Is tabletop gaming safe from SJWs?

Is tabletop gaming safe from SJWs?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master/slave_(technology)#Appropriateness_of_usage
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, as long as you don't play with SJWs.

/thread

SJW here.
No. Nothing is safe. DEUS VULT!

Of course it fucking is. It is entirely a series of games that is created by the group that plays them, so unless you're willingly play with a group of SJW, then they will have literally zero bearing on your game. So take your SJW boogeyman bullshit back to whatever board you came from please, because there is not a hobby on earth that could be safer.

>Game where you can be anything you want, with no judgement from anyone.

Tabletops are made FOR SWJs. you're just so inept that it fits your profile of self-deprecating sadness too.

That, and we've been here long before these little altright kiddies decided they were the lords and masters of it. I blame a severe lack of knowledge and learning, and a consistent philosophy of feels before reals (which they'll deny at all costs).

>sjw boogeyman

>killing orcs makes you a fascist
>every adventurer party has blacks in it
>every tabletop setting has an africa/china analogue
>women suffer no stat penalties
you tell me OP

Usual shit: Depends if the authors get in on it, like they have in WoD. But proto-SJWs were always the target audience for wod anyway.

>killing orcs makes you a fascist
what setting
>every adventurer party has blacks in it
So one of your players always makes a black character? If it bothers you so much maybe ask him to stop?
Since at least 70 years
>women suffer no stat penalties
And almost no system did that,because it's simply unfun and unnecessary. It's a fantasy world after all

Is /tg safe from OP's faggotry? Signs point to no

No. Just look at the cancer of giantitp. SJWs AND powergamers, what a mix!

No. Just look at Pathfinder of Magic.
The last great bastion is probably miniature wargames, but even there is not safe.

Onyx Path? Yep, it already is infested. You can look at the biggest cancer of the industry - rpg.net, to see how forgone the industry really is.

Wargaming is expensive enough and has an upfront talent commitment to keep them out. everything else is fucked

RPG,net

Take a gander and learn how cancer works.

fuck off SJW

I'm just lying here fascinated that people with little or no interest in games or fantasy are willing to spend their time with people they don't like, just to start arguments about things those people don't give a rat's ass about.

No one is safe from Fred Hicks, he's like the Sam Hyde of Veeky Forums

What did they do to WoD?

OP, your queston is basically "are nerds safe from bullies?"

Obviously not. Nerds don't have the socoal acumen to defend themselves, that's what nerd means to begin with, and no one is going to stand up for them.

>tabletop safe from SJW's
>muh safe space
either good bait or nietsche was right with that abyss thing everybody loves to quote

OP, lemme tell you a little secret. Noone can force you to play with SJWs. There is no Lord of Tabletop Gaming who can mandate each group meeting some minimum diversity quota. If you don't want to interact with them, just get together a group that agrees.

>Nietzsche was right with that abyss thing
Have you seen American social politics recently? Nietzsche was pretty smart, it turns out.

As long as you avoid and/or kill them on sight.

as a dude who likes dick, they can go way overboard in their 'defense' of 'minorities'.

>more reasons to avoid LARP and freeform
Not that I needed an excuse.

Also, $20 says that "This Miracle" mocks religion outright rather than admit any virtues at all of it.

>They weren't around when WhiteWolf were pandering to SJWs in the 90's

Yeah. I don't think that's exactly how I would describe it, but if your games survived White Wolf making games for "the liberals" way back in the 90s at the height of WoD's popularity, you'll survive whatever indie gamers produce games for their circles now.

>larpwright

>You'll survive whatever indie gamers produce games for their circles now.
Which are casual, rule-light games based on simple rules and high-concept settings. Things couldn't be better.

>muh free market

Conservatards can't have it both ways. Game companies are perfectly within their rights to stop doing business with other companies based on their actions or statements. If you disagree with their decisions, don't purchase their goods and/or services.

Back in the 90s, SJWs were just liberals. Not the destructive force they are today.

Please, it went way above "making games for the liberals", you lost humanity for accidentally referring to somebody with the wrong pronouns.

>you lost humanity for accidentally referring to somebody with the wrong pronouns
Could you post a screencap of that rule, along with a screencap of the copyright date of the book in which the rule is found?

This doesn't work, tabletop game companies have never been anything even approaching a free market, the people writing shit in the 80's are still writing shit now, there has been literally zero introduction of new talent into the industry in 30 years.

That's true. Just the other day I picked up Lasers and Feelings, that new game by Arneson.

>there has been literally zero introduction of new talent into the industry in 30 years

I'm sure the industry people in their early 30s must be pretty talented to have landed a job in kindergarten.

You know, even real life has an africa/china analogue. Is it an sjw setting too?

Now that I think about it, the first time I ever really saw something that you would call a SJW was on the WotC forums years ago. Long before I started seeing the term 'SJW' thrown around.

There was this sub forum called Astrid's Parlor, which I guess was supposed to be some vague safe space for girls. Mostly they just spent their time complaining about the art in the rulebooks.

While I have no idea what a "freeform" game is, none of these seem interesting enough for me to want to care to find out. Also facilitator? Really? Is GM too mainstream a term to use for the person running the game?

>Implying they are destructive
>Implying similar shit wasn't hurled at liberals in 90s
>Implying conservatives don't just need extra dose of Preparation H each morning for day-to-day activity
>Implying any of this has ANYTHING to do with Veeky Forums

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master/slave_(technology)#Appropriateness_of_usage

>In 2003,[5] the County of Los Angeles in California asked that manufacturers, suppliers and contractors to stop using "master" and "slave" terminology on its products.[5][6] The decision was taken by the county "based on the cultural diversity and sensitivity of Los Angeles County".[5] Following outcries about the decision, the County of Los Angeles issued a statement saying that the decision was "nothing more than a request".[5] Due to the controversy, the term was selected as the most politically incorrect word in 2004 by Global Language Monitor.[7]

>In May 2014, GitHub user fcurella submitted a pull request[8] to the GitHub repository for the Python framework Django, initially changing it to "leader/follower" and finally to "primary/replica".[9] This triggered an active discussion of the appropriateness of the master/slave terminology as well as the appropriateness of the change.

>In June 2014, Drupal 8 did the same as Django did, citing that the word "replica" is already in use by IBM, Microsoft, Engine Yard, Amazon Web Services, and ACM.[10]

>there has been literally zero introduction of new talent into the industry in 30 years
Stop playing D&D then
Because I'm not even sure from where you have your delusion

welcome to Veeky Forums.

>there are women in position of power
>whites aren't in charge of everything
>gay people have rights
My god, SJWs have infected everything.

>OMG this game is problematic!
versus
>Fucking SJW ruin everything!
Identity politics (left AND right) was a mistake.

So if I've got this down right, people were getting upset over the terminology used for computer technology by confusing it with another definition of those same words. This again looks like much ado about nothing, because using master/slave in that context literally has nothing to do with actual slavery and mistaking it for such just sounds like someone looking for reasons to be upset. Though for sake of argument, why not just use Primary/Secondary then, I'd still probably end up using Master/slave since there's less syllables to actually have to use to say it and certainly sounds quicker to say which means it's really born out of laziness than malevolence.

I'm noticing the same deflection tactics being used when they infiltrated Journalism and left the entire market unprofitable, bankrupt and disconnected from its audience.

Frankly, these all look fairly standard in the genre of Nordic LARPs.

>is it possible to avoid an inclusive group?

maybe? since you'd have to be part of that group for it to be a problem to begin with.

Oh, hey! The /pol/ furries are here! Aww... Your blatancy is adorable!

Actually, it can get worse. A good example is Exalted, which was considered really progressive for it's time. The canonical heroes in 2E were, respectively:

- A grizzled male mercenary. (Dace)
- A badass black man. (Panther)
- An animu bishonen. (Swan)
- A feminist, and kind of a fucking bitch, but also a bit of a tsundere (Arianna)
- A black woman. (Harmonious Jade.)

This is already pretty diverse, right? It's worth noting that all of the above are heterosexual, particularly Arianna and Harmonious Jade who show clear attraction to men.

What's the 3E circle?

- Prince Diamond (Woman who identifies as a man, gets violent and bitchy if you don't agree.)
- Visiting Flare (Male, uses ambiguous pronouns, refers to himself in third person. Homosexual.)
- Perfect Soul (Female, Strong Womyn, gained her Exaltation by telling the God in charge of her Exaltation to fuck off and desecrating his temple.)
- Volfer (Male bara barbarian, bisexual.)

Do you SEE what I fucking MEAN?

>gained her Exaltation by telling the God in charge of her Exaltation to fuck off and desecrating his temple
Wait, what? how does that work.

No, SJWs must be challenged at every juncture. They spread like a cancer. Just compare the stuff in WoD with NWoD.

WoD had plenty of homosexuals, but it was done in a more understated way. NWoD culminated in Otherkin: The Otherkining, complete with the main antagonists being Internet trolls, Gamergate, and white males. (I mean, everyone remembers Beast, right? Remember that shit?)

This is literally Perfect Soul's backstory. She goes to a temple of the Unconquered Sun, and tells his statue "Fuck you, what did you ever fucking do for me?" and destroys it.

Presto, Zenith Caste Exaltation.

>Implying they are destructive
Hugely so. It's probably one of the most dangerous political movements active today.

Why do the antibodies to this horrificly fatal disease look so similar to the antibodies fir this other closely related but mostly benign and harmless bacteria? Obviously, this means diseases are a lie!

>Implying any of this has ANYTHING to do with Veeky Forums
Traditional gaming culture is going to be targeted. That's just the world we live in. Apolitical social interaction isn't permissible. Veeky Forums ignoring that isn't going to help.

Also, you would think that Swan would be the faggy one, but no. He's in a love triangle with Arianna and Lilith, though Lilith also wants to kill him. Even Lilith is stated to be 'female to the very core', and Arianna is seen shacking up with several men over the course of the chapter comics.

The problem i have is that they want SOOOOO badly to be good little enlightened that they can't write for shit.
Good: Character is gay, one of many character traits, maybe mentions it in passing like "When this mission is over let's relax a little. Tell you what cookout at my place and you're all invited, my boyfriend makes the best damn barbecue you ever had." or just a sorta the classic
"New guy is trying to impress Rebecca by showing her how good a shot he is at the practice range" "you told him she's a lesbian right? and that she's a sniper with cyber implants that let her shoot a cigar out of a guy's mouth at a mile and a half right?" "Nooope" "You're a dick dude... lets go watch"
Bad: HEEEEEY EVERYBODY! I KNOW WE'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF A BATTLE FOR OUR LIVES BUT I REALIZED ITS BEEN A WHOLE SEVEN MINUTES SINCE I SAID HOW MUCH I LOVE THE DICK! BOY OH BOY DO I LOVE COCK IN MY BUTT. CAUSE I"M GAAAAY, SO GAY!"
Or when the guy on an elite team of professional mercs or special forces acts like a sassy prancing drag queen because thats the only way they know to write "gay".

pardon my /v/ but i remember they said the next Resident Evil game will have a gay character and my first thought was "okay, but when will that come up on an anti-bioweapon mission?"

Are these the only characters in 3E

Top is the 2E circle. Prince Diamond and all that were newly introduced in 3E.

Loud and proud has a whole new meaning these days. I guess they realised that nobody was bothered by pride parades, so they made their life into a pride parade in the hopes that they'll march somewhere it will raise a stink.

In essence, yes.

inb4 some human stain says no game is apolitical and no human interaction is divorced from politics

Game Master carries racist and misogynist undertones.

More like it implies we are playing his story, instead of all coming together to make a story.

Game manager is a better term.

The SJW mentality is a lot like racism. Just because someone said mean things to you 20 fucking years ago that doesn't mean it's a justification for the shit you give moderates now.

I was blind but now I see.
>Captcha: sign in arab runes

Man I miss when gays were in the closet. Now everyone's screaming about how unique they are at the top of their lungs.

Yeah, but do the old ones still exist? Are the three uberfaggots the only named or example characters still canon?

>Have a fairly popular Twitch channel
>Talk with people and audiences from around the gaming community on broadcasts regularly.
>One of the most common topics people insist on bringing up is "Gender/race/sexuality representation in players".
>Someone asks, people I'm talking to go on and on about how it's important, it matters, we need to be safe spaces, etc.
>My turn to speak: "I don't care. I don't care who you are or what you do outside of the table, it doesn't matter to me."
>Everyone looks at me like I just praised Hitler or something.

God fucking dammit I hate this community and all of you in it. I hate that I have to interact with these people in order to have a job. I hate gaming because of this shit.

I prefer Master of Ceremonies. Idea of a conductor who also leaves space for the acts, plus MC is fun to say.

I'm still waiting for a screencap of this rule from the 1990s.

Do you get to bring around a mallet for games to stop arguments and call it " the MC's Hammer"?

It doesn't exist because it is bullshit.

You don't have to be /pol/ to see SJ as a threat to democracy.
Right now the British government is seriously considering changing their definition of a hate crime to "any incident the victim feels was hateful", which is backwards in two ways.
First, under this definition, a hate crime would not need to be a crime. It could be an action that's otherwise perfectly legal, so the person who complains is assumed to be a "victim" in all cases, when it's possible they're just a crybaby.
Second, the status of hate crime would be determined by the victim's feelings rather than the suspect's intent or motive. If someone wants to be a victim, they will take offense to literally anything. It will be considered a crime to call a black prepubescent male a "boy" if his mother interprets that word as racist.
Social Justice has power and it is fucking scary.

>you
>he says, to one of the rightmost RPG communities in existence

Perhaps you were looked down on because you were casually dismissive of something people care about. Generally, people don't like to have topics of great passion shot down. The slightest bit of social acumen would have told you, as a "fairly popular" entertainer, that the response was inappropriate, but you chose to martyr yourself then bitch about it on Veeky Forums.

First, Veeky Forums isn't "right-wing". Veeky Forums has always been completely left-wing, and the last few years started playing at pretending to be on the extreme right because it pisses people off, but given the opportunity to be contrarian, you'd be posting "#ImWithHer".

Second, yeah you. I mean, it sure as fuck isn't me, because I didn't enable this shit. But you did. You turned Veeky Forums into a hugbox, you helped the safe-spacers take over, you pushed for "more representation in games".

If it wasn't you personally, it was the guy next to you. It doesn't matter. The point is, it wasn't me, and the collective of you ruined everything about gaming, and really society in general with this new bullshit.

But I know you started it, the second you felt the need to ever say "Stop being mean!" on Veeky Forums, or spoon-feed the idiots asking the same retard questions every day, doing it specifically because you know that coddling and enabling retards is contrarian enough to make the people old enough to have had to learn things on their own mad.

So yeah, it was you.

Oh, I almost forgot.
This proposed new definition of hate crime would only apply to VICTIMFEELS regarding specific groups of people on a list which does not include males or whites, effectively making white males second-class citizens under the law, albeit to a very minor degree at first.
If a BLM riot mob (why does that even exist outside the US?) went around beating up random white people explicitly because they're white, that would no longer be considered a hate crime because they wouldn't be on the official list of victim groups.

I think the 2E Circle still exists, but they aren't mentioned any longer.

And here we have the death knell of ideas and personal liberty in general. "You should just go along with it because it's popular, even if you don't believe it."

There's only one opinion that's allowed to be had. Just toe the line. What's the worst that could happen?

>Play D&D with a SJW girl
>Don't give a fuck
>Me and my bro are playing monks
>With masks that allow us to cast the prestidigitation cantrip whenever we want
>We are luchadores
>Mechanically we are just monks (him way of the fist, me way of the elements for flashier moves)
>First woman we meet in the game is a leader of cult group
>Call her a knife-eared gringo
>Leap through the air and land with my crotch in her face (1st unarmed attack)
>Flip backwards and bury her head in the ground (2nd unarmed attack)
>Spend a ki-point for final attack to kick her in the chin so she is knocked up to her regular height
>Bro clotheslines her for his first attack
>She spins upside down and he gives her a tombstone
>Final attack we stand up and elbow drop her right in each tit (still just his attack, this is all flavor) hard enough to break her ribs (it killed the cult leader)
>SJW can't condone violence against women and refuses to play again

We met up with a rouge who served as our manager/ring side announcer and toured the realms putting on wrestling shows and challenging the townsfolks to fights. Our one shot characters ended the game with fucking careers.

And yet, Veeky Forums doing anything isn't really going to help either. What can we do? Complain on our internet board about the political direction our hobby is taking (that, more often than not, has little to no mechanical impact on the actual games?) Sure, we could refuse to buy them, but then we'd be abandoning our hobby to die. The point is, if there's no one in the industry, if there's no one with power, nothing is going to change. And no one has the kind of widespread societal power to get rid of the social justice movement in any reasonable time frame. We had warnings. We didn't listen. Now it's too late to stop any of this. Best to just buckle down and wait it out. Eventually the millenials will grow up and have their eyes opened.

It wasn't that bad...

>but then we'd be abandoning our hobby to die.

Let it die. It doesn't deserve saving.

>We would be abandoning our hobby to die

IF a company is fucktarded enough to spit on their fanbase to listen to the complaints of people who don't buy their games or support them, then that company needs to die for being idiots.

A good company will know where their bread is buttered and will take care of their fans. A bad company will try to please to everyone and make the bulk think they are trash.

What ever is popular at the time and right now PC bullshit is all the rage

I don't pipe up when my group talks about anime, despite me fucking hating anime. It's not "toeing the party line" its "not wanting to wreck a social occasion". Fucking christ you are autistic or generally incompetent. Got a video link so we can laugh at you, or will you claim you can't find it and admit you made this whole thing up?

That not at all what the user is saying. Mr. 'Fairly Popular' is the half-assed agnostic who can't be bothered to actually come up with a position and defend it. He just shrugs and says, "I dunno, I don't have an opinion, people do whatever, I don't care."

If he actually was popular, the first thing he'd know as an entertainer is that apathy wins no views. Nobody cares about the guy who doesn't care, who implies that everything is fine if everyone leaves everyone else alone but that he's the only one mature enough to do it.

If he actually had an opinion, people would care. He doesn't, so people don't look at him like Hitler. They look at him like the guy who waves the paper flag in the crowd because he was told to.

I am stupefied at how somebody would open a post bragging about their "fairly popular" channel and not realize that there are certain social stipulations in place when you're entertaining a crowd -- particularly a crowd that, established in the rest of the story, has a strong interest in discussing a certain topic that you proceed to shit on.

I'm not saying you can't have an opinion, I'm saying you shouldn't be a fuck in dismissing discussion of the opinion then be surprised that people treated you like a fuck. It was a thoughtless thing to do.

I really dont care

I hate both "sides" in this era of political shit storms and media distortion

And the fact that the SJW phenomenon continues to get into gaming illustrates that many of the companies ARE bad.
What makes you say that?

>lmao who needs beliefs im a nihilist
fuck off, fencesitter

>Many companies ARE bad

Then they need to die

you can hokmebrew anything in or out, thee are no graphics so older games do not become obsolete. TGs are safe from both /pol/acks and SJWs, and im loving it.