Kobold thread

Kobold thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/1Cq6m3ct
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I had an all kobold campaign one time, it was pretty cool.

Plucky underdog heroes fighting to make the world a better place despite their many disadvantages, winning out because they were clever little bastards.

Kobolds appeal to me in ways halflings just plain don't, not completely sure why.

I know exactly what you mean. Making traps is kobold territory so that might be part of it, I always found stuff like that fun

ALL HAIL KING TORD!

I just always identified with the kobolds I guess because they're plucky underdogs who are often living in nasty conditions but still win out by being smart and industrious little buggers.

Halflings just kinda sit around not doing very much, at least in most settings. Kobolds are the ones who were kicked to the curb by the world and work to make good stuff despite that.

pastebin.com/1Cq6m3ct

Just incase he returns to the thread

How do you guys feel about Spiral Knight's Gremlins?
I read recently that an user used them to replace gnomes, and I'm considering rolling up and replacing gnomes, goblins, and kobolds with them.

So much wasted potential in that game.

I remember when I used to write pastebin stories.

I wrote the story about the kobold alchemist who stuffed his pants with rags to give himself a crotch bulge to pick up humans.[\spoiler]

was that bastille of the buldge?

I agree, user. I love the art style, music, and concept, and the gameplay is fun for a bit, but it just doesn't go anywhere.
Plenty of good ideas to rip from it, though. Like gremlins.
For that matter, I'd gladly rip the whole setting if I could find a good system to model bombs, guns, and swords.
4e or Strike! maybe?

Battle of the Bulge, actually, but yes. I would continue the story if there was interest but I have way too many writing projects going on at once.[\spoiler]

I think they're great, but I was dissapoint that they were badguys only.

Those would be my choices as well. I mean, the dungeons are literally grid based.

Possibly needs an alternate leveling system so you can simulate that you can just swap out your equipment at any time... or maybe not. What works for the vidya may not work for the tabletop.

I had an idea I discussed with my DM, and I wanted to run it past you Kobold guys before we tried to implement it.
>Kobold PC
>Kobold den is in an abondoned church
>This particularly malevolent group of kobolds have started stacking trophies around the altar
>Tiamat takes notice of the deeds of this nest and crowns one of the kobolds a "Paladin" of Tiamat
>big bad psuedo-drogon kobold