Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

What kind of pet does your party have?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Horror Adventures: imgur.com/a/r2TOH
imgur.com/a/odYOE

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/4xtk1v/is_pathfinder_on_the_decline/
d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/more-races/standard-races-1-10-rp/lizardfolk-8-rp
dumbcrushedsketching.tumblr.com/post/146081419470/opening-commissions-one-character-20-25
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I guess also kind of previous thread:

We've got a pet swashbuckler.

>What kind of pet does your party have?
My party has an enormous wolf. He belongs to the hunter, is about the size of a horse, and loves kids.

Dont know if this counts but our ranger tied a knot once to get over a chasm, and he rolled a nat 20. He rolled the knot so good, we cut it offand brought it with us, and it's helped us a couple of times. It may be filled with divine energy.

What do you fags think of this?

reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/4xtk1v/is_pathfinder_on_the_decline/

I think it's a good thing. I have seen this in so many shitty threads on this site and others, people want to do sci-fi or mystery and they always choose fucking PATHFINDER to run it in, because "it's what we know" The game is almost 15 years old now and is dying at last, and the combined forces of Dungeon World and D&D 5e have defeated it and utterly replaced it in every possible way.

Pretty new to PF (and even 3.5), this is my 3rd character, Unchained Monk (seems monk was weak and GM gave me access to this instead), I'm 6th level and got access to Ki power, thinking in Elemental Fury, yes or no? Another suggestion?

My character has a cardinal familiar that speaks in kennings, especially when she doesn't particularly feel like being helpful.

I've introduced 3 people to Pathfinder over the last year. They love it.

Is there a class that is focused on followers/their following?

Thrall herd; there's a wizard archetype that gets leadership; any class with leadership.

If I were to play Vigilante in an upcoming Skull and Shackles game would I be able to get the maximum benefit of their social stuff?

Bards
You don't have to call your collection of abilities "bard" in-game by the way. A legendary military commander or revolutionary leader can absolutely be made with the Bard class and Perform (Oratory), zero silliness involved.

Is it a dick move to throw a lvl 4 Druid(1)Barbarian(3) at my party as a boss? He is flanked by 2 mooks and a huge spider.

His strategy is to entangle, then use the shalelle spell or whatever then beat them with his TWF quaterstaff while having flanking from his mooks.

The mooks are minions and lvl 1 warriors. The spider is a CR 2 spider.

Its the endboss of a goblin infested cave.

inb4 Dungeon Memeing

What's the level of the party?

Why would you ask us without giving the PCs' levels and classes?

Warlord Skald

Level 4, a cleric, wizard, rogue, bloodrager and barbarian.

The have pretty much mopped the floor with everything I have thrown at them.

Only thing they had slightly trouble with was a wraith that induced temporary insanity with a gaze attack.

Why is DSP's website so TERRIBLE? Jesus christ, it's worse than d20pfsrd.

The class is functional without it anyway - it's mostly fluff.

We offended a witch and she cursed us with shitty web design.

Maybe you should've made an initiator archetype for her like she asked.

Son of a BITCH! Where is this witch, I've got buckets of water for her.

Sounds fine to me. I doubt they will have trouble. If it WERE something challenging I would say to give them a medium-challenging encounter first, just because from the sounds of things they might not be ready for a sudden difficulty spike from whatever they've been brushing off before.

DEATH. FIRST!

What the hell is wrong with that dog?

Might be a bit on the low end then, give all of them a teamwork feat to make things a bit harder. Maybe Outflank to make the flanking a bit more of a threat, throwing on Coordinated Effort (the spell) as a bonus if you think they can handle it.

NOT A FUCKING CLUE, user. THEY DOWNLOAD FINE ON QANON'S END. HAVE YOU TRIED TURNING IT OFF AND ON AGAIN?

I wonder if they're talking about the old or new trove.

>check dreamscarred site
>it's super shit
>even their latest post, a big announcement, is hidden in a sidebar off to the side

Man, this witch did a number on you.

Does the Pet Wizard count?

Tonn, the wolf, is a mutant. Why do you think he's so big?

sorry, I might just be really tired, but I've no idea how you get all of that.
I can see STR/Con if you use con for the mutagen itself, after 6th level, no idea how you get 3 natural attacks, swim is nice but you could also fly from 6th.
Also not seeing how you could get the unseen, beastmorph doesn't actually straight up turn you into creatures, it isn't actually the spell beast shape, right? it just mimics some of the features.
Even if all that you say is true, how early would this come online? 6th?
Also, lizardfolk aren't animals, are they? They're humanoids, right? you cant take their form even if beastmorph actually is the beast shape spell.
tried to post this last night, Veeky Forums or 4chX was being annoying

I'm pretty sure they meant lizardfolk as the race of the PC

To clairfy, all of those things that he listed? Those are what the Lizardfolk, by itself, gets from level 1.
d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/more-races/standard-races-1-10-rp/lizardfolk-8-rp
Not sure where Unseen is, but the rest is all from the race itself. If you start as a Lizardfolk, you're way more in-the-lead to being a Beastmorph/Vivisectionist than practically any other race, except for possibly a Ragebred Skinwalker.

Im a wizard, and for reasons im leaving out of this thread, i really want to destroy the astral plane.
Any idea on how to do this beyond wishing a whole lot?

Why would the wolf be a mutant? What's the background on it? And who did the art? It looks nice.

Check out the bestiary section for them, that's where Unseen is.

>I really like lizardfolk.

Oh, That's pretty cool, dang.

I highly doubt my dm would let me play that far off of core races, which sucks. If his would though, fuck wasting a discovery on attacks. Get infusion.

Any other good races, other than the afforementioned ragebred skinwalker?
Like, not quite lizardfolk tier or anything, but still good for Beast/Vivi

oh, and I mean like of any races. I'm just curious for now, but might do it in another DM's campaign someday who allows more things.

Ginny and Tonn are actually my characters in one of Gareth's games, specifically the Ravenloft one. Being from Eberron, Ginny had to take over her father's animal breeding business when her father died in the Last War. when the war winded down she didn't have the business know-how to keep it running, and so had to liquidate her stock, selling to whomever would buy the rest of the animals, both trained and not, she had left in her possession.

Tonn being massively oversized, ugly, and a wolf (and thus technically a wild animal to a lot of people) made a lot of potential buyers turn away from him. Ginny knew he was a sweetheart because she'd raised him, and they stuck together when she started taking jobs as an adventurer. She couldn't get rid of him and without the experience living in the wilderness would have given him, he was stuck living with people.

You can find the artist's blog here, with commission prices: dumbcrushedsketching.tumblr.com/post/146081419470/opening-commissions-one-character-20-25

Big announcement?

Stillborn.

Dawnborn, but we know how this will end jup

Sounds cool, hope Gareth doesn't fuck you or the wolf over.

Last time I checked it used wordpress, which shouldn't have any issues with website of that scale, with Avada, the most sold theme on themeforest. I wonder what might have caused the terribleness.

That's not going to happen, that's not how blinklings are made.

hey pfg, whats your top 3 3pp books? im looking for new stuff for my games, and i wanna check some stuff out. please no pow or sop, my group already uses those

We actually have 3 pets.
>a parrot that somehow spits magic missiles
I should really ask how it does that tomorrow
>a manticore
our summoners Eidolon, who basically just flies around and pounces
>Bits
Our rangers animal companion, a Large dog who has the unnerving habit of being able to bite people's ankles, and then drag them half dead over to our ranger, but never actually finishing them off damage wise with his rolls.

Impending_Blinklings.jpg

I understand Kineticists of Porphyra is great, but what about the actual Porphyra setting? Is that any good?

Looks like it's Stillborn and a promotion. Forrest continuing to carry DSP.

>Not only did we just release our first preview alpha for the Dawnborn RPG playtest, we’re also expanding into a bigger operation! We’re happy to welcome Forrest Heck onto the team as our Creative Director. She will be overseeing and implementing visual design, speeding up some of our releases as well as contributing her diverse knowledge and experience as a game designer to our work. In a small company, everybody pulls double duty! We’re happy to have her onboard and expect that this will help us streamline some of our development work, giving Jeremy a little breathing room and making sure we’re not relying solely on a single individual for releases.

>If you’re interested in the Dawnborn RPG, you can read more here and download the playtest package with a complete adventure here.

Bump?

I know there's no actual rules for it in gestalt, but if you wanted to mix a 9th level caster with a 6th level caster, and both cast from the exact same list, with the same casting method and stat... How would you personally handle the spells? Would you force them to ditch the 6th casting, make the casting totally separated, or integrate the spells known and spells/day of the 6th caster side into the 9th caster?

Casting is separate for the two classes, just like if you had multiclassed.

I'd use psionics. Separate powers known, one pp pool.

Two different spells per day, two different spells known. If they both use spell books then you'd need two different spell books (or to use the other spell book to prepare, I know there are 3.5 rules for that.)

Ultimate Path of War when ?

If that were to happen it'd probably be after the errata for PoW 1.

It must happen user

I hear every time blinklings are brought up Gareth personally pushes it back a week.

We are doomed at this point I lost the count on how many bully posts containing blinkling maid boys were posted in general threads.

Could be worse. Imagine if every time Kitsune were brought up Augunas or whatshisface made another book.

W-well, maybe if they were all pact magic books?

Sure, pacts to make everything kitsune babies.

>if every time Kitsune were brought up Augunas or whatshisface made another book

Is it bad that I unironically kind of like some of the ARTs he made, am am looking forward to the paizo Blood of the Beast in October? I hate Augunas on principle, but some of his stuff was actually kinda cool.

I was going to argue with you but since there's at least one vestige whose sign turns you into a furry...

Fuck it, I need a drink.

How do i find a decent group to play with?

Do blinkling boys have thick hips?

Try a lot.

Cry a lot, possibly.

You keep looking till you get the right one.

Lets be fair: out of the what, 100? 150? spirits, one furrymaker isn't unreasonable

Will Dawnborn be based on Strike! now?

Wizards managed by not having the signs (and influences) be so large and obvious.

Anyone got the pdf for 7-27 Beyond Azlant Ridge? It isn't in the trove.

I last-minute signed on to run it today at our lodge, so that we don't have to scramble to get a GM.
Because of my schedule, I can't make it to our game location until about 20 minutes before the game starts, and I like to be at least a bit prepared.

No, because Strike is garbage and the people who shill it are garbage people.

Seriously, what's this from, I want to read it

>That
>Thick

Sit down before you hurt yourself, child.

I enjoy sharing interesting trivia with my friends, so I'd like to start providing them with amusing tidbits on a weekly basis.

Do you guys have any fitting trivia to suggest? I've already got a small list, mostly of stuff specific to my group (AKA behind-the-scenes stuff from session, info about NPCs that otherwise would probably never come up, etc). Anything more general about the Pathfinder system or Golarion lore would be great.

You mean Wizards of the Coast? Who made what, 20?

I'm gonna finally be able to play a Direlock cause the dm finally allowed 3pp. He's only allowing stuff from forest guardian press. I'm terrible at min maxing or even system mastery so I've come to you to ask if anyone has a good build for a Direlock with its MADness

39 not counting epic vestiges (I think there were four or five), and 44 for Radiance House.

Oh right, i keep forgetting grimoire of lost souls is only out for backers.

There's kind of like 100+ spirits as of Grimoire. Just checked my PDF, the table has about 24/page, and 4.5 pages of the table

What don't you like about Strike, user?

Well, not having seen it and still having problems, I'm not sure what to say.

Honestly, though, it's just a disconnect from what I want out of what are essentially the fluffy bits of the Binder/Occultist and what Radiance House is selling. I really just like the 3.5 vestiges more.

pssst can I get my hands on that thing please

I like the idea of a Wyrwood Alchemist with Promethean Disciple and a Valet Tumor familiar for the shenanigans of continuous self-improvement. Have no clue how viable that is though, they're quite fragile.

What do you think of megadungeons? Places so large that the party might not spend merely multiple session exploring but perhaps multiple LEVELS, places filled not just with enemies but also potential allies and plenty of despicable neutrals? Have you ever done a megadungeon in a campaign, and if so how did it go? Are they a bad idea in principle or are there ways to do them right?

I bought the 4.5x9 foot Chessex mat specifically for megadungeons.
Read through Emerald Spire and Thornkeep, and got my 4 Star buddy to show me Bonekeep (after I finished stomping it with my Paladin/Psychic) and actually have one drawn up for my homegame tomorrow.
The players are all super excited.

frankly, I haven't been keeping up with my rewards, my PDF is probably a good 2 years out of date. And I personally want to encourage Augunas to write for Pact Magic instead of turning into another paizo puppet to make ends meet, so I'd rather people support Radiance House (Also, seriously fuck Paizo for trying to steal pact magic from them with Occultist/Medium)

Editing.

Fair enough.

...I gotta say that a book that more that doubles the available vestiges and took more than two years to come out is a little worrisome though.

I have heard from a certain grumpy 3PP dev who lurks this general that Emerald Spire is actually pretty bad, and other than that haven't really heard of megadungeons as a thing that actually get played. That's part of why I'm a little curious, I haven't heard much in the way of positive examples.

I'm running a campaign and will probably be running my players through a megadungeon that will span 2 or 3 levels, and although it's waaaay far off in the future I wanted to give it some thought in advance considering it will easily dwarf any other dungeon I've made or played in the past.

Thoughts on the Godling classes? Endzeitgeist said they were pretty good, but the opinions I've found range from "teir 3 at best" to "overpowered as shit" to "complete garbage." What do you guys think?

They're in the tier list pastebin.

I'm GMing a megadungeon called Rappan Athuk and it's a blast. Been running it for 3 character levels now.

>Endzeitgeist
The same guy who said that the only thing wrong with PoW1 is Crane healing?

We'll just get him banned again. Maybe he won't be able to change his IP again.

The staves with spell charges in them also count as quarterstaves, right?

If I remember right he liked it but gave it a 3/5 because it kept a lot of the jank shit from 3.5.