So of all the regiments in 40k

So of all the regiments in 40k.

Why haven't we gotten "official" Navy Seals/Korean UDT knock offs yet? We have all this shit about jungle or desert warfare but never anything about actual aquatic naval warfare in 40k.

I know there are some fan regiments for this but I would like to see some reasons.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pgRUHIeaKOk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I guess if GW is lazy they could get some intern and make a new regiment of the scions where they are all about aquatic infiltration

well, there may be underwater installations that need some killing.

'nids may have made some aquatic/amphibious variants, so defenses against those would be nice.

>Navy Seals
We already have an entire Space Marines chapter dedicated to homoeroticism in the military: Dark Angels. A bunch of seafaring IG or whatever would be redundant.

coastal installations that need some busting probably also exist in the 40k universe. perhaps not as many as other places, but there may be a niche demand for navy seals/amphibious operations.

Surely if it was a knockoff of anyone it'd be SBS and frogmen, given that 80% of IG regiments are WWII-in space.

But most people don't have water-heavy tables, so we don't really see them, though they probably do exist.
Incidentally the Chimera is actually amphibious

To much work and to specialize even for knock off scions.

Ignoring table top when was the last time GW has expanded on IG that werent scions or Cadains? We got Catachans but those are basically Marines I guess some Terror of the deep shit against tyranids would be cool

Id say the only special models would be inflatable boats I dont know why but seeing operator shit in 40k always gets me interested

The only ones who use that to its fullest are Catachans if I recall

>Cthonol Regiment
>1,000 attacks in five years
>Victorious
That's an attack every other day. These guys are fucking badasses.

there's a navey regiment in Flesh and Iron, the SPACE vietnam ig book

>given that 80% of IG regiments are WWII-in space
>Autism triggered
I'll be right back from work to investigate this. I don't care if you weren't serious, I'm legitimately interested in seeing the demographics here.

I dunno 40% no need to commit suicide over it GW barely mentions half of these

Some of these are great. 96% casualties for the He-man guardsmen is ridiculous, but I kinda want to make an army of them based on their metal as fuck appearance.

Them or the Lucky 13s with those silly tall hats

Yannik Volunteers have better silly tall hats
Theirs have spikes.

Because then they have to make tabletop rules for boats and shit

WHY DON't WE MAKE A FANMADE REGIMENT! JUST LIKE THE ANAGRY MARINES

or those neon IG everyone here seems to jack off too

My faggy homebrew Imperial system has a low-tech agri-world with a global ocean. It's basically Soviet era worker's communes that fish and harvest algae complete with their own combination aquatic PDF/surface navy. Marines and landing craft and, of course, a shit ton of "elite" (for the planet) frogmen that are trained in shady UDT shenanigans.

>Some how infiltrate an heretical hive city with a boat

Okay, how about this: A Rogue Trader discovers a world that's a copy of modern-day Earth, transported into the 41st millenium by Warp- or Dark Age of Technology Superscience-related bullshit. After the =][= finish purging all of the degeneracy and corrupt cults infesting the upper levels of our government with the help of the less-corrupt churches, the Administratum arrives to formally classify it as an Imperial World and enact a Tithe, taking soldiers from NATO nations to form an Imperial Guard regiment.

How would you stat the 1st NATO Combined Arms, anons?

Probably because it's sci-fi, and 99% of sci-fi settings have the "navy" become responsible for space shit and aquatic stuff is for fucking troglodyte beggars who have to use a boat instead of a hovercraft or spaceship.

Really, their is no fucking reason to "silently insert people from the water" when your setting allows literal teleportation and dropping entire platoons right on top of the enemy from fucking space at a moment's notice.

An attack a day keeps the enemy at bay.

I bet the days they weren't attacking were time spent getting to another fight.

Literally impossible/10.

You can't have Earth pop out of the Warp and still have Terra, because they're the same thing. This new Earth would be Chaos-corrupted by its very nature, and therefore inimical to Imperial life. It would be completely and totally purged as a precaution, before it'd be picked over and examined by the Inquisition and Mechanicus.

Why do people on Veeky Forums always jump right to tearing apart a what if scenario rather than exploring it?

Because it's fucking 40k. In universe, there would be no "exploring". The Inquisition would realize it is exactly the same planet as Terra from a different time period, and burn it to the ground because they would assume it's a chaos trick. Then they MIGHT let AdMech run around and try to find ancient tech to fuck around with if anything was unburnt.

Combined arms is antithesis to the Guard, makes it easier to go rogue when everyone is already under your command

Al-Arach being a cult world and a cousin giving me three boxes of unopened House Cawdor necromunda gangers is what got me into 40k.

When it comes to aquatic warfare in 40k, I'm sure they've mentioned 'waterworlds' before ... and there was a Gaunt's Ghosts short story that featured capturing an island installation after deployment from clearly LST-styled landing craft.

Also, all Chimeras are amphibious, so there could be a full "riverine" brown-water navy army idea out there - load of Chimera hulls with different turrets (say one with a demolisher turret) ready for river operations.

>What the fuck are these Scions everyone is going on about?
>Google it...
GODDAMMIT!

Breaking down regiments with models
>Tallarn
Lawrence of Arabia/WW2 SAS in North Africa
>Valhallans
WW2 Soviets
>Vostroyans
Imperial Russia
>Krieg
WW1 a but from everyone
>Cadian
Generic scifi troopers
>Elysians
Cold War French Paratroopers
>Steel Legion
WW2 German army
>Catachans
Vietnam possibly WW2 Pacific
>Mordian Iron Guard
Pre-WW1 soldiers

So while no, the vast majority aren't WW2 none of them are really modern so at best a UDT focused regiment would be something like Cold War SAS/Seals/Spetsnaz. The latter would be pretty neat since the Soviets made dark rifles to fire more effectively underwater than normal rifles.

Make your own? Why do you need a huge circlejerk over another shitty regiment?

Would it have been an extreme stretch of the imagination to say that it's just not!Earth then? Like fuck man, I'm not the original poster of that comment but this sort of lazy elitism is almost as bad as "depends on the setting."

>You can't have Earth pop out of the Warp and still have Terra
During the Horus Heresy there was a false Terra ruled by a false Emperor that legitimately thought they were the original earth. Our earth could very well be a similar situation, our planet was terraformed to literally be identical to Terra during the DAOT and then some time over the next 25,000 years we forgot that we weren't the original Terra. Or we could assume it is a planet very similar to ours in culture and divides between parts of the world and just roll with it.

Anyway rolling with the concept these are my thoughts on how modern earth would be treated. My thoughts are that if anyone is going to be supported by the Imperium it would be ISIS. Imagine this. ISIS is fighting the "Western devils" and trying to carve out a new caliphate. Suddenly the Imperium arrives with hundreds of thousands of soldiers much better trained, equipped, and more battle hardened than the best soldiers the West has to offer. By being vague about who the Emperor is Imperial agents are able to get ISIS to support them as fanatical followers of Allah/the Emperor, they help create a global caliphate of fanatical soldiers who think they have found some miraculous interstellar Muslim empire.

With Earth now united under the global Caliphate regiments are formed. Due to lack of industry to create heavy vehicles like leman russ tanks or any advanced laser, plasma, or melta weapons the only gear available to our regiments are (shotguns, autoguns, grenades, grenade launchers, missile launchers, demo charges, flamers, and autocannons, and flak/subflak armour (assuming modern ballistic vests with ballistic plates are at least subflak armour), no low AP weapons). So with these fanatical but poorly equipped soldiers the Imperium decides to utilize them as shock troopers, akin to Kriegers, they charge over the top with shotguns, flamers, grenades, and demo charges and capture dug in enemy positions regardless of losses.

After all it seems highly unlikely the Imperium would support the west over a bunch of religious fanatics desperate for a miracle to give them a massive victory. Secular democracies are practically the antithesis of the Imperium and while it is certainly possible I doubt the Imperium would choose the secular democracies over authoritarian religious fanatics given the choice.

>none of them are really modern
cold war special forces would be the 3rd edition style stormtroopers

2nd edition stormtroopers would also work, though they're more distinctly airborne troops

>Tacticool winter IG that arent russians never ever

Religious fanatics who don't worship the Emperor are heretics.

ISIS is way too small and unimportant.
They'd just teleport a Terminator Kill team into on of Obamas/Hillarys press conferences. Kill everyone and broadcast a message across earth to surrender and accept the Imperial creed or face the consequences. Maybe somehow disable most nukes so humanity can't REEEE its way out of this mess.

A FUCKING LEAF

AND ITS RED

The worship of the Emperor is far from a single universal doctrine. As long as they worship something that could be considered the emperor and clearly isn't Chaos the Imperium doesn't care. Atheists on the other hand are actively opposed because they don't worship the Emperor in any form. All the Imperium needs to do is gain some intel on Islam and they can pass themselves off as Muslims to the point where Muslims would probably acknowledge them as Muslims.

>Yes, Allah, who rules on a star far from here has heard your call and told us to aid you in your hour of need.
>For your dedication to Allah he has granted you rulership over the entirety of the earth, until you die at which point you will join him in heaven
>All that Allah asks for in return is that you send 5% of your male population to serve as his personal warriors. Surely there is no greater honour than being a warrior under the direct service of Allah.

I imagine both sides would be just fine with that arrangement.

isn't that basically imperial guard/n
recruited from thousands of overpopulated worlds/n
dying to preserve some semblance of order against(chaos,genestealers,orks,etc)/n
memories of necromunda abound/n
you cannot kill it

Sometimes I think Veeky Forums always delves way to deep into shit

ISIS and similar extremists would make a good backbone for a new leadership over the world though. Much moreso than any other group with any real power over a region.
>Authoritarian
>Religious fanatics
>Have no qualms about dying in the service of their god

Besides the Imperium showing up, destroying all our political and religious institutions and starting over from scratch defeats the purpose of this whole exercise. Whatever regiments would be formed would have no basis on our current military forces as everyone who could resist would be purged.

On a related note I doubt the Imperium would bother to send marines against us, they would probably just drop a company of storm troopers in DC and several other important cities if that ends up being their plan.

>Implying

Pretty some random fa/tg/uys who own guns would fucking flip if the imperium of man shows up and in turn help the invaders

Perhaps, but our regiments would be some of the most poorly equipped. Also their culture/religious beliefs would be more akin to Islam which comes with its own potentially interesting ideas. Besides you could always expand on it in potentially interesting ways.
>Who joins these regiments
>Why do they join
>How does their homeworld view them
>How do other guard regiments view them
>Who are their favoured enemies
>Which factions if any take particular interest in them

in the ages of time the legions of mankind are uncountable, long live the emperor

I'd fucking shit myself because that would mean Daemons are real. Then I'd probably try to gloriously die for the Emperor.
Best thing you can do in 40k honestly.

dude come on, that multi laser is probably the most significant piece of weaponry that your command unit has to offer, perhaps excepting the morale of your unit as a whole...

Suppose we go full on ISIS world

>>Who joins these regiments
Almost every eligible male trys out for this honor. Only the best and most faithful are taken.
>>Why do they join
To ALLAHU ACKBAR fucking Xenos and shit. Also the honor and the 72 virgins.
>>How does their homeworld view them
As glorious warriors that fight in an interstellar Jihad.
>>How do other guard regiments view them
Probably as inbred hicks with poor equipment but decent bravery.
>>Who are their favoured enemies
Anyone who doesn't follow Allah/The Emperor
>>Which factions if any take particular interest in them
None. Why would they? Just some backwater regiment.

Honestly these "ISIS Guard" sound perfect against Tau and Tau sympathizers

youtube.com/watch?v=pgRUHIeaKOk

Who's this qt?

Btw why doesn't the Imperium use Suicide bombers/attacks more often? They aren't short on manpower or zealots that's for sure.
Human waves are one thing but going full "See you in Valhalla" and ramming opponents is quite rare in the lore to my knowledge at least.

>Anyone who doesn't follow Allah/The Emperor
Seem like they could be useful against Tau
>Deployed on human world annexed by Tau Empire
>Imperium eventually defeated, some earth forces left behind
>Proceed to go underground
>Slowly spread an extremely fanatical version of the Imperial Creed
>Start launching terrorist attacks against Tau and Tau aympathizers
>Tau forced to dedicate significant TAU forces against them to prevent Gue'vesa from being converted
Even if they don't win in the end they will be very useful for tying up Tau forces without any real investment for the Imperium.

>None. Why would they? Just some backwater regiment.
To be fair fanatical idiots that aren't worth anything seem perfect regiments to be drafted for inquisitorial service.
>Have no problems dying for the Imperium
>Nobody cares if you requisition them
>Probably don't give a shit if you execute them for fighting daemons for too long
>Less likely to be corrupted in the first place

>Due to lack of industry to create heavy vehicles
Reminder that Abrams>most 40k

I really doubt that they'd be willing to give control of the planet to ISIS. They're too small of a faction, and trying to do so would invite a massive war, because do you really think that Western Christians are going to roll over and let ISIS rule over them? The Imperium's not stupid. Most likely, they'd recognize both Christianity and Islam as valid local variations of the Imperial Cult. Probably Buddhism, as well (Emperor as a Bodhisattva), though how well they'd be able to subvert Hinduism I'm not sure of.

>Secular democracies are practically the antithesis of the Imperium
There are planets that are ruled by democracies in 40k canon. As long as the tithes are paid, they don't care how the locals govern themselves. Most likely, they'd just appoint the UN Secretary General the Planetary Governor and leave it at that.

I think, most likely, how it'd play out is the Rogue Trader striking up a conversation with the local governments, and setting up trade deals with the local governments. Missionaries show up on the next ship (likely run by some Free Traders that the Rogue Trader tipped off), and start analyzing the local religious beliefs to facilitate the Earth's entry into the Imperium of Man, along with some bureaucratic officials.

/pol/ then realizes their agenda, and manages to contact them with evidence of the elite's Moloch worship (40 foot concrete idols in California, ritual child molestation, abortion as ritual child sacrifice, the whole nine yards). Suspecting the Dark Powers, the missionaries contact the =][=, and the Inquisitors begin by scouring the Internet of all relevant data. They then begin a political purge, take out Soros, the Clintons, and at least half of the American political establishment, before appointing Donald Trump the new US President by default.

Once this is all over, the stage is set for the Astra Militarum to begin drafting soldiers from the best fighting forces the planet has to offer - NATO.

That's 300 millimeters of 40k super-steel, user, not modern-day RHA. A Leman Russ battletank is tough enough to survive getting hit by an explosion that tossed it a meter into the air and flipped it onto its side; once an Ogryn flipped it back over again, it was perfectly fine. If that sort of thing happened to a modern tank, you'd be looking at a crumpled metal can filled with chunky salsa.

>of conventional steel

and the entire idea is ruined lets get back to that UDT regiments since this entire post was retarded

reminder that land-raiders can drive along the ocean floor and have survived nuclear detonations

Notice that it didn't leave the ground entirely or flip over. It just got lifted up a bit, and even so, it's not combat-worthy anymore, even if it was capable of driving off. The Leman Russ tank, on the other hand, was perfectly combat-capable the moment it was flipped back onto its treads.

Conventional steel today is much stronger than conventional steel 2000 years ago.

Frost from Rainbow Six Siege

She uses tactical bear traps.

>reminder that land-raiders can drive along the ocean floor and have survived nuclear detonations
>survived nuclear detonations
A Centurion built in 1946 can and will survive a nuclear detonation 500 yards away.

despite multiple tests, only one ever managed that

Can you back this up with anything solid? I mean, It makes sense that it would be spess materials, but I've seen other anons post things from the fluff, that haven't been superseded, that said it was RHA.

>Realism in 40k shit

people like you ruin everything

>driving along the ocean floor
>realistic
what

Lets just not talk about the whole muh tanks in 40k this type of shit always gets way to out of hand

Are Kariskins SAS?

I don't take 40k seriously, I just poke holes in the ideas of people who themselves take 40k seriously. IF ONLY I COULD SOLVE CAPTCHAS.

still means that a tank from 1946 did it. And most tanks after that could do it even better.

Yes, tanks in 40k are retarded. At least, the fluff is. The designers clearly had no idea about real tanks and armored vehicles when they were writing that fluff.

from what little we know of kasrkin recruitment, they're closer to delta force

>a tank from 1946 did it
very different from can AND WILL do it, because they tried several times and only got one

>And most tanks after that could do it even better.
Not against similarly developed nuclear armaments, if they'd ever test it.

VTOLs RULE

Those tiny jets wouldn't possibly hold the valkyrie up for very long. Especially when carrying a potential 16 dudes in full kit.

SENTINELS RULE

>bipedal combat walkers

In the grim darkness of the future there is no water.

At least they're explicitly shit in universe too, pretty much a jeep with a MG on it that has the benefit of being able to go over obstacles like short walls.

Is this operator enough?

oh wait

>Open cabin with a flamethrower

Now you're cooking with autism

Marines are gayer than SEALs, desu.

t. Squid

Face it /k/ will never be satisfied just let them stick to Flames of War.

Just pretend there's spce-plexi-steel-nanotube-glass there and you just can't see it.

why not just play modern games with actual navy seals?

40k is fantasy. If you want realism, play something realistic

You havent seen the other variants

I mean its a good question not alot of worlds are said to have water and what if some heretical fish people started a rebellion

Flames of war is still a bit "game"-ey though for /k/ They would prefer something hardcore like advanced squad leader or Harpoon, or something that combines strategic and tactical elements a la total war series (but in a tabletop game)

but not to hardcore of else that would be autistic too

delta force is based on SAS

Space suits can also go underwater. Surely a futuristic bolter would still fire underwater, and still be effective at close range

>Bushmen of Serica
>Aussie guardsmen who live on a shitty world next to a warp storm
>They live and die defending their homes from mutated, Chaos worshipping Emus
>Their one source of enjoyment is sending random insulting messages to other worlds in the Imperium

well then I can criticize the absurdly low carriage and wheel wells far too small for what's supposed to be some kind of speedy dune buggy

also that's not the tauros, that's some third party thing

>In dark future of the 41st millennium
>there is only shitposting

Because suicide is wasting the Emperor's most valuable gift: your life.

It's also most likely full of salsa that used to be the crew.