Here's a fun idea: How would you use your character's abilities to make money in the real world...

Here's a fun idea: How would you use your character's abilities to make money in the real world? Obviously wizards would be way better off, but that doesn't mean martials can't try too.

>Your character
>Immediately assumes everyone is playing fantasy and more specifically D&D games
I want D&Dfags to leave.

Love how Gandalf there was rude enough to not even close the cabinet doors when hunting for beer and chips.

I was going to answer this question, but I'm the GM now. I could literally just say that I had more money all along.

Sorry I hurt you, friend. What does your game have instead of characters? Fundamental forces? Mathematical concepts? I'm intrigued.

"Martial" vs "caster" is pretty much terminology exclusive to D&D, friend. To answer the question, my RT character would do pretty much exactly what he does to make money in-game, just at a much smaller scale: Buy low, sell high, create supply stations and markets where none existed before, violently suppress the occasional exploited-native rebellion.
Turns out that the skills scifi and modern setting characters use to make money are fairly easy to transfer to the real world.

How the fuck do people get so triggered by even the implication of using D&D?! I see this shit in every thread and it doesn't contribute to discussion, it just alienates D&D players and creates a false sense of elitism for the wholeboard.

Snobs pls leave.

>it just alienates D&D players
Good. Get the fuck out and stop shitting up the board with your shitty game.

They say that the height of science fiction is to make the fantastic and advanced seem mundane and accessible; that by taking the audience's focus off of the science, and using the nature of the alien setting to enable new and exciting stories. It seems you're achieving this fantastically.

Most martials could run being a bodyguard or cat burglar easily enough. There's also always the option of joining a modern mercenary or special forces group. I imagine even with their lack of book smarts they're still educated enough to get by.

There's also always boxing, MMA and bumfights.

Stop shitting up our board with your shitty attitude. If there was a perfect RPG we'd all be playing it.

Stop replying to the shitposter.

Monks: join a dance group, get a job as a stuntsperson

Barbarian: become an overenthusiastic pest [s]slayer[/s] controller, competitive weightlifter

Paladin: televangelist

Cleric: private doctor, charity organiser

Rogue: do fucking anything, you're the Rogue

Bard: politician or gold digger

Warlock: yeah, you're fucking useless, go apply for the dole

Fighter: become a martial artist or a bouncer

Wizards: well, anything really, from stage performances to handyman work to caretakers to librarians...

Sorcerers: see above, minus the librarian part because INT is a dump stat

Druid: sell drugs at festivals

>Playing a deathwatch marine

Sign me up to hunt mexicans Mr. Trump.

Ranger: hunt animals or become a serial killer

Oh this made me think! I'm going to be playing a smooth talking con man and I'd like to hear some scams and cons. What have you dudes pulled off before?

With a decent enough bluff you could easily be a snake oil salesman or if you want a more interesting scam you can try getting yourself written into wills

Yeah! What's it called? Insinuating? That would work really well alongside a normal campaign because it would be mostly down time and there would be a lot of cool loose ends to play with. Good suggestion!

>Playing Only War Campaign

I thought the point of this game was to teach you we're nothing special, the world only has misery, and you're going to die painful miserable deaths. Likely soon and in that order

Sounds like your character is adequately prepared for the real world.

Well, in Age of Rebellion, one of my current characters is a smuggler-turned-Rebel-pilot-and-squad-leader so... I don't know, begin a business transporting sensitive or illegal goods by plane with his squad members becoming security. Another one is a Chandrilan doctor who joined the Rebellion as a medic, so back to being a doctor (though more war-scarred after losing her brother to the Imperial blockade and bombing of their planet and her experiences in the war).

I hope they've got a good VA wherever my poor sod gets sent, as he's got PTSD like no other (barrels man, they all have Kammandos in 'em)

The same way they make money in their fantasy world: hit people over the head and take their stuff.

>orc barbarian with a retarded STR score
Move to Singapore or Azerbaijan, win a shitton of olympic gold medals in weightlifting without breaking a sweat, retire

Or I guess I could just become some kind of "strongest man in the world" meme celebrity without even having to do anything but give interviews and lift trucks from time to time

Being a bodyguard or a mercenary is too involving, I still want that sweet NEET life