Sup magic fags, new player here. they have some guys who get together and play every week at my work...

sup magic fags, new player here. they have some guys who get together and play every week at my work, and i wana show up and wreck their shit.

rate my deck? lemme know what i can change or add.

x13 Swamp
x13 Forest
x4 Tree of Perdition
x4 Triskaidekaphobia
x4 Behold the Beyond
x4 Bloodbriar
x2 Gnarlwood Dryad
x2 Moldgraf Scavenger
x2 Dead Weight
x2 Loam Dryad
x2 Tooth Collector
x2 Wild-Field Scarecrow
x2 Vessel of Nascency
x2 Groundskeeper
x2 Primal Druid

>new player here
>i wana show up and wreck their shit.
Not gonna happen famalam, especially with that shite deck.

this guy started playing at my LGS that has a very similar deck to yours lol
I would probably try choosing a diff win condition than tree of perdition because you're just not gonna get it every time
Dual lands wouldn't hurt you either

Also, wild-field scarecrow, get that garbage outta here

>wreck their shit
no, but hot damn with a deck like that you're gonna have ___fun___

Even if we tuned your deck, you still will get wrecked by more experienced people. Keep playing and learning and have fun on the way while you still can hold onto those sweet newbie days.

Quick tip though, Behold from Beyond is going to be a dead card in your hand until you have 7 mana, which is alot. With 4 of them, you are likely to have a card rotting in your hand most games. Consider lowering the number or ditching them altogether.

What format is that supposed to be for?

Looks fun.

Personally, I like running 24 lands rather than 26. You should also consider getting some dual lands, like Foul Orchard and Llanowar Wastes.

Good, old fashioned Kitchen-Table Casual. The way Magic was meant to be played.

>Good, old fashioned Kitchen-Table Casual. The way Magic was meant to be played.
To each his own. I nearly quit on mtg because of years of kitchen table (hadn't tried competitive). Fortunately I caught on to competitive about 15 years ago.

Regardless of the original intent, there's no wrong way if you're enjoying it.

>Fortunately I caught on to competitive about 15 years ago
>15 years ago
Dude, seriously?

What was Odyssey Block Standard like?

Not him, but amazing. Psychatog, MBC, Astral Slide...

What was the best Standard ever?
What was the best Modern ever?

>Tree of Perdition
>Triskaidekaphobia

I know what you're trying to do and i'm going to tell you to forget the Triskadekaphobia plan.

What you REALLY wanted to do is to Turn to Frog after activating Tree of Perdition so it becomes a 1/1 and then it leaves your opponent on 1 life.

>Turn to Frog
>loses all abilities
Retard.

Do you know how the stack works user?

If I were you I would go for a slightly less convoluted tech type.

Triskaidekaphobia is a neat little card, but it needs so much work to be any good.

Have you considered burn? Burn is cheap, easy to pilot for a new player and really competitive, especially for the cost.

What do you think this is, Hearthstone where you can just walk in with Zoolock and clean anything that isn't Control Warrior?

If you want that play BG Delirium or Bant Company. If you wanna play the deck a little longer play the former since the latter is not gonna be a thing in like two months.

Cont'd
Or even better, scout what they play and return to us and figure out the best deck against their meta.

God OP I miss those faggy new player days. Spending 60 bucks back then on a casual kitchen table deck was a big deal. Now I spend at least 700 on a deck or it isn't fun. Bless your heart OP

Looks like someone is bad at Magic! Here let me help you out despite the fact you look like a retard!

First thing you do is you activate Tree of Perdition.

Tree of Perdition ability is on the stack. In response to this ability you cast Turn to Frog targetting the Tree of Perdition.

Currently the Stack is:
TOP OF STACK(Most recently cast spells enter here)
TURN TO FROG
TREE OF PERDITION ACTIVATED ABILITY(at the bottom of the stack)
BOTTOM OF STACK

What will happen when nobody wishes to activate any abilities or play any more spells is that the stack will resolve from Top to Bottom. That's when Turn to Frog resolves first which makes the Tree of Perdition a 1/1. However since the ACTIVATED ABILITY of Tree of Perdition is still on the stack it's still waiting to resolve, what now happens is that when the ability tries to resolve it checks what the toughness is before the ability resolves and sees that it is 1. At this point it is now swapped with your opponent's life total(lets say default 20) and the toughness of the tree is now 20 and your opponent has 1 life.

Maybe one day you'll actually git gud!

I miss it too bro. Spending like 5$ for a card seemed to be a big deal back then. Nowadays any card that costs less than 10$ is "cheap".

The problem with trisk is that it gets destroyed by pain lands

>What was Odyssey Block Standard like?
I was just getting started, so I was mostly playing garbage brews. My first netdeck was UG Madness and I had a lot of fun with that.

I don't understand why WotC doesn't give players an accessible (inexpensive) competitive deck from time to time. I dump tons of money into magic every year, but it was UG madness and affinity that got me started back in my cheapass days.

>What was the best Standard ever?
I skipped some blocks, but I really liked playing:
Affinity before it was nerfed
Jund/Mythic Conscription for Shards/Zendikar
Delver when Innistrad came out

>What was the best Modern ever?
I love it from the beginning. Even recent Eldrazi shenanigans.

What I really miss is extended. I think at one point it was better than Modern.

>tfw still playing with janky 20 buck mirrodin to ravnica decks