Force of Will

Spoilers from last night.

Water Starter deck Ruler.

And that's it for today.

Also, I really don't know what to think about these Dragon cards. It feels a bit too easy to throw them on the field, especially this guy with Flame King's Shout.

Thinking about building the new ZERO J/Ruler. Which current cards should I be looking to get a few of in preparations for such.

I have a question too, to stop thread from dying, but is it worth it to by BfA booster boxes with the new box coming out?

BFA has some nice stuff in it. Rulers are garbage, but they do look pretty if they're full art. Overall though, I would only buy 1 at most for the C and U cards. Single the rest, if needed. Skipping it is fairly valid, if you could only get either Casket or BFA.

Hell yeah. Have any other starter decks been spoiled?

Millium and Fiethsing have been.

And Millium

Also, that Force symbol ability he has each time he attacks, he will not lose that unless he's removed from the field, so it can keep stacking and such.

dead

I really hope they dont make a darkness ruler with the mana abilit.

Black moon beam would just be too good

The water dragon is pretty garbage honestly. Fire dragon is very good but somewhat situational.

fire dragon is not situational at all because Flame King Shout is a card. T3, play FKS, drop the 12/12 dragon for free with swiftness and flying. Its gwiber for red

>Its gwiber for red
Isn't this way better than Gwiber though? I mean, Flame King's Shout is decent board clearing early on and giving the Flame Dragon Swiftness is kind of a nicer boon than being able to just drop Gwiber alone.

It will probably be Gill himself, and he probably won't be a ruler til L4 since we have a bunch of Luminaries left to reveal first. At that point, if the meta can't handle a "free" BMB then that'll just be one more case for rotating Alice out early.

Gwibs swings t3 at best, barring actually running matchstick combo in the same deck. Its effectively the same, you just have Gwiber as a blocker a turn earlier

What the fuck is the new card name text?

It hurts

Mercurius

Countered.

Which box is the best for someone who only has the Vingolf set really?

Neither, just wait for the new starter decks.

what you guys runnin

Blazer's Knights of the Round.

Literally just all Knights of the Round and support cards with them.

Alisaris
The only question with my deck is whether or not Urthr removes the remote control golems or I have to use a torching the timeline. Either way, Volga shall ensure you feel his pain.

This game has three problems.
>R/R
>Black Moonbeam
>no penalty Dual Stones

I mean I can deal with Dual Stones, it just speeds the ever-loving fuck out of the game.

Ban R/R and ban/errata Black Moonbeam and I'd love the game so much more than I already do. If Black Moonbeam was chaseable, it wouldn't be nearly as big of a deal as it is. But as it stands, it can ONLY be chased if you have a Wind-Secluded Refuge on the board, which your opponent obviously will know.

They're actually banning R/R soon.

They said they'll ban it if these new rulers don't make it less played.

Also Black Moonbeam is being nerfed with the changes to destroyed J-Rulers no longer losing their abilities and becoming Astrals.

>R/R is an issue
>LET'S MAKE BLACK MOONBEAM
>Black Moonbeam is an issue
>LET'S GET RID OF ASTRAL RULERS

memes aside, while I love how we're getting rid of Astral Rulers and now retaining abilities of their Ruler side with no more Judgement Activating after they die, I still think Judgement Activating is a big part of the game.

The way they're acting, it looks like they believe Judgement Activating is only there to blow their load when they flip then die, which is shit.

Decks where flipping to J-Ruler and then the J-Ruler staying on the field and doing stuff suffer greatly for this. Because everyone now mainboards or sideboards Black Moonbeam.

It's a bullshit card. If the card was:

2B Chant - Instant
Destroy target J-Ruler.

I'd be much happier. The card saying "CHASE ENDS FUCK YOU" after the aforementioned text is awful for as powerful of a card as it is.

Flame of the Outer World and Seal of Wind and Light are prime examples on how you make a card where the Chase ends. They don't hard counter a main mechanic of the game (unless the J-Ruler is 800 toughness or less for Flames) and they cost multiple colors making them a bit more challenging to rely on.

Someone refute my central points and tell me how I'm wrong.

I can't really dispute it, there's a reason you don't see Split Second in magic sets anymore.

>Still whining about BMB
Jesus christ.

Okay, I'll bite.
Why don't you think it's a problem?

Can you refute what I said in the tl;dr post?

Got myself a binder finally. Will dump my stuff later if anyone is interested.

Stop drinking mountain dew.

I really like the look of this new Mana mechanic, it seems super fun. But from this first batch of cards, it doesn't look like Mercurius uses it nearly as well as Mars.

I wonder how many of these Seven Luminaries are gonna get killed off. We've got a fuck load of characters right now and a lot of them seem hella powerful lore wise. I just hope it's not a totally one-sided stomp again like Alice Cluster was.

Is there a convenient spoiler site like mtg spoiler, or am I reduced to opening up a million tabs on the wiki?

The official website isn't great, but it has all the spoilers sorted into Preview Articles if you want to navigate the archives. It's not terrible, just not super streamlined either.

>Mtn dew

Why you hating on pitch black.

It's bad for you, think of your health.

New 4koma

Muh health

I bmb'd a r/r. It was amazing.

I really have no motivation to go to weekly events till the rotation. Every single fucking person plays nearly the same god damned deck each and every week.

gill's favorite dew

best so far

New things.

btw anyone figure out how to get these yet?

Last one.

>Finally mermaid tiddies
>Overcosted unplayable
J U S T
U
S
T

She seems Rapunzel style busted as hell, I like the look of her a lot, and for so cheap, too.

This fucking guy has an insane amount of potential. Dual Stones reign way too free, I like this guy.

Why does this even exist when Squire of the Ocean Lady exists? She's super cute though.

>Why does this even exist when Squire of the Ocean Lady exists? She's super cute though.
Most likely just synergy with other Fairy Tales.

Why are booster boxes so damn expensive in stores anymore?

Is it really worth it to buy a booster box?

It seems to me that singles are cheap enough that you can just buy the singles you want or need instead of chance it with a box. But I am new to the game.

Not at first when a new set is released, prices are kind of crazy for the first few days.

BMB ain't shit, Black/X decks had plenty of ways to absolutely skullfuck the opponent's J-Ruler without needing a card that does nothing if your opponent hasn't flipped. It's sideboard tech unless the meta goes absolutely bonkers with aggressive J-Rulers.

And that was before the removal of Astral rulers, now huge chunks of the game barely give a single fuck.

As far as reasons not to buy boxes go, "The singles are cheap enough" is probably the best one. I know in MTG and Weiss Schwarz you don't buy boxes because ratios are shit( I believe MTG is worse on that front though. Weiss also has sign cards, but that may or may not matter to a person.)

Really? They're cheaper than Magic boxes it seems.

Also >anymore.

You're from Philly?

109.99 for them isn't cheap, and it's like that at every shop nearby.

Wait, 110? Is that USD? Because BFA at my store is like 70.

Yep, every place nearby is $109.99 for the newest set, and the older ones go down to $89.99 and $99.99. I want to support the game in my area, but paying those prices can fuck right off. I paid $65 on Amazon with 2-day shipping for BFA and it worked out great. Buying packs here and there aren't so bad in-store, but anything else is just pointless.

I want to fuck Piruluk.

>Piruluk
Worst tastes.

I want to fuck Piruruk.