Undead Civ Thread

Last we left, you had found a dilapidated castle hidden with the forest. The fort has a large courtyard surrounded by outer walls, with a keep, stables and prison/ crypt. Having raised the remains in the crypt your horde grows. After sending them out exploring a group of bandits, that you had previously encountered attacked and all were killed save 1, who has been dragged out of the crypts where he was hiding. You drag a regal looking chair to the centre of the keeps hall, seating yourself upon it. Your skeletons and zombies, including a previous recently deceased friend, are dragging a screaming and teary bandit on his knees in front of you. You undead dog sits beside you and you idly run your fingers through it fur covered head, it pants raspingly as you look down at the man.

>Interrogate (ask whatever you will)
>Torture
>Kill
>Give a message and let go (what will you say?)
>Imprison
>Other

>Current army
>15 zombies
>6 Skeletons
>1 Dog

If you dislike any of my option, they are only recommendations, you are welcome to act however you wish

LMAO I can't wait for a cleric with maximized turn undead to show up and wreck your shit. This level 12 cleric is going to kill so many undead it'll make the Pulse Nightclub look like a slap on the face.

kill and try to make undead

gb2deviantart

When in combat, or researching or performing any action that has a chance to fail, roll D100, this includes resurrecting corpses

Rolled 95 (1d100)

sorry forgot

Is there a village nearby? We should be able to use 15 zombies to sneak through the underbrush to catch a young female working alone in the fields, probably aged 18 or 19, and grab her, eating her alive slowly feet first. It'd also be important to stop her screams so a bit on the neck is necessary next. Then they can go back to feeding, on her soft vulnerable belly, ripping away strings of flesh, exposing her rips, their teeth dripping with her blood as they work on her eyes next, and all she can do is scream internally, unable to make a sound.

Rolling for this, dubs and it happens, trips and OP has to draw it, quads and OP has to draw it with a cucumber up his ass.

You stare down at the terrified man, the man who attempted to threaten and kill you not ten minutes ago. He is shaking on the floor as bones and rotten hands with exposed innards claps him in place. You look into his eyes and smile “I did try to let you leave alive, and this is your punishment i’m afraid” you say dryly
“I-I wont come b-back i promise” he sputters, panic lacing his voice
You flick your wrist and watch as your minions yank him back, boney fingers dig into his guy and throat and he flails on the floor momentarily before falling still, his screams drowning in his blood filled throat. You push your necromantic energies through his body and he stands up joining your group. You stand and head back to your chamber leaving your minions to clean up the mess the bandits had created.

>Order minions (feel free to split the group up for different tasks)
>Head South into the woods
>Head North back to home village
>Head West to the Bandit camp
>Head East into the woods

Or

>Research Spiritual necromancy D100
>Research Physical Necromancy D100
>Research Plague Necromancy D100

>Current army
>16 zombies
>6 Skeletons
>1 Dog

OP our task has already been determined:
15 zombies are going into town to look for a young peasant woman to slaughter. They will eat her up enough to kill her in sheer agony, and once she dies we will reanimate her and add her to our horde.

Actually eating her feet would be retarded so we'll just eat her throat apart and maybe part of her tits. I've been told the flesh of the breasts is very sensitive so devouring that would be especially painful. Then once she is dead we will reanimate her.

Rolled 12 (1d100)

Why mutilate her?Wouldn't a good looking woman,undead but unscathed, be better as a diplomat, bait, etc? You're literally thrwing a useful trait away for 5 min of sadism
Can the protagonist even still geht off in hat?

agreed. We're going for a diplomatic victory

i'll go with this
also can we restore the castle, OP? Or make inventary for what we need to repair it?
i think our priorities should be
1. personnel
2.the castel
3.expanding influence

>Why mutilate her?

Because she is still alive while we are doing it. Also I didn't say she had to be pretty, just skinny and sweet. I like to think abotu the kind, pure girls being ripped apart while begging for their families.

Also, I rolled dubs, so it has to happen.

Yeah well you just ripped some other faggot apart, why is the woman special? Also if you can terrify the village enough with random disappearances you can use undead disguised as knights to ride in and save the day and gain influence.

>Also, I rolled dubs, so it has to happen.
Not really the way these things work user

Rolled 13 (1d100)

this still active? Got bored with the shit posting

You go back to researching for the afternoon but turn up nothing that is helpful, frustrated you leave your tomes and head back to the courtyard where your group stands around idly

>Head South into the woods
>Head North back to home village
>Head West to the Bandit camp
>Head East into the woods

Or

>Current army
>16 zombies
>6 Skeletons
>1 Dog

(You are free to do your own thing such as research while ordering your minions to do other tasks. Or you can accompany them, entirely up to you)

Yes, feel free to do whatever you think is best, ill work the story around it, renovate, explore, diplomacy, aggression, subversion, backstabbing, whatever you wish

I don't blame you
I wasn't here for the last thread is there an archive? If not, where have we explored?

Rolled 8 (1d100)

No orders for your minions? They can explore? Renovate etc...

Came from a village in the north, travelled south until you found a house, met a dwarf, travelled east to the castle, west of the house lies a bandit camp but that's all you know so far

Have our minions try too repair the gate.

Do this OP, let's boost our dwelling up, taking into account what we would need for repairs.

Research into making conscious undead, one that could make decisions for a group.

Rolled 36 (1d100)

I think the "Or" might be throwing people off. It kinda reads like either explore with your minions or research with your minions.
But I'll go with research physical necromancy and send a scout team to check out the bandit camp

Forgot roll

Fuck

Someone's going to have to explain this to me, I don't see an email field

You do know how to roll right all you need to do is put this Dice+d100 into options

Didn't do anything ffs

Rolled 26 (1d100)

Lower case
dice+1d100

Does it not work on Mobile?

Rolled 45 (1d100)

Last try OP

Rolled 89 (1d100)

It does, I'm on mobile. But it has to be all lower case, dice+1d100 not Dice+1d100. Put that in the options field

Aaand welcome newfriend.

Got it

You sit out in the courtyard pouring through tomes on raising the physical corpses of the dead, you split your undead force into two groups, one is sent west and told to bring information back on the bandits who attacked you earlier, a dozen corpses obediently turn tail and plod slowly through the open gate until they have disappeared into the forest, the other group takes the rusted tools laying around the castle grounds, they begin to chop and trees and harvest logs, they are clumsy and crude but getting the job done.
You continue to oversee their work while unfortunately learning nothing new from your books. After a few hours the undead have created a pile of logs and wooden planks, they begin assembling it into a flimsy style door, it looks pathetic next to the hulking reinforced gate that still covers half the entrance but it provides some minor protection for now. As the sun begins to set your exploration group returns, they stumble in and order themselves into a group infront of you. They report in broken sentences with rasping voices
"Large... camp... walls wooden.. river runs through it"
You nod gathering what little info you could, you feel the long day catch up with you as its time for bed. You decide what to do with your minions while you are asleep

>Leave zombies out to guard?
>Send zombies patrolling at night?
>Hide zombies inside keep or crypt?

You awaken the next morning to crisp cool air seeping into your bed chamber.

>Order minions

>Head South through woods
>Head North back to home town
>Head West to Bandit camp
>Head East through woods

or

>Order minions

>Research Physical necromancy D100

Rolled 69 (1d100)

Leave zombies out to guard.
Order minions to continue repairs and reinforcing the gate some more
And finally, how about some plague necromancy? Maybe something to poison the river?

Sending out zombie scouts to find a nearby campsite with a family we can helplessly devour. The best option would be to bite the parents first so as to cripple but not kill them, so that all they can do is crawl along. You don't want to completely immobilize them, you want to maintain SOME hope that they will be able to rescue their children, maybe by dragging themselves along and finding a piece of firewood to fend off the undead. It's great to watch, and their screams of denial as you chase down and eventually devour their children will be exquisite. In fact it's not even necessary to finish off the crippled parents; kill the father, perhaps, but leave the mother trying to flee. her wounds will become infected and attract buzzards that will try to peck her apart while she is still alive.

Anyway, rolling for this, is there some kind of tracking / geography skill to find campsites nearby?

If not, I choose "head south through woods"

Rolled 18 (1d100)

The corpses can use the river to attack the bandits anyway

Let's have someone scout it out, preferably one of the skellies since they're smarter

>Leave zombies out to guard
>Order minions to continue repairs and reinforcing the gate some more
NO!!!

Rolled 99 (1d100)

Forgot to roll
I like this idea.

I can agree with this

You peer out of the cracked window in your room to see your minions silently stood on the ramparts staring into the forest motionlessly, they have done well to guard all night. You wind your way down the grand staircase into the great hall and out of the doors into the courtyard where your corpse dog stands eagerly wagging its tail. You call it over and stroke it idly while ordering your army to continue working on reparations. They silently stalk back into the woods and begin gathering supplies, wood, food, stone. You open a book of plagues and begin reading in the morning light. During the repairs you send a group of skeletons back to investigate in greater detail the bandit camp, they click and clack through the courtyard into the forest. You stumble upon some interesting information in the books, believing you can maybe pass your mind temporarily into a minion, assuming control of it and seeing through its eyes, the book also reveals that the zombies can be manipulated to have infectious bites. You smirk happily to yourself resting the book down and inhaling deeply having become use to the rotting horse corpse in the stable, still unable to resurrect such a large creature.

Zombies now have infectious bites

>Attempt to possess any of the minions in your service

or

>Leave the castle in any direction

>Attempt to possess any of the minions in your service

Possess, as in use them to scry?

Let's give this possession thing a shot and go for a skeleton that's scouting the camp

Sorry failed to mention, please pick any you would like, your dog, your skeleton explorers, your renovators etc

This answers my question, let's do it.

You sit down, closing your eyes and focusing on your souls consciousness, you attempt to drag it away from your body and into your minions service, your closed eyes are filled with a whirling cortex of blacks, greens and blues. Upon opening your eyes you realise you are in the middle of the forest, at first you stumble and gasp for breath but no air fills your lungs, you calm yourself and get use to the uncomfortable sensation of not needing to breath. You look up, surprised you can see noticing you are in the body of your skeleton, around you the other skeletons have stopped and stare at you recognising you as their master. You order them in your mind to continue forward. Almost half an hour passes as you follow the river, in the distance you can see a messy looking semi circle of logs lined up into a rough wall. Inside there appears to be a tower and what looks like a gate large enough for a wagon to pass through. You can hear cheering and laughing and lots of boisterous shouting. The river runs directly through the centre of the hidden camp, causing a gap where several logs allow it to pass.

>Order skeletons to return?
>Attack D100
>Sneak for a close lookD100
>Other?

Rolled 76 (1d100)

Closer look

Rolled 52 (1d100)

>Sneak for a close lookD100

You motion for your skeletal friends to move quietly forward, you walk over crunching leaves and try to keep hidden behind trees, as you draw closer on the wall you can see a small handful of men spread out watching out into the forest although they seem to lack discipline and seem more interested in whats going on inside the camp. Their relaxed attitutde allows you to get almost up against the wall, you edge around the side to the river gap while your minions stay behind the treeline, they suddenly stop hiding and walk backwards and out of sight of you disappearing from view and heading the way you came. You are about to recall them when you hear a mans voice from up above “what the fuck?” he says confused staring down. You instantly slump against the logs in the leaves, the man stares for a while longer, a mixture of confusion and slight fear.You lay against the wall staring at him completely still. He calls for one of the other guards to come over.
“Right there” he points at you
“What about it? Probably one the boss was bored of” the other man laughs
“It moved, i swear it moved” the confused man states
“Get the fuck off the booze” snaps the other guard “If he catches you on guard duty drunk you’ll be hanged” he smacks him on the arm
“Whatever i know what i saw” he mumbles
They walk off together out of sight along the wall. You tilt your body to the side collapsing by the river facing into the forest. You turn your skull a full 180 being able to see slightly into the camp. Theres a large bonfire, a man tied by his throat with a rope playing a lute while two dozen men sit around the campfire throwing rocks at him and eating and drinking. Inside a hut you can hear a womans screams and more laughter and shouting.

>Go back for skeletons
>Leave area
>Go into river
>Other

Go into river. What could possibly go wrong?
Also what happens if the guy we're possessing dies?

>Go into river
We are going to attack them right.

You roll into the river on your back keeping your head tilted, the current is gentle and carries you in although you dont float very well, you manage to bob up and down enough to keep your “eyes” on whats going on. All in all they have around 30 men that you can see, not including whoever is in the hut and the bard that is being held prisoner, as you float gently down through the water you pass under several planks of wood being used as a make shift bridge and turn your head to see some gallows, with 5 corpses hanging from them. As you are about the leave through the other side you spot racks of weapons lined up against the hut facing the river. You pass down the stream remaining still for now to avoid drawing anymore attention, once you are out of sight you straighten up and claws your boney mass out onto the shore.

>Return to your body
>Look for your skeletons
>Order your skeletons to gather up on you
>Other

>Leave area
>Go into river

Roll into river and check it out while walking away from camp at the bottom of river.

I'd say we should attack at next night when bandits are most likely drunk or sleeping after party.

Skellys use river to sneak inside and then divide into smaller groups to open gate for zombies and attack inside the hut to slaughter sleeping people.

Well my vote and plan is still same, expect we should raise corpses before assault.

>Look for your skeletons

You walk in a large semi cirlce around the campsite in order too avoid being seen, in search of your skeleton you feel frustrated they left without orders, After trudging back around to where you last saw them you spot them in the distance behind some bushes, storming over you turn the corner to see all 5 of them on top of a bandit. He is shaking, struggling with anger and fear. A skeleton is on each limb holding him in the dirt while one is knelt on his chest with its boney fingers pressed at the bottom of his eyes, its other hand holding an index finger up to where its lips should be. Afraid of losing his eyes or life the bandit has kept quiet. Turns out the skeletons have some initative. The mans eyes turn to you, his face red and covered in beads of sweat, a short sword of his still sheathed against his leg.

>Kill him and leave body
>Kill him and bring body back
>Bring him back alive
>Other

>Kill him and bring body back

Make sure to take it slow, though. Start by cutting his hamstrings and let him crawl around a bit. The scent of blood will attract coyotes who will rip him apart over the period of several hours.

It's not a girl but it's probably I'm going to get in this stupid quest.

>Bring him back alive

>Bring him back alive

Skeletons are smarter than I thought.
Information is always needed.

>Bring him back alive

You smile to yourself, noticing that nothing on your face actually changes. You command your skeletons to drag him back to the castle. You rush back into your own body, opening your eyes and inhaling huge gulps of crisp forest air, you look down to see your dog staring at you with its head tilted, its singular eye staring at you. You look around and notice the zombies have reinforced the door, simply by nailing for wood to the frame, its no masterpiece but it works, the gaps in the stone wall and parts falling apart have been propped up with wooden planks or filled with stones that roughly fit, Its a start. Some time passes and the gate is pushed open, your skeletons return dragging the sturggling man, his knees red and raw from being dragged through the rough earth and roots of the forest. In a similar position to yesterday you stand in front of a cowering prisoner.

>Interrogate (ask whatever you wanna ask)
>Kill
>Lock up
>Give him a message to pass on
>Other

Rolled 60 (1d100)

>>Give him a message to pass on
You and your little "gang" serve me now

Don't know if I need a roll for this so I am rolling anyway

Rolled 90 (1d100)

>interrogate
How many are you? Who leads your band. How many prisoners do you have?

> interrogate

"Where is your camp? Do you have any women?"

We're all on board for the diplomatic style right? Freeing these prisoners would help spread the word

YES GOD YES!

>Interrogate (ask whatever you wanna ask)

Who is their leader, how many men they have, are there other bandit groups in area...oh and any location where they have killed bigger groups of people.

After we got everything we want to hear
>Lock up

Your answer is better, so just ignore mine. I just joined anyway to be honest

I read the first thread on Friday, but I was too late too reply

Ok, good to know Satan

We going with the "freedom" truce sorta option?
Or the "you work for me" option?

Eeh I highly doubt they are going to open gates and start serving us and our mass of walking dead, just like that.

Gotta kill some first.

So far I think we should attack immediately.

Start off by grabbing the weapons from the rack with everyone, via the river, resurrect the bodies on the ramparts and attack while we know they're intoxicated. Keep the prisoners and move in to attack whoever leads this band in the tent. Resurrect the freshly dead as we move in

You command your minions to make a loose circle around the man and the skeletons loosen their grip, letting him kneel on his own accord, but not before one snatches his shortsword. The man stares up at you, hiding his fear although his arms are shaking.
“How many of you are there?” You ask calmly
“I-I dont count ‘em, 35? 40?” he says trying to steady his voice
“I keep hearing about this “boss” who is he?” You ask
“He’s the boss you know? Raze, h-he will probably come looking for me once hes noticed ive gone” the man snaps
“Raze?” you question
“Yeah, hes been doin this a while, killed more men than anythin you got here” he says sounding bold
“Show some respect, answer honestly and politely and you’ll survive this” you state “So are there any other villages you’ve been raiding nearby?”
The mans face shows a slight expression of hope “Y-yeah theres one north of here, easy pickings, and east theres the a town, a-and south of here is the mountains, monks up there or summin you know?” the man stutters to get his words out
“Any prisoners”
“We got a musician, Raze brings backs girls sometimes, i dunno how many, its not up to me” he answers
“Thank you” you smile “Lock him up for now” you order your minions, you look back to the man “I am not going to kill you, yet, but dont do anything stupid...”
The man shouts and struggles as he is dragged into the cells. You look up as the sun starts to set once more behind the treeline.

>Order minions

>Explore The Eastern Town
>Explore The Southern Mountains
>Explore your Northern Home town
>Head back to bandit camp
>Other

>Free prisoner and send him back to camp with a truce
>Free prisoner and send him back to camp with threats
>Kill prisoner
>Keep him caged
>Other

Ok, we need to free the prisoners, and if we are lucky one or some of the girls are related or have contacts with people like: village elders, traders, blacksmiths, etc in the nearby settlements

Looks like we're outnumbered guys, let's move to these "easy pickings" and recruit some more bodies. Let's have scouts looks for fresh Graves and old cemeteries near the towns

Not a suggestion for the current action, just saying this in general

I agree with this.

Rolled 60 (1d100)

Rolling for this

I figure it's likely they have more bodies dumped close to camp

As good as some sort of alliance would be with these guys, I don't see easy way to it.

They are drunk, a sleep, it is dark, they have prisoners for us.

We get more troops when we get there.

>head back
>keep him in cage

You head back inside as the air begins to cool with night time approaching, you command your skeletons to split into scouting parties for the night and attempt to find graveyards. Back in your Home town you are aware of a small graveyard that you stole from yourself before you were chased out, the others head to the supposed eastern town and the southern mountain settlement to find any remains you can use. You leave 3 zombies to guard the prisoner while the other continue guarding and making small adjustments and repairs to the castle. Upon waking the next morning the skeletons have returned and report what you already knew about your home village, a small town graveyard, a larger mausoleum graveyard to the eastern town and nothing of not in the mountains although there are stairs and chimes could be heard on the chill wind but they were unable to locate anything concrete. You recall how the mayor had you chased out of your village for your experiments and feel a certain anger towards having left your home.

>Order minions in any direction or to repair

>Free prisoner
>Kill and raise prisoner
>Keep prisoner imprisoned
>Attempt to make prisoner servant

>Research Spiritual Necromancy D100
OR
>Explore in any direction/ lead minions

Since OP wrote this out instead, let's move to acquire new bodies

Whoops looks like I missed this! They will get drunk again don't worry ;)

Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>Research Plague Necromancy D100

Rolled 38 (1d100)

Rolling

Oh hey OP, just wanted to let you know that I was looking forward to the Bonezone thread all weekend.

Wait what are you rolling for here? Also any order for minions or what to do with prisoner?Thanks ;)

Rolled 87 (1d100)

>Keep prisoner imprisoned
>Order minions to repair and to find more bodies

I think Newfriend is rolling too find more body's

You look deeper into your books of physical necromancy, while your undead scour the area for resources and fresh corpses, the prisoner can be occasionally heard from the stairwell screaming to be let free. You ignore him and continue reading, turning page after crisp page of ancient text. You eventually close your book and head into the stables, ready to test some of your new necromantic powers. The horse corpse which is now little more than hair and skin draped over a skeleton twitches and roars to life as you pull it to your will, it stands up before rearing up before you and settling its hooves against the stone floor, although mostly skeletal it is still a powerful beast and mount, you place a saddle carefully on its back and walk it into the courtyard. Your minions return with 2 dog corpses and some very rotten human corpse, all will be added to your army.

>Current army
>17 zombies
>6 Skeletons
>3 Dog
>1 Undead horse

Gonna call it there for tonight, but will try to pick it up around 6 tomorrow for a few hours! You've been good guys!

Thank you It bin fun playing this quest.

Thanks again OP