/hwg/ - Historical Wargames General

The Second Agincourt Edition

Previous thread: Get in here, post games, miniatures, questions, whatever you like.

List of mini providers:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uGaaOSvSTqpwPGAvLPY3B5M2WYppDhzXdjwMpqRxo9M/edit

List of Historical Tactical, Strategic, and Military Drill treatises:
pastebin.com/BfMeGd6R

ZunTsu Gameboxes:
mediafire.com/folder/yaokao3h1o4og/ZunTsu_GameBoxes

/hwg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tghwg/

Games, Ospreys & References folders:
mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
mediafire.com/folder/81ck8x600cas4/Medieval
mediafire.com/folder/w6m41ma3co51e/Horse_and_Musket
mediafire.com/folder/vh1uqv8gipzo1/Napoleonic
mediafire.com/folder/bbpscr0dam7iy/ACW
mediafire.com/folder/bvdtt01gh105d/Victorian
mediafire.com/folder/b35x147vmc6sg/World_War_One
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War
mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern

mediafire.com/folder/8tatre3vd10yv/Avalon_Hill
mediafire.com/folder/pq6ckzqo3g6e6/Field_Of_Glory
mediafire.com/folder/r2mff8tnl8bjy/GDW
mediafire.com/folder/whmbo8ii2evqh//SPI
mediafire.com/folder/ws6yi58d2oacc/Strategy_&_Tactics_Magazine
mediafire.com/folder/lx05hfgbic6b8/Naval_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/s1am77aldi1as/Wargames

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
mediafire.com/download/vvrc5m2scwabzpo/Osprey - MAA 317 - Henry V and the Conquest of France 1416-53.pdf
mediafire.com/download/va2inkaho0aq6xs/Osprey - MAA 337 - French Armies of the Hundred Years War.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=BXB_tBgq6Rc
mediafire.com/download/zr2im4aed0eb4ba/Osprey - MAA 099 - Medieval Heraldry.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3ij1y9733gm9m5i/Heraldry Ancient and Modern.pdf
krigsspil.dk/download/download_2.html
strawpoll.me/11011440
youtube.com/watch?v=8gUSq7pxux4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Long_Tan
mediafire.com/download/hwsp20q2j0u6tbp/Osprey - ELI 103 - Australian & New Zealand Troops In Vietnam 1962-72.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=dTjvG4WJD_A
youtu.be/MF5_hvE4WEA?t=493
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3fy0AIN22c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Wargaming Compendium
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
>Saga
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
>Black Powder
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
>Bolt Action
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
>Hail Caesar
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
>Warhammer Ancient battles 2.0
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
>Warmaster Ancients
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
>Advanced Squad Leader
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
>Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
>Battleground WWII
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
>By Fire And Sword
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
>Modelling & painting guides
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
>Twilight 2000/2013 RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
>Phoenix Command RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
>Next War (GMT)
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
>Battlegroup
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
>Fleet Series
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ

Desired scans :
Black Powder supplements
Rank and File supplements
Harpoon 3 & 4 supplements
Hail Caesar! Late Antiquity to Early Medieval Army List
Force on Force supplements
Hind Commander
At Close Quarters
War and Conquest
Germany Strikes!
Bolt Action: Empire in Flames

August 17th in military history:

986 – Battle of the Gates of Trajan: The Bulgarians defeat the Byzantine forces at the Gates of Trajan, with Byzantine Emperor Basil II barely escaping.
1424 – Hundred Years' War: Battle of Verneuil: An English force under the Duke of Bedford defeats a larger French army under the Duke of Alençon.
1549 – Battle of Sampford Courtenay: The Prayer Book Rebellion is quashed in England.
1585 – Antwerp is captured by Spanish forces under the Duke of Parma, who orders Protestants to leave the city and as a result over half of the 100,000 inhabitants flee.
1717 – Austro-Turkish War of 1716–18: The month-long Siege of Belgrade ends as Austrian troops capture the city from the Ottoman Empire.
1862 – American Indian Wars: The Dakota War of 1862 begins in Minnesota as Lakota warriors attack white settlements along the Minnesota River.
1864 – American Civil War: Battle of Gainesville: Confederate forces defeat Union troops near Gainesville, Florida.
1914 – World War I: Battle of Stallupönen: The German army of General Hermann von François defeats the Russian force commanded by Paul von Rennenkampf near modern-day Nesterov, Russia.
1942 – WWII: U.S. Marines raid the Japanese-held Pacific island of Makin.
1943 – WWII: The U.S. Eighth Air Force suffers the loss of 60 bombers on the Schweinfurt–Regensburg mission.
1943 – WWII: The U.S. Seventh Army under General Patton arrives in Messina, Italy, followed several hours later by the British 8th Army under Field Marshal Montgomery, thus completing the Allied conquest of Sicily.
1943 – WWII: The Royal Air Force begins Operation Hydra, the first air raid of the strategic bombing campaign against Germany's V-weapon program.
1950 – Hill 303 massacre: American POWs are shot to death by the North Korean Army.
1962 – East German border guards kill Peter Fechter, 18, as he attempts to cross the Berlin Wall into West Berlin becoming one of the first victims of the wall.

It is 592 years since the Battle of Verneuil, a strategically important battle of the Hundred Years' War and a significant English victory over the Franco-Scottish army. It was a particularly bloody battle, described by the English as a second Agincourt. The Scots army, led by Archibald, Earl of Douglas and John Stewart, Earl of Buchan (both of whom were killed), was almost destroyed. Many French noblemen were taken prisoner; among them the Duke of Alençon, Pierre, the bastard of Alençon, and Marshal Lafayette. The Army of Scotland as a distinct unit ceased to play a significant part in the Hundred Years' War, although many Scots continued to serve in France.

The Franco-Scottish army deployed a mile north of Verneuil on an open plain astride a road. Narbonne and the French division was situated on the left of the road, supported by wings of Milanese cavalry, while Douglas and Buchan were on the right supported by a similar wing of Lombard cavalry. Aumale was given overall command; but this heterogeneous army defied all attempts at co-ordinated direction. On emerging from the forest Bedford drew up his men in two divisions to match the disposition of the enemy, with the usual distribution of men-at-arms in the centre and archers on the wings. He also took the precaution of posting a strong reserve of 2000 archers to the rear to guard the baggage, tying the horses together to prevent flight.

At about 4pm the Milanese charged through the English archers. Once Bedford had taken his troops within arrow range he ordered a halt and the archers started to drive their stakes into the ground, a simple but effective device for snaring cavalry. The ground had been baked hard by the summer sun, and the stakes could be forced in only with difficulty.

Seeing an opportunity the French began an immediate charge out of synchronisation with the Scots division. The archers on Bedford's extreme right were caught off balance, allowing the French cavalry to break through their ranks (improved, tempered steel armour worn by the Lombards may also have contributed to the effect). They continued their charge away towards the baggage train to the north, while the men-at-arms in Bedford's division began a spirited attack on the French infantry to their front. Unable to withstand the onslaught, Narbonne's division broke and was chased back to Verneuil, where many, including Aumale, were drowned in the moat. Narbonne, Ventadour, Tonnerre were all dead.

Having disposed of the French, Bedford called a halt to the pursuit and returned to the battlefield, where Salisbury was closely engaged with the Scots, now standing alone. The Lombard cavalry, anxious that their French counterparts were poised to take all the spoils, charged round the English left flank towards the baggage. By the time they arrived the French had been driven off by Bedford's reserve, soon to be followed by the Lombards. Having tasted blood the reserve decided on their own initiative to enter the main battle, charging on the unsupported Scottish right wing. The battle reached its closing stages when Bedford wheeled from the south to take the Scots on the right flank. Now almost completely surrounded, the Scots made a ferocious last stand. The English shouted "A Clarence! A Clarence!" invoking Thomas, Duke of Clarence killed at the Battle of Baugé.

Verneuil was one of the bloodiest battles of the Hundred Years' War. Altogether some 7262 allied troops were killed, including 4000 Scots. The English lost 1600 men including two men-at-arms, and "a very few archers" according to Bedford. Archibald, Earl of Douglas fought on the losing side for the last time, joined in death by the Earl of Buchan. Sir Alexander Buchanan, the man who killed Clarence at Baugé three years earlier, also died.

Bedford returned in triumph to Paris, where "he was received as if he had been God...in short, more honour was never done at a Roman triumph than was done that day to him and his wife".

This is a grand bloody clash of the High Middle Ages, with a diverse force of Western European troop types and a lot of variations in possible outcome. Definitely a good one for the medieval wargamer.

mediafire.com/download/vvrc5m2scwabzpo/Osprey - MAA 317 - Henry V and the Conquest of France 1416-53.pdf
mediafire.com/download/va2inkaho0aq6xs/Osprey - MAA 337 - French Armies of the Hundred Years War.pdf

Rules for this thread
>No shitposting
>No blatant antagonising
>No attention whoring
>No impersonating others
>Have fun
>Thin your paints

How's Hail Caesar as a game?

Thinking of grabbing some Hundred Years War and War of the Roses stuff to expand my Bretonnians, but I might as well dabble in the game itself if you recommend it.

we can only dream

Badly need empire in flames!

>Thin your paints.

It's a solid 'ok'.

Not spectacular, not terrible, rules wording is clunky because the idiots at warlord thought writing a system in 'conversational' style was a smart idea and not actually a barrier to referencing, and if you plan to play a specific era only there's probably a better non-generic system for it but that'd be more divisive since it's likely to not just be built on all the familiar mechanics that Warlord's systems are.

BMP

>Standing that close to the barrel

You're just asking to get killed at this rate

Jesus the Bocage must have been a nightmare to fight through. Especially as a Tanker, the first thing you'd know about an AT gun is when it put a hole in you.

It was hardly pleasant, but there were certainly worse places to be in WW2

Undoubtedly, the Pacific Theatre or the Eastern Front come to mind, but something about the almost claustrophobic nature of warfare in the Bocage bothers me more than wide open spaces of much of the Eastern Front (sans the massive, bloody city fights).

I remember the bowel-clenching terror of the original Close Combat, every time one's little guys poked through a hedge into the field beyond, one braced for the tearing-calico sound of the MG42.

>but there were certainly worse places to be in WW2

Toss-up between Burma and the Arctic convoys for me. The former left men crippled for life just serving there; the latter was a nightmare of ice and perpetual night. To compound the misery, both campaigns have been largely overlooked in modern WW2 history.

Or how about a Korean conscript in a Japanese construction battalion? Dragged away from home, beaten constantly, forced to do dangerous and exhausting labour on some coral dot or in some diseased jungle - then killed by the Americans as "just another Jap".

It would probably be easier to list the more pleasant jobs one could have in WW2. I knew an old cook from the RNZAF who spent the war on New Caledonia chasing WAAFs, getting a tan and eating damn well. Some guys had all the luck.

URAAAAAAAAAHHH

What's this from?

>that burned tanker
BRUTAL

That's a (colourised) period newsreel.

>>that burned tanker
>BRUTAL

Check out this footage of what remains of several tankers from the French 2nd Armoured being removed from their destroyed tank:

youtube.com/watch?v=BXB_tBgq6Rc

Jesus, reminds me of reading The Tank War and the descriptions of the kind of awful ways men died in tanks that got hit. Like when a platoon's Firefly stopped responding so another commander runs over to it, sees the commander still turned out and then realises that a shell's gone straight into the turret, decapitated the gunner and cut the commander in half just below the cupola.

>tfw when you're about to make a risky decision on one of your terrain pieces before realising you have a sub par version of it to test on

Phew, I mean im unsure if the outcome is good r bad yet but Im glad I didnt jjust do it to my good pieces

Post pics when you're done!

Will do when its daylight, Im unsure which idea looks better.

It's fine. But decide whether you want HYW or WotR, because the two are really different looking. With that said, the Perry HYW plastics are even better than the WotR ones IMHO.

Don't you have 10 pounds to spare for the pdf?

Glory Hallelujah arrived!!

Here is a BMP I took a Photo of, for you yesterday.

Initial impressions? Is it like the Zulu War supplement (kind of meh), or the Devil's Playground (more detailed army lists, points system, campaign, some IRL battles)?

Very much the latter. 10 union army lists (theatre/year) same for confederates. rules to suit the war, famous generals/units. lots of scenarios

That's an interesting pattern to apply black in. You'd think they'd-
>realise it's a shadow
...Oh.

Glad to hear, thanks, user. Eagerly awaiting the scan.

And as the community project must be closed today, here's my completed casualty marker.

We need to decide on the August-September piece. The idea that got the most attention in the last thread was for something Civilian.

Do any of you guys know places to look up coats of arms? Especially from the Low Countries and Northern France.

Animals to populate the farmlands?

As someone with severe painting ADD, it's nice to be able to field a completed unit (The first time I've done so in several years, in fact)
Soviet Scouts, Warlord Games.

Animals would be cool, but that might leave out BoatyMcBoatface anons. It's work for me though.

Looking good man! How did you get the grass to be so... tuft-y?

What period, any names in particular?

>Animals would be cool, but that might leave out BoatyMcBoatface anons.
Sharks!

Technikmuseum Sinsheim?

The word you want is "heraldry", user; trying googling around that with different placenames or areas attached and see what comes up. I can offer you these:

mediafire.com/download/zr2im4aed0eb4ba/Osprey - MAA 099 - Medieval Heraldry.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3ij1y9733gm9m5i/Heraldry Ancient and Modern.pdf

I was thinking perhaps some kind of camp follower, or in the case of "BoatyMcBoatface anons" or similar, some kind of civilian vessel.

Killer Whales.

I am looking for a general registry for the 1400-1500. I am basing my Perry troops on the Hook and Cod wars in the Netherlands, and I need some coats of arms for minor knights. I have most of the Major noble families on the Hook side allready down, but I am looking for some nice heraldry to use with some minor knights

All he'll have to do is make the USS Indianapolis, the sharks will bring themselves after that.

>How did you get the grass to be so... tuft-y?
By using tufts, of course. I'm tempted to add some more loose grass on the bases, but I'm not sure on it just yet.

They look awesome. Since i got the blister with these just yesterday i'm highly motivated now to paint them first from all the stuff i got.

>How did you get the grass to be so... tuft-y?

Not him obviously, but he used probably premade grastufts from army painter or a different brand.

>mfw

>Rules for this thread
>No shitposting
Way to break your own rules homeslice.

Look up Wapenboek Beyeren (Heraldry book Bayern). A book written by a herald for the Counts of Holland by a herald, a lot of coats of arms in there.

A bit late but krigsspil.dk/download/download_2.html might provide some ideas.

Noice.

Premade tufts are a thing? I've been away from this hobby for too long...

STRAWPOLL @ strawpoll.me/11011440

They weren't like 15 years ago when i first dabbled into Warhammer stuff, but after i returned to miniature painting like 3 years ago they were everywhere. There are even tufts with little flowers in it. That stuff looks amazing.

Yeah, I was thinking of just the WotR Light Cavalry to be a unit of Yeoman, and the English and French infantry/army boxes to be Archers and Men at Arms respectively.

The WotR archers don't look too different from the HYW archers, so maybe them too.

Check out Fireforge Games and their mounted Sergeant box too. These are amazing miniatures and even a bit cheaper than Perrys.

>command unit
I hope that doesn't win, it's not interesting at all. If you play a game with a command unit you generally already have that planned to paint, and I'm not going to go out of my way to buy another command unit to paint, whereas I would with civilians or animals.

It's so mundane.

I voted command unit because i only play 3mm and theres no animals or civilians for that

Oh wow, thanks! Those Teutonic Knights could pass as Bretonnian cavalry too, same with the Men at Arms, who look near exactly like Brets. I'm not sure about the lack of bows on the mounted sergeants though.

Grab a box of Perry HYW English army, give the melee arms to the infantry, thus you'll get some peasant-like units (check 3rd ed! Villeins and Brigands are the fucking shit, you could field tons of different stuffs back then, even handgunners!), give bow arms to mounted figures, tho then again, period will be really mishmashed. If you don't mind, I won't either, but I'd rather wait for the suitable boxes to come out for HYW and do Brets with those.

August 18th will mark the 50th anniversary of the Battle of Long Tan. Fought in a rubber plantation in Phuoc Tuy Province, South Vietnam, between Viet Cong and North Vietnamese units; and elements of the 1st Australian Task Force (1 ATF) shortly after its lodgement in Phuoc Tuy. 1 ATF began arriving between April and June 1966, constructing a base at Nui Dat which was located astride a major communist transit and resupply route and was close to a Viet Cong base area. After two months it had moved beyond the initial requirements of establishing itself and securing its immediate approaches, beginning operations to open the province. Meanwhile, in response to the threat posed by 1 ATF a force of between 1,500 and 2,500 men from the Viet Cong 275th Regiment, possibly reinforced by at least one North Vietnamese battalion, and D445 Provincial Mobile Battalion, was ordered to move against Nui Dat.

For several weeks Australian signals intelligence (SIGINT) had tracked a radio transmitter from the headquarters of the 275th Regiment moving westwards to a position just north of Long Tan; however, extensive patrolling failed to find the unit. By 16 August the communist force was prepositioned east of the Long Tan rubber plantation, just outside the range of the artillery at Nui Dat. On the night of 16/17 August, Viet Cong mortars, recoilless rifles (RCLs) and artillery heavily bombarded Nui Dat from a position 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) to the east, damaging the base and wounding 24 men, one of whom later died. The Viet Cong positions were then engaged by counter-battery fire and the mortaring ceased. The following morning B Company, 6th Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment (6 RAR) departed Nui Dat to locate the firing points and the direction of the Viet Cong withdrawal. A number of weapon pits were subsequently found, as were the positions of the mortars and RCLs.

They come with crossbows though and they are great for kitbashing

D Company took over the pursuit around midday on 18 August. After clashing with a Viet Cong squad in the afternoon and forcing them to withdraw, the Australians were engaged by small-arms and rocket-propelled grenade fire from a flank. Numbering only 108 men, D Company was facing a much larger force. Pinned down, they called for artillery as a monsoon rain began, reducing visibility. Heavy fighting ensued as the advancing battalions of the Viet Cong 275th Regiment attempted to encircle and destroy the Australians. After several hours D Company was nearly out of ammunition, when two UH-1B Iroquois from No. 9 Squadron RAAF arrived overhead to resupply them. Heavily outnumbered but supported by strong artillery fire, D Company held off a regimental assault before a relief force of cavalry and infantry from Nui Dat fought their way through as darkness fell and forced the Viet Cong to withdraw just as they appeared to be preparing for a final assault. Withdrawing to establish a landing zone to evacuate their casualties, the Australians formed a defensive position overnight.

Returning in strength the next day, the Australians swept the area and located a large number of Viet Cong dead. Although initially believing they had suffered a major defeat, as the scale of the Viet Cong's losses were revealed the Australians realised they had actually won a significant victory. Over the next two days they continued to clear the battlefield, uncovering more dead as they did so. Yet with 1 ATF lacking the resources to pursue the withdrawing force, the operation ended on 21 August.

Eighteen Australians were killed and 24 wounded, while the Viet Cong lost at least 245 dead. A decisive Australian victory, Long Tan proved a major local setback for the Viet Cong, indefinitely forestalling an imminent movement against Nui Dat. Although there were other large-scale encounters in later years, 1 ATF was not fundamentally challenged again. The battle established the task force's dominance over the province, and allowed it to pursue operations to restore government authority.

Long Tan is a legendary clash in Aussie military lore. Kiwis can take pride in the presence of Morrie Stanley, a f/o from the RNZA whose accurate plotting played a crucial part in the victory. It's a quintessential kind of Vietnam clash - a frantic stand in the rainsoaked night against a determined onslaught, ending with cavalry both tracked and heliborne coming to save the day. Absolutely perfect subject for a Vietnam wargame.

youtube.com/watch?v=8gUSq7pxux4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Long_Tan
mediafire.com/download/hwsp20q2j0u6tbp/Osprey - ELI 103 - Australian & New Zealand Troops In Vietnam 1962-72.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=dTjvG4WJD_A

youtu.be/MF5_hvE4WEA?t=493

> Khe San
> Not I Was Only 19
So close user, so close.

Is it just me or are Australians one of those nations that always seems to punch above their weight in wars? Maybe not quite Finn-tier, but definitely better than you'd expect from a relatively minor nation.

That documentary is nice

When half your continent wants to kill you, and the other half wants to eat you, you get a bit tougher than the rest.

I'm a Cold Chisel man for life, fair dinkum digger.

Nah yeah righto mate, I'm partial to I Was Only 19 because it feels a bit more distinctly 'strayan you know, rather than just a general Vietnam War song like Khe San.

A retired Aussie SAS/PMC bloke I'm acquainted with had a job shooting hogs before he signed up. That's the kind of employment that prepares you for Vietnam.

Add that together with the American 'manifest destiny' and general Commonwealth culture of 'can do', and you've got yourself a pretty good pool of talent.

Just not against Emus.

Emus don't take shit from nobody m8.

Seems like I'd be easier to just grab the RotR light cav, since they already come with bows and such, that way I can keep the infantry bows to make more Peasant archers.

Yeah, I'm pretty big into kitbashing at the moment, it's one of the reasons I like the idea so much of grabbing some historical minis.

Hey guys, looking into 3mm ww2, any other online shop I should check other than Fighting 15s?

I'm European, USA stores are fine but I'd rather buy from "closer" sellers

picoarmor, it has really reasonable international shipping and theres no better line that odzial osmy

IIRC Oddzyal Osmy does 3mm stuff too in Poland. Not sure if Fighting 15s sell their stuff, if yes, then sadly I don't know about any other.

Yeah, Fighting 15s sells Oddzyal Osmy, I guess I'll just stick to it then.
Thanks anyways guys, it was worth checking out

really its an amazing range. What ruleset you looking at?

Fistful of TOWs, I want to build two small forces to demo it to friends and hopefully get them into historicals.

I'll need to invest into terrain though, I want my table to be majestic

buy brigademodels 2mm buildings, it works wonders with 3mm. I use it for my ASL project

That's gold, thanks man!

I've seen tutorials on how to make your own too. Basically static grass and a blob of glue obviously but if you have more time than money could be worth it

You need a static glass applicator but basicaly that's it. It's not that expensive from eBay.

Command unit is winning the strawpoll by one vote...

strawpoll.me/11011440

I think we should let this poll open for at least 24 hours

Team Civilians!

Any ideas how to salvage this? It's meant to be plane tree camo. I used Calvin Tan's book on modelling Waffen SS as a guide but it didn't translate well to 28mm and now it looks like complete shit.

Looks ok to me, maybe add a few splodges of dark brown or some similar colour?

>salvage

Drop the mini into aceton. Its metal.

Or you check this video:
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3fy0AIN22c

You could try and rework the camo into oak tree maybe. Or add little dots to make it look like pea dot from afar.

I switched some of the colours around and tried to turn it into pea dot, think I may have saved it.

front view

Looks quite good now.

You deserve punishment for buying that overpriced citadel side cutter though.. What the fuck were you thinking there user?

>What the fuck were you thinking there user?

I regretted it the second I bought it desu, just like when I bought a 1200pt High Elf army a few weeks before AoS came out. That's when I rage quit GW and switched to my true passion, historicals.

There are lots of good fantasy games too tho...but ah well, it's not like I traded a whole bunch of Warhamster minis for historicals already without even a pinch of regret. Still, my current fantasy armies won't go away, I've put far too much energy and time into them already.

About the only option on the poll I'm not prepared for in terms of projects are animals. If it came to that, I guess I could try making a mountain fish or an icthyosaur to go with the modified Wickes Class destroyers and Amagi model I was going to do at some point anyway as a Destroyermen collection.

Well, my animal entry would be command-related because the only suitable one is a small dog I got for a Gallic command base with a slightly less comical Asterix and Obelix.

Its not that the cutter is bad per se just ridiculously over priced. A good clipper is pretty important to plastic minis IMHO.

Also, buy a hard wire cutter and never, ever use your sprue cutter on anything but plastics.

Playing around designing some custom M&T activation cards using other people's artwork. Would be like $22+P&P to make.

Command Units still winning the vote.

that's pretty expensive mate, especially when the rulebook comes with cards.

BMP

There are lots of tutorials for making your own applicator for cheap too

Last night a guy on /b/ who's planning on ODing on heroin agreed to buy and scan a copy of Jason Mark's book "Island of Fire" before he does so. I'm not sure if he's going to post it here or make a thread in /b/ (which will probably fall off page 10 within 15 minutes). Anyways, though you might appreciate

wait what