What's the best Lore of Magic and why is it Metal?

What's the best Lore of Magic and why is it Metal?

Because TASTE GOLD MAGIC.

Gelt has one of the greatest VA's in Total War.

>Warhammer Fantasy is Dead
>Just as the Total War game comes out and shows everyone how cool it is

I want civilization to collapse so that society can be punished for its indolence in lettting WHF die.

Because it's thematic, and allows to both specialize and diversify mage's knowledge, depending on the setting.

Versatility mostly.

>Human wizards

I see you've been talking shit like I wouldn't find out

I prefer light and shadow, but gold is a close third.

>Slann
>awake while doing magic

Nigger what?

>Slann
>Being alive while casting magic

A single daemon prince (picture related) was stated be equal to a group of Slaan in magical power.

Slaan a shit when compared to daemonic mages

>be'lakor
>no mention of which generation
>no mention of the state of the winds
opinion discarded

the lore has stated for editions that the slann had the upper hand when fighting daemons as long as the winds don't behave uncontrollably.
The power levels are not linear.

I really think it was the other way round. If I recall correctly daemon ROE for dealing with Slaan is the Brannigan protocol.

And then he got crushed by rocks.

Lizardmen and the Slann are GOAT.

Nope, Be'lakor cannot be hurt by mundane physical damage. Only magical things can harm him.

Also in AoS, an Orruk Shaman defeated a Slaan. Happened twice against two separate Slaan

Yeah, and Gork/Mork could kick the shit out of the Chaos gods if they ever decided to stop beating the shit out of each other.

Nope, Gork and Mork were defeated and sent running by Archaon. Gork and Mork are weaklings compared to the Chaos Gods and their champion.

No other lore's 6th spell punishes deathstar hordes crammed with characters as hard as Final Transmute
Feels good deleting your opponent's tooled-up general and a dozen more models with him

And now one of the Chaos gods is imprisoned, three new gods have been born, and Chaos is on the run across the realms.

Final victory seems to have fucked Chaos pretty hard.

Actually, that's probably the one thing I actually appreciate about AoS. It's a lot more hopeful.

>paying any attention to Age of Sigmar

What are you? 8 years old?

Actually, Order scored big gains in Life and Fire. However, Chaos still controls the majority of those two realms.

Death and Metal are firmly in Chaos's.

The Status of the wars in Light and Shadow are unknown currently.

The Realm of the Beast is currently an intense warzone between Destruction, Chaos, and Order. With Chaos losing their Allgate there, advantage went to Destruction.

Stop being bitter and accept the future.

SO if I come round to your house burnt it down, shot you in the gut, and left you to die saying " You look unhappy. Stop being bitter and accept the future." you would?

He'd certainly have to work from there and not ignore his wounds, dipshit.

>age of sigmar shit

Well I thought that it was the Seraphon who dropped the rocks on Be'lakor and seeing as the Seraphon are just constructs brought about via the memorys of the Slann. Wouldn't that make all damage dealt by the Seraphon magical?

Well, getting shot is a lot different than ultimately unimportant changes to the setting of a game created to sell expensive plastic army men. So I think you should re-evaluate what matters to you.

the rocks were magical even in the old world, because of magic runes

The WD issue was in 7th ED WHFB which was nearly, I think, a decade before AoS and the Seraphon were released.

Where did you get the idea it was the Seraphon?

Not really.

1d4chan. They put the pics of it on the AOS page under Seraphon.

Then the guy who did it was an idiot.

is this a motorhead album?

Going back and looking at WHFB after playing total war, the magic looks like total bullshit.

Half if the spells seem to be save-or-die shit, for the WHOLE unit and even discounting that there are spells that destroy wargear or preminantly lower characteristics, giving the model no save at all against this.
How are you supposed to just avoid everything valuable in your army just being deleted with a single spell? Just stock up on shitloads of these dispel scrolls?
As bad as 40k powers can be they're not in this kind of power level.

It's like you don't gank the mage. What a pleb.

>Mojo as a wizard

Hmmm...

As strong as spells like Final Trans might seem, they really can't take out a big unit in one go. Countering your opponents magic is about making choices on what to allow past, what to save for, and when to use your one-use defences
I see plenty of games where neither player will allow each other to get off any spells of real significance at all

MAAHHGIK

RUUUUOOONS

>How are you supposed to just avoid everything valuable in your army just being deleted with a single spell?
Don't stack half your army's points in one single hurrdurr unit
Maybe death-stars can rule the battlefield unchecked in 40k, but not fantasy

Fuck off-you man-thing!

I really like the aesthetics of the bright order but magic wise light and shadow take the cake. I don't know how useful they are in the tabletop tho because I only play the rpg and mordheim.

A lord on a dragon isn't valuable enough to target? A unit of elite infantry? It doesn't have to be a Death Star'.

40k is moving away from Death Stars anyway, as more destroyer weapons/attacks are introduced and psychic powers that reduce/remove saves. 40k is like a game of rocket tag these days.

I'm pretty sure his feelings got hurt when he had to crown a mortal as Everchosen.

>defeated by rocks
>defeated by dementia
While the best wizard is still not-alive and kicking

First of all, the daemon in the WD report wasn't Be'lakor for a myriad of lore reasons one of them being that Be'lakor cannot use Chaos rifts to enter reality.

Second, Warrior sorcerer spec > Full Mage spec.

Going by AoS, not that much. In WHFB he hated crowning the Everchosen because he wanted to be the Everchosen himself. This made him jealous and bitter.

AoS changed his lore by making him the First Everchosen who got bored of his position and abandoned it to seek out his own place in reality and pursue his own dreams.

>archaon is my husband
>leave him alone
btw the chaos side of the art looks like shit

High Magic.

Archy still has the best art in all AoS!

I'd say the only good art in AoS

shut up, carnac. your shitty demon husbando got btfo by rocks and you can't deal with it. Denial is normal, but you have to accept things.

Rocks cannot harm shadows and Be'lakor cannot use Chaos doors.

Checkmate.

>implying

Gotta love the art direction of AoS.
It's like one of my animes!

Gold
Always believe in your soul
You've got the power to know
You're indestructible
Always believe in, because you are
Gold
Glad that you're bound to return
There's something I could have learned
You're indestructible, always believing

It's just cool and great against armored targets like Chaos Warriors and it's versatile.

It always wondered about that mask Gelt had. Is he a Stormcast Eternal who time traveled, a wizard who saw into the future or what Stormcast Eternal wizards will look like.

I think he's just wearing a golden mask because he's the head of the gold college. Not everything in fantasy has to be related to AoS.

It's either because he was horribly mutilated in a magical lab explosion, or it's not a mask and his skin was turned to gold in the explosion.

He wears the mask because he was injured in an accident. No one knows what his disfigurement is. Maybe he's horrifically burned, maybe his skin has been turned to gold or maybe he's just a big guy.

>AoS changed his lore by making him the First Everchosen who got bored of his position and abandoned it to seek out his own place in reality and pursue his own dreams.

That's just fucking stupid.

Look man, I don't understand why you can't handle getting banished once. So he got shoved back into the warp for a century, big deal.

Insisting he's perfectly undefeatable makes him boring and tedious, and you annoying

I know that, just curious. I wish we could see his face but that would take the mystery of it. Damn Mannfred for killing him.

>Damn Mannfred for killing WHFB.

FTFY

But user...

That is his face.

8th edition was shittastic. That's litteraly why the game died and they never tried making it better.

Be'lakor was defeated many times but in ways that fit his lore.

The daemon in that liz event was not Be'lakor because Be'lakor cannot exit through Chaos rifts and he cannot be hurt by physical damage. Furthermore, he is powerful enough to withstand tremendous amount of damage from godllike dudes and godly weapons.

>Insisting he's perfectly undefeatable makes him boring and tedious, and you annoying

What a poor strawman.

>Slann
>awake while doing magic

>Nigger what?

Except that happens a lot

Rock on, Be'lakor.

Be'lakor is cancer no matter the setting.

Can't have the ultimate Mary Sue bring unsue'ish.

Yes really.

Furthermore Lustria as a whole is a sacred ground.

The natural place for shadows is to be under rocks.

The Be'lakor fans and shitposting is really worse than the character himself.

>Rocks cannot harm shadows and Be'lakor cannot use Chaos doors
Rocks were holy, door was not conventional.

He got hit by the shadow of the rocks. It's like when you fight fire with fire.

Not really.

Nothing on them says that these runes are magical.

>door was not conventional.

Now this is shitposting. Be'lakor stated to not being able to exit the Realm of Chaos like other daemons. This inculdes not being able to use Warp rifts.

And there is no more special than the two in North and South which he can't use at all.

If that's the case, then he would have been hit by the shadows of all those spears and swords thrown at him.

Checkmate.

Be'lakor haters are way worse. They won't let go even when proven wrong~

Much like a pig, Be'lakor can't look up. So he didn't see the rocks coming.

The only part I hate about Be'lakor is the retarded idea that he is the only undivided daemon prince. If the retconned that horrible idea I would be fine with him.

The daemon in the WD was looking and saw the rocks coming at him. The rocks dragged the daemon down which shouldn't be possible for Be'lakor since he is a living darkness with no shape or form until he will it. Only magical things can harm him and even that is difficult because powerful magic weapons like the Slayer of Kings passed straight through Be'lakor when he saw them coming.

You will just have to wait for Lorgar ro be released in 40K according to the new 40K rumors. There is a chance that he might remain an Undivided Daemon which will piss me off because that steals from Be'lakor's character and nearly ruins it.

Anyways, Archaon was recently confirmed to be the only true champion of Chaos Undivided. The only living mortal in the fantasy/AoS setting who carries the blessing and power of all Four Gods.

Nobody hates on the guy for it. Nobody cares. Even of you guys hate him for him or care. You all are hypocrites.

>Not the real Lord of metal.

Be'lakor should be ruined since he ruined Unidivded first.

Actually. saved it because before his intro into 40K, they were going to scrap it from the two settings. They cannot remove Undivided from Be'lakor because it's an essential part of his character and the point of his existence.

>Orruk
>AoS
Nah fuck right off

Grot.
Gargant
Aelf
Duadrin
Ogor
Soulblight
Deadwalker
Deathrattle
Seraphon

And it goes on.

I don't know what most of those are supposed to be

That's just proof that GW needs a better creative staff.

It doesn't really matter why he wears the mask. Personally I'm more concerned about his plan.

In order: Goblin, giant, Elf, Dwarf, Ogre, Ghost, Zombie, Skeleton, Lizardman.

>Ghost

Soulblight is vampire.

Nothing says they aren't, but considering the use of glyphs and inscriptions in the setting it is more probable they are.
Also lustria is considered a holy territory, it was turned into a magically augmented living trap to fight daemons, from pools that defy physics to trees that eat souls, the lizardmen spread on the whole continent augmenting magic or the magical leakings of the leylines.

>all warp rifts are the same
you know this is bullshit and are purposefully dealing in negative absolutes equalling the portal of xhautec to conventional rifts or the ones at the poles when if it was like one of the poles it would have behaved like the artifact below middenheim and start devouring all, while if it was like the ones used by conventional daemonic forces it wouldn't be physical, while the one at xhautec emerged from a growth of the ground itself.

you're also disregarding completely the possibility that someone was involved with the eruption of the portal and that be'lakor might have come from that pact.

t. belakorfag