Undead Bonezone Civ thread PT3

You stand in a courtyard of a dilapidated and abandoned castle, your minions working day and night to crudely reinforce the ancient gates and walls. Your bedchamber and books back within the keep and a bandit your skeletons kidnapped and are keeping prisoner in the crypt. To the North of you lies your home town that you were chased out of for your experiments, to the south lies mountains with a supposed village hidden in them. East is a large town and west is the bandit camp where they are 30- 40 strong and keeping prisoners. You stand aside your newly summoned horse patting its powerful frame, within the bowels of the keep you can hear the bandit begging to be freed.

>Order minions (You can split them up however you want for separate tasks)

>Ignore captive
>Kill captive
>Free captive
>Attempt to ally captive
>Other

>Research Physical Necromancy D100
>Research Spiritual Necromancy D100
>Research Plague Necromancy D100
OR
>Head solo or with minions in any direction

Research learned - Infectious zombie bite, resurrect horse and dog corpse, possess minion

>Current army
>17 zombies
>6 Skeletons
>3 Dog
>1 Undead horse

Hey OP, glad I caught the thread

Rolled 70 (1d100)

Let's move to the eastern town alone, have the undead keep watch around the keep, but let's infiltrate and find out what we can about it

Rolled 90 (1d100)

>Order minions to repair and to find more bodies
>feed captive and ask him too tell you all the horrible things he has done
>Research Spiritual Necromancy D100

Research or head east? Gonna need a tie breaker

Head east, go to tavern, find out shit, then research before sleep. Don't test out anything unless we know it's safe to do so.

Hey Newfriend I rolled 90 for Spiritual Research so can we please go with my vote.

Fuck it i'll give you both! Gimme a sec

Hey, if we can do both I'd be happy, but otherwise yeah do this

Thanks based OP

Thank you.

You walk down the cell steps, treading deeper into danker and darker territory, in a dimly lit room locked in a cell at the back of the room is the bandit idly rattling his knuckles against the bars, 3 zombies stand in front of the cell staring at him. Having spent the night with them he seems to have calmed down slightly.
“Enjoying your stay” you smirk sarcastically
“If you’re just gonna kill me get it over with” He snaps
“Depends if you deserve it” you say coldly “What sort of things have you done?”
“I’m a thief, done all sorts” he sniffs
“I’ll need a little more than that” you pry
“Murder, Robbery, Rape... not that it matter, i know i aint getting outta here alive” he sighs
“Hmm very well, that will suffice for now” you turn around leaving the dungeon.
Gathering up some books and a sword you order your minions to guard the castle and keep the repairs coming and to make sure they keep the bandit fed, they all seem to understand, the skeletons especially. You exit the castle gates and begin your trek east, reading as you do so, the change of scenery and cool wind through the trees feel like they’re helping to alleviate your mind. You eventually leave the forest and hours pass until you see it at the bottom of a hill, a large town, far larger than the one you grew up in. There are almost a hundred houses and blacksmiths and barracks and a church, a great river running through the centre and farms dotted around the outskirts.

You have research spirit form, you can briefly separate your soul from your body and glide as an invisible presence.

>Head to a tavern
OR

>Head back to castle with the location known

>Current army
>17 zombies
>6 Skeletons
>3 Dog
>1 Undead horse

Tavern, let's see what the local rumours are

>Head to a tavern
That bandit is going to wish that he kill him self when we get back.

He just might

You stroll down the stone and dirt path, the sun showering the countryside with light and warmth, passing a couple of farmsteads on the way you start to notice more and more huts and cottages until you realise you are within the town. The streets wind and twist and lead to a large road in the centre of the town with markets and stalls set up, some selling freshly baked bread and goods that waft over the smell of the mud and people. The noise and bustle of the population is almost overwhelming after spending over a week in almost total solitude. Other stalls sell salted meat and “magical trinkets” that look like cheap toys, you walk at a leisurely pace taking it all in before finding “The merry monk” tavern. You push the door aside to be greeted by the roaring warmth of fire and the low hum of conversations being had over the ale soaked tables and smoke filled air. You slouch on the bar and a pretty young barmaid asks what your order is, using the money you found at the raided house in the woods you order a pint of ale. Choosing a somewhat centred but quiet and small table you sit down and sip at the drink, watching groups of men and women smoking pipes and guzzle down amber largers. You close your eyes still sipping at the alcohol while attempting to listen to any conversations.
“Saw it with me own 2 eyes i promise” belches one man
“Theres no such thing, fairytale” another laughs
“People said the same about the orcs before they became such a problem!” he defended “I promise i saw one in the mountains down south”
“Lemme guess, it was bigger than an orc?” the other man mocked
“It was! Covered in fur and climbing the cliffside” he exasperated
Their conversation became quieter and drowned out amongst some glasses clinking together, you tried to focus elsewhere

“When’s he back?” a man asked
“Six months” a woman answered proudly “He was handpicked to be a Paladin! Gabriel doesnt just pick anyone either! My boys special”
“I hear they’re just dramatic priests whose armour is so shiny and bright because they never even see battle” a different voice laughed
“Or because they never get hit” the woman said with pride still in her voice
You look outside the window to see the sun hovering above the hillside, knowing you cant make it back before nightfall.

>Possess a minion?
>Go ghost form?

>Buy a room for the night?
>Explore the Church?
>Explore the farms?
>Explore the Market?
>Head home anyway?

>Other

Sweet, paladins are in that monastery, this could be a problem later, for now, let's get a room and go ghost to spy on shit, the church, the barracks, whatever seems reasonable

>Buy a room for the night?
>Go ghost form?

You walk over to the barmaid and ask how much it is for a room, it takes what little money you have left and she tosses the keys playfully over the bar at you, you exchange a smile and head up to your room. Locking it from the inside you lay down on a rather small thatch filled bed, not what you are use too but its comfy enough. You get a few hours sleep to reinvigorate you upon waking you realise it is now dark outside and you close your eyes and much the same as when you possessed your minions you focus on moving your own soul, although this time with no target in mind. You find yourself standing over your motionless body, you feel how light you are and stare down to see you have no body or form, a disembodied mind. Dropping through the floor you see the barmaid cleaning up the tables and bar, she looks tired and drained, a large bellied man walks past her, presumably the owner of the Merry Monk, he pats her hard on the ass as he passes by.
“Make sure to clean the cellar as well and bring a new barrel up Sara” he chuckles
“Yes sir” she nods exhausted
You drift past the conversation and through the town, its strangely quiet comapred to a few hours previous, lights inside houses flicker and dance and the odd drunk stumbles through the streets or stops to take a piss. You float through the streets until you reach the church, entering you see a small graveyard although there does appear to be stone doors leading to an underground mausoleum, you float closer and attempt to push inside the church although upon contact you feel an intense pain rush through your spirit, you recoil instantly feeling as though you had just been burned. Perhaps not such a good idea, the mausoleum is accessible and seems to hold as many plots as the graveyard.

You turn tail and head through more streets until you reach a fenced off Barracks, passing easily through the walls you find a room filled with swords and shields and past that the sleeping quaters where there are around 30 beds, although not all filled with sleeping bodies currently, at that you feel your mind being drawn back into your body. You open your eyes staring at the ceiling, you can hear snoring and the occasional footstep in the tavern but you decide to go back to sleep until morning. Upon waking you head downstairs and see the barmaid and landlord setting up and opening windows.

>Leave Tavern?
>Explore Town?
>Head back to castle?
>Other?

(Feel free to pick your own choices, im just giving recommendations)

>Go to a bounty board and see what group of people you can kill and get paid for it.

You wave over to the barmaid and landlord thanking them for your stay, they both look up her smiling at you as he nods, you push the door open and head down the street, several minutes of walking later you come to a yard with what you assume to be the Town hall at the centre, in front of it is a board with letters, information and bounties.
“Wanted : Orc warchief Karog – wanted dead or alive for theft, murder, arson - 10,000 gold coins”
“Wanted : Raze Bandit chief – Wanted dead or alive for theft, murder, rape - 4000 gold coins”
“Wanted : James Thillet – Wanted alive for theft – 500 gold coins”
You snatch the papers off the board and stuff them into your sack of books, the noise of chit chat begins to fill the air as farmers and early wakers leave their homes.

>Head back to tavern
>Head in any direction
>Head back to castle
>Other

>Current army
>17 zombies
>6 Skeletons
>3 Dog
>1 Undead horse

Moving a bit slow for me so maybe call it for tonight!

What I'm here.

Find out if this place have any outcasts if they do offer them to Join you .

Sorry it took me so long I was doing something. Please tell me you are still there

Yeah I had to leave for two hours, sorry

OP you still there we were not that long.
What time will this time again?

Damit why didn't I write a vote faster.

Sorry when there was no one for over 20 minutes I just thought I would leave it for tonight, didn't realise so many would rush back, ill try getting it up again around 4 GMT tomorrow!