MTG Conspiracy 2 Spoilers

Make a Wish edition

Other urls found in this thread:

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=405145
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Creature - Giant

When Protector of the Throne enters the battlefield, you become the monarch.

If damage would be dealt to you, you may instead have that damage be dealt to Protector of the Throne.

"Outside the game" is the cards you've drafted but didn't include in your deck, right?

In draft yes, in constructed it's side board. It used to be any card you owned outside the game and had access to, but it's been errata'ed

Yup.

Except for 5 alpha basic lands.

(Those you have functionally infinite of.)

Queen Marchesa is going to make some waves in Duel Commander, that's fucking neat. I love everything about her.

what other modern/vintage reprints do you guys want to see?

The monarch mechanic alone is going to completely change how commander is played. Im really hoping for a R 1/2 with haste and a monarch interaction. Id wish for a 2/2 but muh draft

Wurmcoil Engine, Oath of Druids, Abrupt Decay, Kitchen Finks, Knight of the Reliquary.

They're all cards that are around that price range and need reprints.

Baghdad

>darretti went to new phyrexia and sketched out the design for his own wormcoil engine after seeing them himself
>muzio steals the design after killing him
too bad it would kill limited.

Mythic like Pristine Angel.

How does Burning Wish interact with cards that get removed from your draft pool, such as by Animus of Predation?

If theyre removed from the draft they arent eligable to be used in the draft, just like cards from your standard/modern/commander deck arent eligable to be used in that draft.

>Daretti got infected and didn't realise it
>Newer Phyrexia

Inb4 tiny print run of a set Wizards wants people to spam draft.

that is really clunky

Fun little effect for black.

More reprints.

That is really fucking strong, holy jesus they actually tried with monarch

I feel in 4+ player this paints too big a target on your head for something that cannot defend you well.

very powerful, but very "GET EM"

You can be the Monarch in EDH ?

As long as someone plays a monarch card, yes.

All conspiracy cards are legal in commander you goof. Where do you think marchesa dack fayden and such came from?

I don't play EDH

>you become the monarch
Increasingly disappointed to see this text on more and more things.

The chance of keeping it for an entire round is very low. It's roughly the same as "Draw a Card".

>set titled Take the Crown
>surprised to see a fair number of cards that let you do just that

Even more reprints.

Not surprised. Dissapointed. Its a blank outside of draft.

>blank outside of a draft
The monarch isn't a draft only mechanic. It works in eternal formats and commander.

Theres literally nothing wrong with reprints

No shit? Well that's neat.

you can become the monarch in legacy, vintage, and commander.

All I want now is a white creature with flash that has "When ! enters the battlefield, you become the monarch." Just to fuck with decks that use cards to become the monarch rather than combat.

>Daretti got infecti

>lotsa spaghetti

You also need a bunch of cards that say 'you become the monarch' because the monarch card isn't in play until someone becomes it.

The monarch card can bounce around naturally, and these cards will grab control of it without having to attack after that, but until someone actually plays something that makes them the monarch for the first time in a game, no one is the monarch and the card doesn't exist.

I really want a cycle of spells that give you additional effects if you are the monarch when you cast them. Like, 'destroy target creature. If you are the monarch, destroy an additional target creature'.

>the monarch card
the card is like an emblem, the actual card is irrelevant. it's just a reminder for the game state.

Where is my

Illusiononary crown
Artifact
"If you are the monarch and someone else would become the monarch you may instead sacrifice ~ and stay the monarch"

>Not using a paper crown

this.

Emblems don't change controllers, user. Imagine the clusterfuck of having to remember who is the current monarch on top of the card's abilities.

Day 2 begins in earnest with new shit.

More melee cards

It's good to have the crown

Oh look, blue gets card advantage. Must be a conspiracy.

waifu confirmed

>secretly name a card

I can hear the judge calls already.

That's why you write the name down and put it under the conspiracy

Finally a good boros commander?

possible blade of selves synergies (obviously not attached to general)

>What is Iroas

You are supposed to tell the judge or show the person next to you that you wrote it down on a paper and put it under the card as you draft it.

Hot damn I like her. Wish she was 1 cheaper though.

Sure, it's simple, in theory. People will still have problems.

Just remove the off-color cards you get that you'll never use.

Not really. You stick a scrap of paper either in the sleeve or under the card during pre-game setup. If a player tries anything else to dance around that shit, I'm going to have a long talk and it's likely someone's going to Dairy Queen.

She's at minimum a 5/5 when attacking though.

Nope. Myriad triggers after attacks are declared and creates the tokens tapped and attacking. Not a bad thought though.

The copies wouldn't get the attack trigger
A miserable little pile of secrets.

the ability "draw a card at the end of turn"? I image it'd be pretty fucking easy.

No its required we had 2 or 3 conspiracies thrown out last time because the player did not inform anyone.

It was even announced before the draft you had to inform one of the three judges on any of your secret things.

Its more about the timing and how quickly I can use her ability.

She's only slightly better than Agrus Kos IF you attack everyone. So, no.

Isnt melee triggered ability? put it on stack 1st so it resolves last

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=405145

>Although the tokens enter the battlefield attacking, they were never declared as attackers. Abilities that trigger whenever a creature attacks won’t trigger, including the myriad ability of the tokens. If there any costs to have a creature attack, those costs won’t apply to the tokens.

Removal is fairly sparse in limited, but it's definitely a target.
On the other hand, most people won't try to unmonarch you while it's up.

Oh baby its time for some Legacy staples.

This guy is a monster.

>three judges
>for an 8 man draft
>in a super casual multiplayer draft set
Seems a bit excessive. Write it on a piece of paper, and put the paper under the conspiracy (or in the same sleeve). Worked for the first conspiracy set and should be the same now.

OH BABY THEY COULDNT REPRINT IMPERIAL RECRUITER SO THEY GAVE US THE NEXT BEST THING

New Imperial Recruiter? That doesn't find painter's servant, but still. Pretty neat.

That is some nice art.

isn't that just a colordshifted Imperial Recruiter?

oh boy.

>as you draft it.
Not how it works.

>702.105a Hidden agenda is a static ability that functions as a conspiracy card with hidden agenda is put into the command zone. “Hidden agenda” means “As you put this conspiracy card into the command zone, turn it face down and secretly name a card.”

There where just under 100 people playing that day. It was the day it released.

Hehe cheeky fucks... at least it still works for imperial painter ar imperial taxes.

Imperial recruiter finds stuff with 2 or less power.

heh, close enough.

Interesting. So you can change it each match game.

Neat. Imperial Recruiter who looks for small butts rather than small blades.

Doesn't find painter, this one searches toughness, and painter's a 1/3.

Well recruiter of the guard doesn't find painter's servant, so it can't be imperial recruiter 5-8 in legacy painter.

>Death&Tutors

well you can fetch Imperial Recruiter to fetch Painter

:^)

I'm happy about some of these reprints.

Well you aren't wrong.

WE NEED MORE SPEARS

I know /tg is bad at magic but please try to use a single brain cell before posting

If you're playing Casual, it's any cards at all. Otherwise it's either sideboard or draftpool.

And if you already have it you can tutor a SFM. Interesting.

>Inb4 someone points out that she's black an we have a huge shitstorm

>It used to be any card you owned outside the game and had access to
That was only ever true in Casual play, and still is. When the exile zone was still called 'removed from the game', however, wishes could get those cards, including Wishes you had already cast - which was not entirely redundant in a deck like Mirari Wake.

I'd rather use the metalcraft dude that gives a global +3/+0 to your dudes.

>Recruiter of the Guards
>Recruits creatures with low toughness
>The person responsible for recruiting guards intentionally rectruits people that don't guard well

in limited, "cards you own outside the game" are limited to your card pool. So cards removed from your card pool by Animus would not be wishable.

While the spoilers so far seem to be of a much lower powerlevel than Conspiracy 1; a couple of the cards seem to play really fun. Except Summoner's Bond, that card is busted.

Archdemon of Palino (should be a little stronger but oh well) and that blue wizard that lets you cast off color instant/sorceries you drafted without even including them in your deck both seem like they'll be great to play with.

I mean they CAN give us imperial. It's not on the reserved list

I wish they made a wish that lets me grab what I want and then spend any mana to cast it.

Thats the problem with wishes for me. Its its in my colors and I need it I likely already have it in my deck. Its only cards outside of my colors that I cant splash properly for that I would ever want.