WH40k General:

Nothing of Note Edition

>Last Thread
>48811246

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s) (Updated 8/11/18)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V8.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

1st post best post

Can CSM use normal Dreadnoughts?

How would you feel if I brought three of these to the table for a 8.5k game?

Death Masque worth it?

With a brand new faction added, new supplements and models, and a brand new edition on the way we here at GW are proud to announce that 40K IS DEAD HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

pretty shitty. I'd say 10k at minimum. Unless you outfit him with bad guns. also depending on what your opponent brings.

thats fine/// ill just bring 500 plague bearers-- Nurgles Rust bitch!

Which army do you think should get new models first? I don't mean new units, I mean new plastics. Sisters of Battle is not an option.

Thread ded while I was replying.

Guess I drop the possessed? Maybe the screamers?

Thinking on it, I like the idea of a coven of 1kSons using demon hybrids a lot. They ritualistically bind demons into armor based on the rubric, which is where they get their Oblits and Talons.

Horrors are little annoyances that show up are are used as batteries for their rituals.

Possessed are volunteers for flesh binding rituals in an attempt to infuse psyker powers and princes are the successful ones.

Forgeworld has variants. IA13. Generally not worth it, get a contemptor

Hey Veeky Forums, hey Veeky Forums!

What's the only thing stronger than Wardian Power Armour?

Wardian Plot Armour!

nyak nyak nyak nyak

Seriously tempted to buy one of these. Tell me why I shouldn't.

Imperial Guard. All of their characters with the exception of the new commissar and enginseer are either finecast or metal.

Also need new cadian plastics, too many moldlines.

I think 40 units of Repentia with psyker support might have a chance at taking that

You should.

But only if /40kg/ likes how your models are painted.

your friends don't play apoc

Airbrushed base, then gone over carefully with regular brushes and weathered? and probably stenciled designs instead of water transfers. Or the brass ones from FW.

All the guys at my store seem to prefer 2-3k+ but also play lower point games without qualm.

Its weird but I like it.

Show us pictures, user.

>Dominion unit with 4 meltas in TLMMolator is 180 points
>47 Of those is 8460
>4 of those squads have a combi melta
>239 scouting melta guns that ignore cover

What if the new faction is "dark age of humanity humans" that somehow survived outside the galaxy or in a rift or some stupid shit and they come back and start kicking ass with their super high tech shit.

Like armies made of men of iron and super advanced armor.

My titan can pwn your titan

Would you buy a Cults and Militia style book to represent all the random xenos factions out in the galaxy?

Doesn't that not have any S:D though?

How much does that cost
Yes

How big of a faggot am I if I take Riptides... but also Crisis Suits, rail gun Broadsides, Stealth suits, Ghostkeel, and a Tau'nar?

No Stormsurges, they look like shit IMO.

Moderate to severe faggotry.

how many people make sure their their color scheme is complementary and aesthetically pleasing ?

A giant faggot you ducking retard.
>"Hey guys I want to play an OSC with my FSE! I'm a cool guy, right?"
Fuck your mechafetish, you disgust me.

Pardon me, but do any of you gentlemen have a link to the leaks of the deathwatch datasheets?

I'm currently building an Invaders army, and a lot of my models have deathwatch shoulders since the Invaders had such a hard-on for them and sent a lot. Figured I can double.

Don't they ditch the =][= shoulders after they leave the DW?

user there are only 11 Invaders left canonically.

Which I'd represent as an allied detachment of a tac squad and probably a chapter master.

Wait, is that Loss?

I make sure I like my colours and anything passed that is irrelevant.

Muh purple yellow Dark Angels and Blue, Bronze and Gold Necrons

Here you go.
Have fun making new, near heretical combi-weapons.

Like the combi-melta power fist.

combi heavy bolter/flamer.

And special ammo out the ass. (Shottie special ammo, heavy bolter special ammo, bolt pistol boltgun and stalker boltgun special ammo)

Okay good.

but i play slaanesh; garnish is aesthetically pleasing

my local comic shop is getting warhammer 40k by the end of the month and i've always wanted to try the game for myself

Should i roll with marines or the orks as a beginner

Is my color scheme fine?

It was my understanding that any marine who was previously in the deathwatch has the right to wear the steel arm/pauldron alongside their regular chapter colors.

Yea I'm aware there are only 11 left, I figured I'd be playing them when they were at greater strength, or when they WILL be at greater strength.

Marines are infinitely better in terms of tabletop, quantity of lore, and table top support.
They also come in different colors.

Mostly you should choose the army you like the look of.

Uhh, my Sisters are as follows:

Black primer
Armor: Bolt Gun highlighted Mythril
Robes: Mechrite, highlighted Blood, and washed Baal
Insignias: Bronze, washed Badab, dry brushed gold.
Hair: white because I can't get black to look like anything but a solid mass no matter how thing I get it.

In the most boring sense of the word it is fine.

>It was my understanding that any marine who was previously in the deathwatch has the right to wear the steel arm/pauldron alongside their regular chapter colors.

This is funny to me, because that is an older bit of canon and you see it repeated in the FFG books, and it is even on the cover of Blood of Asaheim. But in the book Ingvar says he had all of the trappings of the Watch stripped from him but a small pendant representing his DW squad and his Stalker boltgun.

I like the idea they keep the pauldron though, it is a nice touch.

Thanks dogg

192 meltas and 47 TL MMs score 170 hits at BS4, reduced to 164 hits by six void shields, reduced to 109 hits by 5++ vs shooting. If the titan didn't have armored ceramite to negate the melta rule, those 109 hits would be about 18 glances and 50 pens, for 25 explodes results and an average of 118 hull points which would be enough to kill all three titans in one round of shooting.

Unfortunately, it does, meaning you'll only score your 18 glances vs AV15 and (assuming 24 hits against AV14 rear) 4 penetrations and 2 explodes results against AV14, for 21 + 2d3 averaging 25 hull points stripped off in one round of shooting. Not quite enough to get hack through all 30 points. That said, you're about one good penetration away from blowing the whole thing up, which you could get by stuffing a few more dominions into the back.

But even if they didn't have the Armored Ceramite rule, you'd still have the major problem where after the first titan explodes, 5/6s of the Dominions and 5/6s of the Immolators are going to fail their 6++ on the fuckhuge blast template it leaves behind when it dies - which could sort of be remedied by shooting all three Titans down to a few hull points and then hoping they blow each other up in death (assuming you've managed to dig up S9 AP1 non-melta armorbane weapons for your dominions somewhere).

Warlord Titan a shit.

Is it super cheese to bring one unit of wulfen with 2 thunderwolf cav (3 wolf each) in my SW army

(edit) i mean 2 wulfen

What point total?

Playing in a 750 1 HQ infantry only tournament on Sunday. Rate my list please

750 point KDK CAD

HQ
Chaos Lord - 175
>Termie Armor, Kor'Lath Axe of Ruin, Combi-Plasma

Troops

Bloodletters -130
>10 man, Intruments of chaos, banner of blood

Chaos Space marines - 145
>8 man, Flamer x1 , CS + BP everyone else

Elite

Chaos Terminators - 119
>3 man, Combi-Plasma x3, Power Axe on Sarge, Power Maul on other two

Fast attack

Warp Talons - 180
> 5 man

What I'm hoping is that the Bloodletters can DS in and bring in the Warp Talons accurately to blind enough things for the rest of my army to let the rest of my army get in position for a charge. Termies can either foot slog or ds in as well.

cav also get +1 WS because of company of the great wolf formation

Would I be That Guy to bring the Heroes Path at 500 points? I'm worried that the Solitaire is going to be OP at that point level.

Gonna get wrecked. Infantry only means you'll never make it into assault.

Not at all then.

Suggestions? I kinda hoped all the DS would help, plus a free BT once the Chaos lord dies tanking for which ever squad I feel is important. I'm painting up some Blood reavers to use as cultists right now.

what if I have 1 wulfen and 2 cav at 1500?

>1 hq infantry only
i hate that shit, mainly because it doesnt actually balance the game, it just makes tau and eldar better since nothing gets nice metalbox bubblewrap against their autistic firepower
might be a little much, as the solitaire is pretty nasty, but at the same time a squad of bolter marines can take him down pretty reliably

IMO orks are just cooler to look at and more customisable, but SM are also pretty damn cool in terms of fluff

Been playing Unbound Space Wolves, want to actually make it a Battleforged list though, and don't really know where to start. Only have played five games so far, as far as I can see I'm good at melee but until I get in rage I'm trash:

Bjorn, Helfrost Cannon 220 pts
Wolf lord; stormshield/thunder hammer 150 pts
Wolf Guard w/ Rhino; 4x bolter, 4x chainsword, 3x plasma pistol, 2x storm bolter (Really had no idea what to kit these with) 415 pts
Wulfen; 222 pts
Thunderwolves; 165 pts

Any help?

So I'm planning to ally my Eldar with some Orks, which is the klan that's kinda-sorta down with dealing with other races? Blood Moons? Blood Crescents? Pretty sure it's blood something...

I'm making a SW army and i think the company of the great wolf detachment is pretty good for cav and WG terminators.

Your army actually fits into the detachment so it doesn't HAVE to be changed

>Can it get across the field fast
No
>Can it get across the field safely
Deepstrike is risky
>Can I deepstrike those guys
You'll have to have some zany good reserve rolls to get in your daemons one turn before the Talons
>Can it take on a tank
No
>Can it take on a walker
No
>Can it take on Termies
Only for a turn of plasma firing
>What about hordes
One flamer.

Too many pricey units. What other models do you have lying around?

Would you say the wolf guard have a stupid weapon selection, seems pointless to me to take so many different types of weapons

yea, I prefer keeping them all hammer/shield or all double wolf claw. How many do you have in the unit?

10, when I get another pack I'll do that

What do you use for ranged combat and vehicles? Do you just send in wulfen and thunderwolves?

>Can it get across the field fast
Infantry only so only thing I have that moves more htan 6 inches are raptors n Warp talons, which is why I wanted to rely on DS.
>Can it get across the field safely
Not like I have anything else that can make it across the field safely. Between Admech players with their ability to spam grav cannons and Eldar bs should I just run like 20 cultists instead of the CSM?
>Can I deepstrike those guys
I mean as long as I bring the letters in, their banners take effect the turn they come in and I can automatically bring in the Warp Talons with the instruments right?
>Can it take on a tank
N/A since its infantry only tourny
>Can it take on a walker
N/A since its infantry only
>Can it take on Termies
This is kinda why I wanted the combi plasma on the termies instead of the Combi-flamers like I originally planned. 3 plasma shots is probably as good as I'll get within this point limit.
>What about hordes
Ya I agree with you, I think since I want the Chaos Lord to die anyways for my free Blood thrister I might as well take his combi-plasma and put it else where.

Pretty tempted to switch out the CSM squad for like 20 cultists.

I've got grey hunters (2x plasma) and a rune priest on a bike. Otherwise I have canis wolfborn to go with the cav and send them in. Then I've got a unit WG hammernators dropping down in a drop pod.

This is all subject to change because the only thing I've actually bought and built is the grey hunters

I guess alternatively I have like 20+ berzerkers, 20+ CSM , 10 more letters and 10 raptors.

Oh my bad, I thought it was HQ being infantry only.

IIRC the banner has to be on the field at the start of the turn to allow safe deepstrike, although the instrument allows you to call in another unit with them.

Take the 20 cultists. You need the bodies to screen your more important stuff and draw all the fire. I would actually swap out the bloodletters for them, since you're trading 10 fragile bodies for 20 fragile bodies, and just cross my fingers with the deep strike. You'll probably need your CSM and their armour save more.

Grab raptors over Talons, blind is a gimmick of an ability and Raptors can go fast to drop a special weapon on some fools. With some cover to hug you won't even have to DS them.

Blood axes, their thing is they like to be (reletivly) orginized and wear (looted/copied) uniforms.

Blood Axes you stupid smelly elf

>play first game against dkok
>don't know what to expect
>get fucked by tunneling fuckers and artillery out the ass

Krieg is the best, truly.

That's the work of 500 years of atomic cleansing. You filthy Heretic.

Probably still fine, as long as you aren't using them to fuck over lower tier armies.
That's my general fear with my Harlequins-. I'm going to end up with a mediocre army that pisses people off because it wins big when it doesn't die terribly.

>dkok nerd thinks he's hardcore with his fortifications and artillery nest in the middle of the board
>webway portal archon with archangel of pain+armour of misery in the middle of them
>deletes an earthshaker battery and nearly dunks 2 medusa batteries
granted, it was an apoc game but so goooood
outside of that though, them negroes be scary

Because assembling it would be hell?

Imperial Guard are such weird little troglodytes.

I want to spaghetti western a Deathwatch kill team. What kind of conversions am I in for? Horsemen "bikers," double pistol gunslingers, but what else?

Hmm did they confirm that in the FAQs? Teleport Homers and stuff specifically say they need to be on the table for a turn before they work but the banners don't say they have this limit.

Should I just try a slaughtercult instead then?

>archon with archangel of pain+armour of misery
DE are one of the few armies that specify that a given model may only take one relic. I like the strategy though.

How many maker lights and stormsurge can be bought to the table in 8500?

Cowboy hats and lassos.

Kind anons can I have some advice, I am looking to build a competitive 450pt army that can hold its own against a range of different forces. I've no idea where to start, I was considering going harlequins but I worry about meeting large MCs and vehicles. I thought about taking some marines (I'm usually a blood angels player) but the points add up too quickly to get units that have any impact. One idea I had was an army that consisted of just dreadnoughts - but that has obvious limitations. What would anons suggest I do?

Do you really mean 450?

Yes indeed

How fair is this list?

Cryptek w/ nightmare shroud
(10) Gauss Immortals
(1) NightScythe transport

(4) Ghostarks w/ 10 warrior squads
(6) Whip Coil Wraiths
(6) Whip Coil Wraiths

I really would like opinions about this build in order to gauge fairness before use.

Oh, just a really small point total to even worry about being competitive.

oops, 1846

You have too little creative space at 450/500 points to take an all comer's list in 40k proper. Try the HoR kill team rules if you want small games.

what program is this image from?

Just a general lore question:What are the viewd of SoB towards Space Marines?
I mean, yeah, mutants (technically) but they're mutants crafted in His image and are his most loyal warriors?
Was rereading the SoB novel and noted that they didn't seem to think too highly of Space Marines despite, y'know, Astartes being Astartes?

An unbound list, right?

A canoptek harvest detachment would be pretty solid.

Canoptex Harvest
>Canoptek Spyder (100)
>...x2

>Canoptek Wraith (258)
>...x6
>Whip Coils

>Canoptek Scarabs (80)
>...x4
438/450 pts

You have 12 pts left to take options for your spyders.

It would be bretty gool. It's only a problem if its every week.

That is the most cancerous suggestion we've had in a while. Good job faggot.

He said "competitive" and "can hold its own against a range of different forces."

From his own description, he's expecting his opponents to bring MC's and tanks at 450pts.