Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General: We Wuz Tomb Kangz n' Shiet edition

Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy

>Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=Ocm8QdNR_d8

Link to last thread:48765387

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

RIP Settra, you magnificent bastard.

Plastic Blood Knights soon. You heard it here first.

If Nagash didn't fuck everything up, do you think the Liche priests would have eventually found a way to bring Settra Back in the shiny golden god body he wanted?

New Setra model.
Looks bigger, but that's par the course these days.

Liche Priests ain't got access to Lore of Metal, so no. Can't make living gold without it.

Anybody know where I can get the 8th edition chaos army book online?

shame there ain't a whole lot of links with pdfs and shit in the OP

None of those work on my phone babe boy

Why not? Are you using a flip phone from 2004?

>not using a flip phone from 2004
Enjoy being without a phone after the apocalypse.

Meybe

Maybe I didn't try

you do realize that apocalypse gonna take out mobile networks right? of all mobile phones, only Nokia 3310 would remain useful, and then only as an indestructible blunt object.
you want to look at satellite phones.

fuckin sick meme dude nice

The last thread has some discussion about who is more technological advanced, the High Elves or the Empire, which kinda got derailed by steamtanks vs dragons.

What about regular weapons? The empire has cannons, but those are not all. What about swords, spears? Armor? What about the average living standards?

well, if you live in Saphery, all the stuff is "automated" by practicing apprentice mages.

High elves blow the empire out of the water in terms of living standards. For one, elves don't get sick unless it's some Nurgle plague or poison. Every citizen has access to public education and military training, the buildings are nicer, the streets are cleaner, and and everything is crafted high quality. Elves aren't as good of craftsmen as dwarfs but they're way better than humans at making magical and mundane weapons and armor. The only thing the elves really consider more technologically advanced than them are dwarfish clockworks and engines. Which they don't need and can easily accomplish what those do with magic. Magical advancement is important in the warhammer world, owrhPs more so than technology. One must remember that dwarfs only use the technology they have today because they aren't nearly as good at rune craft as they were in their prime. Technology is there to make up for the shortcomings of Magic, not the other way around

So why is Shallya's biggest temple in Couronne? Wouldn't that take away from the worship of the Lady? I know the Bretonnians aren't monotheistic, but you'd think the goddess most like the Lady would not be near as popular as the number one goddess in not!France.

because she's a female deity and females are safer in a land of chivalry? priestesses are safer, at least.

>Elves aren't as good of craftsmen as dwarfs

thats one big implication

1500 year old Priest of Vaul blows any Dwarf, only a fraction of his age and experience, out of the water.

Only difference is that Dwarfs make use of materials the Elves don't need, because they can accomplish the levels of toughness with magic.

Still, every piece of Elven equipment is masterfully crafted.

Know what I woulda done if I was Nurgle?
I'd create a simple disease that does nothing except total hair loss.
Then inflict in upon Dwarfs.
*evil giggling*

>"Where did all the dwarves go?"
>"They all marched north, saying something about shaved beards and grudges"
>the dwarves never returned, but most considered it more or less a fair trade for the sudden lack of even sniffles

that might be a way how nurgle could get himself killed.
Not even a god of Chaos can withstand the power of the mightiest grudge dwarfs ever had.

how do they figure it was the dwarfs that went north? they are beardless, remember?
>"No idea where the dwarfs gone. There was this massive crusade of rune-armoured halflings recently though."

since I wasn't around during their release, what's people's thoughts about Sylvaneth stuff? Branchwych looks nice, but too overcosted for stuff you normally make out a cheap dryad (and actually looking pretty much what you make out of a dryad).
Kurnoth are not my style (as are new treemen), but I guess people who considered old treeman/treekin ugly got nice treekins now.
Revenants look cool, but have no idea what to use them as. don't mesh with dryads well enough, and nobody needs 5 almost identical Alter Kindred.
Drycha... no idea what to say about it.
and I'm of two minds regarding Alarielle.

Neat, but how? I don't remember AoS heading towards a vampire release, nor I am informed enough of third parties.

The Lady is mostly a goddess honored by the nobility.

What would you think of an introduction of an old slann subfaction using the eru-kin models range?
What fluff would you imagine them having? are plasma pistols too much? would a small elite and advanced force be fun to fight for a normal army?

I was thinking to write a small set of rules and fluff for them and I was toying around with the idea that they weren't born on the planet like the other generations of slann but that they are still spacebound, descending from the few orbiting ships they still have only some centuries after the great catastrophe hit and trying to either fix shit, discover what happened to the old ones or find a way to power up a new gate and leave the place.

small elite force, yes
i'd have them wear power armour and faceless masks i think
oh wait...

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but, would you guys have reacted more favourably to AoS if it had been an almost post apocalyptic, sorta Hyborean setting about the remnants of the Old World rebuilding new civilisations and rediscovering the old after the climactic final battle against Chaos?

Totally not asking as research for a possible game.

I would, though I still would be pissed at Old World being dead, so it's sorta a moot point.

The models seem nicely sculpt, that's undeniable, but there's that way they make angles as hard as possible in the newest models that's not my taste.

Either way I think the hunters are the best out of the bunch, with only a small remodelling needed for the face, where I would try to make it less humanoid and more like eroded/broken/open bark

Alarielle's model is good, the design behind the wings and the front-heavy bottom-light beetle is not.

No, Archaon's destiny was to destroy the world because it was a monument for injustice and hypocrisy. He wanted to burn everything to ash so that a new world free from tyranny of gods will emerge. A world where men rule their own fates and are only shackled to bonds they forged themselves out of love and friendship to their fellow men.

If the Old World remains, they the injustice and hypocrisy lives on. Men will never be free. They will always be slaves to the gods.

So when

I'm actually using Alarielle as inspiration for my Ariel conversion. Dryad-y arm, staff that looks like spear, headdress, etc.

>something something chaos hypocrisy something something

There isn't a single mention of Chaos in my post, though.

And guess what, it didn't work, because Archaon is a tool like any other Chaos Goon

it's Archaonfag. he has to get GW's worst character into everything so he can masturbate.

Since I've posted that pic, I feel the need to recommend all wood elves fan to check those few scenes of malecifent where the forest spirits go to battle

>Archaon's destiny
>from tyranny of gods
>slaves to the gods.

>Implying Archaon shenanigans do not imply Chaos shenanigans.

Not everything has to look more futuristic than fantasy though

I guess he meant Stormcasts

It kinda worked. He just didn't account for the existence of a multiverse. He is currently working on destroying it, one universe at a time.

In my headcanon, AoS wouldn't have happened. A new world will be born and Archaon' soul will reincarnated there. He will be born as that world's Sigmar. Whether the events of the previous world will repeat or the world will remain sanctuary for humanity would be left ambiguous. Best Ending.

>it kinda worked, except he was played for a fool an did exactly what the chaos gods wanted him to, and proceeds to do what they want him to

biggest tool in the shed

>A knight from the middle ages type setting is suppose to know about thing like multiverse and reality dimensions

He is lucky that he can read and write.

...I fail to see the connection.

from what model are you starting with the conversion? because raging heroes has done a miniature pretty close to ariel's old depiction.

current mock-up consists of body of spite-revenant champ (the one with boobs and dryad claw), head of sisters of the thorn chap, and skirt from one of coven throne maidens. just superglued for now, since I'm not satisfied yet.

also, I need wings.

Raging Heroes model is nice, but outside my budget at the moment. also I love converting stuff.

Friendly reminder that the tomb kings shall live again.

only 123 euros until best arc

Link ?

Do Elven women use mastercrafted and magically enchanted sex toys?

Yes, they are called bretonnians

Stop maing stupid jokes and do what the lady of the lake wants you to do, or else you'll lose all those awesome powers.

well, ofc.

>and do what the lady of the lake wants you to do
You mean drink from her dripping wet calice?

Nah, get buttfucked by some beastmen so the forest is safe and the wood elves can abduct more children.

Bretonnians making fun of elves are walking on really thin ice.

Such irony that dryads eat wood elf kids.

What's the source for that? Why is that irony? And does that change the fact that they kill humans all the time?

Description of Talsyn in 8e armybook.

>Why is that irony?
I think he's about the wood elves kidnapping human kids while their own are left getting eaten.

Thanks, found it.

Ah, makes sense I guess.

>tfw you will never be raped by witch elves.

thank goodness, i can have consentual sex in the missionary position with pure asrai maidens

>Asrai
>pure

>Kerillian will never taunt your mayfly stamina while dominating you

>A knight from the middle ages type setting

he's the one who thought he got it all figured out and decided to end the world.

I mean, that plan is so retarded there's no wonder he got fooled by chaos so easily and thoroughly, he's a fucking retard, and he used his retard strength to end the world, assisted by bad writing of course but that's a given

>lexicanum is barebone when it comes to information
>warhammer wiki is just a retard using copy paste and an e-book

>lexicanum is barebone when it comes to information
it might not have a very comprehensive page for everything, but everything that is in there is verifiably official material since they cite their sources like a wiki should. In general it is the best and reliable resource for information on WHFB and 40k.
Check the german pages, sometimes there is more info on them, i.e. more sources.
>warhammer wiki is just a retard using copy paste and an e-book
more than that it is outright fan fiction.
I'd try to stay far away from warhammer wiki if you are looking for information.

Of course a priest of the smith God is going to be better than your average dwarf craftsman, but dwarfs as a race are better craftsmen in general. How or why, I don't know, but it's outright stated several times that dwarfs are the best. I never understood how dwarfs actually made runic items when they can't channel Magic though

Lexicanum has outdated 3e lore like mentioning that only chaos corruption made first humans adaptive and smart.

>outdated 3e lore
That is why you check the sources.
If there was nothing else written in the meantime superseding I don't see why it shouldn't be in the wiki. Some articles mention differences between different sources even.
And even if the newer stuff isn't in there you can pick up your book tell them were to find the new stuff and they'll update it.
That's the whole point of the wiki - when it is properly managed and using sources.

well I'll give you that, Dwarfs as a race have a greater affinity to crafting than Elves, however, I'm pretty sure if you get the greatest Dward Craftsmen and pitch them against a high Elven equivalent, the Elf will pretty much always come out on top.

However, the Dwarfs do win out in accesibility and quantity of their crafted objects, while most things elves craft are pretty much irreplaceable.

>implying elves make higher quality items than the dwarfs
That's going in the book lad

But in all seriousness, I agree with dwarfs having much greater quantity and their crafts being more durable than the elves. Something like the dragon armor of Aenarion is better than any dwarf armor, but dwarfs have a ton more armor that is almost as good

posting a rare kangz

>when the meme is so superior you remember it in your unlife

Reminder that the High priest of Vaul literally went insane because he was incapable of replicating Dwarfish work.

Hey guys, I really want to use this dragon for a conversion I'm doing. I'm not sure which model it is, though - am I correct in thinking it is an old version of the Dark Elf Dreadlord?

Also, for anyone who has worked with it - I'm assuming it's metal and the dragon is molded into the cape, right? I could only find one picture from behind and it wasn't that great. I wonder if I'll be able to either take the whole cape off somehow or just cut the dragon off and give it a new greenstuff tail...

Thanks ahead of time if anyone knows what this guy is.

I thought she was a goddess worshiped by noble and peasant alike?

Yes, that's why they are a dying race.

>am I correct in thinking it is an old version of the Dark Elf Dreadlord?
yes

I doubt it would be easy cutting the drake off, those models are usually a single piece for the body, one for the arm, one for the shield and one for the head; with the work required to cut the cape and/or the drake you may as well think about greenstuffing one yourself from scrap

the peasants aren't allowed to venerate her the same way as the lords

I think most people were hoping for a reboot back to the time of Sigmar. Less a new game, and more like the Horus Heresy for 40k.

gonna second what this user said. he is molded onto the hair and shoulder of the guy.
There are however a number of similar miniatures with drakes like these around.
Avatars of Wars has some dark eld sorceress where the dragon is an optional piece I think, reaper has several minis with familiars and familiar packs on it's own. Otherworld does the classical DnD stuff you might find a small drake familiar there too.
If you get creative with it the helmet crest of a bretonnian might just work too if painted appropriately.

And if everything else fails just check out the 15 or 6mm fantasy wargame ranges. Pretty sure you'll find some useful stuff there as well if everything else fails.

Based on where AoS went (yeah, I know) it seems you need Metal+Light, plus Death and maybe Life, to make it work.

You'd need Teclis to work on it. Or possibly some relics from Albion, or the Sky Giants, maybe Old Ones.

8ed and end times gave the impression that The Lady is worshipped by everyone, she just only blesses the nobility and doesn't give a shit about the peasants. Of course, since we didn't get an 8ed army book for the brets this is never clarified. But the prelude to end times has a Bishop(???) befouling the fountain of the lady, which a bunch of peasants drink from and get sick. If i had to speculate, i'd say Peasants need to venerate her through the clergy, while all of the nobility are in direct communion with her.

>Avatars of Wars has some dark eld sorceress where the dragon is an optional piece I think, reaper has several minis with familiars and familiar packs on it's own. Otherworld does the classical DnD stuff you might find a small drake familiar there too

Thanks for the suggestions, user. I found the Otherworld familiars packs before when searching for "dragon familiar 28mm" (lol...) but they don't have anything suitable. I will look into the others though!

Alright, fair enough. Thanks for the info. I guess I'll try to git gud at greenstuff crafting if the other user's suggestions don't work out, but I've only ever used it for small parts additions before.

Anyway I appreciate the help, thank you both.

Too expensive, I don't like them enough to spend the money. I play T9A so they would be proxies but there's nothing WE really need proxies for other than Treekin.

That being said, ghost bee Dryads are neat and I like HerAlarielle.

Actually, update: I'll email them and ask if he comes off/is separate, but if he does then that sorceress' arm dragon is perfect.

>you will never conquer Bretonnia and tear down the worship of the false goddess

Speak for yourself.

So getting that, plus a female Necrosphinx and some Ushabti.
Might get a few Chariots so I can supplement my GW ones and have a full chariot core.

Not feeling the characters as much. They're good, but I have all the GW ones including the OOP ones other than Apophas and Settra. I'd take a female if they make it.

"Aht least yer bettar than thah Dwarf."

So...dragons in BloodBowl.

Can it work?

Please, you never even crossed the Grey Mountains! Your focus was entirely on the Empire.

Bretonnia would be under my boot right now, if not for that meddling Green Knight.

>still buttmad that Arkhan played you like a fiddle and you were too dumb to read up on your own nations history
Arkhan was planning on coming back and conquering bretonnia anyways, the whole civil war was just a cover to steal some artifacts. And how could someone be dumb enough to forget about the Green knight?

Honestly it is weird that he didn't even try to fight the Green Knight. He should've fought him back when he first was to drink from the Grail, so it's not like it would've been impossible to beat him.

Though the honorless rogue should've just forgotten about single combat and had his best knights piledrive the Green Knight.