I'm attractive, fit, charismatic and take care of myself

>I'm attractive, fit, charismatic and take care of myself

>Pick up MTG in HS
>Get really into it; have like 4 decks
>Go to LGS to actually play
>Everyone's disgusting and awkward
>Try to have fun but the stench is horrific
>Try to have fun but the guy next to me is smelling up the room with mcdonalds
>Try to have fun but someone is telling me why Jace is the best (without me asking)
>Eventually I just can't go anymore
>Stopped playing

>Now I play Warhammer like an adult
>Just got my SM army to about 2500 points
>Go to different LGS in different city
>Meeting friend so hopes are high
>Me and friend are hounded by smelly overweight spectators
>Autistic man in his forties is explaining to me why LINK is the actual BAD GUY (holy shit)
>Dirty looks from across the room cause I can hold a conversation about geeky stuff but still look like a douchebag
>Slowly starting to not play Warhammer either

Should I just give up Veeky Forums? Why can't you degenerates bathe and dress nice when you go outside? Are my standards too high or is a room full of man-children just a local thing for my LGSs?

I want to play these games Veeky Forums, but the community makes it impossible for me. The only thing I play regularly is Pathfinder and that's because I can actually play that at home with friends.

Other urls found in this thread:

wargaminghobby.com/terrain/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're supposed to play ALL of those games at home with friends, OP. The tourney scene is just a patch for the portion of the market that cannot make friends.

Why would you expect anyone to believe this?

>>I'm attractive, fit, charismatic and take care of myself

Sure you are.

You don't have to believe it, but I'd stand out in a LGS if you saw me fampie.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck what have I been doing.
But I like the terrain the store provides...

Reminds me of the "socially well-adjusted" guy who came on here just to insult us for replies.

Make your own terrain. It isn't expensive.

I feel for you OP
at my gaming club everyone is educated, hygienic and mostly attractive to some extent, and mega-autists arent really tolerated
it's fucking great, we rent out half of a bar and drink beer while we game

>I'm intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor

>Pick up MTG in HS
>Get really into it; have like 4 decks
>Go to LGS to actually play
>Everyone's a logical positivist and unfunny
>Try to have fun but the low average IQ is horrific
>Try to have fun but the guy next to me is derping up the room with Heidegger
>Try to have fun but someone is telling me why Kant is the smartest (without me asking)
>Eventually I just can't go anymore
>Stopped playing

>Now I play Warhammer like an adult (told you I had a wicked sense of humor :^) )
>Just got my SM army to about 2500 points
>Go to different LGS in different city
>Meeting friend so hopes are high
>Me and friend are hounded by learning-disabled Randian spectators
>Autistic man in his forties is explaining to me why PYRRHO is the actual BAD GUY (holy shit)
>Dirty looks from across the room cause I can hold a conversation about nihilistic stuff but still look like a beliefpleb
>Slowly starting to not play Warhammer either

Should I just give up Veeky Forums? Why can't you degenerates joke and disbelieve when you go outside? Are my standards too high or is a room full of man-children just a local thing for my LGSs?

I want to play these games Veeky Forums, but the community makes it impossible for me. The only thing I play regularly is Pathfinder and that's because I can actually play that at home with friends.

What are some good materials? Me and my friend do play at home but we use cardboard terrain out of toy story's opening.

You need to find a FLGS that has players that match your reasonable expectations. If you happen to be somewhat near the source of that picture, then there's a FLGS for you.

Otherwise good luck. We spent some time cultivating a proper environment at our FLGS, you either act like a reasonable human being or you just don't get games.
Got an opinion about something we didn't ask about? Get lost you're interrupting our game.
Smell like shit? There's a CVS across the parking lot or you can just go home.

Seriously, find whatever reasonable people you can and band them together. Do no associate with the unwashed autistic masses who can't fit through a door without turning sideways. The fools that can't even hold a real conversation.

Keep friends that fit those criteria. Keep them close and keep the others away. There is no reason to suffer while trying to have fun. Unless you're into that kinda thing.

>Uh oh I made Veeky Forums insecure.

Veeky Forums has some good tips and routines if you need inspiration or research.

Fucking rekt

Foam. You can shape it into hills and cliffs, then finish with paint and that fake grass stuff people use for bases. Stick some store-bought fake trees in it, scatter a few pebbles, and you're good.

wargaminghobby.com/terrain/

I've got nihilistic and intelligent friends with a wicked sense of humor in my group already, and we play games sometimes but not with the frequency I'd like. That is why I'm going to FLGSs anyways but then OP happens.

Whatever you say, kid

I never understood this image. He's a fat guy who goes around photographing other fat guys. What message is he trying to send?

Also, this has the potential to become a first rate pasta. Enjoy your 310 replies, I hope to see it again and again in threads to come.

Hi OP.

Nice try, but you just got told. :^)

Anyone can make up shit and post it on the internet, but it takes legit skill to riff off that and serve the other guy. Your response tells me you don't have that skill. You probably spent about 45 mins coming up with your OP, and then when you were challenged within minutes, you fell apart. Your cover was blown, you had to fall back on a simple variation of "u mad". You choked bro. You choked hard. And now everyone knows your OP was simple b8.

Oh no! Nobody's falling for it! What are you going to do? Let's see you wriggle on my hook a bit more, kid. Dance up a merry jig and maybe I'll give you a few pointers on how to b8 properly when you're done.

It's the buttcracks.

He went around to appreciate all the buttcracks

It's fucking hilarious

I feel like he probably shares my opinion.

He may be fat but maybe he actually smells nice and wears a belt in public.

Again, cooked to perfection

move to a better city. poor people tend to be stinkfats that spend all their welfare on mcdolans and mtg.
i live in a 'company town' with an extremely high population of chemical engineers and other STEM-related professionals with excess funbux to spend at the game store. sometimes autismos or stinkfats show up, but it's rare and we treat them with dignity and basic human decency because we aren't morally bankrupt cardlords that would actually stop playing because someone was smelly or annoying.

Yeah honestly FLGS are, at least in my opinion, mainly there to be a recruiting ground where you can see how fucking awful your prospects are with your own eyes, before you go off and play at someone's house. The people who actually HANG AROUND long term at the LGS are those who have failed selection. People who are happy to be there because they're too fucking autistic to realise that the staff are paid to be nice to the customers.

You need to find someone else you know who does this shit, see if they have a group. Alternatively, a lot of 'tabletop societies' and similar will have like, an inner circle of people who are socially functional if you prove yourself in the pleb arena.

As someone who can taste smells in addition to smelling them, I count my starts that the FLGS in my area that can support play beyond cardgames seem to show decent hygiene in their communities.

It's the tiny card shops where I find most of the horribly obese and condensed fat-fold-funk. The nearest one was pretty awful the one time I went to a MTG release event a few years back, I was the second-skinniest person there, and I'm not exactly a scrawny nor skinny person. The only reason I didn't vomit from the smell/taste-of-smell is because I didn't eat earlier, and by the time intermission ended(where I got food and a bit extra for sharing) half the people left, meaning it was only half as awful and the small shop had time to air-out.

>I'm fat, smelly and socially maldjusted
>start collecting collectibles game made for "people" like me
>My complete lack of self-awareness prohibits me from seeing that I an the same as them, and therefore enables me to autistically go on a tantrum
>Get rejected as a worthy human being by my subconsciouss
>Suffer without knowing why and substitute self-growth with escapist activities to cope

Potential pasta general?

he's the greatest hero of our time, save for that Russian soldier who called an airstrike on his own position to take out a bunch of Isis fighters who had him surrounded
he went to some xbawkshueg magic tournament and took photos of all the disgusting people who lacked any sense of hygiene or proper dress, presumably to reveal to the world the horrid practices of many magic players, and was banned from official tournaments for several years as a result

The message was to do the world a favor and hide your ass crack. I think keeping the fat out of card games is an even more losing battle

>sometimes autismos or stinkfats show up, but it's rare and we treat them with dignity and basic human decency because we aren't morally bankrupt cardlords that would actually stop playing because someone was smelly or annoying.

Physical deformity is indicative of moral deformity. By tolerating the former you encourage the latter.

Is IQ correlated with looks?

Every fifteen IQ points equals one inch of dick size

I sometimes see people bring their kids into these shops too. I'm sitting there watching them as they judge the room uncomfortably and their father forces them to play the hobby he plays cause parenting.

I just wanna know why we can't have nice things.

>mutation without, corruption within

Then explain asians, or are you arguing a negative correlation?

>arguing
That requires arguments

Then there's the obese mother/couple that brings their pK-4th grader kid with them to a magic night because they can't be assed to get a babysitter, so the kid runs around (what tiny amount of room is left) and half the time they don't understand the concept of ownership nor respecting other peoples' property.

This happens about every fucking time at small cardshop LGS'.

If an LGS doesn't have a dedicated room or area for playing games, and instead set up folding tables in the store floor/aisle, don't fucking bother with them beyond purchasing product.

That sounds like the fucking best. How did that come about?

No, arguing results in an argument, not vice versa.

local group used to go to the GW then grab drinks after, then the bar space became available and the group jumped on the opportunity, it's excellent, we keep all the terrain and boards in their storage room and just set up as many folding tables as we need

My crew normally plays in one of our apartments after we work out but playing the same armies over and over gets dull. Do you guys let new people in to spice things up or do you just bite the bullet and play with the same guys all the time?

it's open to anyone who wants to drop in, but people do generally play with the same group of people

>I'm attractive
Strike one.
>fit
Strike two.
>charismatic
Strike three, you're out.
>take care of myself
Seriously, you can stop now.

I guess I'll just drop FLGS all together. That's what I've learned from this.

Thanks for biting the bait everyone! Especially you, , you knucklehead.

OP is leaving.

>I-I was just baiting you ;_;

Nice try, but you were BTFO.

>OP is leaving

And yet, you'll reply to this post, and every one after it making fun of you for what a fucking retard you are

This is thread is the reason I don't want to go to my FLGS.

>Be from Europe
>Be ex-army
>Be clean limbed
>Be tall
>Be not an ass-tarded neckbearding autist
>Be normal

Been in to FLGS and looked around a few times, bought a few things and chatted with the owner. A really cool guy who just loves the hobby and wants to share it with the world, been in local press and all sorts.

>Be from Europe
>Be not an ass-tarded neckbearding autist

Pick one

>Be from Europe
>Be living in the most freedom loving state in the whole Union
>Be a citizen of the Union by the end of the year

>get into Veeky Forums in a rinkydink desert town near an AFB
>almost everyone is fit, respectable active duty or civilian contractors
>game and metagame, barely hold my own because im a poorfag but be apart of the community
>go away to uni, come back while im looking for work
>neckbeards everywhere

well

at least I now have zero reason whatsoever to give a shit about this scab of a town

Why can't you get together a playgroup and play at home or a bad/coffe shop?
When they say 90% of the player base plays at their kitchen table they're not lying.

His argument was "please wear a belt".
Of course that's too much to ask from neet landwhales so he got banned.

Today on shift that only happened in op's autistic mind.

WTF is clean limbed?

No. He got banned for being a passivery aggressive piece of shit who sought to promote himself at the expense of people he embarrassed and the tournament officials recognized that this sort of asshattery hurts their business.

I'm not saying he was wrong. I'm saying g he was an asshole who happened to be right. But he was still an asshole... and, from the looks of him, he was probably an asscracker himself the day before... and probably every day since.

You have the world of knowledge at your finger tips.

>clean-limbed
>adjective
>(especially of the human figure) slim; having well-formed limbs; well-proportioned.

OP is correct in stating that hobby and game stores are populated entirely by disgusting man-children

Everyone else in the thread is correct in assuming that OP is one of those man-children

>Feynman was attractive
That's debatable

>and was banned from official tournaments for several years as a result

Because MtG would never condone such behavior.

My groups kinda mixed on social status. Couple of us normies, a few neckbeards, some guys that are way too fat for their own good, some typical nerds and their two girlfriends, a Jewish kid, an sjw, a blue player, and a few actual autismos. Surprisingly we mostly get along

>attractive, fit, charismatic

And a weak-willed normie who lets other people get in the way of his enjoyment of his hobbies.

>get fucked, cuck

It's a meme

pics or you're a fucking neckbeard.

>Now I play Warhammer like an adult
Warhammer is more of a teenager and young adults game. Real adults enjoy reading military history and playing historical wargames

>Should I just give up Veeky Forums?
get into Historicals if you're having so much trouble with your fellow players that its ruining your enjoyment. That or find better groups. There are normal people that play warhammer, just a matter of finding them.

The fanbase of historicals tends to be older neckbeards with wives and normal jobs. They aren't autistic and dont smell, but they're bound to be pretty dry and serious guys.

Idk what kind of period would you like to wargame if you could choose one from history? there's some pretty nice miniatures and games for most periods, just a matter of choosing one and checking them out.

Good luck! wargaming is great fun, but like any games you gotta find the right group or players.

>that Russian soldier who called an airstrike on his own position to take out a bunch of Isis fighters who had him surrounded
>believing actual literal Kremlin propaganda

>>I'm attractive, fit, charismatic and take care of myself
>>I'm attractive, fit, charismatic
>>charismatic

Could've fooled me, user.

I dunno man. I'd probably prefer getting obliterated by friendly artillery too when my only other option was getting captured and tortured by terrorists.

Same outcome, one is just a lot quicker.

I know right? If you're an ugly fatty the least you could do is get a shower so people can ignore you from across the room without the stench drifting over.

>doubting the macho of us slavs

Pics or fat neckbeard

Why? I've lost a ton of weight and have always showered daily, but why would someone who doesnt know you or care about you care? They obviously arent ashamed, so why would they care?

In their shoes why would you care?

Because the cost of actually cleaning yourself is so fucking low, that not showering before going out is like shitting on the table.

Are you asking why people care if other people smell like shit?

Because people (me) will get you thrown out for smelling like shit...?

>Why do you care that someone in close proximity inside a building smells like rotten shit

Looks like you're so used to smelling like an open sewer you can no longer smell it on other people.

There are a lot of bad players, GMs and groups out there

Thankfully, this post is here to help you navigate the minefield that is traditional gaming

How far gone do you got to be to think like this?

shoulda put a 350 in

>he actually screencaped bait

>he's triggered

>he's retarded

>walks into bathroom, hoping to take a shit.
>oh gods someone shit all over this stall.
> asks online after an unenjoyable bathroom visit if all bathrooms are plastered with fecal matter.
>a normie

Build Cube Draft and play with friends. No more smelly nerds.

>he's attempting damage control

In case you didn't actually leave

>I'll drop flgs
Your lgs sounds pretty terrible, desu. I would also avoid a place full of people who smell terrible.

Gamers argue about silly shit though, and are likely to share their inane theories because they want to talk to someone about them.

He's probably comparing himself to the neckbeards. That's not hard.

Being more fit and hygienic than a hamplanet doesn't require much effort besides showering regularly and getting a haircut every month.

About OP, I wouldn't know because everyone at my LFGS is kinda normal.

>>Now I play Warhammer like an adult
U 'avin a laff m8?

>>Now I play Warhammer like an adult

This.
I'd say 70% of 'that guy'-horror stories wouldn't occur if people wouldn't desperately seek out other nerds in order to play. Get some friends first and then introduce them to the game, not the other way around.

>Be from the US
>A country whose heritage lies almost entirely in Europe
>Hates Europeans
You tit.

>Yuropoors
>White

Nice try Ahmed

Switzerland?

i bet you would vote for killary you cuck

also based slave masterrace reporting in

Same to you, Darnell.

Why can't you people stay on your containment board? I know you've been purged badly, but we don't want you /pol/migrants here either.

>majortiy of children in america are not white
>calls himself white
nice try Tyrone

Guess again faggot

Me on the left

Go back to /brit/ you daft plonker

Man up and tell owner of the store to impose higiene rules or fuck off.

Magic players are the fucking worst.