Name a better tabletop game for the price

Name a better tabletop game for the price.

I miss my old fleet.

I've seen this before, but the name escapes me.

Maybe Battletech but I don't know

I thought this concept was cool as fucking balls and I hope to dear god they are still in business and goin strong.

Just to be clear, I was asking for the name.

Pirates of the Cursed Seas...
Or Pirates of the whatever wyatever , name changed every set..

As for OP, you got a point for budget gaming, this is top tier....to bad WizKids can't handle a game pass like three years.

Pirates Constructable Strategy Game was the official name, but it was also called Pirates of the Spanish Main because that was the first set.

They stopped making it (you can still buy some packs for an okay price) years ago. They made a computer game version (that takes most of the fun out of it though), and they had plans to revive as a purely card game (which again, takes away the fun of the actual miniatures).

It won some awards and shit, but they cancled it anyway. Maybe they didn't do enough marketing, because it's a great game for kids and people who like miniatures strategy games but don't won't to spend much.

Uuuuugh that suuuuucks

I hope it gets a second coming because I know I'd gobble that shit up in a second had I the resources to put more games in my life.

With less breakable boats, please.

I'd love to see it come back and expanded upon. Maybe add a more fleshed out ship class system, have faction specific ships and bonuses, etc.

Also, most people will probably disagree with me on this, but I felt like there was TOO much variety in the design of the ships' skins. For example, I feel like half of the English ships (including most of the two-deckers/ships-of-the-line) should have the Nelson Chequer. Then navies like the American navy might have more unique pattern since they relied on privateers and volunteers to provide the bulk of their sloops and brigs and whatnot.

Yeah, they were pretty strong for card cut-outs...but they were still card cut-outs.

I have a ten pound box of unopened Pirates stuff sitting in my basement. Not sure what to do with it

I'm really fucking tempted to make you an offer, but I know I probably shouldn't. I've got too much junk as it is and finding someone who has their fleet and would play would be like finding a needle in a haystack. I guess I could divide up the fleet for multiple players. Don't think many people want to go out and by their own now that it's not dirt cheap anymore.

Personally a pretty big fan of Wrath of Kings for skirmish level wargaming.

$30 to $40 box gets you enough minis to play a pretty large game.

Fairie meat is also dirt cheap, you just need the books, copy and print the models and stick them on pennies.

no need to make terrain, because it's 1 to 1 scale.

I liled it alot. I with my friends/lgs got into it more

Related to op though, there was (not sure if it still exists) a company called cheapass games that sold boardgames with simple rules and a board, for a few dolars, and had you supply the tokens/dice. Some of them were pretty fun, but they were literally all hit or misses

*i wish

if you don't want it, how much would you want for it?(in California if you need to figure out shipping)

bump

The tiny dice it came with though!

I still have my ships. I really liked them too, specially the galleys.