Are 40K demons stronger than fantasy demons?

Are 40K demons stronger than fantasy demons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WZzcEJQ8Hnw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes. Greater Daemons pop up and get killed before they destroy a country. Lesser Daemons are killed by a few guys with swords.

In 40k a single Greater Daemon effectively renders the planet lost unless there's Astartes nearby (there are exceptions, of course) and Bloodletters are dangerous in close combat for Space Marines and Eldar, each of the two making non-named elite fighters in fantasy look pretty bad.

fantasy demons could refer to any number of interpretations, not your specific usage of the term

I assume this is bait because even though he didn't clearly specify "Warhammer Fantasy" OP is clearly asking about the differencer between 40k Daemons and Warhammer Fantasy Daemons

Fantasy daemons destroyed entire universes and realities. Plenty of them had advanced civilizations.

40K daemons are struggling to eat one galaxy.

Fantasy daemons > 40K daemons.

I killed a Fantasy demon in WFRP 2e with a single ice spells.

Was extremely anti-climatic

As a whole? Yes.
Individually? A Bloodletter still loses in-fluff to a small group of dudes in cloth with swords if they work together.
An Astartes would absolutely shred through a WHFB Bloodletter.

I disagree.

Archaon who is a mere fantasy chosen warrior is said by a BL author who writes HH novels to be stronger than Horus.

>Mere fantasy chosen warrior

The guy is nothing short of an absolute powerhouse. His feats are beyond any Daemon Prince or Greater Daemon in the setting, especially after the End Times. He's not Human, he's not a mere Chosen.

No I think he's just stupid or doesn't know nothing about warhammer besides 40k.

I guess, yeah. Instead of a world, it's a galaxy. More souls, more and bigger daemons.

An Astartes is weaker than a Chaos Warrior by some margin.

Who keeps making these who and who threads

I dont fucking know depends on the writer to this shitty fan fiction

Do you have a source for that?

the thing here isnt the demons, but the humans. To stand a chance in 40k a human needs to have superior weapons or possibly be on god-roids like muhreens. in fantasy the humans are such bearded manly men that they can sometimes solo greater demons because they eat steak and eggs for breakfast.

youtube.com/watch?v=WZzcEJQ8Hnw

In "Know No Fear" one the ultramarines notices that daemons kind of shrug off bolter and las rounds, but die much easier in melee combat. Likely because of the primal emotional nature of H2H.
A dude in poofy shirt with a sword he thinks is blessed by sigmar > a dude in tacticool cardboard holding a flashlight

>Q : As well as your Archaon novels, you're also known amongst Black Library readers for your Horus Heresy fiction. But who would win in a fight between Archaon and a primarch?

>Rob Sanders : "Going to upset some folks either way on this one! I think it has to be Archaon. Think about it this way. All of the traitor primarchs were primarchs like their loyalist brothers before they turned to Chaos – and yet they still turned. They were the princes of the galaxy, the generals of colossal armies and the product of genetic engineering that bestowed upon them incredible gifts and abilities. Yet still about half of them turned to the Ruinous Powers. As the Everchosen of the Chaos gods, Archaon is ruin incarnate. He is chosen of all Chaos, not a single power like many of the favoured traitor primarchs"

>By extension Grimgor is more powerful than the primarchs
fug

Grimgor lost to Archaon even with an entire wind of magic bound to him. It was a close fight, but once Archaon combined his own power with that of the daemon in his sword, Grimgor got BTFO

Hang on, I thought the Demons in Age of Sigmar (fanasty) were literally the exactly the same as the ones in 40K?

Like a Demon mini could be used in every game, stats and everything.

Aren't they the same fucking thing?

>author opinion
Into the >>/trash/ it goes.

And Ka'Bandha, of Wrath of Khorne rank, was also beating incarnates until Sigmar showed up. There are Bloodthirster types more powerful still. Chaos > all others

They can be used in both games but are not on the same powerlevel. See 5 Marines against 20 Blootletters is a fair fight 40k.

5 Marines could wreck the Fantasy Empire by themselves,

They are the exact same Daemons, but there is a very clear power difference (mostly due to the large difference in terms of scale for the settings).

I always thought the Daemon's in 40k were more powerful simply because they have a sort of foothold in the material realm with the Eye of Terror. While the spilling of the Warp isn't as concentrated everywhere in the galaxy, there is still quite a bit for the Daemons to have a good manifestation anywhere for the most part.

While in Fantasy, aside from the Chaos Wastes, they don't have as much of a influence. Sure the corruption can, and has been, spread at times, there are active forces pushing it back.