Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

Order take all edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

Old thread:
The best rule of AoS is...
>"if both players can carry out abilities at the same time, the player whose turn is taking place use their abilities first"

Discuss.

And the resources supply link/ring is kinda broken atm, we have no WD131 and Everwinter epub, and don't expect any resources in near future.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/zjftjk3e5257zak/Winter_is_Coming.epub
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for assmad order players pissed that destruction has two good factions

Friendly reminder that these are perfectly fair, balanced, and historically inspired lists.

980 points:
100: Freeguild General
200: Freeguild Handgunners x20
160: Freeguild Greatswords x10
120: State Troop Detachment

1960 points:

I'm the guy from the last one who squabbled with you, I meant nothing by it, in fact I like the list, I meant people will get butthurt because of your focus on shooting

>focus on shooting
>and shooting for free in response to charges
>autistic

1000 points
Spellweaver 100
Waywatcher 100
Glade Guard x20 240
Glade Guard x20 240
Glade Guard x20 240
Eternal Guard 80

1960 points
Spellweaver 100
Waywatcher 100
Glade Guard x20 240
Glade Guard x20 240
Glade Guard x20 240
Glade Guard x20 240
Glade Guard x20 240
Glade Guard x20 240
Glade Guard x20 240
Eternal Guard 80

what the fuck are we arguing about? If you are the original poster of the list I have no quarrel with you.
you have clearly misinterpreted my original comment, my apologies friend.

Holy shit. user posted a WE list.

These are great, but what's your strategy behind these?

>What's your strategy
>60/140 archers with 6" move and 22" range

Okay, thanks user. Just asking. Let us know how it works.

Still can't hold a candle to State Troop Detachments.

How the FUCK do I make slaves to Darknesss work? I mean, im spamming Daemonic power as hard as possible, im running my guys with Marks of Slaanesh so that they can run and charge. The only thing im not using is the Chaos Warshrine, and thats because its a truck ton of money. The fuck do I do here? No matter who I play, I get my ass reamed. So far, I've played and lost to:
>Stormcast
>BloodBound
>DeathRattle
>Seraphon
>Bonesplittaz

What do I need to add to get these guys to work?

Honestly, I have no idea if it would work at all. I haven't played AoS yet, but I have enough archers for the first list.

That being said, I am 100% going Sylvaneth unless the allegiance book does something wanderful for my old Wood Elves.

I've even got fluff ideas for my trees.

Other mortal Chaos factions. Your choice. You'll get buffs aplenty.

Go play 40k if you want to spam shooting you faggot.

Why do you get reamed? Can you post some lists you've played?

I do play 40k, but I've always liked Fantasy better. I used to love playing with MSU archers in a world of mega units of 40+.

As I said here I am going with Sylvaneth, so chill your shit.

Oh. Okay, well I'm glad you told me, because I have played a few games with large units of GG, and it doesn't work without at least one heavy damage unit that can go way outfield and keep the opponent off your archers. I played against a small starter army of Stormcasts and his Protectors (?) teleported long and wiped out my Glade Guards.

Dryads are alright, if you have enough of them. I'm trying to add Treelords and maybe even a Forest Dragon. I teleported a Treelord through a Wyldwood into my opponent's line, and that messed him up. Though, you can't bring Treelords into every fight of course. Especially against Skaven w/flamethrowers. Maybe consider some Sisters of the Watch, or Kurnoth Hunters. The latter got some serious range.

Also, take advantage of the terrain rules. Read up on them and link your units up to them whenever you can. Choose Lords and Heroes that can hang back and augment your Glade Guards to their fullest.

OP. don't be surprised if you're sitting alone in the corner at your FLGS... im taking 80 plaguebearers against you btw... then 160 against your second list, lol

As long as where posting lists, How does my 1k and 2k look?

Lord Celestant 100
Knight Vexillor 200 with Pennant of the Stormbringer
Judicators with skybolt bow and shockbolt bow 160
Liberators with shield and warhammer and grandhammer 100
Retributors 220
Paladin 200

Total: 980
Knight Heraldor 120
Knight Vexillor 200 with Pennant of the Stormbringer
Lord Celestant 100
Knight Venator 120
Decimators 200
Protectors 200
Retributors 220
Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins 80
Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins 80

The Skyborne Slayers 140

Total:1980

Branchwraiths are next to useless. Just FYI.

>autists getting mad at classic shooting lists
Why so serious?

I mean, I suppose its not a hard choice, but it seems so limited; Either I roll with Blightkings or I roll woth Skullreapers, or in other words, Khorne or Nurgle. Are Tzneetch and Slaanesh even playable?

My last game, against Stormcast, looked like this:
1 Chaos Lord/w Mark of Slaanesh-100
-Dark Avenger
-Chaos Talisman
2 Sorcerers-280
2 Familiars-40
10 WoC/w Mark of Slaanesh-180
10 WoC/w Mark of Slaanesh-180
5 Chaos Knights/w Mark of Slaanesh-200

So about 980 points in total. Meanwhile, he ran Three squads of Liberators, the Retributors, the Celestant, the Prosectors and the Relictor for 920. All in all, he simply out damaged me, and was able to disrupt my Sorcerers with his Prosectors while critting my Lord to death with his Retributors and Storms from the relictors.

the greatest weakness of Slaves is their lack of shooting and ability to dole out mortal wounds, to truly make them work well I suggest 2-3 units of chosen with chaos warriors acting as a moving iron bubble around them, and if you're not limiting yourself to matched play, I also suggest kitbashing yourself a hellcannon, those things cause some real damage from a good range

what's stopping him from using a hellcannon in matched play? all he loses is knights as battleline

Min marauders, drown them in chosen. I hate it, but it works better.

what would you use as a hellcannon? I was thinking of just getting a skull cannon and calling it a hellcannon. Either that, or use a forgefiend

Need some Slaanesh love up in this bitch. Could a list like this work?

-Herald on Exalted Seeker Chariot - 160
-Herald on Seeker Chariot - 100
-Herald on Seeker Chariot - 100
-Herald of Slaanesh on Mount - 60

-Daemonettes x10 - 120
-Daemonettes x10 - 120
-Daemonettes x10 - 120
-Seekers of Slaanesh x10 - 240
-Hellflayers of Slaanesh x3 - 240
-Hellflayers of Slaanesh x3 - 240
-Seeker Chariots of Slaanesh x3 - 240
-Seeker Chariots of Slaanesh x3 - 240

Total - 1980

Also, it's kinda bullshit that Tzeentch can have Burning Chariots of Tzeentch as battleline but Slaanesh can't take any of their chariots as battleline.

I have a considerable amount of Dryads because the battle boxes came with them, which I had at least 2, plus another box. Some of them are converted treekin, but I have a lot.

With the new Sylvaneth rules, I don't want to include non Sylvaneth units because trees eat them.

Why's that? Wych just better? Summoning seems good.

there aren't points for it yet, matched play needs points, are you thinking of the khorne skullcannon?

So, everytning is split between the 8 realms, right? What's the reason for armies fighting now if everything is separate except for the gates or whatever?

hellcannon is in the general's handbook, along with the rest of the warrios of chaos. 300 points for it and crew

you could do that and be fine as long as the other player isn't a wysiwig nazi, but you could get creative and use a skaven lightning cannon or some empire cannons and mod them up with green stuff putty and some leftover chaos warrior shields

I feel blind or foolish what page are you seeing this?

Rate my list nerds.
1000pt marauder/barbarian themed.
X1 Exalted deathbringer with spear (General)
X1 exalted deathbringer with great axe
X1 bloodsecrator
X1 bloodstoker
X20 bloodreavers with 2weapons and full command
X20 blood reavers great axes full command
X10 khorne marauder horsemen with javelins and command
X1 khorne warshrine.

Page 151, first entry under warriors of chaos

Wow, that's a lot of chariots

by Slaanesh's sixth nipple ring, how the hell did I miss this section of the book?!

you are awesome!

Gotta go fast to find their god, no what I'm sayin?

Ironjawz list:

Megaboss - 140
Megaboss - 140
Warchanter - 80
Warchanter - 80
Weirdnob Shaman - 120
Brutes (10, mixed weapons) - 360
Gore Gruntas (3, pig iron choppas) - 180
Gore Gruntas (3, pig iron choppas) - 180

2000 points.

The general idea is to plant each Megaboss and Warchanter between two units of Brutes and truck across the field to smash while Gore Gruntas screen the heavy hitters or flank/annoy. Weirdnob is mainly there to shield whatever is taking the heaviest fire until they reach combat and then the Foot can be attempted. Probably wouldn't work as well against super-shooty armies but there's not hardly any of those in my local meta so no big deal.

I have a Maw-Krusha but I was curious if a list would be viable without it. Ideally the Rampaging trait would be used to help move up or take objectives ever so slightly faster.

Thoughts/feedback welcome.

I love archaon on a horse: cheaper, easier to transport, and still with his wargear and command ability

>because trees eat them

You mean in your fluff?

>Why's that? Wych just better? Summoning seems good.

Yes, but only if you're looking for a 40K style deepstrike, and even then if the spell actually goes off and is not unbound by your opponent. It's usually better to take the unit of dryads along with your standard loadout, rather than try summoning later. Summoning is completely different from the old WFB rules.

know*

jesus

niiiice, I've always loved the model and this incarnation of dorgar is so much better aesthetically. It's also good to know that my throgg and trolls aren't made useless

Indeed.
I pretty much spam seekers instead.
KoS into double attacks, and then throw the seekers where it hurts.
Also, far more daemonettes. They become good at 20+, so i make 2 squads of 30 just to be sure.

I'll add some chariots in the near future, but they seems like a pain to paint.

>your fluff
No, I mean as per the rules of the Wyldwood.

>summoning
How does summoning work, then?

Also, what's the "standard" loadout?

Also, why the shit is the citadel wild wood 80 fucking dollars for some plastic trees?

>Shine Castellant lantern on Celestant on StarDrake
>that feel when I reroll a one on a save, rerolls as a 6
>all enemy units within 3" take a mortal wound and I get healed for one wound

It's magical

It's a lot of plastic trees actually. Sylvaneth just need a retarded amount of them. I mean it's fun to drown everything in forests, but stuff like that belongs in a videogame and not in 28mm tabletop.

This is assuming the guy is still here.

To the guy that made that list with Archaon, 2x Aspiring Deathbringers and 2x Bloodsecrators to give everyone +4 attacks with their weapons.

It doesn't work because the Aspiring Deathbringer's command ability states that he needs to be the general of the army.

>"If this model is your general and uses this ability..."

And yes, there are Command Abilities that either state the model has to be your general and some that don't state it at all like the Chaos Lord on Manticore, Thanquol on Boneripper, Beastlord, etc.

Not sure why it replied to you. Sorry bout that.

It's in the OP pastebin for free. I'd rate the Drycha story best and Durthu worst.

Sorry for the so-so picture. I have terribad lighting in my apartment.

These are my converted treekin. I tried making them appear just kinda big and used branches for arms as well as adding more branches to the back.

Would could these be used for in AoS? I'm thinking they could probably pass as Spite Revenants.

Idk, I loved Tree singing back in the day.

>Bonesplitters players with more than 10 arrowboyz should kill themselves, they're literally killing the game

>This list of 90% handgunners is fine :^)
but
>It's fine :^)
but
>it's fine you waac pissbaby umad?

Just found a nice counter to thundertusks - trebuchets.
Longer range, arching shot, 2 shots at -2 rend d6 dmg. Yes, you'd have to roll to hit unless you get a 1 on the 'hard to miss' rule.
How do I best represent it with GW stuff? There are some good 3rd party types, but I play at a GW. Maybe the LotR one? What could I crew it with?

>2k points
80 Nomad Prince
80 Waystrider
100 Waywatcher
100 Wayfinder

240 Sisters of the Watch x10 this
240 Sisters of the Watch x10 isn't
240 Sisters of the Watch x10 spam
240 Sisters of the Watch x10 fucking
240 Sisters of the Watch x10 Veeky Forums
240 Sisters of the Watch x10

Battalion: 140 Waystone Pathfinders

Would completely massacre the Free People list you posted, possibly tabelling them by turn 2. Now what?

Can't you deal with some handgunners and pipers, man?

The fun thing to do is to find a spam lister like that who has a limited time frame to play in. Take as few models as possible and let them blow their load, then immediately find a game with someone else and set up within like 30 seconds while he's still packing up his 100+ hand gunners.

People always said I was a fool for taking all-dread lists in 40k, but I sure as fuck got a lot more games in, often times more memorable and fun too, especially in team games or Apocalypse.

>Battalion: 140 Waystone Pathfinders

What's this do?

>tfw no Grand Alliance: Order

Give them marks of Khorne or Nurgle, take Bloodbound heroes or Glotkin, Plaguebearers, etc. Slaves to Darkness were built to be used with god-aligned factions, not so much by themselves. I get a lot of mileage out of a Bloodsecrator and Bloodstoker.

Also going to repeat what everyone else is saying about Chosen. I feel that the Lord of Chaos is very slept on, as well, his post death or general slaying ability is surprisingly handy with missions that need a Hero sitting on a point forever.

Uh, you don't qualify for Waystone Pathfinders.

Because nobody else will

Battletome : Beastclaw Raiders

mediafire.com/download/zjftjk3e5257zak/Winter_is_Coming.epub

Oi! I see you, user, you little shit.

Fuck you and fuck your forced meme model.

Blood/10, good to see more of Khorne's followers fighting the good fight and I like the marauder theme, solid themed list.

Blood for the Blood God brother!

Kills everything on turn 1 is what it does with that list.

A wild user appear!!!

I mean I love you.

Thinking on adding some Arrowboyz to my mix of Ironjawz, mainly to get some ranged game, but also because I refuse to play the ugly-as-fuck Ardboyz models to fill out my ranks.

Are they as good as people claim? Only thing I really dislike about them are some of the poses. Sure, I get it, wave around with the bow like a melee weapon, shouting and screaming, its "savage" enough. But would it be to much to ask to have at least one or two models actually looking as if they are firing their bows?

I'm also interested in taking the big spear and converting it with some other parts I have lying around (half a scraplauncher for example), to make a bolt thrower conversion.

2000/2000
Beastmen

Leaders:
1:Malagor, The Dark Omen[120](G)
2:Beastlord[80](Weapon:Crown of Conquest)
3:Wargor Standard Bearer[80]
4:Great Bray-Shaman[100]

Battleline:
1:Gors[240](30)
2:Gors[160](20)
3:Ungor Raiders[320](40)
4:Ungors[60](10)

Other:
1:Bestigors[420](30)
2:Bestigors[420](30)

Just wondering how this list would do? Any tips? Anything to change? I plan to death star this up with the standard bearer.

You are a godly gentle-user

Been following Age of Sigmar for a few months now that the grognard rage inside of me has had time to cool off.

I won't lie, General's Handbook had a huge part in convincing me it was time to give AoS a second chance.

Got the app. Got a mod for VASSAL. Convinced my fiancé to play it with me.

We basically ran the Start Collecting boxes against one another. I went with Flesh-Eaters and she went with Sylvaneth. She kicked my ass, but we had a great time. Just bought the Sylvaneth ebook. Reading it now.

It's going to be a few months before we can save up for the models and supplies (currently saving up for a new apartment and furniture and wedding), but I'm really looking forward to it, and really enjoying the Sylvaneth book so far.

I'm considering picking up the Starter Kit and expanding both armies as well as getting her started with a Sylvaneth army that I'm going to teach her how to paint and assemble.

I can honestly say I was wrong about Age of Sigmar. The simplicity of the rule set just means I can focus on the synergies and abilities of individual units rather than having to autistically memorize every damn rule in the game.

You can't paint your army looks like shit

Jesus fuck wat

What book is that?

Grand Alliance: Order

Alright, thanks

Slowly getting there. Only 2 models left and I got a 1000 pts painted and finished!
Just thought Id post it up there to show my progress so far for anyone interested.
This here is the boss, and these guys are fuckhuge! Makes my brutes looks like grots when comparing them.

Easy to defeat with my ironjawz.

Could they give Thanquol and Boneripper the Skryre keyword already? K, thanks, bye.

You cannot mix weapons with brutes except the gore choppa and the boss weapon.

He's a grey seer stupid.

He has Moulder in his keywords but Boneripper looks just like a bigger Stormfiend.

i dont see how this is hard to beat with the 2 turn system. just stay outside range until you are last and then hope you get prio.

never get into range if you are first and are outside 8 inch charge range

also why no units of 30 instead of 20. that would give you way more shots.

ogre list 1000

6 ironguts 440
3 ogres 120
3 ogres 120
bruiser standard bearer 140
tyrant 160

Boneripper is a custom rat ogre that Thanquol gets from Clan Moulder. Skyre wasn't involved in its creation as far as I know.

Now I kind of a new to AoS, but shouldn't shoting be the focus of every army? With the chance to get 2 turns back to back, an army with good shoting could decimate an opposing army.

Shooting heavy armies are never fun for your opponent unless he has the same.

At that point might as well go and play 40k.

Other than Boneripper's weaponry

there anywhere you can still get it?

Both what said and that it's a fantasy game. Fantasy doesn't do ranged combat, melee is the usual focus of fights.

T. waacfag?

There is more to the game than just 'woah you could win better/faster/harder'.

If you wanna be a raging sperlord though, I suppose you can use one of the above shooty lists. If nobody rightfully wants to play against you though...

Shooting spam armies just reminds me of getting my ass kicked playing Nids against all those cunt Tau and Eldar players.

Thank god for AoS.

Do we have any Azogorhians/ Chaos Dwarfs? Which units do you recommend? Also, which artillery do you rate? To me, it seems Iron Daemons and Deathshriekers are the only worthwhile choices. Also, pure Ba'Hal, how do they perform?

Infernal Guard and Fireglaives are utter shit, but at least they're cheap.
Bull Centaurs and their ilk strike a nice balance between speed, brawn and durability.
All cannons are decent, with the Magmacannon being the best of the lot.
Heroes in general are pretty good, especially the named ones.

Toss the BSB, get Leadbelchers. Seriously, he's awful in melee and his buffs suck. Either get Leadbelchers, a Butcher or a Firebelly.

You had more dedication than I had, I'm impressed. I gave Nids up two years before 6th Ed Tau dropped. They're my first 40k army and I will always love their aesthetic and playstyle, but fuck are they underpowered and all because one codex writer with a hate-on for them was allowed to write their codex two times in a row.

so how's the fluff? Thinking of trying AoS out but tend not to stick with games that have shit settings. How does it stand on its own? not compared to old fantasy.

Congratulations and welcome to the hobby.

The Start Collecting boxes are exceptionally good value and tend to come with a free formation rulesheet for using each miniature from the box.

Don't forget to check out the archive links at the top of each thread to get rules, painting guides, PDF's and other useful links.

It's a metal/10 setting.

I love it.

>They're my first 40k army and I will always love their aesthetic and playstyle, but fuck are they underpowered

Same here brother. Same here...

Even with FMC spam they were hilariously shit by 7th edition to the point that the only way you could win was with unfluffy ranged-attack armies of dakkafexes and flyrants.

I still keep them in my loft in the hope of an AoS style 40k reboot one day...

#MakeTyranidsGreatAgain

Ah right. So bull centaurs guarding artillery trains as they roll up the field would be a favourable tactic and amry build?

I'm still hoping for them to take pity on us and transplant Nids to AoS as inter-galactic horrors that have come to devour the mortal realms, but I guess waiting for Age of the Emperor to save them is more likely.

I'm eagerly waiting for their new codex.

Speaking of, when ARE they getting a new Codex anyway?