What are some good Veeky Forums related podcasts? You know...

What are some good Veeky Forums related podcasts? You know, the kind where you can listen to other people having fun instead of having fun yourself?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4FDf_VD_GU
fandible.com/
lorepodcast.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I really liked critical hit, and the adventure zone is alright.
I also just typed "call of cthulhu rpg" into youtube, and am listening to the playlist by 'shadowhawk2012'

If you just want some IDEAS, try Night Vale. But not too far, they get really annoyingly preachy. Has a really nice, banal sort of approach to the supernatural.

>critical hit

This is a long fucking list of episodes. Should I just start at the beginning here or what?

Begin by not watching them.

I've been listening to a lot of One Shot lately, and enjoying it a fair bit. So much depends on who's in each episode, though. Sometimes you get a group that isn't very interesting.

I may get some shit for this,but I like RPPR actual plays. They know the systems they play, all the olayers gel well together and they have some actual scenario writers on there, so yknow most of the adventures are gonna be interesting

I can't tell if this is a troll or not.

I'm going to say "/v/ plz leave" just in case

/v/ plz leave

I'm literal cancer so I just listen to Cryaotics Shards of Iso on YouTube.

Other than that, I've also listened to Fenoxo's adventures.

You should be able to find them by typing Savin D&D or Fen and D

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4FDf_VD_GU

Probably nsfw.

Aside from Three Moves Ahead, are there any Veeky Forums-related podcasts that mostly talk about the industry of RPGs, boardgames, and wargames as well as how to make them?

Seconding the Adventure Zone. Some anions recommended Crit juice, Tanis, and the Black Tapes.

I used to really like THAC0. It had a nice setup with four veteran players and GMs talking about mechanics, campaign design, and setting fluff, and they were pretty good at analyzing things objectively because they had a lot of different viewpoints. Eventually they sort of ran out of stuff to talk about, and it got pretty pointless, but from the early episodes I picked up a lot of good tips about being a GM. It also introduced me to a lot of new games, back when I was first getting into the hobby and what I was seeing was just DnD everywhere. Like I discovered Fading Suns and Unknown Armies years before I probably would have ever heard of them elsewhere.

None as regular. Literally none is worth watching all of them. It's more about watching hand-picked episodes from X, Y and Z, always picking the stuff tha interests you, instead of getting yourself into shit that is outside your scope. Semi-related, but still - I can't stand most of Lindybeige cringe, but he had this great stuff about torches and conflict escalation (or stating something obvious for me about half-elves). It still doesn't mean I'm going to watch rest of his shit, because most of it doesn't interest me in the slightest, while those few interesting bits were unwatchable.

I enjoyed acquisitions inc a lot before they were turned into live shows.
Dark sun run was fun too.

Usually the start of each season is a good jumping on point, and catching up on previous seasons help fill in the blanks that you might have.
Summary:
Season 1 & 2: Four Against the Void
Episodes 4 - 57
Moon God cult activate ancient magitech towers to pull the moon into the material plane. The group halts it half-way through and have to travel to the moon to return it to it's original position.
Season 3: Celestial Crusade
Episode 63 - 132
The group gets called to the Astral Sea to assist the gods in a war against the Moon Gods. Shenanigans ensue.
Season 4: Lords of the Feywild
Episodes 144 - 271
After dealing with the war between the Pantheon and the Moon Gods, the group travel to the Feywild and do their best to fix it and avoid never being heard from again.

Season 5: Legacy Of Ghosts
Episodes 307 to current
Time Skip, then the gang gets back together after thwarting an assassination plot against them and travel south to stop an organization from invading the multiverse.

RPGmp3 is a pretty awesome site with a fuck ton of groups playing pretty much any system you can think of

Gamer's Haven is really good if you can still find them, i HIGHLY recomend their Wizard's Collage game, some of the best in-character stuff i've heard.

fandible.com/ been listening to these guys lately, not everyone's cup of tea and the do tend to slip off topic but mostly only for a quick joke or to point out how insane something is, but i'm having fun and the GM's paint a good story

System Mastery.

Critical Hit a shit.

Drunks and Dragons is good.
Critical Role is good.
Acquisitions Inc. is alright

Admit it, you only hate it because they're actually having fun with D&D 4E.

Obligatory mention of Lore

lorepodcast.com/

Yesterday the official Curse of Strahd stream had a guest star on who does a homebrew 5e podcast. I started listening to it today and so far it's pretty good. One of the players was some chick who went on a rant about how sexist it was that the first question the DM asked was "what are you wearing?" then very elaborately described EXACTLY what her character would wear. I thought that was pretty funny.

Not that guy, but the reason I didn't like it so much was that the DM was too monotone.

What's the homebrew podcast called?

Eh, some of said shows are alright. Like 1/5 or 1/4

This. The God's Teeth game was GOAT

That guy you replied too.

I can see that being an issue. English is his second? language with Spanish being his first? language (or maybe both simultaneously being first and second?). I don't mind so much because the rest of the players make up for it and the story is interesting enough.

ofc, I've listened weekly since episode 1 when they first made Steven's character and was released under the Major Spoilers Podcast (before it officially became Critical Hit a few weeks later), so I've had a few years to get use to the style.

It's called Godsfall.

I don't think any of them are huge fags or anything I just wish the DM had some more energy when describing stuff and role playing.