Warhammer 40k General

Tfw The General Lasts 24 Hours Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s) (Updated 8/11/18)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V8.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Huge-Warhammer-40k-Painted-Tau-Army-/201641600280?hash=item2ef2c6a518:g:OY8AAOSwjXRXbEL5
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Harlequins part of the death masque set sort of reinvigorated my interesting in painting and playing again, is there a way to make solo harlequins work?

Remove shooting from the game.

Ask your friends to only ever run Orks against them.

I wish to die

I've never particularly understood the hatred towards the Robot design. It's not a pretty, inspired or particularly good looking model by any means but I can't get behind the philosophy that it looks like ass.

The only reason the Kastelan suffers is because the Castellax came out first.

It's clearly a robot, why does it have wounds?

40k getting sigmar'd is more and more confirmed every day

question is, will you jump ship or try and ride out the shit wave?

>is there a way to make solo harlequins work?
Yes, you just build a balanced force using their codex and formations, then add the following stipulations to who you play games with:

No superheavies
No D weapons
No invisiblity
No grav spam (less of an issue for you, but a good rule none the less)

And provided you're also playing against someone that doesn't have a min maxed meta WAAC netlist, you'll have fun and win some games.

I'll do what the WHFB General is doing and pretending that any End Times and onwards material for 40k didn't happen when engaging in the 40k aspect of the hobby.

Lets change the subject to something more interesting.

Do Eldar nurse their young or are they just for show?

WHFB is the slowest general on this board.

No suggestion that they don't considering they have virtually all the other mammalian traits.

Which might help explain why the Dark Eldar don't die of drug abuse when they hit the right age (Eldar biology is notoriously adaptable to their long term emotional and mental state, probably because there's so much psychic shit in their standard physiology and biomancy is a thing). Mother is already introducing some wicked shit into their system.

kastelan is cuter then the castellax

I don't give a shit about the lore, I'm more concerned with game mechanics. I think a hybridization of AoS and 40k would actually be good for the game. I can't see it going full-AoS though, things like 40k's vaguely simulationist use of vehicles don't play well with that rule set.

If I had anything to be concerned about its 30k being overhauled to match the next iteration of 40k. I think most people like where it currently is and I don't want any sort of AoSifying to fuck up their release schedule. At least let FW finish the Siege of Terra before going through with changing everything.

will jump to bolt action if this happens seeing as the rules are a hundred times better and you can get like an entire army for the price of a box of tac marines and a rhino

Don't most Imperials run using the new Librarian disciplines that are basically Invisibility+?

Its solid and there are good alternatives out there for the head.

If there was anything on it I dislike its how the shoulder mounted gun looks. Just feels kind of.. boring and lame. Underslung on the arms would have been cooler.

I wonder how many different vehicles share the Rhino chassis.
As in independent entries in the same codex and other codex

Rhino (as in the normal Rhino)
Razorback
Predator
Baal Predator
Whirlwind
Exorcist
Immolator
Repressor
Stalker
Hunter
Vindicator

Might be missing more FW ones.

all i want for mechanics is some help with assault and tone down shooting.

At my store the only SM player that uses the new psychic shit is the Grey Knights guy, the rest of us wrote it off as unfair.

Deimos pattern and Damocles Command.

Does anyone have a pdf or epub of the new Deathwatch Codex?

>Unfair
> In a game where Eldar and Tau exist
Go fuck yourself.

>Eldar and Tau

Necrons and Astartes done right are just as murderous, user. In particular, Astartes can wreck face even without the new psychic powers.

My playgroup doesn't have Craftworld Eldar in it and only two Tau Players, neither of which have storm surges.
What we do have are a few CSM, DE, Orks and Nid players and us Loyalists came together and said we weren't going to use the new psychic powers.
Even grey knights will only use it against other Astertes.

So you go fuck yourself and enjoy your shit-tier experience of the game.

Only when using the infinite razorback spam can they wreck face. And forcing any army to just one viable build is what's wrong in 40k right now.

>necrons

They sure crush softer armies but in the realm of competitive lists, they don't shine that much. Actually, Daemons with Tzeentchian invuln fuckery feel more unfaire than the Decurion by a long shot.

I wouldn't call Necrons an unfair army, they just have a really good codex.

>He doesn't know about astartes superfriends

May the Emperor preserve your meta from anyone playing this abomination

>He thinks Razorback Battle Company is what makes SM good

No more (you)s for this guy, he has enough.
Learn to play so you can properly complain about top tier armies.

>Only when using infinite Razorback spam

Astartes have more than a few options to contend with, and surpass Tau. Against Craftworld Eldar it's another, sadder story for the Marines.

Chimera
Hellhound
Devildog
Banewolf
Basilisk
Griffon
Wyvern
Manticore
Deathstrike
Hydra
Medusa (in the fluff, I think the FW is on a russ)
Bombard (in the fluff, I think the FW is on a russ)
Trojan
Salamander
Salamander Command

I think with a Russ a Chimera and a Rhino hull you've got 99% of the Imperium's vehicles.

> He thinks stormsurges are what make tau OP
No. Firewarriors make Tau OP. 30" S5 guns on BASIC FUCKING TROOPS is cheese of the highest tier.

>He thinks Firewarriors are OP

user, please. This better be b8.

They kinda are user. Especially with a cadre and etherial.

New player here. I know Grey Knights are not super competitive but I just want folks opinion on my army list. Not looking to win tournaments but don't want a complete hamstring army!

HQ (295)

Librarian
Storm Bolter + Daemon Hammer Mastery Level Psyker + Domina Liber Daemonica

Librarian
Storm Bolter + Daemon Hammer + Mastery Level Psyker

Troops (792)

Terminator Squad
Daemonhammer + Halberds + Psycannon + Metal Bombs

Terminator Squad

Terminator Squad

Terminator Squad

Heavy Support (410)

Nemesis Dreadknight
Teleporter + Nemesis Greatsword + Heavy Psycannon (35).

Nemesis Dreadknight
Teleporter + Nemesis Greatsword + Heavy Psycannon (35).

Total: 1497

Is that why I see them placing in top tournament lists?

You guys are fucking terrible at this game I swear.

Not him, and my meta is just a group of friends with no SM whatsoever, but there are no CWE interceptor units. Shouldn't that pinning deep strike assaulting drop pod formation fuck them up? And Grav as well? What makes CWE hard for marines?

On their own they're decent infantry.
With the Cadre they're good infantry.
Ethereal is absolute tax-tier.

Outside of a vacuum Firewarriors are not OP, just decent troops.

Psycannon is kind of shit, I'd take the Incinerator instead. Drop the daemon hammers on the Librarians, not really worth it. Double guns on Dreadknights are a must.

>pinning

Deathwatch detachment

(Command) Venerable dreadnought-145
+Assault cannon, heavy flamer

(Core) Furor Killteam-325
5 veterans-155
2 shotguns, grav gun, frag cannon, flamer, 5 bolters
3 terminators-140
assault cannon, 2 power swords
1 vanguard veteran-30
power sword

(Auxiliary) dreadnought-100

total-570

Gonna stick this in a Space Marine army as support. The killteam deepstrikes and wastes infantry. I'm trying to make the team feel fluffy with diverse wargear while working with some model constraints for the terminators. At the same time I want them to look like their equiped for Space Hulk searching, as that's the way their bases will be modeled.
The vets are on the table though, is their wargear too diverse? Is the frag cannon worth it?

>he mixes special and heavy weapons and they're all different

Is there a particular Space Marine chapter that uses heavy bolters more than others? Just want inspiration on what to paint my heavy bolter Deathwatch marine

Imperial Fists.

WAAC faggots use and rig their list to get invisibility. When I roll and get the power, I ask if I can re-roll because I'm not going to use it. It's just that fucking broken in some army compositions.

Of course, I've used it to keep a 5 man team alive, but then again my strategy wasn't "Get invisibility and win"

A good tau player that actually uses firewarriors properly can turn them into a more dangerous unit than most battlesuits.

No, you don't see them because spamming monsterous creature robots is easier to play for the WAAC kids who are too retarded for real strategy.

The list looks fine, but you are spread a little thin.

Take the daemon hammers off those libbies, give the extra daemon hammer to your terminator squads. Libby works great with the force staff so you're basically immune to enemy psy attacks

The psycannons don't help that much when you've got lots of dudes to kill, swap 2 of them to incinerators. Gives you more flexibility.

You don't really need halberds on everyone, and you can merge the squads to just two terminator units, then combat squad on the field if you have too.

Final throught is the heavy psycannon isn't great on the dreadnight. The heavy incinerator is a favorite for various reasons, but the heavy pscylincer has great uses too. Try out the different weapons to see what you need more of.

Oh and if you merge the squads, put those extra melta bombs on the librarians.

The grav gun is out of place. Try another power sword for melee or another flamer for horde clearance.

cool, I was thinking about them but strayed away because I don't have experience painting yellow. I'll probably give it a go though

I just noticed Furor Killteams have to be equipped with at least 1 frag cannon or Infernus heavy bolter. I might as well just use an Aquilla kill team

Frag cannons are just very big assault weapons

What's wrong with a frag cannon? 24" S6 AP3 Assault 2 doesn't sound good to you?

>40k getting sigmar'd is more and more confirmed every day
Oh goodm it's this meme again. Please, point to the sources that say 40k is getting sigmared.
And no, streamlining the game is not sigmaring, the same thing happened in the transition from 2nd to 3rd. You post to get (You)s, and frankly it's getting old.
Find some new bait please

Regardless, he still had grav and flamer together

*oh good,

>Implying it's b8

Not the same user and I don't really believe 40k is getting Sigmar'd, but it's a genuine concern among a sizeable percentage of the fandom. Just saying.

Are Mek guns worth it in an Ork list? What about Meganobz and Dakkajets?

The flamer is useless considering dragonfire rounds.
I'll remove that, but now I have an available weapon slot. Another grav gun?

>but it's a genuine concern among a sizeable percentage of the fandom. Just saying.
True. But it's a retarded concern, which explains why a sizable percentage is concerned, because, as shown by many many many FAQ questions, a sizable portion of the fanbase is retarded.

You could do a successor chapter, no?

I might drop the GGs altogether for frags or meltas since IIRC you can't charge out of salvo.

There are some issues with your points totals. You're 5 points over, but you can trim a few halberds to get there.

The Librarians are costed correctly, but don't come with storm bolters at that price, they're an extra 5pts, but not worth it.

Terminator squads are a flat 200 with psycannon, 5 halberds, and melta bombs.

You'll need to drop 3 halberds or 1 melta bomb to get in at cost.

It's very desirable to have double weapons on dreadknights as they are your work horses. You can dump the relic to get one then need to trim somewhere else for the other heavy incinerator.

Psycannons on Terminators are good since they have relentless.

Crimson Fists are the go-to non-yellow bolter bros.

Why did you greentext that? I thought half the formation gets pinning and the other half gets to charge from DS? No overwatch is bad news for all non jet bike guys.

Everything is garbage so just take what you want

artillery is always good, not sure about meganobs or dakkajets

i hear psilencers are underrated due to force, s4 ap- but if you force enough wounds it'll pay off

can't charge out of rapid fire either so if charging was going to happen I just wouldn't fire that guy's gun. Maybe an inferno pistol?
My meta is power armor heavy so a grav gun seems prudent. I've got enough plasma guns in my space marine army and a melta gun isn't worth the bother since Vengeance rounds exist.

I don't really know much about the fluff, so I don't know what that entails as far as being consistent with other things. I'm fairly new to getting into Warhammer seriously

I already did one haha

what csm stuff can I take in a nurgle daemons list that isn't complete shit besides a heldrake and bikers

Hey, does anyone have the edit of this?

Spawn.

sorcerer, cultists, oblits are debatable and the defiler remains my favorite walker

They're just too floaty to work alone and expect to be even friendly competitive. First rank second rank fire would obliterate them.

You really need to run the Wraith Host formation with all Wraith Blades (they're not over powered Veeky Forums) if you want the minimum amount of non Harlequins in your army.

The best thing about Orks is you take whatever you want because it's all bad.

So I realize this is a bad time to ask since there are issues going on right now, but is this game worth playing at all? It seems interesting and I might start playing, but it seems like 100% nightmare going by this board.

I just want some Imperial Guard guys.

fucking around and playing with friends, yes.

going to your lgs and playing against autistic eldar and tau players, no

Guard are actually semi-balanced. A little weaker, but any game I've played against Guard has always been a fucking blast.

It's not fun if someone is powergaming
It is fun if you're just playing for fun
It's not well balanced but you can get around that depending on who plays what, but you won't be able to figure that out without playing

What do you expect for the next edition of 40k?

It can be pretty enjoyable as IG since we're mid-tier and have a decent variety of options. I win and lose against armies in tiers higher and lower since my group is just my friends. I'm also not done building and painting so I avoid playing random people. Its a blast to spend a day building and playing together, even got another friend into 40k because of it.

Even if table top goes to the shitter I still love the fat Leman Russ tank since it brings fond memories of playing Dawn of War with friends, its what brought me here.

Sigmarines.

more focus on fighting

Veeky Forums whining and sperging instead of acting like reasonable people.

A change similar to the change from 2nd to 3rd ed.

>So I realize this is a bad time to ask since there are issues going on right now
Not really. A huge amount of this stuff is overblown by a bunch of retards.
>but is this game worth playing at all?
It's fine and definitely worth playing. A whole lot of the stuff said here is exaggerated, and if you have a good FLGS or gaming group, the game is fine. Though, if you are worried, it always helps to start with a friend. I'm sure you know someone who could be convinced to start up the game.

Gaurd are about as middle of the road as you can get, not too OP but not weak either. You have some great units, esspecially if you're a fan of tanks, you have some good formations (and some great ones, looking at you psykana division), and acess to a whole bunch of allies.

>It seems interesting and I might start playing, but it seems like 100% nightmare going by this board.
Like I said, Veeky Forums often exaggerates things. Are there flaws with 40k? Yes. Is the game some completely broken mess where every player exclusively plays the most hypercompetive lists for the most competitive armies, and where nobody plays for fun and every one is an unreasonable person? No. Not at all.

Go to your LGS and see the Meta.

My meta is pretty fluffy and everyone is bad.

Yep, Veeky Forums is a place to complain and freak out about.

Nothing is as bad as Veeky Forums claims. Ever.

Slimming down and some level of balancing of the rules. Now this will in no way be anything close to what happened in the transition from WHFB to AoS, and I'm not sure if it will even be as drastic as the change from 2nd to 3rd.
As it stands the only thing that really needs to be improved in the basic rules in the formatting, making vehicles better, making assault viable and maybe some changes to the psykic phase, esspecially stuff like invisibility (I acctually wouldn't mind if it just went full on WHFB magic phase, just with different powers and only 1d6+total mastery levels warpcharges)

I'd also expect a greater attempt to balance the dexes.

>ebay.com/itm/Huge-Warhammer-40k-Painted-Tau-Army-/201641600280?hash=item2ef2c6a518:g:OY8AAOSwjXRXbEL5
>mfw

Posting on phone so not sure if these links will work.

I was thinking psycannons for anti vehicle. I'm worried that if I lose them I'll struggle with armour?

If I'm missing something fundamental or I've plain misunderstood just let me know. Still learning

Also should I put my daemon hammers on my justiciar or normal termites?

Only if they start dicking with and removing models to reflect a sigmarring. My friends and I already stopped earnestly following GW fluff a long time ago and only check in on occasion to see how much more shit it's gotten out of morbid curiosity

is this list casual enough?

>warpsmith veteran
>10 veterans, 2 meltas, champion with power sword, rhino
>5 veterans
>vindicator with siege shield
>contemptor dreadnought with double butcher cannon
>5 havocs with 4 missile launchers

945 points for now, whatr should I add to reach 1000?

>making vehicles better

as long as there are vehicle restrictions, sure

a huge column of armor with two supporting squads is fucking stupid

How do you effectively use Fire Warriors and other infantry troops/hq's? I have plenty but in most my games, they're unreliable except when I pump 200+ shots into a unit that deep striked behind my gunline. They just aren't as reliable as my suits in my experience, yet I don't want to play as a complete WAACfag.

Does any Sir, have the Deathwatch codex, photo edition?

Whining and spastic rage both here and other forum communities.

a small squad of cultists should fit?

good to have another objective holder

Mek guns are the closest thing Orks have to a competetive unit, it suffers from not being very tall and so has difficulty claiming cover. T 7 for cheap is still very strong. If you spam them hard enough you can probably make fluffy players hate you.

Meganobz and dakkajets are pretty okay as far as Orks go.

Cheating, finding bad or nice opponents are probably still what's going to matter most. As others have pointed out you aren't going to be crushing the meta with any of these choices, but mek guns are most likely going to bump the power level of your list a bit.

>cheating

are you actually suggesting he cheats to win?

>inb4 he means homebrew