Spaceship Appreciation Thread

Let's have a thread for real cool spaceship artworks, models, screenshots, descriptions and stories. Post your most favourite ones.

Other urls found in this thread:

projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/
youtu.be/I5_J6QX3pqQ
youtube.com/watch?v=n7E_GVDdyYs&index=2&list=PLFEYK0K09UN1sc20ccnJ0GY0LSImx9hY-
simonstalenhag.se/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Space?

SPAAAACE!

SPACE! SPACE! SPACE. Space. space spaceasceace......

Excuse me Sir, but do you have time to talk about our great lord and benefactor SPACE?!?!

Kugelblitz.

Say what you will about 40k... they have the best Spaceboats.

Space must flow

I still think these guys should have had more screen time.

Kharak's afire

Apparently fighter spam is a viable tactic for some people

The Vagyr fleet is ready, sir

"The void is our home now!"

Invincible Emperor's Retribution Class Super-super Battleship

how long does it take to walk from prow to stern? a week?

"What would appear foolishly reckless at our eyes, may seem simply genius for an Ork."

There are multiple Teleportariums on the ship, many of them are used mostly by the allowed personnel to move to one point of the ship to another.
Legends tell that in the case that this ship would ever launch a Lightning Strike on an enemy vessel, the boarding troops would be so many that the enemy crew would literally drown in bodies.

i meant hypothetically. it's not like officers ever need to get off the bridge (except to go to their quarters) and crew is likely locked in its workplaces, as is proper

"Tremble! For Kay-osss chomes!"
[chaotic noises]

not sure if this is a place to ask, but is there any book about designing spaceships (especially their interiors). my players will be exploring one, and I have little idea what has to be inside besides gun decks, engine room, living quarters and command bridge.

projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/

If you want to introduce a bit of realism, make decks to be arranged like a tall tower instead of the typical battleship arrangement. The thruster would be the lower level of the tower.

space bump

Someone needs to put a Brazzers logo on this

>8
What is this, a hard sci-fi millenimum falcon?

>Holy Invincible Emperor's Retribution Class Super-super Emperor's Battleship of the Emperor

ftfy

A typical battleship is 12km. This one looks to be about 22km. So you could walk it in a day if you stuck to thoroughfares, but it would be a brisk walk. I'm estimating the crew at probably just short of a million.

Project Rho is pretty much the gold standard.

Also try GURPS Spaceships. The design system will help you lay out the ideas and general characteristics of the ship, even if you don't actually use GURPS for anything else.

Basically you pick a tonnage class (anything from 10 tons to 3 million tons, plus the ability to extrapolate easily up and down). Then you get 20 slots, each 5% of hull. The thrust, fuel consumption, etc are all pre-calculated. Pretty much everything is plug and play. There are options for fine-tuning if you want more granularity, but this system lets you do star wars, star trek, doctor who, battlestar galactica, 40k, firefly, and pretty much anything else I've ever seen. Plus hard sci fi and modern designs.

Even if you never use GURPS, it'll give you ballparks and benchmarks for performance stats and stuff like that.

Please spoiler comments like that so I don't spray my drink all over Starbucks.

>BFG x KanColle
Where is your God Emperor now?

SPAAACEE

Have a rugged pile of junk.

Eradicate those filthy rats!

I wish I did not want this as much as I do.

"You flew here in THAT? You're braver than I thought."
- Saffron, wicked hot villainess

"You can't take the sky from me!"
- Jayne, the hero of Canton

>This one looks to be about 22km
Huh, that's Gloriana-sized (well average and approximate, seeing as they're all unique)

oc spes

It's very cute.

Hey guys, I am writing up a Dark Heresy campaign that starts off in a Retired/Irreparably-Damaged battleship that now serves as an armored warp-capable troop bus.
I'm thinking about calling it "The Screaming Eagle" because 'Murricah IS the Imperium. But that's a waste of a perfectly good name.
2 questions:
>Whats a more appropriate name for the vessel?
>What's a modest sized imperial warship?

If you want modest size for a battleship I would suggest something like 8km. For a name The Righteous Fated Blade, and have the prow been broken off inside an enemy craft.

cool, thank you.
I was originally thinking the ship was lost to the warp during the age of apostasy and washed up in the Askellion sector, bereft of crew.
But the missing prow makes more sense and is much less dangerous for the crew than lingering daemonic infestations.
The name is a bit generic but I think that was the point of my request.
As a reward, here is one internal mechanism for a battleship

Here you go.

I really wish there were better descriptions of the ships in Foundation. I always imagine they're exactly like the UNSC ships from Halo.

I don't mean to be that guy but the Kadeshi (and higarrans) worship a single creator god called Sajuk

The Homeworld manual makes numerous references to "the gods" and "the gods of Kharak". It does also talk of Sajuuk as the sole God in other places. One might imagine they had a variety of beliefs with Sajuuk as the common theme.

But there are other gods though.

I think the heavy cruisers were named after them in homeworld 1.

Tapping that space booty obviously.

Only our Emperor could handle the sexual needs of the entire humanized Imperial Fleet as his personal billions strong harem.

those vagyr battlecruisers have no business being so sexy

> 12km
What? I genuinely though battleships were 5-8 km barring the odd exception.

I just checked the 40k wiki and it seems to confirm.

Any idea where this is from? I'm really digging the combination of LoGH with oldschool space art style.

Also, everyone spaceships that look like ships.

I think it has the same source as this.

Damned if I know what that is.

I love this aesthetic

youtu.be/I5_J6QX3pqQ

Every time

Boxy ships are sexy ships too

source?

Any Russian speakers know what that says on the side?

Mine's kind of rusty. It's something like watchfull or protector.

Lets see some Old School Space

I love outrageously far future or super advanced designs like this.

Maximilian! Bring us about!

"watchfully" but in rarely-used word, which i've never seen used as an adverb (and i'm a native russian speaker), so i guess someone non-russian just used a google translate and just picked a synonym with most "slavic" letters, heh

ain't you sad thinking about poor lonely Voyagers out there, so far that even the Sun is just a bright cold star, and even solar wind is starting to fail? and being lonely for many thousands of years afterwards, until they reach Sirius or whatever's in the path?

just void and emptiness and distance and occasional cold unfeeling piece of rock... for longer than human civilizations ever existed by the time they were launched

V'ger had three way sex with bald Deltan and suave Capt Decker in the end, so it evens out.

>youtube.com/watch?v=n7E_GVDdyYs&index=2&list=PLFEYK0K09UN1sc20ccnJ0GY0LSImx9hY-
By the time the two Voyagers are unrecognizable, the time it took for life to evolve will have been elapsed. They will be doomed to floating though nothingness for eternity with only the music of the spheres for company.

Imagine we put semi-sentient AI on these
>Year 2216, FTL Scouts caught up with Voyager 3
>It developed a personality and has been playing The Green Hills of Earth nonstop

right in the feels...

SPAAACEE

SPAAACEEE

space bump

SPAAAACEEE

Superior tower ships

Sexy gribbles, dem copper parts specially.

simonstalenhag.se/

The mechanics of that movie made 0 sense, but damn if I didn't love it for it.

Not sure how everyone felt about the Zann Consortium, but this was hands down my favorite ship to use.