacked in the same way as the past thread's was. This OP includes all previously presented systems, IRC information as well as Discord community. Stop perpetuating this favoritism crap.

Corruption Module, for mechanics of a monstrous nature.

Rolled 1, 1, 3, 2, 1, 1, 3, 1, 9, 2, 3 = 27 (11d10)

Fusion, for magical girls that are truly inseparable. At least, as long as the fusion lasts.

And lastly, the Puchuu Expansion, for the myriad creatures that seek to instruct or command most magical girls.

Rolled 14, 10, 15, 7, 8, 19, 15, 18, 9, 13, 16, 8 = 152 (12d20)

Anyway, it's been forever. And I kinda purged most of my existing characters a while back. So let's see what I get.

Welcome to the Accidental Magical Girl thread!

Various worlds and multiverses have become connected together via the mysterious Overcity, a sprawling landscape inhabited by monsters and magical beings. Girls and boys endowed with their new supernatural powers can work together solving conflicts that arise!

>This is NOT a greentext adventure style CYOA with one GM and thread posting to dictate the adventure, but rather a hub thread for multiple storycrafters to use. A majority of activity (including campaigns) instead happens in the IRC, which is open for newbies to join. Some players have split off and created a Discord server which can be used for the same purpose.
This thread houses three systems: First, QuasarBlack's CYOA PDFs which may be used as writing prompts. Second, AMGC which expands on the CYOA character creation and provides rules for combat. Finally, the SCS is an alternative to AMGC with a similar purpose. IRC uses mostly AMGC and Discord uses SCS.

Post builds, roleplay, write stuff.

1.51 CHANGELOG (Important if you intend to update a character that was created with the CYOA writing prompt in mind): pastebin.com/ub28mT8t

CYOA Stuff:
Writefag Archive: pastebin.com/rSvTGQzP
Magical Girl Images (updated 02/26/16): mega.nz/#F!xINWxCqY!HsVA2LnU9RDMMmZieoqv9w

IRC Channels on Rizon:
OOC Chat: #MGCYOA
IC Campaigns: #MGChronicle #MGPnP #Overcity
IC Shenanigans: #TheWand&Circlet #MGCafe
IC School: #MGSchool #MGClass
rizon.net/chat

Discord Server:
discord gg/Zts2D

Last thread

Average (+1 AGI)

Water (+2 AGI, +1 VIT, +1 MAG)

Ranged (+1 AGI)

Flowing (+1 STR)

Tentacles (+1 AGI)

Monstrous Metamorphosis

Purification Artifact (+1 MAG)

Big Damn Hero (+1 MAG)

Masculinity (+1 LCK)

Super Map (+1 LCK)

Defender (+1 VIT)

Stats:

STR: 4+1
AGI: 4+2+1+1+1+4(G)+2(S)+2(S)=17
MAG: 4+1+1+1+2(S)+1(B)+1(B)=11
VIT: 4+1+1=6
LCK: 4+1+1+1(B)+1(B)=8

I still really hate the idea of Masculinity as a perk. I shouldn't need a perk to have a penis. That isn't a perk at all! Well, I suppose it is, I can pee while standing up at least. Oh well, it is called Accidental Magical GIRL for a reason after all.

Welllp, I'm sorry for McFucking Up thread's OP there... it should be changed to this one Beside today's post drunken weekend screw ups, anyone thought about arranging a poll regarding 'lore' preferences? Overcity, Noble Bright vs Grim Dark, continuity, the 'death and rebirth' debate, stuff like that? Might be nifty to set some core posits in stone, unless full genre freeform prevails?

Re-post of TEASERS for spell list revamp

Probably best we keep to Full Genre Freeformness. It might create problems for stuff like Pub, but honestly comparing and contrasting inter-universal rules is entertaining to roleplay.

>Noble Bright vs Grim Dark
Where is my Noble Dark? Where is my shining sun after the fierce thunderstorm?

Keeping it free form is why there are so many arguments, at least hashing out some quick "this is how things work" but without going into explicit details could work.

>You're a magical girl
>Figure out the world that fits the fluff and the character perks you rolled.
This ain't hard.

'Tis all in between and delicious Noble Dark's delicious~ Might be a good enough of a compromise, but 's right too about keeping the multiverse fresh... 's kinda DM's call too to set up the general mood... Things like setting up a guideline for 'death' -- y'know, finally striking the chord between CYOA's rebirth cycles and practicalities of "how long should players wait when their soul jarred PC puppets get shredded, without bringing out disputes. Stuff like that, lads.

maybe it's just my edgy 12 year old sonic fanfiction writer tryin' to creep out, but i've always imagined that coming back from a soul jar is a gruesome, scarring experience. what could be worse than feeling your own body slowly regenerate from nothing?

From CYOA:
>Soul Jar: Your body is a puppet controlled by your soul which is contained in a breakable
handheld object. Keep it safe, because destroying it will instantly kill you. Keep the jar near by,
as your control weakens with distance. At 10 miles you begin to lose fine control of your body and at 20 you can only moan and shuffle like a zombie. Being dimensionally seperated from your jar also causes complete loss of fine control. Keep your body in good working order too – you can still force it to move while it's injured beyond repair, but it's much harder, and if your body is obviously dead, you might be mistaken for a vampire or zombie. You will never die from bodily damage. If your body is destroyed but your gem is intact, you can recreate a new body in around a month - far faster than rebirthing yourself entirely.

Mayhaps it's scarring... but physical or mental, that's the question... It seems to be written out as 'puppeteering' and that one can seemingly 'keep moving' even when your 'body' is gruesomely shredded or even 'dead'. Bodily damage can't destroy it... same with asphyxiation ('dead'? granted, what happens next?) A 'dead' body might start to decompose until puppet is nothing more than dirt, and soul jar is 'forced' to recreate a new body? Can it be triggered by your soul from the jar on command?).

This can be taken in different direction... what's clearly RAW'd there is that it takes around an in-game month to recreate one's body -- which would take approximately the same amount of downtime IRL, if someone manages to save/bring the soul jar back with them... or it was hidden somewhere near the death's site.

To QB: there's a typo in that seperated~.

What could be worse, you ask?
One could certainly argue that being (at least sort of) conscious during the regeneration would hurt, but I'd say there are worse alternatives.

Imagine you are unable to feel anything at all from the process, nor even perceive your surroundings. You face total sensory deprivation and isolation, quite possibly losing the ability to keep track of time in the process. A month is a long time to wait, especially when you can't track the days.

If you were among your allies when you died, you might have no idea whether they survived whatever it was that killed you. Maybe they lived and saved your soul jar, but how can you be sure? You may have been captured by an enemy, or even left behind. The latter would almost surely be out of necessity, assuming you trusted them enough that they knew about the soul jar. Even so, surely your friends wouldn't do that... would they?

If this is the first time you've died, you might be questioning it a great deal. Did the soul jar actually work or is this just what death is like? If it broke, would you even be able to tell?

Good answers, creepy answers, and man I'm glad my soul jar character picks enough fights for this to matter.

This one here... this one here's a good one. I haven't much thought about the soul jar in particular, but I've had something like this in mind for the entire 'rebirth' thing... combining it with Spirit girls being able to communicate with the spirits of the dead, my headcanon's that that's what most magic imbued creatures experience -- the higher your magical potential was, the more you 'remain'. Ordinary human's soul would 'disintegrate' rather soon, unless there were some extraordinary circumstances that have anchored or 'feed' them.

Magucas on the other hand are creatures 'bound' to the rebirth cycle with a higher potential... those who die slowly descend into oblivion until they 'forget' who they are. Those in jars experience something akin to that, but jar's energy prevents them from dissolving 'till next cycle.

Obligatory Moth posting

Moth-kun, I hope you followed and enjoyed the Euro 2016 final, because moths were all over the stadium, because they kept the lights on for some reason.

Had an idea for a public sort of place, set up a pad to talk about it. Lemme know what ya think, MGCYOA

titanpad.com/5Ua6aHmT46

Viable beast option?

Yes.

Yeah, among other things.

QB is making a Lore and Setting document, and Maid has a GM guide along the same lines to be released soon. A poll is not necessary when they're already slated for release.

Do you have plans for girly magical girl spells or should I be expecting gruesome realistic magic

The GM's guide isn't designed to tell people how to story (well, parts of it are, but that's mostly for people that WANT to GM but have no fucking clue what they're getting into, and is very broad strokes).

The meat of the GM's guide covers how to make the mechanics of the SCS bend to your will as a GM and through them, paint the nature of your quest/campaign.

Either way. Maid makes sure her system follows Quasar's lore and writing unlike the other system. Patience never hurt nobody.

Rolled 13, 13, 15, 1, 9, 1, 19, 11, 14, 11, 19, 2, 4, 13, 19, 1, 4, 4, 5, 12, 2, 11, 20, 12, 17 = 252 (25d20)

Let's see what the fates have in store...

I'm just making the mechanics and rule sets, people can fluff these how they want.

>unlike the other system
AMGC follows roughly the same lore that the CYOA does, it just has more character options. The lore differences are minimal, and honestly don't change anything more than a GM would potentially change the setting.

Rolled 16, 15, 3, 4, 2, 4, 2, 19, 19, 9, 3, 7 = 103 (12d20)

Rolled 12, 3, 14, 16, 19, 19, 2, 15, 17, 13, 9, 19 = 158 (12d20)

Oddball: Pool Shark when?

Meanwhile in the IRC: WHAT IS MACHINES AND WHY IS METAL?!?!1111

Don't be an ass.

I want a blend of both

His characters have that spec, of course metal is going to be the favorite. You shouldn't try arguing against it.

Rolled 14, 1, 5, 14, 7, 5, 18, 13, 11, 12, 16, 4 = 120 (12d20)

What is with these Captchas today?

Rolled 4, 19, 9, 14, 14, 13, 14, 13, 14, 13, 6, 11 = 144 (12d20)

Offer on MGX to anyone interested in taking it is still up. Will continue surfing the threads until I get one. That's all.

ask someone in the irc channels the most interested parties check there
zene, flash, whitey, torque...
you also don't have to leave y'know. we like you.

What's MGX?

Magical Generation X. It's a d20 system based off of the CYOA made by Flamy that was never finished. He hadn't it off to me, but considering I was never motivated for the project in the first place I didn't even get started on it. So really, I'd just be the one who held on to it for the next person.

I wasn't arguing against metal.

Alright, time for drunken thread questions. How much of your OOC personality is in your characters?

All of my characters have elements of my personality, but one has a lot more than the others.

It's one of my character's patron. Not just the personality.

Not much, but I put a lot of 'what I want to be like' in them.

It was brought to my attention that Duplicates Lv 1 is...well...it was a broken mess of an ability that had a lot of rulings problems and holes in its description. Here's a replacement to the Lv 1 effect. This will be in the next SCS update, but it's here now for use just in case.

>You can Channel X VIT as a Full-Turn action to create any number of duplicates with up to X HP total. Duplicates must have at least 1 HP, and their HP must be an integer. Duplicates share your STR, AGI, and VIT, but their MAG is 1 and their LUK is 0. If your STR, AGI, or VIT changes, the duplicates reflect this change (even if they are already active). Duplicates have all of the same abilities you do, but you cannot be affected by any abilities of your own Duplicate(s), and Duplicates cannot be affected by your own abilities (except this one). Duplicates cannot use Spell-type Abilities. A Duplicate's Attack ability(s) uses the same damage as your equivalent Attack abilities, even if their stats are different. Duplicates do not recieve the effects of any Enhancements on your Equipment, and cannot use recieve the effects of any Relics in your possession (unless they specifically state that they work on Duplicates). Duplicates take their turn(s) immediately before or immediately after, in any combination you wish. On a round in which you have a skipped turn(s), or in a round where you make duplicates, no duplicates under your control can act. In a round where you have had duplicates take a turn(s), you cannot make more Duplicates. Duplicates only have a single Turn Action, and do not get MS by default.

Each of my characters embody certain aspects of myself. Some more than others. Though it wasn't intentional at first, it just kinda happened.

Agnes is anger, impatience, passion, impulsiveness and stubbornness.

Nailah was wanting to be loved and accepted.

Gwen was wanting control.

Claire was the perversion.

Ken was the sociopath tendencies and inadequacy issues.

And Kara was the avoidance and not wanting to deal with problems.

Isn't there a quest board for threads like this?

No. This isn't a Quest thread. This is a RP and table top system. So it belongs on Veeky Forums.

>This is NOT a greentext adventure style CYOA with one GM and thread posting to dictate the adventure, but rather a hub thread for multiple storycrafters to use.

It literally says that it isn't a greentext style adventure like what the /quest/ board is supposed to be.

Its right there in the op

Ria Riki is my tenacity and fighting style.
Sammi and Wesley (The Twingineers) are my TF2 main class cosplayed by lolis.
Malcolm Donovan is what all of us secretly are.

is it your dick that's inside?

bump... gotta bump... don't you archive yet...

Rolled 13, 6, 1, 16, 5, 20, 17, 4, 12, 8, 15, 11 = 128 (12d20)

I'm currently handling empathy. Some things lined up may (likely will) cause pic related...

Isnt that more the realm of psychic

my sluttiness

Rolled 2, 20, 5, 18, 14, 20, 15, 13, 2, 8, 3, 16 = 136 (12d20)

Rolled 17, 19, 13, 13, 3, 11, 4, 7, 12, 20, 12, 6 = 137 (12d20)

Rolled 1, 5, 20, 11, 6, 9, 10, 4, 17, 13, 5, 2 = 103 (12d20)

Surprisingly, no.

So to the 3 players: Chisa, Nene & Violet

When can we continue the ship quest? Let's try to pick a set time out of the week. The best times for me is around 12AM GMT give or take. I normally don't do Friday nights.

Is your girl looking for somebody? If so, who, and why?

THEMSELVES

>Magucas on the other hand are creatures 'bound' to the rebirth cycle with a higher potential... those who die slowly descend into oblivion until they 'forget' who they are. Those in jars experience something akin to that, but jar's energy prevents them from dissolving 'till next cycle.

You've actually stumbled onto something already in the WIP Setting doc. Reincarnation bring you back... but not all of you. You will lose bits of yourself. On the low end, just some unimportant memories. The names of relatives you don't meet much. The faces of friends long gone. The color of your best friend's eyes. They can be relearned. Hopefully.

Higher up, you'll lose lots more. A protracted period of time spent dead, or repeated deaths will erase most of your memories, leaving you similar in personality, but without the memories which explain why. Think about the original Princess Serenity and Usagi Tsukino. Other than being kind and having a way with people, they're not much alike You'll still be drawn to your former friends and allies... but often without knowing why.

On the extreme end, this will cause complete personality death. You'll share nothing with your original self but your magic.

I started Void Guardian using my first set of rolls under the original Red CYOA, where the events explicitly happen to you - Maeve is almost entirely me.

Fuck I hate that backspace is used as a default to Back on browsers. I had to retype this whole post.

>under the original Red CYOA, where the events explicitly happen to you
I hear that.

>
Fuck I hate that backspace is used as a default to Back on browsers. I had to retype this whole post.
This too, sadly. BUT NOT TODAY!

Reminds me of Exaltations from the Exalted RPG

All the flaws my characters have are flaws I know how to portray from having those flaws myself.

I have a lot of characters.

Maybe the IRC setting should be written by someone that actually plays on the IRC more than once in a blue moon.

But do they have a lot of flaws?

> Roll
> Get Allies perk
> Roll for ally
> Ally also gets Allies perk

I'm converting a build from core to the cyoa so i can use SCS. I'm probably never going to be in any quests. I'm an idiot and my characters are stupid.

Hope all of you are feeling better.

Allies can't get allies in any system, can they?

In AMGCore they can't.

>Your Ally may not have an Ally or Familiar.

In they base CYOA there is no ruling on Allies having allies. Personally, I'd say "no". Since it could fall into having a small cadre of allies.

SCS, well, I haven't really looked at in depth so I can't really help you there.

I actually just posted the rough draft for conversion in the Discord.

In general, if you have your old rolls archived, it's better to just go back to the rolls and start from there, but if you don't there's an actual conversion process now.

I wanted to get the GM's guide out today, but I'm not 100% that I'll be able to. Should be up by this weekend no problem.

So, I looked into it, and apparently CYOA v1.4 explicitly forbade Allies and Big Friends from having their own Allies and/or Big Friends, but for some reason this isn't in CYOA v1.5.

QB could probably provide more info on this. Might be an oversight, might've been a willing decision.

She's an eldritch abomination that of a physical body has only the illusion, manipulating gravity and illusion magic to simulate the appearance and presence of a 16-something girl.

There is no "inside", only a simulation of it at most. She's a fictional character through and through.

Rolled 17, 4, 11, 1, 3, 16, 3, 5, 20, 18, 1, 17 = 116 (12d20)

Testing AMGC to SCS conversion.

I keep seeing people talking about big friends, but I can't even find anything by that name in the rules.Where is it?

> The ally is just the PC

>QB could probably provide more info on this. Might be an oversight, might've been a willing decision.

It's an oversight. I was cutting down the amount of text in the Allies note box and deleted a bit more than I should have.

Allies and Big Friend used to be perks. They were recently combined into a single perk, Ally. Big Friend referred to an ally that was corrupted.

This thread needs to be bumped.

Rolled 20, 19, 7, 13, 20, 15, 12, 15, 16, 9, 10, 19 = 175 (12d20)

Agreed

As much as the latter sounds like a shitpost I have to agree. Quasar, no offense, but if you are trying to define the Overcity for IRC usage you're kind of underestimating what a year of roleplay has already established. There's a big word document with some of the Overcity places that have been rpd, have you looked at it?
The Wand and Circlet is a popular location because of OOC rules declaring neutrality. It is far from the only location and we are certainly not suffering from being stuck in the tavern. Part of the fun comes from making Overcity shift to introduce multiverse elements.
I don't hate you QB, but I am of the opinion you're out of touch with community lore. Before making waves by changing everything that has already been established you should try talking to us first about it.

Right, the idea for the setting doc was writing down and agreeing on stuff among the community to improve consistency. Obviously further developing things and filling in gaps is good, but it should work alongside what's already there and not be one person deciding.

Most of my personality is in my original OCC char.

Takes time to warm up to new people. cautious, perceptive . Has idealistic streak, Is a bit lazy and carefree at times. Prefers to defend the populace from monsters than to hunt monsters. Aids teams and has allies, but doesn't want to be tied down to them.

Now that we've had some time away from voting and mechanics, I think were ready to do just a bit more. For the purpose of replacing the Tuner perk in AMGC, please see the following titanpad:

titanpad.com/TunerReplacement