Writing studio

Hello, fa/tg/uys, I'm back again, with another writing studio! For the next three hours, throw suggestions at me, I'll curate the ones I like, and I'll write something for you!

I do:

1) Item descriptions for games
2) Character synopses and seeds
3) Poems and haikus
4) Campaign ideas
5) Anything else that I like

Oh, and the ancient-but-still-extant Veeky Forums writefag channel remains #writescribbles on rizon, no password needed.

My bad, I forgot to post it in the OP. I haven't done one of these in a while.

If anyone needs help writing or cleaning up dialogue I've always been really good at it.

I'm not Someone else, by the way, I'm someone else. I'm someone who tries to avoid turning my life into an Abbott and Costello routine.

Wow, no takers tonight, really? I'm stunned. I guess I can post a starter from an old thread.

Sling-Crab 3: Return of the Lobster’s Revenge

Oh, it all started innocently enough. The bar was packed, as always, with the usual smattering of drunken, coughing fools – mining towns are always good for pubs – when…THEY walked in.

The doors parted so fast they knocked over a coatrack. The few uninebriated customers jumped or spun around. In they sauntered, seven of them. Crab-men, the scourge of the underground caverns. The mining men bristled, several reaching for weapons, before the bouncer caught their eyes. The miners glowered, but lowered their weapons…save one.

One odorous dwarf tottered forward, waving a tankard at the crab-med. Their leader came to a halt, staring at the dwarf with bobbing black eyestalks. “Brrllrblrbl?”

“Ah, bludd on ye cracks,” the dwarf managed, swaying a bit on his feet. “My corrar’s gar mare mnan on it than yer whole legs.”

“Blrerrbl,” the leader shot back, visibly loosening the sling on its back. “Barllslrllbrlbrlblrbl sklooob.”

The dwarf shot upright, then wobbled a bit. “Ye say tharar a again, well flish?”

The crab-man inched closer to the dwarf, until it had to look up to see the dwarf at all. The whole bar seemed to lean forward to hear its next words.

“Skloooooooooooob.”

The dwarf blinked slowly, then made a noise that sounded a bit like “Never!” through about half a gallon of rum, and picked the crab-man high over his head. The others leapt forward, whipping out their corded weapons, as the sloshed boozehound hefted their leader through the window, out on to the gravel beyond. The dwarf himself followed several seconds later, roaring in anger. The crab-man leader, understandably dazed, struggled to his feet, just in time to be full-checked by the barreling dwarf. “Ye’hll naver take her from me, yeh pointy scallop-riding son of a slut!” he roared.

The other six crab-men came boiling out the door, followed at length by the bar patrons, several of whom were already reaching into their pockets for pay stubs, change, pieces of candy, and tobacco. The crabs seemed to forget all about their slings, opening their fearsome pincers. “brbrlblrblr sklaer blrbl-“ the lead crab started to say.

“Ah’ll be ridin’ a loose pile of carapace before I’m drunk enough to take that from ye, fish!” the dwarf interrupted, hauling off and punching the crab-man square between the eye-stalks. The crab-man dropped like a sack of bricks, and the other crabs stopped their charge just as fast. Half the bar patrons groaned, the other half smirked and collected their winnings. The Dwarf straightened up and glared at the other crab-men, until their resolve seemed to erode and they slunk off with their leader carried between them.

Wow, I'm shocked. I used to get days' worth of replies in these.

The day of the Writefags is done. New/tg/ doesn't care anymore for OC and storytime.

I'd hate to believe that. I find it hard to accept that they all fled to /qst/ and anonkun/live.fiction.

could you write a description of PCs meeting a usurper to a throne?

The usurper is smaller red dragon, about 15 feet tall standing. He killed the king and stole the crown. The PCs were only informed that there was a usurper, and not anything else. The usurper's only motivation is greed for power.

Sure; ironically enough it's the one thing I have time to write before I pull the plug to go to bed. IS this narrative, script-style, what?

narrative, please

Sure, I can do that.

Can you do the description of a particuliar bow named Entwulf ? It is quite the bow, blue, black and you need high strenght to shoot it.

Also it's my first time in your thread, so I'm kinda curious about how I should formulate my proposition.

That's the exact sort of format I want. Sadly, I don't think I'll have time to do it now. Hang on to it.

Thanks ! I'll hang on it, take your time.

I watched as the commotion outside my throne room grew. I didn’t even bother hiding my distaste. The construction was bad enough, and now this?

“Oh, whatever is happening out there?” I asked the room.

“Visitors, my liege,” a guard piped up from the door. “They are unexpected, but they met with your predecessor in the past.”

“Hmph. What do they want?” I grumbled.

“An audience, my liege,” the guard said. The door shuddered, but did not budge.

I rolled my eyes again, but I had an image to maintain. “Oh, fine, let them in.”

The guard nodded and pushed the door outwards into the hall. “His Majesty will see you now,” he announced.

I shifted myself up into a sitting position on the dais, which was quite tricky given how small it is. Why that old bag of bones King had wanted such a tiny throne, I have no idea. The visitors all but tumbled in, clattering about in their armor and weaponry. I frowned. Why had the old King let them come into his presence bearing arms? That would have to change. I spoke up. “Visitors to my home, I ask that in the future, you do not come before me bearing blades,” I said straightaway.

Their leader stared in shock. Silence fell over the room. I raised a scaled brow. “Er, you did hear me, did you not, travelers?”

“You… what?” another spoke up. “You’re… where’s the king?”

“I stand before you, petty travelers!” I said sternly. Who were these people. “Name yourselves!”

They milled about for a moment before mumbling names. “I, uh… we were told there had been a change of leadership lately,” the leader finally said. “It, uh… seems accurate. I think.”

“I should certainly think for the better,” I sniffed, rolling the four-gallon golden cup of wine in my hand a bit. Well, for the tasteful, at least.

ITEM: Entwulf
CLASS: Weapon
TYPE: Ranged (parabolic)
DESCRIPTION: The Entwulf is a mauler’s bow, designed specifically to punch through light targets, and it has the draw to match. This heavy bow is built to nock ammunition more complex than simple missiles, such as barbs, toxin darts, and other kinds of arrow payloads, which it can manage thanks to its projection power; the payloads are often laced into the arrowheads rather than wrapped around the haft.
CAMOUFLAGE: Night (blue/black)
Hope that's what you wanted.

>Hope that's what you wanted.
thank you

I like your writing style !
Thanks for the bow description, it's awesome !

Shame that there is not more people to give you more writing ideas.

Thanks.

I'm off to bed. I'll do another thread someday.

Good night OP.