Bitcoin bubble

I'm an index fund investor who bought some BTC some months ago. I've been selling part of it as it grew to add to my index funds (that is called rebalancing, but you already knew that).

How many of you are not converting to fiat part of your gains? How many of you have no stop-loss orders? How low should bitcoin go for you to kill yourselves?

Bubble general, I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

thebubblebubble.com/
discord.gg/Ng2suYu
poloniex.com/support/stopLimitOrders/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Most people on biz like to trade with a suicide stop loss, the idea being that each time you die your consciousness will shift to another timeline where btc kept rising. Repeat until you make it.

Is there a timeline where bitcoing keeps rising ad infinitum? What kind of timeline is that?

>How low should bitcoin go for you to kill yourselves?
I want Bitcoin to go down. It's messing with my alts.

completely possible timeline where there will be constant 20% corrections every week but 80% overall rise every week

in this timeline the poor are selling and the rich are buying until every bitcoin is owned by the wealthy

we might be in this timeline

People just want to get millionaires without any effort

It's the motto in this board

This was covered in the quantum suicide general months ago, it sort of kicked off this whole bull run. Basically if you QS to increase your btc stack, the price stays stable and you eventually become Satoshi Nakamoto. If you QS to increase the value of your current btc stack, there’s really no limit. First you hit a timeline where btc has displaced the entire market cap of the world, then eventually you hit the timeline where btc is a galactic currency and earth is part of a galactic federation.

>implying im not timing the market
>implying im not trading on 15minute candles
>implying im not using bch as a hedge
>implying I need a stoploss

cmon now boomer...its like youre not even trying.

>It's messing with my alts.
Why do people keep trying to lose this bad?

>but 80% overall rise every week
Do you know about the conservation theorem? In a zero sum game, gains must be offset by losses. The reason I've been able to cash out during these months is because fiat money has been pouring in. Someone's gain is some other sucker's loss.

A part of me wants me this ride to continue for another year or two, but another one wishes this crypto to crash so we can have a business and investing board back after all the crypto losses sudokus.

The Big Bang Theory had a bitcoin episode not so long ago. All my normie friends (that didn't give a fuck about investing when I told them about index funds) have already asked me about BTC.

All it takes is to reach the saturation point where all the people who would buy BTC at some point had already done. Then it stagnates, people disappointed with its lackluster ROI and retarded volatility start to cash out and we go down hard.

Are you memers ready for that ride? I know I am. I have already cashed out more than my initial investment.

True.

The memeing has gone too far. You're memeing yourself into destruction. Is like November 2016 all over again.

>I can see the future
The quality of this board will skyrocket as crypto crashes, thanks to suicides of people like you who mistake their luck for wits.

Good luck. You are going to need it.

For Anything sub 10 grand? Fuck no.
For Anything above the 100 grand benchmark? Yes.

>Most people on biz like to trade with a suicide stop loss, the idea being that each time you die your consciousness will shift to another timeline where btc kept rising. Repeat until you make it.

dude.... stop trying to make bizbros kys.

think you're doing the right thing, smells like a classic bubble

>Why do people keep trying to lose this bad?
so, your advice is to abandon alts as well? b-but i just got in.

I am being serious here: please, explain what is the appeal of shitcoins. Bitcoin had a stupid ROI since forever. Why? Why, why, why in the name of peace would you put money into pump and dump schemes?

Bitcoin won't be replaced by anything new, since bitcoin was the pioneer. You can't be pioneer twice. I just don't get it.

Get the fuck out, user. Save yourself.

I start showing a loss when it gets down to about $700.

>Being this dumb.
I'm sure your brokerage account is all in the oldest stock on the market, too, right?

>Shitting on people that don't trade shitcoins.
Thanks for the chuckle, lad.

you dont get it do you?
cryptocurrency isn't fucking stocks
fiat is useless and worthless. it's a debt system waiting to crash.

anyone with half a brain knows where bitcoin is going.

let me tell you, Mccaffee isn't going to be eating his own dick on camera.

The current time line.

That's why I have no stop loss, and I'm not rebalancing. Holding BTC till 1 mil then cashing out and becoming a dividend king. Live off the 30k I make in dividends, be retired neet forever.

That's all I want. I just want to be neet without relying on the government for neetbux

I was shitting on you for making up a retarded justification for your actions, but go ahead and ignore all your previous posts.

Of course not. He lacks the balls to do that.

>fiat is useless and worthless. it's a debt system waiting to crash.
>"New paradigm"
I'm talking to dead men in here.

thebubblebubble.com/
People keep talking about the disrupting effect of crypto to justify it's not a bubble, but a disruptive technology is a common ingredient in many bubbles (the dot-com bubble, the railroad mania, etc).

Hats off to the early adopters. Still, I hope you have converted to cash at least some of it.

Why 1 mil? Why that threshold?

If you want a non meme answer meme post. Explain why I am wrong, "new paradigm" kid.

Actually 999k

Because big psychological numbers like that tend to form resistance. Normies like to put their sell orders at nice round numbers. That's why previous crashes on gdax have gone from exactly 3k to 1.7k, 5k to 3k, 8.5k to 5k.

ok lol, confirmed for not knowing anything about crypto.

Do you really believe there is that much room for a price increase?

>lol
If you can't articulate a defense for your view, maybe it's not worth defending.

Bought around 1000$CND selling at 2250$CND
Small fish profits but still profits

>say retarded shit
>expect proper response
google blockchain

I'm taking my principle out today. So, nothing to lose. I still think there is more to gain, and I'll be sad as it keeps mooning with all the normie money coming - but I want to be smart. I had the balls to get in at all, and did pretty well, so..

You really want me to explain to you why somebody would want to buy more than one example from an asset class? Do you have downs syndrome?

Death by monoxide carbon poisoning is pretty painless. Remember this when you catch the mother of all knives with your numb skull.

Diversification is supposed to reduce risk. Why would anyone buy shitcoins then? It makes sense to buy other things, but not shitcoins, unless gambling is illegal in your state.

>Hats off to the early adopters. Still, I hope you have converted to cash at least some of it.
I bought it and forgot about it until I saw a headline that it was up to 10k.
Now I'm just playing with the dips and peaks just to get a sense of what's going on.

This one.

discord.gg/Ng2suYu

you can thank me later

Pls let it be true. I can’t take this office drone wageslave shit much longer...

Not caring anymore, crypto = life. I will go down with the ship, I don't have a lot invested anyway and I'm going to college anyway regardless. I know what I want and crypto has taught me tons of lessons about money that I wouldn't get anywhere else. So i'm quite satisfied, w/e happens.

>implying i've put more money into this than i can afford to lose
do you seriopusly think bitcoin is the ultimate application of blockchain? that's like saying cars can't get better than Ford Model T.

sorry, I cant hear you all the way at the moon over the sound of my labo that I'm currently reffing the shit out of.

and fuck spelling. too rich to give a shit.

Some of those people made money and took profits though, I mean the people saying "it's finished" are morons, but the people in that who took profits aren't. No one has a crystal ball, they made a bunch of money and walked away. That's a win.

Teach me please. Just a regular joe here.

How does a stop-loss order work? If I want to protect myself, and sell if it starts diving, how to set an order up?

If I just put in a sell order @ $16k for example, how do I keep it from triggering on the way up?

Do I have to just set an order for a # less than current value?

You set a stop loss for an amount lower than it is now. So it can only trigger once.

Just a word of warning, not saying you shouldn't set a stop loss, but remember if there is no buyer it can get sold for a lot less. If shit really crashes, stop losses is just one level of protection.

You also get fucked with them sometimes on really volatile stuff because a brief dip triggers it and then it pops right back up. Your left in the dust.

Read about how proof of work works.
All possible timelines means timelines that are POSSIBLE. There are not timelines in which 2+2=5, in the mathematical meaning and not just simple syntactic substitution of symbols.

There are 657000 bitcoins created annually until the next halving in summer 2020. Multiply that by your price target. That's the annual spending (most of it for raw energy) needed to support your price.

The way I see it, there's room for damn near everything in a portfolio. People who dump all their money into one thing are dumb...but what's wrong with indexing, holding some crypto, keeping some cash, gold, and a little action on Robinhood?

That's the spirit of Bogle to me - have you fingers in all the pies, because you never know which ones will do well.

Never know which will do bad either, diversification is good, but at some point you have to make a bet.

Oh I agree, which is why allocation is so important. I can't imagine anyone (except biztards) would actually recommend putting such a large percentage of your portfolio on something risky/volatile like crypto. The speculative gambling is a thrill, but I definitely don't have the balls to plow my life savings into it haha

so how to set it up to protect against a brief dip?

Is there a different name for this task?

Set the stop loss even lower. How do you pretend it to tell apart a brief dip from something else?

It's not a win, it's a cope. And I've been telling people to buy and hold for years, im the tripfag on these pictures.

>I'm the tripfag.
>I screenshot my own posts.
>For years.
>years
I bet I'll stop seeing your faggot trip in less than a decade.

so is this what a stop-limit is?
poloniex.com/support/stopLimitOrders/

So lets say the price rises to $17k. I want to trigger a sale if it starts nose diving, maybe $16k?

So I would set a stop price @ $15.5k and a limit price @ $16k?

I dunno...how to protect from the swinging and bouncing price?

So what's your stop price? I've got 22BTC i've been holding since $2000 purchase.

The many moons hypothesis.

You mean you wil kill yourself in regret in less than a decade?

"I know nothing about bubbles", the post.

>muh bubble

You said less than a decade, and I will still be here, rich(er), posting your caps. Say cheese for the picture.