Leave Magnus to me

>Leave Magnus to me

>can't even kill Magnus

Great job, faggot.

He did though. Magnus had to sell his soul to a fucking God to escape Leman Russ' wrath

boner

Did they make Leman beating up Magnus less of a tragedy than the lore before made it appear?

What was it like before?

No exact sources but I remember it being

>Magnus knows some Chaos shit going down
>Starts using magic to stop the Chaos shit
>Big E always hated that magic shit
>Sends Leman to stop the magic shit
>Leman decides to beat up the nerd

Essentially dramatic miscommunication bullshit with everyone being a hothead asshole who refuses to communicate, tho in this case it felt like Leman was the biggest asshole of them all.

>dramatic miscommunication bullshit with everyone being a hothead asshole who refuses to communicate
Literally the plot of 40k. All of it.

Magnus let Leman do all that shit though.

Space wolfs are honestly the worst faction. They don't have honor (They burned and raided Prospero and didn't even hesitate to kill their own brothers) They can't kill anything for shit, and they are way too obsessed with wolves.

But people still like them because LE VIKINGS even though they're more like Furrys.

t. Someone who with common sense and isn't Magnus. He is too smart, handsome, and intelligent and not a furry to write a message that doesn't cause your brain to explode.

So long the novelizations preserves this beautiful, tragic clusterfuck I will be happy.

your imagination probably made a better story, is all I'm going to say

Holy shit, did you have family on Prospero or something? Show us where the Space Wolf touched you

>Magnus let Leman do all that shit though.

No, the final fight between them was real and Magnus lost it.

It's sad that I'm so certain this is true.

>just as planned

#RememberProspero004.M31

Read the name.

Personally I don't consider the burning of Prospero a tradegy at all because Magnus and the 1KS deserved what they got

>told by the Emperor to chill out on the sorcery with no reason given
>doesn't listen to him
>fuck up trying to to warn the Emperor of his favourite son turning traitor in the speediest manner he knew

>this means Magnus deserves having his planet destroyed, his legion slaughtered, and being forced to serve as a minion of Chaos for eternity.

Furfags, not even once.

>It's a Primarch shitposting thread

Unironically the worst threads on the board

To be fair Russ played right into Tnzeetch's hands. Why the fuck take orders from Horus after being given specific orders from the Emperor without checking with Emps before carrying out the new orders?

Honestly I could forgive all the Wolf shit, annoying dickbaggery, and untitled sense of self worth if it wasn't for the fact that Russ and his legion weren't massive hypocrites.

>Okay no psychic powers
>LOL we don't have psykers we draw our powers from Fenris

>Look how bad your rage is Angron
>Gets rekt, his smaller legion takes heavier losses, and in the event of Angron getting gunned down his legion wouldn't even notice until the Wolves were all dead

>Obsesses over his supposed loyalty
>Is too obsessed with his hatred of Magnus to double check that Emperor decided to order him to kill Magnus when he first told him to capture him

>Magnus let Leman do all that shit though.
Its canon that Magnus decided at that point enough was enough, and went all out. Was about to die and had to get teleported the fuck out by Tzeentch

You dont double check a direct order dumbass

>Russ killed Magnus

Heard it here first folks, 100% canon.

If I wanted a competent legion, I'd play Ultramarines.

This guy who definitely is not Magnus makes am excellent point

>Tfw the combat-oriented executioner Primarch couldn't even kill the scholar-Primarch before Tzeentch teleported him out

Shameful display.

Fuck,Magnus' soul is splintering again. Rubrics,get me the warded duct tape.

>Stands there as sorcerers pull duct tape off the roll that is placed around his finger

So concerning Rubric marines, would they count as corrupted by chaos? Considering I think that they don't have mutations and shit.

Literally dissolved by a spell drawing from the power of Chaos. Controlled by Chaos Sorcerers, and can only be controlled by Tzeentchian sorcerers.

I'm inclined to agree

The original story was sort of similar.
>Magnus tries to warn the emperor
>the message doesn't get through
>Actually causes more damage then anything else
>The Emperor assumes mistakenly that MAGNUS was the primarch that fell to chaos
> Sends the wolves to put down Magnus, thinking HE was the traitor
>The Thousand Sons don't see Russ coming and are surprised when the Wolves enter orbit.
>The wolves ravage Prospero in a surprise attack
>Magnus and his sons protect the world until russ breaks his back
>Uses the power of his sorcery to escape the planet, vowing revenge
>Flees to the eye of terror with a ruined legion
>Russ finishes ravaging prospero but also has the majority of him legion crippled and as such wasn't able to fully fight horus.
>In Eye Magnus makes a deal with Tzeentch to get revenge
>Becomes deamon primarch
>Next seen at Terra aiding Horus

It was much more sudden and surprising for the Sons and more of a real hard battle, not Magnus moping about, disabling the defenses of his world until he raged and got taken out by a lucky shot. Both legions legitamently fell on each other with their full force, the Wolves just had the advantage with a sneak attack and planetary bombardment.

It was basically the fight we all originally wanted, both Magnus and Russ duking it out over mass misunderstandings and both were victims of a tragic event. The hatred both had were far more clear and straightforward. No bullshit.

Then they decided to add more detail to a story that literally wrote itself and tried to make both right, and in return they made the story awful for both.

Magnus p much wanted to die and didn't fight to his full potential.

Yeah fuck those furries

You tell em' Gurl.

>and tried to make both right

I hate this trend so fucking much.

"Nobody is bad guys, they all goodguys"
"Nobody is bad in their own story"

Fuck that shit.

FUCK
THAT
SHIT

>the message doesn't get through

The message got through. The Emperor did not believe it.

>>In Eye Magnus makes a deal with Tzeentch to get revenge

He made a deal with Tzeentch and sold his soul way before the HH to cure the Flesh Change.

>1k sons desperately cling to the HH tripe because it makes the 1k sons less unreprenant assholes in actively fucking about with Warp powers.

It's painfully obvious the HH writers are a bunch of butthurt Chaos fagboys anyway, nobody is allowed to be morally justified unless they're chaos primarchs.

At the end of the day, who is the fuckboy to a chaos god like a puppet and who is trying to fix the heresy's mistakes.

So what's the deal with Fagnus now?

>leave leviathan to me

You do when you have direct orders from even higher up, numb nuts.

>(They burned and raided Prospero and didn't even hesitate to kill their own brothers)

That's their job though, they are the executioner legion.

Big E sends Russ when one of his sons betrays him

See legions II and XI

>they have no honor

Sounds like noodle brained psycher nerd butthurt to me.

>hurp derp
>I discovered my brother is a dirty chaotic
>better break my fathers laws and get buttmad when he censures me for it instead of using the phone or sending my entire legion to Terra to aid in its defense

>oh shit daddy is sending best(also most loyal) primarch to collect me for galactic spankings
>turn on the AA!
>better become a chaos follower since I am an antisocial NEET who can only have conversations through the warp

Thought it went
>Magnus punctured webway
>Deamons pour in
>Magnus bails without telling big E his message
>Big E sends wolves to arrest Magnus (Knowing they would probably kick his teeth in but bring him alive)
>Horus still pretending to be loyal told wolves Big E changed his mind and wanted Magnus dead

>>Magnus punctured webway
>>Deamons pour in
>>Magnus bails without telling big E his message

I was under the impression that Terran psychers were doing some tech support on the webway and Magnus bruteforcing his way into it killed them all.

>>Magnus bails without telling big E his message

The message got across. In the novel, Russ talks about it. He says that Magnus accessed Horus with the message and that nobody believes him. The only way Russ would know this is if the Emperor told him.

Magnus broke some of wards of the Webway and killed plenty of people. The Emperor rage and his released counter force broke the rest of the wards.

In Index Astartes the story goes that Magnus, using his witchcraft finds evidence of Horus' betrayal and presents it to the Emperor. Emperor is horrified of this warp bullshit and tells Magnus "no, John, you're the daemons" and disconnects their psychic link with such force it cause the psychic wards across the Imperial palace to shoot lightning. Then Emperor tells Russ by his side to go do that thing he does.

Webway portal and Magnus' message not getting through was added later (original Visions?). As I believe was that Russ was ordered to capture Magnus and bring him to the Emperor, but he got a little murderhobo and razed the planet instead.

Now, as I remember from the FW books, Russ was told by the Emperor to capture Magnus, but Horus intercepted the Wolves and convinced Russ that "nah, just kill them, Leman, kill them all" and Russ did.

Once again HH retcons makes everyone a retard. Instead of the Emperor being horrified of the heresies of Magnus and ordering Russ to destroy this planet of witches and Chaos sympathizers, we get Russ ignoring the Emperor's direct orders and just going "gee, when you put it like that, I guess I'll just burn the place to the ground instead of doing what I was specifically told to do."

>we get Russ ignoring the Emperor's direct orders and just going

I remember Horus contacting Russ and manipulating him from the HH novels.

You better cite pages from the novels because as I remember Russ didn't want to kill Magnus.

>magnus antisocial
>russ has no primarch friends becaus he is an babaric furry

Ok

>most potent of human psykers in the galaxy on a planet that is still loyal
>turns them all to chaos.

So, Leman russ is the Mr Bean of primarchs right?

I'm sick of these 'worst primarch' threads popping up.

Then stop posting in them Lorgar

>I remember Horus contacting Russ and manipulating him from the HH novels.

Which is also in one of the FW books, which is what I'm talking about.

>Leviathan
>not Slaanesh

And it was in the HH novels and Bjorn calls out Russ for eagerly obeying Horus in the novells "Wolf King".

What novel has a character telling primarchs have daddy issues?

Vulkan wouldn't have fucked things up nearly as much.

If Vulkan was sent over, he would have done so with peace and understanding, bringing friendship to Prospero. Magnus and him would have bonded and everything would've been water under the bridge.

>Leave Leman to me

>"Magnus, you're under arrest. The Emperor wants you brought before him in person. I don't want to fight you, but I will if you resist."

Then, if Magnus goes peacefully, he could just try convincing Big E in person. The Horus Heresy would have full strength Wolves and 1K Sons on the loyalist side and chaos gets stomped.

Official Primarch combat ability levels

Official official or "Official"?

In any case, I more or less agree with the listing.

Magnus likely could have beaten Russ in a straight up 1 on 1 duel. But Russ had a lot of support on Prospero, enough to give him the edge.

(Correct my if I'm wrong, but he did have a bunch of blanks/Sisters of Silence with him right?)

I'd honestly disagree with that list if only because I'd argue combat potential over combat ability. Magnus was straight-up a scholar and, from a tactical and combat-sense perspective was likely massively inferior to most Primarchs, instead having an advantage through sheer monstrous psychic power.

Not really. Horus would have told Vulkan that the Emperor wanted Magnus and his Legion exterminated and the exact same result would have ensued

Would Vulkan have bought it as easily as Russ?

Magnus in BL at least is basically Dr. Manhattan. He has transcendent psychic powers that can BTFO anybody save the Emperor but chooses not to use them.

We all know who the Emps should have sent

If he did, he'd at least call ahead
>"Hey, Magnus, sorry, but Horus told me Dad said I have to set your planet on fire. I'll be there in a couple hours."

this

Get him, brother!

Technically the Emperor wasn't higher up than Horus. The Emperor turned over all military affairs to Horus numb nuts

holy fuck that pic is hilarious

Russ was good friends with Sangy, Dorn and Constin Valdor who is pretty much a Primarch. Valdor was also the one who egged Russ on to burn Prospero to the ground

Paying child support

In Know No Fear, it's pointed out that there aren't more than seven people in the entire Imperium who can beat Guilliman in a swordfight. Horus, Emps, Russ, MAYBE Lion, the others are left ambiguous.

Yeah but like 20 pages lated Roboute gets smacked down by Kor Phaeron, and he isn't even a Space Marine

What kind of shlong-swallowing cockgoblin puts the Lord of Iron at anything less than God Tier?!

Pert a bitch

We literally see Angron kick his shit in, him escaping only because Lorgar and the World Eater Librarians decide to fuck around fighting over Angron's basic existence.

This is after the Ultramarines lose one of their EMPEROR titans to some warhounds when THEY were the ones attacking.

Ultramarines are a shit in the heresy era.

Wow, which book was that?

>Leave Russ to me

Angron has retard strength though, so it doesn't really count, and plus Rowboat was all tired because he just got done kicking the fuck out of Lorgar.

I'm sure Lennox Lewis would struggle to beat Mike Tyson after having to beat up Evander Holyfield

Guilliman struggles against Improved Lorgar and gets his shit wrecked by Angron

Read Betrayer

Gulliman is fighting Lorgar and gaining the upper hand. Right as he is about to win and he is finishing his "I hate you lorgar so much" monologue Angron comes barreling in and destroys the fucker. It wasn't even close to an even fight.

The same book describes a conflict between russ and Angron, before the heresy, that leads to a fight. In the fight the world eaters pretty much beat down the wolves entirely however Russ gets himself into a position where he can kill Angron with his space wolves, but to go through with it would allow the World Eaters time to cut off the wolves' chance of escape and dooming them to an chainaxe death. Angron calls russ a bitch and tells him to the pull the trigger, russ runs and later acts like he won that fight.

That book ALSO mentions that Angron and Horus are the only primarchs that Lorgar, with his prophetic chaos vision, sees as able to possibly kill Sanguinius and that Lorgar needed to save Angron from the Nails to ensure that Angron tries to kill the angel first.

Basically Angron is the great humbler of the fucking setting, putting both Gully and russ in their places and being in the trinity of Horus, Sanguinius, and Horus for best fighters among the legions.

Russ doesn't belong in the same tier as Lion and Angron. He has been proven inferior to both.

It's long been a fixture of canon that Russ can't beat Lion in a fight. Hell, he couldn't even win when he had 24 hours straight to do it and the first punch. The moment Lion truly gave a shit, Russ dropped.

Russ couldn't beat Angron, either. He tried and got his shit pushed in, and that was with all his Legion watching.

There should be a an above average tier for good fighters that can't deliver like Russ, while High Tier should be reserved for Primarchs of victory and resilience like Lion, Fulgrim and Angron.

>It wasn't even close to an even fight.

Yeah I would imagine a tired Gulliman wouldn't be a match for a rested Angron. Also even Lorgar called Angron out on his retardness in that fight against Russ

>the trinity of Horus, Sanguinius and Horus
stop posting Angron

>The moment Lion truly gave a shit, Russ dropped

Lion falcon punched him when Russ stopped fighting and started laughing, wasn't really like Lion won in a straight up fight

>tired Gulliman
>Rested Angron

Gulliman launched an assault on the planet and Lorgar was one of the first foes he fought. Angron fought his way through an army of ultramarines in a warzone to reach them. If anyone was tired by that point it was Angron, especially with the mind fuck of the occasion on him as well.

Guilliman being "tired" is bullshit, he was the most rested, least distracted, and more active player in that engagement... and he got destroyed. Of course this is the guy that lost to a non-marine old man as well...

Fighting another Primarch vs fighting a bunch of Space Marines is not even comparable, even if the Primarch is a bitch boy like Lorgar.

Would Vulkan actually buy what Horus said after being told by the Big E himself to just capture Magnus? Considering how part of the factor of what made Russ just destroy Prospero was his own hatred, something that Vulkan lacks.

>Angron fought his way through an army of Red Shirts

ftfy

Russ tried to convince Magnus to surrender peacefully through what everyone thought was a Hidden One. Russ wasn't the bloodthirsty monster half this thread seems to make him out to be

isn't this guy named after a tank?

Vulkan specifically said in the days before the Dropsite Massacre that Horus didn't feel normal to him any more. He even withholds a Masterwork Thunder Hammer he had meant to give as a gift because Horus was making him so uneasy.

Pretty much yea. Also he left his whole legion to yiff and die out.

Nice meme fagtron. Like Vulkan, Corax, Khan, and all the traitor primarchs did their legions any better

Primarchs are known to fight for DAYS before showing signs of fatigue. Hell space marines have gone for a week without wear. The idea that a 10 minute fight between two of them would "tire" one is a joke and a poor excuse at best. Your all idiots.

Did russ leave an orbital cannon and spaceship forge along with 7 other kickass relics for his sons when he left? What, instead he took their top 12 warriors with him and never were seen again? ok cool bro

Angron led his men to a nice grimdark slaughter.
every ultramarine is special snowflake desu.

>Your all idiots
>Your

You need some tissues for those anal fissures u butthurt autist