Malifaux General - Orgasmic Wooden Doll Edition

Books;
mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives.
New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

Still looking for super cool user to scan new book

old thread here , has some of the new gremlin/ten thunders/ resser cards

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!zFVSRBxI!R_vCkI7qTm-DKWkIJb-CmP3gg0V2f8FiyBzFyfcNV8k
imgur.com/a/6dWB0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

reposting another user's link:

Asami and Reva Cards.
mega.nz/#!zFVSRBxI!R_vCkI7qTm-DKWkIJb-CmP3gg0V2f8FiyBzFyfcNV8k

Could anyone with the book post the cards for the Draugr and Archie?

Can someone do the reva and asami stuff on neverborn box ? and if possible take pic of bandersnatch from book ?

And the goyro

And the everything, while you're at it.

Calm down guys, again a scan will come in due time. Just gotta be patient.

How about we get an actual topic going, instead of begging for stuff. Like...how did your last game go? who did you play with an against? what was the final score? any memorable moments?

I once had Huggy walk around with Seamus' hat all game long chasing down the Copycat Killer. 'Twas adorable.

that is pretty funny. I love how seamus games sometimes become a scrum for the hat.

My last game was interference me using dreamer against a Ramos player, quick murder and frame for murder were scored by the both of us in full by turn 2. Highlight of the game for me was a doppleganger beating Joss to death with his own axe

Heh, so it was a 10-10 draw?

oh forgot to actually say who won, it was really close but I won 10-9 in the end, he was a bit careless with how close some of his models were to the center and I managed to pull them in to the middle and stop him from claiming two quaters that turn.
I love beckoners.

>>I'm curious - are there any reasons to take ox-mages in Marcus crew? With this upgrades.

Well, one with the upgrade to add a tome to his main attack is always a solid anti armor/utility choice. The Malifaux Raptor can make anyone a beast for the rest of the game, barring condition removal. Though I'm not sure I could justify 3 in a Marcus crew, and I love playing with all three normally.

I got my first game in with Nellie.

Flank Deployment
Guard the Stash
Convict Labor (Neverborn), Leave Your Mark (Guild), Exhaust Their Forces (Neverborn), Set Up (Guild - Nekima), Inspection

Nellie w/ Delegation, Guild Funds, Misleading Headlines
Printing Press
Fiona w/ Wrath of the Guild
Grimwell
Death Marshal
Austringer
Warden
2x Reporters

Lilith w/ Beckon Malifaux, Wings of Darkness
Primordial Magic
Nekima w/ True Mother, Rapid Growth
Scion of Black Blood
Black Blood Shaman
Young Nephilim
2x Tots

The Neverborn went heavy to my right with only a Shaman and Tot going left. I put Nellie, Austringer, Press dead center with the Warden left, a Reporter on either flank, and the rest to the right.

I drew a pretty bonkers opening hand (13, 13, 12, 11, 9, 7) so I wanted to make the most of it. I used evidence, cards, and ran the minions around to drag out my opponent's activations. Austringer managed to pop a Tot, too. After all his models had gone I had Nellie, Fiona and Grimwell. Nellie and Fiona were a bit out of range to do their thing, so Grimwell walked up and used Doctor's Orders twice to reposition them. Fiona double walked to get in range of the Scion. Nellie walked and then hit the Scion with Scathing Review, which triggered Fiona's Your Fight is With Me. Since the Scion had gone, Fiona had + to attack and damage, so I hit him for 5 and Head Trauma. Now Nellie could easily hit him with Incite and Propaganda, which made the Scion slow and let Fiona hit him again to finish him off. Off to a good start.

I won initiative and did the Printing Press into Nellie chain to give her evidence, make Fiona and Grimwell fast and fail to review Nekima. Nekima jumped on Fiona and did some mean things to her, but thanks to Fiona touching severe terrain and some soulstones, she stayed standing. Fiona smacked Nekima around and went defensive. Fiona then proceeded to tank the Young and a hit from Lilith without going down. The nearby Reporter quietly walked past and dropped a marker for Leave Your Mark. The left Reporter interviewed her opposite tot, making it slow. Warden helped score Guard the Stash by being the only model near it.

I won initiative again(!) and chained Printing Press into Nellie, healing Fiona and inciting the Young while hitting it with propaganda for slow and a push away from the action. I forced the Young to activate. Fiona tried to wail on Nekima but flipped horribly and went defensive again. Nekima brought Fiona to hard to kill again, thanks to prevention. Death Marshal waltzed up to Lilith and shoved her into a box. Pukeworm made my right reporter insignificant. Reporter proceeded to interview the Pukeworm into Grimwell's range. BBS tried to heal Nekima and failed. Grimwell Lobotomized the Pukeworm. Tot walked and hit my left reporter for 4. Reporter failed to interview. Austringer delivered orders to the Marshal for Leave Your Mark. Warden failed to shoot the tot. I scored Leave Your Mark and Guard the Stash.

I won initiative again(!!) and tried to go Printing Press into Nellie, but black jokered the Press' ability. Nekima pasted Fiona finally then black jokered her damage on the Death Marshal. Nellie his Nekima with Scathing Review, Propaganda to slow her and push towards Grimwell, and made Grimwell fast. Young Nephilim charged Grimwell and after some crazy lucky flips managed to hit him 6 times and kill him. Marshal and right Reporter dropped markers near Nekima and walked away. BBS started to head for the other stash marker. Warden killed the Tot with his claw, but black blood finished my reporter. Austringer hit the Young for 3. I scored Stash and Set Up (got a 3rd marker from Nellie's evidence)

I won initiative again (!!!) and hit Nekima with Propaganda, pushing her away, Propaganda on the Young, making it slow and pushing it, and Inciting it. Young activated and walked. Reporter interviewed Nekima, pushing her further away, and schemed. Nekima activated and walked. Death Marshal let Lilith out of the box (Lilith RJ) and promptly stuffed her back in there. BBS made it to the stash marker. Warden punched him away from it. I scored Leave Your Mark and Stash.

10-0 on my first Nellie game. She does so much crazy stuff, love her ability to support her friends and frustrate her enemies. Fiona is surprisingly tanky with Df7, heals, and hard to kill.

Nice batrep!
Much appreciated.

Thats what you get for taking shajt list with neverborn - if he had a doppler - prety no brainer with nekima he could have folk up yor initiative huge way

That's what I suggested, as well as not getting caught up in murder over scoring VPs. He was so busy trying to put down my henchmen that he didn't bother scoring VPs.

Ja, cheers for the report.

Thought about how she plays?
Lynchpins?
Power moves?
Your smart moves/ opponetn's missed opportunities?
Any crewsubstitutions you might try next time?

The little suite of Df buffs and H2K is pretty nice.
Tying up Nekima for a few turns is decent, even if your opponent maybe focused on finishing that fight a bit too much.

I had a demo/ second game recently. The guy teaching me wasn't taking the tactical side too seriously, which is what let me do this, but it's a nice shuffle anyway.
I took a Freikorps tracker, accidentally let it get charged by [can't remember] but survived with barely a scratch. Lillith with blade follows up, Trapper barely survives.
Activate the trapper, discard for (0) Retreat to Cover to push 4" out of engagement, then fire twice on + with the Repostition 3" Push trigger to do a bit of chip damage and push away from the charge around a corner and closer to support.
Also, 28" Focused shooting when the rifle has + built in is crazy handy.

Nellie plays a good positioning game. She can reposition enemies, slow them, reposition models with Hot of the Presses, make your models fast, and push herself with a (0). Evidence fuels a lot of her kit, but she will have a hard time getting more than 2 per turn without spending her own AP (Scathing Review gives evidence and is a Ca7, so it's very reliable) or your opponent cooperating by interacting within 8" or hitting her with her Df trigger.

The only must-have I think she has is her totem. The Malifaux Child has promise given her upgrade to remove merc taxes, but the Printing Press gives you easy evidence and a chain activation in addition to +1 hand size, which is crazy considering how many discard abilities only Nellie has.

Fiona is pretty gross with Nellie given all the Wp duels the latter forces to trigger the former's Your Fight is with Me. The power move of doing Incite/Scathing Review to trigger a Fiona attack that triggers Head Trauma to put the enemy on a - to Wp duels and using Propaganda 3 times to make Fiona attack 3 more times, potentially hitting 3 different models if you trigger Wide Swing, plus 1/3/4 damage from Propaganda.

There's also just using your activation to push off a scheme marker and give 3 of your models Fast.

I was able to keep Fiona standing by healing her and preventing damage to keep her above that hard to kill threshold. In addition, Fiona had Df7 from nearby terrain and took Defensive Stance every turn to keep her alive. Fiona locked up a stash marker and occupied almost the entire enemy crew. It also helped that my opponent kept trying to kill Fiona instead of Exhausting her or going after the other Stash Marker. But, you know how Nekima can be.

I want to try Nellie with more mercs. Hannah and the Freikorps could be interesting to get me an 8 card hand and more Wp fuckery. A Trapper/Austringer gunline would be horrific as well. Nellie and the Crossroads Seven would be fun as well.

Is there a way to change an order on Wyrd's store before it's fulfilled?

Contact customer service, see if they can help you out.

Sent an email. Thanks

Why are Arcanist such bitches and refuse to share?

Part of the high and mighty, think their better then you stick.

The real question is why Ten Thunders are such sloots.

How difficult do you think it'd be to homebrew pursuits in TTB? Some of the Gamin abilities are begging for an elementalist-style class

Not hard at all. Balancing it might be a bit trickier.

>The power move of doing Incite/Scathing Review to trigger a Fiona attack that triggers Head Trauma to put the enemy on a - to Wp duels and using Propaganda 3 times to make Fiona attack 3 more times

Is "Your fight is with me!" once per turn per enemy, or just a flat once per turn? Is there some precedent on Smell Fear or whatever the Rogue Necro has about how to read that kind of ability?

It seems like Nellie's crew is a very target rich environment for Hannah, and Death Marshals are already in faction for that sweet Wp 8 Pine Box. Envy and Lust would be pretty exciting too, and Bishop double teaming something with Phiona is probably total overkill but my god the damage those two would put out in a turn.

I think a Pathfinder would also be tons of fun with Phiona. Push traps into guys and then "Look out!" into mini-charges.

Welp. Their response was that they shipped the order. Guess it's time to do Ebay and try to find somebody willing to trade or sell a Reva

It's once per turn, but you can use Propaganda to make a friendly model take an attack on the poor schmuck.

theres been reports of some mistakes with gencon orders, some people who ordered sandeep were getting reva instead.
you might get (un))Lucky

Can someone put up all of zipps and the sky pirate upgrades?

Fingers crossed. I ordered Nellie and Wild Ones. I can probably make a bit of my money back on the Wild Ones, at the least

I've been tempted by guild for a while, Nellie + the wild ones pushed me over the edge.
My gencon order's at least in the country now so only a couple more days to wait.

>the wild ones
Is that the new Outcast Bandit box?

the McCabe box.

>ordered Sandeep
>estimated to be delivered tomorrow
>read this
Well fuck...

Well Wyrd's customer service is baller, and I would actually be excited to get Reva even if it meant waiting for Sandeep

>tfw too poor to go to GenCon
>tfw still no scans

We'll get the whole thing when Wyrd releases the PDF in September. Right guys?

My most amusing games are always against gremlins.

Game 1:
Von Schill vs Ophelia.

Activation 1: Focus, shoot at Burt Jebsen. Black Joker, he cheats in a ram for the counter attack. Red Joker. Freikorps Trapper is now at 1 or 2. Trixibelle shakes her butt at him and makes him commit seppukku by jumping off his sniper nest.

Burt Jebsen went on to do 20 damage without ever making an attack action to include counter attacking and killing Von Schill for failing a Disengaging strike.

Game 2:

My McMourning vs my buddies Brewmaster...

I finally kill the guy and he just smiles and says "There must always be one!" then proceeds to lock down five Canine Remains and three Flesh Constructs in an eternal drinking contest while Shinobi and Performers (who were painted like April O'neil and the Turtles) dance around and win the game.

I still think Wong should be dual faction arcanist.

I think the prerequisite to be in the arcanist faction is to be Ramos' bitch, by that logic I don't understand why hoffman isn't dual faction either

I have a Reva box (minus thick Shieldbearer) I'm trying to trade.
>September
Doesn't it usually take those fucks half a year after the physical release to drop a PDF?

>thick Shieldbearer
pics

So I have enough guilders to get a vintage master model. Don't want to play Hamelin, not truly interested in Misaki, Play outcast.

Do I go for something and sell it (which one?) or is this telling me to stick it into another fiction (like pick up Perdita's box for new sculpt Papa Loco for jack).

Haven't assembled, it's in queue.
Bottom right.

I got my order in today so I'm just going to leave this here before I head out to give my friend his part.

imgur.com/a/6dWB0

>imgur.com/a/6dWB0
You're a saint you are.

>imgur.com/a/6dWB0
Could you redo the sun quiang pic, its kind of blurry.

Now this is pod racing

Thank you based user!

I was worried the undead bandits would be relegated to Parker, they look like pretty fun scheme runners capable of holding their own.
>Draugr
Guess I need my Soulbound upgrades after all. Can't wait for these guys.
>Wisp
Bummed they aren't undead, really sweet sculpts.

Based on that pic, the model is going to look really sweet.

They aren't really useful to Levi anyway and if they had been undead they would have made Titania very vulnerable to Lady J/Student of Sinew.

How in the fuck does that Bandersnatch work?

Its a very weak minion that can pull things in closer and force enemies to attack itself. But it can also bury itself and make these weak attacks FROM AN ENEMY MODEL. Meaning it can pull your enemies together and force them to attack each other.

Yea, but they look cool.

I don't see how it nominates what it measures attacks from--unless the Shadow Lair Upgrade card (which is missing from that leak) specifies how targeting works.

What? I'm just saying they shouldn't have been undead.

So far the most interesting thing from these reveals is the fact Yokai can use poison to teleport. Shenlong and Brewmaster will get some good use out of these guys by having them teleport over walls for charges and shit or to do rapid interacting thanks to that 0.
Yes, it does. It was in one of the older leaks already. It has an ability that applies shadow lair upgrade to an enemy model, which then has the rest of the text.

Ahh ok, I just missed that leak.

I'm saying I would have liked them to be as they'd be awesome to field. Not disagreeing with your reasoning, not even speaking to it really.

>26 views
All those people begging for spoilers and they ain't even here to enjoy it.

Aren't fish Cunard's immune to willpower duties during thier activation?
Shouldn't they have just wrecked?Pretty sure Rasputina can barely stand ramos. Iirc she nearly kills Joss for delivering a message from him in one of the first books.

Those rougarous seem awesome for marcus. Between pack leader and howl, so many free attacks.

How would the extra attacks from pack leader and challenge of the alpha work? Assuming a model was in melee range and failed.

Sorry, had to go to work. Suppose I could always get a thick shieldbearer later if I felt the need. If you're interested in Nellie we could probably work something out when I get my order in (if I don't get 'lucky')

>Sand in my Eyes
I am glad to see pocket sand gets the precense it deserves

I got into this game by grabbing a bunch of TT models off of Ebay. So far I have Lucas's box, Misaki's box, the Lone Swordsman, and Yamaziki. I am planning on grabbing Jorogumos and Guil Hounds. What else would be a good to grab for both masters?

I'll see about redoing it, though the book belongs to that friend I mentioned and he has it now.

Shrug, not everyone can be on at one time, it's double that now.

Shenlong's box, or at least Sensei Yu. Some TT brothers, either archers or snipers for some shooting.

The Dawn Serpent is a beefy minion for McCabe to reactivate and a good target for Misaki to send attacks to with the Misdirection upgrade as he has a solid healing ability.

Seconding Ten Thunder Brothers, amazing for their points, so jealous 10T some times.

Who is more fun with Molly: Rogue Necromancy or Yin?

Thank you so much!!!

Take both, they have different roles.

Thanks man! :)

But now when we have, more or less, all models, what faction will see most change in play?

I think that guild is at first place. Now they have so many new options :) Neli is pure control master and all other nem models bring so many changes.
What's your opinion?

Agreed. Nellie Cockroach brings an entirely new playstyle to the Guild, and the other releases might strengthen some of their weaker masters (Thralls are no-brainers for Lucius, Recruiters can keep LadyJ & Co alive).

Can't remember the upgrades or details of the game, but it was the Viktorias, 3 ronin, student of conflict, Taelor, and Vanessa and all I remember was going through my fate deck twice due to getting the dash in then strike-strike and dash out combo with everyone in it and flipping shit damage.

When I started Malifaux, I was so bad with the Viktorias, I'm really glad I was able to improve with them.

What's the difference between this box and the other rail crew box?

None... just the optic. The one posted is the old 1.5 layout.

Thats the 1.5 packaging, it comes with first edition stat cards.

The cards have been updated unless you find a box that's been sitting on the shelf for ages. If it has a M2e sticker you're good to go.

For example this box has the M2E sticker in the bottom right corner so it has the new cards.

Thanks, user. You're a big guy.

>imgur.com/a/6dWB0
Awesome stuff buddy. Many thanks.

Alrighty. Shameless bump to ask if Tear of the Gorgon is worth the 3ss.

Has anyone managed to share a copy of Into the Steam for Through the Breach yet?

If I wasn't inept and completely unaware of how to remove watermarks without paying cash, I'd share it

I didn't realize that they used the old layout for M2E as well. Does Wyrd still do their card trade in program?

Yes if you have nothing better to spend it on. Having a full pool is usually better.

I haven't played a M2e game yet, just gathering supplies for and building a custom Leveticus (resembling the decrepit steampunk necromancer of old).
From reading his associated cards it doesn't look like he plays too similarly, but I'd like to know if there are viable support builds. Like focusing on passing out Blessings of the Unmade melee actions, redirecting attacks to Leveticus for Unmade damage, and on occasion Rebirthing for cards. I know it's not optimal, but I like playing support and I love his whole thing.

Nice, thanks brother.

Kinda disappointed with Archie. Only being able to heal 4 a turn hurts. Especially since he has self damaging stuff. At 13pts I'm not sure how often he'll be a solid choice over two flesh constructs.

I wouldn't directly compare their costs as I don't see them fulfilling the exact same roles.

Y'all gonna make multi sized Draugrs for representing Mutable Form? I hope the box just comes with 3, one of each. I'd buy a bunch.

He's an interesting ranged corpse delivery system for Reva and Nico, has some willpower fun for Seamus, and has Horror for Molly. Plus with the ability to gain upgrades on a henchman body he's neat for schemes that care about that.

Sure he's a lot of points, but he brings some neat options to about half of the Resser masters.

I can see them coming out in a story encounters box with three of each size.

But he can do so much more than the Flesh Constructs. His movement shenanigans are versatile, pushing your own models out of engagement, into position, or tampering with enemy plans. His potential 2 0s, 1 attack, and 2 general actions is going to be hard to ignore. The built in heal trigger can be utilized by obey esque actions to increase staying power after Archie gets his use out of them. It also won't be too hard to pitch upgrades granted from other models, saving the utility of Archie's. I'm pretty excited given the sheer amount of options he grants.