MTG LEGACY GENERAL

I for one welcome our new DnT overlords Edition.

Let's dream today. DnT recently recieved their dream card in a color shifted recruiter that even hits flickerwisp. What would your favortie deck's dream card look like? Bonus points if it could plausibly see print in a set (supplemental or otherwise) these days.

Other urls found in this thread:

thrabenuniversity.com/?page_id=11
thrabenuniversity.com/?page_id=51
challonge.com/tg_legacy3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I play miracles, I dunno white or blue mana land destruction so I can sometimes win against cloud post? Other than that I'm having trouble thinking of a dream card.

Splash red for Blood Moon.

I was about person telling me to make DnT away from getting it, but now that I see that recruiter, I'm pulling the gun Holy fuck that card is bonkers. Anyone here able to post a pretty solid DnT deck?

I absolutely detest that card, so much so I play monk red skred without it (I don't win often) and I play Esper miracles so I can't

R
Instant
~ deals 3 damage to target creature or player

and it's not named lightning bolt

This was meant for
But either way, I'd like to see dig through time come back, or another card less powerful than it but something similar (predict doesn't count, I don't think it does a good enough imitation)

Oh boy! Aluren is now both doubly better, and doubly worse. What a world!

I can't believe they printed it, but at the same time, I guess it shuts everyone who was crying about recruiters up. Painter can even run it, it runs plateaus and lotus petals anyway.

I personally dearly hope for a card that can spawn an entire new non-blue deck. It will never happen, but a man can dream, can't he?

The actual dream card for DnT would be 2/2 Legendary Flickerwisp. But new recruiter is bretty good.

A realistic dream card for Dredge would probs be a G Seal with "Sac: Counter target artifact or enchantment spell"; an answer to crypt/RiP without either ever hitting the board. It wouldn't make sense as a standalone, but it could plausibly be part of a weird cycle (Black: Counter creature spell Blue: Counter target instant spell etc.).

painter can't run it bc it doesn't get painter

thrabenuniversity.com/?page_id=11

Although the DnT lists will probably change quite a lot in the coming months.

are you talking bout the new conspiracy recruiter?
the one that doesn't hit painter?

DnT doesn't play painter, painter plays painter.

gets recruiter though, which is almost as good.

I think the dream card for DnT was Thalia, Guardian of Thraben. Recruiter will let you trim on situational cards (-1 revoker, -1 Mirran Crusader +2 Recruiter is my current plan). Running 4 recruiter seems like you slow the deck down a lot. I might try it in 24 land+dustdowl, but you have to cut more business. I don't really want hands with 3+ 3 drops.

Oh shit, I guess it's just a D&T card then. Damn, I was really hoping painter would get something to make a resurgence.

i was talking bout painter when i brought up painter though.

No one answered me, has Thalia tested well for anyone? She's been strictly OK for me.

Thank you very much, I like the look of it a lot. BTW wasn't b/W DnT a thing at one point? And if it was what black cards did it play.

Ignore me if I'm retarded

Why would you run it to grab recruiter? A tutor for a tutor is not very good.

It gets everything but painter. Fetching Jaya or Revoker or Magus isn't bad, if the deck eschews the painter plan and runs more LEDs

I don't remember seeing B/W DnT but I would imagine Tidehollow Sculler and Bob are pretty decent reasons to be in B. You lose a lot of the consistent manabase though, since you want 4 Port 4 Waste and Karakas.

The DnT site also has a page for the black splash. Go look around!

thrabenuniversity.com/?page_id=51

Thank you both very much, I'll finally have a deck that won't go to time every other round

Miracles is fine, ban something from D&T

but then what would all the scrawny kids with wire frame glasses play?

I guess not

Storm

Anybody play Elves?

nah, storm is for bigger dudes with beards wearing metal band t-shirts

I'm proud of you guys, we made it through an entire thread without dying. Friendly reminder to contact your tournament partners and set up matches in a timely manner, then you can send me a message on Challonge with the results. It would probably be best if both players sent, to confim

Combo player spotted

I do, love the bastards. Not my main deck, but it's always fun to come back to.

Anyone have experience playing with pic related? I played vs a jund pox-like deck with these and it was pretty effective, really limited the spells I could cast and all.

Seriously why not just reprint Imperial Recruiter as a Mythic?
It would fit the flavor and help lower this cards absolutely absurd cost

Its on the reserve list. The "never print outside of a limited print run" list.

No it is not on the Reserved List. Also, Reserved List cards are to NEVER EVER be reprinted, even in limited runs.

WotC clearly has a policy of never impacting the price of high-value cards. Sure, Recruiter isn't on the official reserve list. Its still on a no-meaningful-reprint list.

Its not on the reserved list
>says its on the reserved list
>gets corrected and told that no it is not in fact on the reserved list
>"I-I knew that the w-whole time but im still right cause r-reasons"

See, I initially said that it was on the "'never print outside of a limited print run' reserve list". You missed the joke. I then explained it. You again fail to understand it.

it doesn't matter, you and the other guy need to just drop it. it's rare, it's expensive, it isn't getting reprinted.

I really like goldfishing it, but I feel like elves performs poorly in the current meta. Any insights?

I'm not an expert on the deck, but I feel like all its matchups are really lopsided, good (dnt) or bad (ant, miracles). if its bad matchups are a large part of the meta, it will be very poorly positioned.

Yeah, currently it's not great right now becuase lots of people are on a miracle high and counterattacking with combo to beat the newbs playing the deck. Give it some time and elves will be a good choice again.

Elves crushes current-meta D&T. I'd sleeve it up. BE AWARE that once this new tutor drops people will be playing 1-of meta shit like Mindcensor maindeck to stop opposing tutor effects, so pack something to deal before you fire off Natural Order.

This is almost always refuted with experience. Almost being the key word. That's the best part about legacy, experience and skills is the strongest factor in deciding games.

I'm back online. Last thread we paired up for the GRAND Veeky Forums LEGACY TOURNAMENT. Where my opponent at? I'm ready to play poorly!

Link to the challonge tournament. not sure if you can still sign up. I think it's closed.
challonge.com/tg_legacy3

I closed registration this morning, though if we have good results we can host one every week. The best way to contact me (To report results) or your opponent is through messaging them on Challonge.

Ayo fuggboi. I need to set up my deck on Xmage and connect. Gimme a minute. This is also my first time playing Legacy, so this'll be a trip.

are you PrismShank? I'll make a game. I'm on the woogerworks public server (north america) I'll be waiting to take your legacy virginity ;)

Sounds good.

The game is called Veeky Forums legacy. My username is DDFTGuy. password is blackpeople. I'll be waiting.

I clicked away from the game window and can't get back into it. Might have to ddisconnect and make a new game. Sorry.

It said you quit. Remake that shit.

Your deck is gay

anyone? seems powerful if you can play it on or ahead of curve on basics.

On Xmage how do you view your full hand? Mine keeps getting cut off by the box that shows the stack.

Very

what resolution is your monitor?

I think 1366 x 768

there should be a scroll bar under your hand

went to time on g1 vs PrismShank. I should have set the timer higher considering neither of us knew xmage well. I'd like to do game 2 and 3 another time (if mr. tournament organizer thinks it's ok) since winning that way seems shitty but I need to sleep now. I'll be around late-ish tomorrow night too.

Nice trips. I'd also like to do the games another time since I have a raging headache.

It's up to you two to play your matches, you can do then however you want to.

hey swordnshield, I replied to your message on challonge but idk if it sent you an email for that or not. I'm usually around from ~9pm-1am ET. I'll be on the woogerworks server. if that doesn't work for you, let me know on challonge and we can work something else out.

Well, that was brutal.

I've never played against Shoal Infect before in Legacy. I boarded wrong because I thought Humility would protect me from Inkmoth.

In G2 I should have tutored for Trinisphere instead of Humility.

yeah one of my favorite things about playing a fringe deck is I think it gives you some percentage points against people who aren't prepared for it (because they have no reason to be). I've never played against your deck either so every time you tutored I was like "well fuck, I wonder what he's getting."
the only reason I knew the inkmoth/humility interaction is because I spend all my free time watching old scg coverage instead of tv. there was one match of bbd on miracles against tom Ross on ug infect, and bbd smugly taps out for humility just to have tom animate a nexus and throw it across the table at him.
I agree, trinisphere would have been backbreaking there.
if you don't mind me asking, what's your deck called and what's the wincon? I consider myself somewhat knowledgable about legacy, but I've never encountered it.
good games too, I was sweating in the second one.

It's called Parfait, here's a pic of it in paper from the last thread . The basis of the deck is using Land Tax and Scroll Rack to draw a bunch of cards.

The wincons in the main are RiP/Helm combo and Charbelcher, and G2 I didn't side in Elspeth or Assemble because I figured they were too slow. That meant that I had to answer the Null Rod if I wanted to kill you. I already had RiP in hand so if you hadn't played Null Rod I would have tutored Helm and tried to combo off.

that's really dope. legacy's great, I love that people can basically play whatever they can imagine.

bump

If you're in-game and happen to click away from your game, you can use the "windows" button on top of the interface to get back into your game.

Use options to reduce/enlarge the size of the UI components. Make cards and the stack smaller etc. Also you can drag the chat to make it thinner.

what deck was it?

Yo DDFT/other combobros, what can you tell me about the storm deck that runs 7 Silence effects.
I've heard it is very difficult to pilot.

White power

Forgot pic

Storm is for autist who want to show society they know how to count untill 10

Hey man I just want to collect my easy 3-0s and make a couple neckbeards salty along the way.
I also play Dredge.

Old DDFT lists used to run 6 or 7 silence effects. Old TES lists ran silence as well. If you want to really go deep, i think the old IGGy pop lists ran silence. But those are the old lists. They're outdated.

I played Miracles.

I'll try the options. Dragging the chat just let me see half of my seventh card.

Wew that's neat.

Why did the Silence plan fall out of favor for DDFT and TES?
What was it replaced with?

So, who's testing what from Conspiracy 2: Electric Boogaloo? Currently testing UBr Tezz with 2 new Daretti and 2 Dack, the looting Dack brings helps a lot with Ruins and Daretti is a nice 3 CMC removal engine.

As a recent DNT convert, I'm trying to balance the deck out

Discard. Better to be proactive, doesn't require TES to be 5-color so you no longer need rainbow lands.

Silence was good when it was a thing but fell out of favor as the meta changed. IIRC Canadian was the best deck of the format in that time and Silence was mainly played because of that.

>it's a dredge gets absolutely nothing again expansion
fucking end my torment already

Welcome to the life of a combo player.

And it will stay that way hopefully

So how many of you chuckle fucks are gonna Slam sanctum prelate in DnT

I'll be abrupt decaying the shit out of it.
Post board......if they don't drop it on 2.

This card is retarded. Vintage players are laughing their fat sweaty tits off as we speak.

this is fucking insane

The silence lists are better vs faster combo, but they strain your manabase, especially now that abrupt decay is required. You'd be playing 5 colors out of necessity, with no room for basics, in a wastead heavy meta. Also, if you think about it, silence does the same thing as discard. It takes away a counterspell, or you learn the way is clear and they die. But you don't get any info about what else is in their hand. Unless you're playing Ill-gotten gains or time spiral there's no reason to play silence anymore.

Hey come on, we got Dark Petition last year....
That's about it for the past... 8 years

>Chalice for 0
>Land, Mox, Mox
>Prelate on 1

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

You faggots literally just banned Chalice. Why the fuck are you doing this to me. Reeeeee

You got Prized Amalgam recently.

Maybe land the prelate first before you lock out your moxen.

Not sure which thread to ask in, but does anybody know a good youtube/twitch/whatever link to mtg pro games, where I can actually read the effects of the cards? I tried watching once but had no idea what was going on because last time I played MTG ravnica was the newest edition.

That would be a good idea, yes.
Don't post while your PTSD is triggered kids.

Is it possible to make a Bant Stoneforge Mystic deck that does relatively well in Legacy? Or is it not in a good spot with the current meta?

UW Stoneforge looks stronger now that it can tutor up both Mystic and True-Name.

Not sure what adding Green would really give you. I think in general Green in Legacy is largely positioned as either pairing with Black or being Mono.