Dragonball Quest #80

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a nineteen year old man named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

>>youtube.com/watch?v=H8PC1_3fjvs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ALpLYw7FHI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> Reading all the previous threads in one day and looking forward to partecipate in this one.

Yes Som is back

The flight to the Lookout is quite the experience.

For starters, you've never flown this far before without using either an airship or a Nimbus cloud. But, having recently eaten a Senzu Bean, you're confident that you'll have the necessary energy to make the trip. And, you aren't wearing weighted clothes, so it shouldn't even be all that difficult.

The other notable thing, or person, as the case is, would be Bulma. You're holding her bridal-style, though the words and sounds that came from her mouth when the trip began were anything but romantic. After the initial series of screams and curses, she's at least quieted down.

Her arms are wrapped around your neck, and she tries to keep her focus on you so that she doesn't have to think so much about how high in the air she is. For someone who's ridden the Flying Nimbus, she seems surprisingly afraid of heights. Then again, at least with that, she had something under her.

"S-so, Tofoo.." she stammers with nervousness she makes no effort to hide. "What's this Kami guy like?"

>A. He's very wise, and kind

>B. Tell her she should try not to freak out when she sees his face

>C. He can be kind of hard to get along with

>D. Something else

Aww yeah here we go

>>B. Tell her she should try not to freak out when she sees his face

He's a practical guy. A bit stubborn, but good.

Man you guys fucked up last thread

>A. He's very wise, and kind

>Cha-la
>Head cha-la

If by fucked up you mean were perfectly reasonable IC, then yes.

Soon, my friend

Eh, we know that Goku can do things in his own way and isn't careless with other people lives.
We should have trusted him more, we heard Kami words too much probably.

>[Kageyama Intensifies]

>goku
>not careless with peoples lives
>what is cell saga
>what is buu saga
if the dragonballs didn't exist goku and co could be seriously fucked through those arcs.

>isn't careless with other people lives
I disagree.

>we heard Kami words too much probably.
Nigga we listened to the ancient and wise guardian of the Earth over the implied thought process of a retard that can't read and doesn't know how babies are made.

i'd also argue frieza saga as well, but goku actually tried to kill him and failed, that particular one isn't his fault.

youtube.com/watch?v=5ALpLYw7FHI

If you put in meta knowledge we know that Goku was stronger than Piccolo and would have stopped him, plus defeated him and put him on our side.

You remember that we are pretty much cleaning after Kami mess, right? xD

We know Goku would have won the fight in the end. We DID NOT know that Goku would stop Piccolo from using his big attack and murdering the crowd. There was a chance he might just try to tank it to prove that he could (see Krillins Super Kamehameha)

I stand by our decision.

You give the answer to that question a little thought. Your interactions with Kami haven't always been the greatest. The two of you argued the first day you met, and again earlier today when he came to the tournament to confront Piccolo himself. But, the two of you mostly seem to get along, and you suppose he is pretty wise.

"Tofoo?" Bulma repeats, her nervous voice bringing you back to reality.

"Well...just try not to freak out when you see his face," you tell her, not really answering her question, but doing your best to prevent an awkward situation like the time Goku attacked Kami.

"Why?" she asks, the fear in her voice giving way to curiosity. "Oh! He's super old, so he must not be much to look at, right?"

Well, she isn't wrong.

You reach the mainland a few moments later, and with the trip across the ocean finished, both of you relax just a bit. It wouldn't do for you to run out of energy and both of you to drown.

"So, why did you jump in the ring?" Bulma asks after a brief silence. "Was Piccolo stronger than him?"

>A. You thought Goku wouldn't be able to stop his attack

>B. No, Goku was stronger than him

>C. It was an impulse

>D. Something else

>>B. No, Goku was stronger than him

>>B. No, Goku was stronger than him
>>C. It was an impulse
"It might have been rash, but I did what was best. I don't regret it."

B.
C.

>B. No, Goku was stronger than him.
>D. Something else

Goku is one of my best friends but he has this flaw where he puts "the fight" over the safety of others. If there was even the smallest chance he was going to let Piccolo use his attack then I had to intervene. I won't risk people's lives so he can have fun. Not anyone in the crowd, not my friends, and especially not you.

>B. No, Goku was stronger than him
>C. It was an impulse
>D. "But I think we both need to talk to each other about this."

This

>>C. It was an impulse
If it were just between Goku and Piccolo, I would have stayed out. But he involved the crowd.

Goku is stronger than me and Piccolo, but who knows what sort of trick Piccolo would pull.

I think our actions really make sense considering the first tournament Roshi had to prevent a crowd-vaporizing. It's a lesson we really took to heart.

supporting

Oh yeah, in-character it certainly makes sense

Also that second time in 2nd tournament I think were we could dodge an attack, but it would have been sent towards the crowd, so we voted to tank it.

"No, Goku was stronger than Piccolo," you answer.

"Then why did you attack?" Bulma asks, the fear on her face being replaced with confusion.

Taking a deep breath, you think over your answer. You know why you did what you did, but you aren't really sure how to explain it to her.

"Goku's one of my best friends," you start. "But he was putting the fight over the safety of others. Piccolo's attack would have killed everybody, and if there was even the smallest chance Goku wouldn't have stopped him from using it, I had to intervene. I wasn't going to risk people's lives so Goku could have his fun and win the tournament. Not anyone in the crowd, not my friends, and especially not you."

Bulma's cheeks turn red. "Oh...well, thanks. But, Goku seemed pretty mad at you."

"I'll talk to him later," you promise. "But I stand by what I did."

"It's just too bad you and Goku didn't get to have your match," Bulma laments. "I would have loved to see that."

>A. There's always next time

>B. You'll have a match with Goku outside the tournament

>C. Yeah, it would have been great

>D. Something else

>>A. There's always next time
>At this point winning a tournament doesn't mean much

With a tinge of sadness in our voice.

We need to have a brofight.

Bros fistfight and make up, or they let shit linger and become little bitches. We must fight our friend for the sake of our friendship.

>D
"At the point we got to, the Tournament was probably over already."

"There's always next time," you tell her optimistically.

"Yeah, hopefully next time there'll be less psychos," Bulma answers hopefully.

Looking down, you see row after row of trees passing beneath you. The air has an incredibly tranquil and invigorating feeling to it, and, in the distance, you spot a colossal structure stretching upward into the sky.

You've reached the land of Korin.

"Is that Kami's Lookout?" Bulma asks, staring in awe at the massive structure.

"No, that's Korin's tower," you answer. "The Lookout is above it."

"Above it?" Bulma asks in disbelief, staring up into the sky. "That's insane!"

Reaching the tower, you stop moving forward and begin to fly straight up, quickly ascending to the top of Korin Tower, and continuing straight up.

Bulma holds on for dear life, squeezing her eyes shut and burying her face in your chest as you climb higher and higher.

Soon, you spot the bottom of the Lookout, and in a few seconds, you reach the top, landing on the edge and looking around.

Popo is tending to the garden, a group of birds perched on his shoulders as he waters the many plants that cover the Lookout.

Bulma opens her eyes, and you set her down.

>A. Ask Bulma what she thinks

>B. Go ask Popo if he knows where Kami is

>C. Wait here, Kami should know you've come to see him

>D. Something else

>>C. Wait here, Kami should know you've come to see him

>>C. Wait here, Kami should know you've come to see him

>C. Wait here, Kami should know you've come to see him

>>B. Go ask Popo if he knows where Kami is

>>A. Ask Bulma what she thinks

>B. Go ask Popo if he knows where Kami is

Hey Popo my n... new friend.

What's up hon.. ored guest?

>all the squares make a circle
>all the squares make a circle

Hello darkness, my old friend.

"What do you think?" you ask Bulma.

She stares at the massive floating structure in awe, seeming amazed by everything from the ground beneath her feet to the plants being tended to by Popo.

When she sees the caretaker, she recoils, looking at him with fear. She actually goes blue in the face and scurries behind you, holding your shoulders and cautiously peeking toward Popo, who hums pleasantly to himself as he continues his duties, seeming blissfully unaware of either you, or the terrified young woman, though you know better than that.

"I-is that Kami?" she asks.

"No," you tell her calmly. "That's Mr. Popo. He helps take care of the Lookout."

"Then, where's Kami?" Bulma asks, glancing around nervously, as if she expects the guardian to materialize out of thin air at any second.

"I don't know," you answer. "But he should know that we're here."

Sure enough, you spot the Guardian emerging from his building, slowly approaching you and Bulma, who lets out a horrified cry once he's close enough to get a good look at.

"I-is that King Piccolo?!" she asks in terror. "I thought he was dead."

"Well, at least this one didn't try to kill me," Kami jokes as he approaches. "Though seeing people tremble with fear isn't much better."

Bulma's shaking stops as she seems to realize who this must be.

"Wait, YOU'RE Kami?" she questions. "But you look just like-"

"I know," he says, cutting her off. "And there is good reason for that, which I'm sure Tofoo can explain to you later. But, for now, we have important business to discuss."

His attention turns to you. "Piccolo escaped."

>A. Apologize

>B. It was Goku's fault

>C. Ask what you should do

>D. Ask if he knows where Piccolo went

>E. Something else

>>D. Ask if he knows where Piccolo went

>A. Apologize
>C. Ask what you should do
>E. Something else

>A. Apologize

>>C. Ask what you should do

Does anyone think he'll ask us to euthanize him? Because I'd be fine with it.

>A. Apologize

>A. Apologize

>>C. Ask what you should do

>E
"It was a team effort."
>D
"I was hoping you might have a more precise method than shouting for him to show himself."

"I'm sorry," you tell Kami.

"Do not dwell on it," the Guardian tells you. "What is done cannot be undone. What is important now is how we proceed."

"Well, do you know where to find Piccolo?" you ask, hoping to be pointed in the right direction and finish this before it gets out of hand.

"No," Kami tells you. "Once again, Piccolo has gone into hiding. Just as before, he understands that his life would be in danger were he to reveal himself. Now, with both you and Goku having greater power than he, he will avoid the two of you at all costs. And, since Goku revealed my hand in training you, he will take precautions to make sure I cannot find him."

You clench your hands into fists. After three years of intense training, up here and away from your friends, you're back to square one. And, the next time you confront Piccolo, he won't be so overconfident.

"Then what should we do?" you ask Kami.

"We have two options," the Guardian answers. "We can either wait for Piccolo to reemerge, and make sure we're ready to confront him when the time comes. Or, you can take my life, and Piccolo's along with it."

>A. You won't kill him; there has to be another way

>B. You'll train to make sure you can face Piccolo when he returns

>C. Could you wish him back with the Dragonballs if he dies?

>D. You'll do it. You'll kill him

>E. Something else

>>D. You'll do it. You'll kill him
HERE WE GO BOYS

>E. Something else
"What about the dragonballs, can't we use them to locate where he went?"

A dragonball quest without dragonballs. Dreams do come true.

>>A. You won't kill him; there has to be another way
C'mon guys, Piccolo doesn't seem to be THAT dangerous, with both you and Goku on the side of good.
(Also, we need those Dragon Balls)

Tofoo is a good boy!

Seconding, really doubt we should jump in to killing without using the one option we have left that we think can work.

Really? All this talk about surpassing our limits and we are taking the easy way?

>B. You'll train to make sure you can face Piccolo when he returns

I'm too curious about where this path leads.

Guys,what if we use the dragon balls to force piccolo to become our friend?

Not D

No dragonballs is the easy way only in the short run. Long term the game will now be true high stakes

D:5

A: 4

Christ, anons. This could be interesting

Oh boy, this'll be fun

My body is ready

So how you gonna screw is over this time SOM?

OH GOD! This will make things so much harder,cooler,and so much more impactful

>dragonball quest with no dragonballs since we offed kami
>goku will be forever pissed with us not because we killed kami, but because of the fact that we cockblocked him from ever finishing his fight
>we arn't even a saiyan so we don't get the sweet mid fight bullshit boosts that are DBZ
welcome to Dark Souls: Dragonball edition, one chance and one chance only, you guys ready for this?

No.fucking.dragon.balls.thats how

If I had to guess he'll force Vegeta to come to earth anyway even though there's no reason for him to

True Violence returns in a way no one expected.

>REMOVE NAMEKIAN

>No reason to
>Forgetting the manga Vegeta was still going to Earth since he didn't want Raditz getting killed by weaklings to disgrace his saiyan heritage.

>Goku will never get to finish fighting Piccolo
>Bulma is right fucking there as we say and do this
>Are human
Oh, you were serious, let me laugh harder

nah vegeta will come once raditz gets his ass beat, thats pretty much a given, the really bad one is gonna be when gero inevitably goes full retarded cause hes a dipshit mad scientist.
androids are coming guys, and so is cell, prepare to get fucked since nobody bothered to murder his old dumb ass.

Well at least Cell won't have Frieza DNA. The smallest of consolation prizes.

Someone just told me you fuckers are going to kill kami.

What the fuck is wrong with you all?

Neither of the two choices are particularly appealing. If you wait for Piccolo to return, there's a chance that he'll catch you off-guard, or that you won't have the strength to defeat him.

Kami's centuries old, so Piccolo almost-certainly has a longer lifespan than you. If the demon so chose, he could simply wait for you and Goku to die, then return when there's nobody around to stop him.

Kami has expressed willingness to give his life to stop Piccolo. It's fitting, in a way. Kami created Piccolo to purge the evil from his heart, yet stood back and let the demon spread evil across the planet.

Now, he offers his life as atonement, as a way to set things right.

"I'll do it," you tell Kami. "I'll take your life."

The Guardian gives a solemn nod. "Very well. But understand this; when I perish, not only will Piccolo share my fate, but the Dragonballs will fade away as well."

"What?!" Bulma asks in shock.

"Allow me a moment to say my farewells to Mr. Popo," Kami requests. "He will need to begin searching for my replacement as soon as possible."

He stares at you, rubbing his chin. "Tofoo, how would you like to take my place?"

>A. No thanks, you don't want to spend your life alone up here

>B. Alright

>C. No, someone else can do it

>D. Ask if his replacement can make new Dragonballs

>E. Something else

What would that actually get rid of? Just the death beam?

NO RAILS

CHOO CHOO

So guys, we have to go to namek so that we can get our power boost from guru

>B. Alright
HAHAHAHAH

>C. No, someone else can do it

>B. Alright

I mean, can he teach us? Can we make a wish for the ability to make dragonballs?

>>A. No thanks, you don't want to spend your life alone up here

I'm sorry Kami. But...I just can't. To give up everyone I care about and live here in solitude. I'm not strong enough for that.