/STG/ Star Trek General

Reman mindfuckery edition.

Previous thread: A thread for discussing the Star Trek franchise and its various tabletop iterations.

Possible topics include the rpgs by FASA, Last Unicorn Games and Decipher, the Starfleet Battles Universe and WizKid's Star Trek: Attack Wing miniatures and game.

Game Resources

FASA's RPG
>mediafire.com/folder/9mt7sng56l8gg/Star_Trek_RPG_(FASA)
mediafire.com/folder/cwn8tbt2qm5t4/FASATREK_Adventures

Last Unicorn Game's RPG
>mediafire.com/folder/9eiysv2192ods/Star_Trek_RPG_(LUG)
-Official and Fanmade Resources
>coldnorth.com/memoryicon/

Decipher's RPG
>mediafire.com/folder/c6tb7p6dp0pye/Star_Trek_RPG_(Decipher)
-Fan Supplements
>strpg.patrickgoodman.org

Far Trek
mediafire.com/folder/lrhbz9l0qay0j/Far_Trek

Laser & Feelings
onesevendesign.com/laserfeelings/

Lore Resources

Memory Alpha - Canon wiki
>en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Portal:Main

Ex Astris Scientia - Fan analyses of ships, tech and continuity issues
>ex-astris-scientia.org

Daystrom Institute Technical Library - Database of ships and technology
>ditl.org

Star Trek LCARS Blueprints Database - Ship schematics, deck plans and recognition manuals
>cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints-main2.php

Star Trek Maps - Based on the Star Trek Star Charts, updated and corrected
>startrekmap.com/index.html

Star Trek Cartography - Information and maps
>stdimension.org/int/

Now accepting recommendations for more links.

Other urls found in this thread:

subspacecommunication.tumblr.com/tagged/my-art
st-minutiae.com/articles/admiral/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=rgc_LRjlbTU
youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
youtube.com/watch?v=AjPau5QYtYs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Breen space lobster.

Second for Bajorans are apparently space niggers.

2nd for shoddy Starfleet shield emitters

set phasers to cum.

Cum!

What the actual shit is this abomination?

Somebody did a "what if star trek aliums were actually aliens" series of pics. Some of them are retarded, but some are cute; pic related has both.

>tuvok as that fucking dog
i have completely lost all of my shit.

Here's a palate cleanser.

>Kal-Toe is a game of logic, precision and borf! borf! My sticks!

>My nose to your butt.
>My smells to your smells.
>We have now smell melded.

Might as well dump them.

Mind smelled?

>An Orion in a command position
Disgusting

I'm still saving it. For research purposes, of course.

Have another, to further your researches.

This reeks of furry artist.

I guess you can look at the other stuff by that artist. I sure as hell am not.

Kes a cute though.

>Ocampans are cutie chipmunks
Yes please.

Last one.
>chipmunks
They're supposed to be marsupials, like walabees or something.

The furry canon-fuckery in this thread is triggering my autism

>7/10 actually made me mad

This is deeply unsettling and bordering on Furry.

I am actually ok with this.

Not so much others. I guess maybe I just want more monstrous aliums.

For instance I quite like the Horta even if it is just a dude under a lumpy rug.
Or the Gorn, because at least they bothered to give the big lizardman crazy eyes, which upped the alien-ness of it a bit.

Wait, is the tentacle monster supposed to be Dax? What the fuck.

It's not bordering, it's full blown

Yeah I'm curious who the tentacle fish thing is suppose to be. Otherwise I'm not nearly bothered by this as I think I would be. I'm curious what their interpretation of Klingons and Betazoids would be.

>I found another one.
We haven't even gotten to furry-ville yet.

If we're going to cry about furrys, let's get some actual furfaggotry going.

I don't know if I've seen their klingons. Betazoids are that fur thing in . Trills are the worm fish thing.

subspacecommunication.tumblr.com/tagged/my-art

I think the furry thing in is supposed to be a betazoid, but who knows.

Lets not.

Last thread was discussing the connection shared by the Vulcan subraces.

Yeah, I saw after checking their tumblr.

You know Riker is kinkier then I gave him credit

I definitely dislike monkey Bajorans.
Way too planet of the apes.

I think my eyes just threw up.

Oh god, the Klingons are giant beetle things. Cool, but not Klinks.

Also from last thread: Cold Equations Data/Noonien. Can Lore even compare?

garak on bashir is best

Just a reminder that all things fandom come back to Trek.

I don't beleive we ever settled on whether the Remans were Vulcanoids. STO and a number of novels seem to support this theory. As for their physical appearance and traits, they exhibit stronger telepathic abilities than any of the other Vulcanoid races(perhaps not the vulcanoid-rigellians. but we never really learn much about them or any of the other rigellian species). The closest linking characteristic is their ears, which retain the pointed style of the Vulcans and Romulans.

I always found ocampans to be deeply unsettling.
If you grew up together with one and spent your early childhoods together, they would be dead before you reach adulthood.

Speaking of childhood.
I never thought i'd see startrek ABDL furry art. It's combining two of my biggest fetishes.
One is startrek.

OK, now for some actual Veeky Forums stuff.
st-minutiae.com/articles/admiral/index.html
Anybody tried some of these out? I glanced at the first one, and it looked pretty nifty. Not exactly the usual gaming session, but could be a nice change of pace.
Pic unrelated.

>genderbent kirk

Oh good lord.
That would be even more hilarious.

That depends on the situation.

I wonder if the Borg Queen was aware of Lore. Essentially a non Borg that took over a decent sized unimatrix. That would explain her interest in squiring Data.

It does look pretty cool, thanks.
I think I'll try it out with my SFB group between campaigns, or even try to host one for Veeky Forums.

So I ran my One Roll Engine one-shot over the weekend.

Backstory:
>10 years after DS9
>Alpha Quadrant has spent a decade rebuilding from the Dominion War
>Cardassia is still wrecked; lots of cardi refugees in the Federation and a few in Starfleet
>Small number of Romulan defectors have joined SF as well
>Bajor came out of things smelling like roses; lots of bajorans in SF.
>Klingon Empire has experienced a rebirth and has started aggressively expanded into uncharted space away from Romulans and Federation

The ship, the USS Crichton:
>Refitted Akira-Class designed for Gamma Quadrant exploration and search and rescue

The Crew, and the actors chosen to protray them:
>Captain is a female Klingon who left the Empire during the Dominion War due to their dishonorable behavior. Played by Gugu Mbatha-Raw
>1st officer is a Vulcan expert in tactics and psychology, who also acts as ship's counsellor. Played by Michael Fassbender. Terrifying
>Tactical officer is a converted Dominion AI manifested as a holographic Jem'Hadar named Mr. SETH (Sentient Emergent Tactical Heuristics). Played by Dule Hill
>Chief Engineer is a hot headed, slovenly bajoran born in a labor camp and raised to distrust cardassians. Played by Alan Tudyk.
>Operations officer is an unjoined Trill whose husband died in the Dominion War. Played by Mary Elizabeth Winstead.
>Helm is a human female raised on earth's Moon, from a family descended from the moon's first colonists. Played by Deepika Padukone

And the player characters:
>Chief Medical officer, female Orion, Lt. Commander rank. First member of her family in Starfleet. She's possessed by a need to earn respect. Played by Emma Stone.
>Chief Engineer's 2nd Mate, male cardiassian, Lieutenant rank. Loves writing holodeck programs. This turns out to be extremely useful. Played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

Gameplay in the following post.

This looks like fun. Might try and get some people together to see how it pans out.

>ACT 1
The players are on DS9 after the Crichton spent six months on patrol in the Gamma Quadrant. They have literally a day of R&R when they receive a distress call from the USS Europa, a Luna-class cruiser that was supposed to report in three days earlier. The distress call originates from coordinates roughly 60 LY from the Romulan boarder.

The Crichton arrives and finds the Europa adrift. Life support is active but warp drive and long-range communications are down, and local comms are heavily damaged. Through a distorted hail, the Europa's first officer, Commander Arthur Flynn (Liam Hemsworth) is able to relay that they are in need of medical and engineering support after being ambushed by the Breen. The Crichton beams over an away team including the Chief Medical Officer (Player 1) and Chief Engineer's 2nd Mate (Player 2). Medical team also include one Ensign O'Reilly, one of two brothers that work closely with Player 1's character. He's played by Garret Hedlund, because Player 1 wanted to cast her entire medical staff with sexy dudes.

>ACT 2
The players interact with the crew and the ship and find out what's happened. According to Flynn, they were responding to a distress call from a Tarkelian Freighter, but when they lowered their shields to beam an away team over a strike team of Breen pirates beamed over first. In the ensuing firefight the Europa lost almost half its crew, including its entire senior staff. Flynn took charge along with the Europa's tactical officer, a bajoran named Ato (Gillian Jacobs, immediately hated by the players).

As they investigate and work on the ship, they begin to see holes in the story. There are no Breen bodies, which Flynn explains as the Breen being equiped with some kind of auto-disintegration device. The Warp Drive and Long Range Communications were seemingly the only systems damaged; weapons, shields and life support are untouched. Moreover, whoever disabled those systems did so in a precise, surgical way.

The final reveal comes when Player 1 performs an autopsy on the captain, a Vulcan named Surrok (Sean Bean), and finds that he was shot in the back right through his heart. Since she aced her Medicine roll, she was even able to deduce that it was done with a phaser modified to resemble a Breen disruptor. Immediately afterwards, the repairs are completed on the Warp Drive and the Europa flies off, on a course towards Romulan space.

The players carefully confront Flynn about this, and the truth comes out: the Europa came across the cloaked wreckage of a Romulan vessel left over from the Dominion War. Inside they found an isolinear disc containing the forged evidence that Sisko used to get the Empire into the Dominion War during "In the Pale Moonlight". It turns out that Vreetak suspected that he might be killed after he uncoverted Sisko's deception and so made a copy of the data and sent it to Romulus on a second ship, but it was destroyed before it could reach the homeworld as well.

Facing the realization that Starfleet and the Federation isn't the pillar of integrity he'd been raised to believe it to be, Flynn snapped and convinced Ato and several other officers to mutiny and deliver the evidence to the Romulans. They killed the Captain, who believed that the intelligence should be delivered to Starfleet, 1st Officer and Chief Engineer, but not before the C.E. was able to disable the Europa's Warp Drive and Long Range Comms. Hence the need to lure another ship in to help with repairs so they can resume their treasonous mission.

The Players decide to play along with Flynn, and are able to convince him that they're on his side. Despite being watched by Europa's security, and only 8 hours from Romulan space, they decide to enact a plan to stop Flynn.

>ACT 3
Their plan, it turns out, is to transport the acting Senior Staff into a holodeck simulation of the Europa's current course, while they lead a counter-mutiny with their own force of about 20 Crichton personnel. To do this they need to neutralize Flynn and Ato. They split up to enact this plan. Player 2 goes all solid-snake on the situation, sneaking through the ship, tring to slow down the repair work until he can set-up the holodeck simulation. Meanwhile, Player 1 works on taking out the Commander and Tactical Officer.

For the T.O., she does some research into her medical history and finds that she suffered from a bajoran sickness not unlike chicken-pox, which is known to re-emerge in a far more debilitating form in adulthood. She synthesizes a compound that will simulate those symptoms and slips it into Ato's food at the galley. For the Commander, she takes a much more direct route: she straight-up seduces the guy. They go to his quarters, lights fade to black, and when as he's basking in the afterglow she hyposprays him. Soon after Ato is in sick-bay, wracked with agony from the faked condition, so she hypos her too. Bam, both senior officers out of the picture.

The final part of the plan involves neutralizing the bridge crew, which requires Player 1 to crawl through the jeffries tubes to the main life support relay so she can flood the bridge with Anesthene gas while Player 2 stuns his way to a transporter room. They have to trigger their jobs in sync with a planned overload that Player 2 planted in an EPS conduit that would simulate a burst of engine strain from travelling at maximum warp for too long. The ship shakes and the bridge crew does the patented Star Trek turbulence acting, and they two Players make their rolls. The crew wakes up in a bridge identical to their own, shaken from the bout of violent turbulence but otherwise fine--except they're actually in a holodeck now, along with Commander Flynn and Lt. Commander Ato.

>ACT 4
The final act involves both Players leading the Crichton's personnel through the corridors of the Europa under fierce phaser fire, from the holodecks all the way up to the Bridge. They end up taking casualties at each turn, and when they finally reach the bridge Ensing O'Reilly, whose finally manned up after needing to be coddled through his panic by Player 1, takes a phaser blast to the chest. Thankfully since Player 1 is the chief medical officer she's able to stablize him, after which the Players change the Europa's course to match that of the Crichton which has been pursuing them. Player 2 is finally able to get a message through with the short-range comms and the Cricton beams over more security personel to secure the Europa, ending the mission.

The final scene involves Player 1 talking to Commander Flynn in the brig, as he lies utterly defeated at the hands of someone he thought he trusted. It actually turned out pretty poignant.

So what the fuck happened to the Gorn by the time of TNG?

Klingons happened, as they do.

>Lt. jg
>command position
yeah, of a fucking shuttle maybe

... is that Dax, worthless whiny bitch or Garak, I cant tell

at least until she goes full on axe crazy mentalist and triggers quadrant wide strategic Omega detonations in a full third of timelines where she encountered 8472

my perspective is no, Vulcanoids are just the degraded descendants of Sargon's people, the Remans are too different from the others to fit with the timeline

the biggest deviations between the others are forehead ridges and fuzziness of the hair, both of which fit with an ethnic/racial deviation like human jaws than a separate species

because the Ocampans on Ocampa are deliberately altered to be more pliant pets for the Caketaker, Suspria's fuckboi Tanis was much older than anyone on Ocampa had gotten in generations

other than David, Transman Prime!Kirk makes way to much sense

no, that matrix had already been severed as corrupted due to Hugh before they recovered Lore

they are scrabbling trying to reclaim territories of their former empire on the other side from the Feds+Klinks

>because the Ocampans on Ocampa are deliberately altered to be more pliant pets for the Caketaker
Doesn't make them any less depressing a race.

>my perspective is no, Vulcanoids are just the degraded descendants of Sargon's people, the Remans are too different from the others to fit with the timeline
Also, this could be explained with excessive inbreeding and hybridization with another now extinct or unknown species, or contact with a mutagenic virus on remus.

which would be fine, if they didn't have a language completely disconnected from known Minsharan languages

and the extreme institutionalised racism and dislike for crossbreeds present in both Vulcan and Romulan culture (and therefore presumably pre-Surak Minsharan culture) means the chance of a genetically stable hybrid race arising right next to the Romulan homeworld is... unlikely to say the least

>and the extreme institutionalised racism and dislike for crossbreeds present in both Vulcan and Romulan culture (and therefore presumably pre-Surak Minsharan culture) means the chance of a genetically stable hybrid race arising right next to the Romulan homeworld is... unlikely to say the least
Well the Romulans also extremely dislike Remans. They frikking enslaved them and treated them like subhumans (exactly as a racist society would do with crossbreeds.)

except they wouldn't have come into being in the first place, in all of star trek we have 3 (5 counting unused background concepts and in both of those the other half was vulcan) romulan crossbreeds

There's a whole prison full of them. That's more than we see of klink half-breeds (besides them), and Klingons feature several times more heavily than Romulans.

nope, in the prison its only Ba'el, and her father gives the impression that he is camp commandant as punishment for siring her

the rest of the Klingons there are "pure" klingon, hence why all the ones born there BUT Ba'el leave at the end

Does anyone get the impression that grey Cardassians and brown Cardassians are different races, kind of like black and white humans?

And made it to emperor of the Romulan Star Empire.
Your point is invalid.

After 90$ of the Romulam Leadership died, most of the fleet has gone independent, the Empire is reduced to a shadow of itself and she returned from exile with a fleet of Hirogen at her command and enough leverage over the head of the Tal'Shiar that he would "support" her
By the 4th Khitomer Accords, the Republic probably controls as many worlds as the Empire

>90$ of the romulan leadership died
a tragic loss.

%
90%
Fuckong meat sausages and tiny touchscreen keyboard

So can I play as an Andorian?

Yeah sure why not.
LUG trek has a supplement specifically for them.

I wonder how much Romulan leadership i could buy with one dollar?

>Idelacio's perfect 3d cheesecake as the OP image
My Andorian

is it wrong to want him to do a klink femboi?

>klink
>femboi
pick exactly one.

romulan fembois and andorian second male sex (androgynous) bois ... that's a different story

>andorian second male sex (androgynous) bois
I made Mirror Andoria into Space Bangkok. I have no shame in this.

lol
are they super into 3D chess?

Only if you prefer your kicks above the waist.

youtube.com/watch?v=rgc_LRjlbTU

Hey all, I have 800 zen sitting on my STO, going to spend it frivolously. My character is 23rd century, so while I know you can put some clothes on a borg bridge officer, can you put the 23rd century clothes on them? Otherwise I will just finally nab the Constitution or Daedalus.

You have fine taste in music.

One night on Andor will make a hard Gorn humble.

i'd invest it.
dil to zen is ridiculously high these months
so if you wait a couple of months the price will probs drop and you could get more zen

topkek

also, now we just have to figure out planet equivalents to all the other 70s songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s

what would be space 'straya?

>youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Nimbus III

i feel insulted on behalf of all australians.

nimbus III is a really really shitty place.
australia is just.... not particularly nice.

People farm dead dirt.
People were conned into going there.
that was a spoiler, about convicts
Weapons were banned, so they made their own.
Its pretty shit.

I'm not seeing the difference.

youtube.com/watch?v=AjPau5QYtYs

>pic related

Sorry, pun not spoiler.
>And you can act real rude and totally removed
And I can act like an imbecile

Tellarites.

I'd say that's still accurate for the wadi.
>and i can act like an imbecile
the sisko gang in that episode

Good point. Its just a game!

literally every single line of that song fits

>tfw we were the last humans to join the federation

You gotta wonder what issues made it so difficult.

Actually getting the message to them, no one coulda speaka my language, so they kept giving them vegemite sandwich.

So guys, the war with the borg. Why didn't they just call the First Federation.

Correct me if i'm wrong (never saw the episode) but it's never actually mentioned that the Fesarius.is truly as advanced as claimed.
It's big. and it could scan and disable the enterprise, but then again so could a lot of other things, and definitely any starship from the 24th century.
And fully automated and, a ship of a primarily peaceful species, and without a crew as it was, it would probably have been easy to assimilate.

On the other hand, their ships are a mile in diameter and their mass breaks the scale on the Enterprise. So if nothing else they could just bludgeon a cube to death.

yes.
and now imagine such a ship being assimilated by the borg, because there is literally only one person on the entire ship, the rest are easily reprogrammed machines.