Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Mother. Fucking. BIRDS edition.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Horror Adventures: imgur.com/a/r2TOH
imgur.com/a/odYOE

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strix_(mythology)
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/k/ki-leech
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do not rape the bird. The bird is for hug.

Do not lewd the goetia.

Yes hello I am bird.

How do bird best in Pathfinder?

Tengu Claw and Beak Ninja

It's owl time

Hello bird!

Be a syrinx cleric or druid with the feather domain!

HOOT.

Worship Pazuzu.
Pazuzu pazuzu pazuzu.

Strix or Syrinx Eagle Shaman Druid with the Feather Domain, giving you a bird animal companion so you have to take Boon Companion even though you're a Druid but it doesn't matter because you're birding harder than anyone has ever birded before

How many identifiable bird types are there in 3PPF? Syrinx are owls, Akashic Mysteries has falcons, ibis, and vultures, who knows what the hell strix are, tengu are crows, and corby are ravens... What else is available?

Duckmancer class when?

>ywn play an Awakened Axe Beak
>ywn be the murderous Chocobo you've always wanted to be

Why even bird?

Strix are black people.

What is the ideal bird race to play if I want to be majestic as FUCK?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strix_(mythology)

user, that's called a thrallherd.

HOOT

Tengu, according to PF art.

>boobplate
>not pigeon-breasted cuirass

I give that 3 out of 10 hoots.

>Bird thread

HECK YES

>decide to play a full-Int "dude skills lmao, fuck cha" empiricist investigator for 1-on-1 iron gods campaign my GM wanted to do
>after finalizing the character I was going to play, the GM says he thinks it would be cool if I took leadership, since there wouldn't be any headaches for other players
>my empiricist has a -3 cha mod

JUST-

That looks like someone's awful OC of Falco Lombardi Rule 63

Megadodo

>HOOT YES

His cohort should be a Syrinx researcher that thinks your awkward human mannerisms (which are actually your -3 CHA autistic ramblings) are adorable.

Has he considered just giving you allies, user

Dinosaurs had feathers.

Should dragons have feathers?

Would a Red look good in obsessively manicured plumage?

There's actually a feathered red dragon variant in AD&D.

Dragons aren't dinosaurs.

What, that bad? Really?

FINE THEN.

HAVE A CHARMING LAD BIRD.

I see your bird lad and raise you a bird Big Bad

Does he vomit up owl pellets and reanimate them?

Not with that attitude.

I will meet your owl with one of my own.

Yes he does. Do you have a problem with that?

What sound does a Tengu make when it's angry?

Hostile chirping?

>Has he considered just giving you allies, user
I do get a "free" ally, but that's partly because, even if it's a passive role, the GM wanted to bounce a character he knew he'd never get a chance to use otherwise. He just decided to specifically mention "hey, you could still take leadership for a cohort, wink wink". Maybe I can just ask about some alternative, but... The funny thing is, I had like, four other characters that were all cha-based that I wanted to play. It's just that they wouldn't have worked in Iron Gods, since:
>hardness
>"dude tech feat tax"
>construct immunities

>GM absolutely adores the joke enchantment sorcerer I made
>decides on the one AP that that character absolutely would never work in

God I hope so.

I'll meet your own with a spooky scary skeleton

>Birds

>Tfw Ravenlords have to treat their raven as a bird animal companion
>Birds are Size: Small which is minimum 2ft
>You can't be an ominous harbinger with your raven on your shoulder because that's a pretty large bird size

Have it sit on your head and nest in your hair.

Have it turn Large or Huge and sit on its shoulder instead

Do the falcon thing and keep it on your arm.

I already do those (Yay free flying mount) but it's kind of awkward during indoor or talking scenes. Especially on a low-strength character.

Is this birdfinder general?

yes.

What's this from?

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari (The Rising of the Shield Hero); guy ends up going to a fantasy world and becomes the eponymous hero, only to find that he's looked down on and despised compared to the other, more popular heroes. Slavery and level-grinding daughterus ensues.

How do you deal with a player who keeps trying to sneak things passed you as a DM and viciously defends his cheating till you quote rules without just singling out his character?

For reference this happens every second session or so.

Just kick his arse to the curb?

Yep.

This is a game heavily reliant on the people playing it, and one person who just can't be trusted about it can bring the whole thing down.

Like what? I do my math wrong pretty frequently and I'm happy when people call me out. Are they obvs trying to win, or are they just dumb like me?

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

He keeps trying to tell me a bunch of things that don't provoke AoOs do, trying to get his familiar to do a bunch of tricks he refuses to train for, claims it can speak a language it was never taught because it has 6 INT, trying to argue that at level 3 he can roll a bunch of skills for his familiar and get the info through telepathy, even when it would have no impact on the empathetic link.

Also refusing rewards in character then complaining when he gets nothing.

Just ban tim if he does that all the time.

>Also refusing rewards in character then complaining when he gets nothing.

What kind of rewards are we talking about here? Just normal stuff?

And to be fair, familiars (Actual familiars, not animal companions) don't need to learn Tricks.

Hey guys, how wise is it to attempt to run a level 12, 16 or even 20 campaign while freely allowing content from both 3.5 and Pathfinder? Would you play in such a catastrophe?

>running an adventure above level 6

Forgot my pic.

This will end in what the criminal is pretending are just "half-familiars" and not the products of his rape won't it.

A lot of gold, it's offered and he says no but the party is like yeah sure.

It's more like, uh, words? moreso than the Trick mechanic, so he tries to get it to find stuff it wouldn't be able to relay or even recognise.

Also tried to survival in a forest that for story reasons was completely dead, no animals, no berries nothing but husks of inedible wood and threw a fit when I told him he found no food.

>m both 3.5 and Pathfinder? Would you play in su
combining stuff from 3.5 AND pathfinder together generates some issues, as some classes were completely re released better, and the prestige options from 3.5 splat stuff brings in a whole nother can of worms

never play a Druid before...

If a campaign start at level 7 (and possibly going into high teen or even 20).... Is it better to take a Domain rather than Animal Companion?

>as some classes were completely re released better

I got that covered.

Actually, Fighters and Rogues are technically nerfed in PF due to the way combat maneuver feats have been split up for no good reason (so Fighters actually end up getting less bang for their buck even though they have more feats in theory) and Sneak Attack is no longer triggered by things like Blink and precision damage no longer applies to thrown flasks and such while all of the Rogue's other roles (trap disarming and the like) can be better handled by other classes (an Archaeologist Bard, for instance).

So I'm well aware of all that shit and have taken care of it.

>and the prestige options from 3.5 splat stuff brings in a whole nother can of worms

Yes, that's the point.

Say, you can also freely use weapon and armor/shield special qualities from both games.So you could technically have a +1 metalline holy grayflame everbright falcata of mighty smiting and stunning surge alongside a +1 clangorous blueshine heavy steel shield of greater healing and determination while wearing a +1 greater blurring adhesive righteous valiant titanic blueshine hellknight plate of greater healing and determination.

Crocodile Domain

>TFW I joined an adventure at 7th
>tfw we're now 10th and there's no bullshit players trying to to break the game
>tfw the only remotely bad player was a 14 year old who still wasn't that bad
>tfw he's leaving to school so there's going to be nothing but good players
Is this heaven?

The companion can generally get you better DPS and more combat options, but then it's one extra creature you have to take care of on your turns (not even getting into summoned animals), plus you'll need to spend your gold to equip it.

It's not as bad as a Summoner, but I've played with druids who I wished didn't bother with their animal companion because they took long enough deciding what one of character would do on a turn, nevermind two.

I never understand that behavior. Why do some people take forever to decide what to do during their turn?

Why don't think think about it before their turn come?

Define "breaking the game"... My GM think I broke his game, while all I have done is breaking his railroad via spells.

I know where you got that.....

And I'm proud of you! points for you today!

basically no people trying to cheat, fudging rolls, deliberately minmaxing, reading through the adventure path, ninth level casters and other good casters are picking spells that fit their character, not necc based on how powerful they are, ect.
it's really nice.

I actually found it from the reaction images I had relatively recently.

>griffindor
Heh.

something to think about...

Tim doesn't deserve that.

My Ravenlord's Dark Messenger exploits his unnaturally large wingspan to look intimidating.

And also to troll his 'owner'. Oscuro's an ass, and is endlessly frustrated by her refusal to confront her troubles.

What are the rules for attacking a specific square when its occupied? Normally a square has an ac of 10 but what if, say, a PC is on it?

...? You roll to attack whatever's in the square

The AC of the square is still the same. It just won't hit what's standing in it unless it's an area effect, and in the case of splash weapons, they'd only take the splash damage, not the direct hit damage.

What are you attacking with?

I was thinking of having a sorta Giant monster work like that, with an oversized hammer to just smash a square or several at a time.
And maybe, perhaps, bypass the absurdly high AC of the tank. Maybe.

If you're going with something like that, then Reflex saves would probably be better. It's like being crushed by a boulder, armor won't help against that, all you can do is get out of the way.

Thats what I was thinking, yeah, allowing reflex.
Though would it be reflex for half or reflex to completely avoid it?

I'd say reflex for half.

Then if someone has evasion, they get to enjoy having it.

Cuz that's an important thing to remember. You don't want to challenge everyone all the time. Sometimes you want to provide situations that people are strong at, so it doesn't feel like they're not getting benefit from those abilities.

What's the difference beetween Player Companions and Campaign Settings?

Player Companions are mostly character options and crunch. Campaign Setting books focus more on story, fluff, and plot hooks for GMs.

Pretty new to PF (and even 3.5), this is my 3rd character, Unchained Monk (seems monk was weak and GM gave me access to this instead), I'm 6th level and got access to Ki power, thinking in Elemental Fury, yes or no? Another suggestion?

Ask to play a steelfist commando or aurora soul instead.

It's not exciting but acceptable

If you don't have a druid in the party, pick up Barkskin instead. If you don't have a ranged attack, consider Ki Arrow, Scorching Ray, or Mighty Fist of the Earth

You're a faggot, you know that?

>consider Ki Arrow, Scorching Ray, or Mighty Fist of the Earth
those are expensive as fuck for the little they do, better have a couple of crossbows

Ki Arrow has its uses m8

Ki powers are free after level 10 anyway

>Ki powers are free after level 10 anyway
How? sincerely asking

d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/k/ki-leech

Although according to Horror Heroes you're going to be instantly Lawful Evil after level 10 as well

>implying spellcaster alignment isn't Wizard

>you can steal some of that creature’s ki.
Does a fighter have ki? does it matter if you steal his ki?

Every living creature "has ki", this has no mechanical implications. Hungry ghost monks can even get ki from rocks.

So why "stealing" something that has literally no
repercussion is evil? And I say "stealing" because you don't actually lose ki, I'd use "pirating"

>So why "stealing" something that has literally no repercussion is evil?

Because it just is. And it's necromancy. So it's EVIL.

Flaming Crow Strike used to be evil too. and all it is is flaming birds.

Bearded Vulture based around the Skeksis, except fancy as fuck.