/hhg/

Ouchus Breathicus Edition
Primarchs are all the same age Sub-Edition
Last thread we discussed why Guilliman is the best, we managed to make the boxnought list even worse, the Death Guard make their fortifications out of gas, Knightanon finally played a game, Sigismund can beat up a Rhino, a Night Lords guy was given list advice and a massive argumebt about intellectual property or 3rd party bits or some other bullshit ocxured. See it all in the last thread. Red Books Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Age of Darkness Army List: mediafire.com/download/f0c2pnieoijyrqk/Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness Army List.pdf
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=PzsDLpNMZq0
strawpoll.me/10558764/r
m.youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY
youtu.be/LReTvx2ksUQ?t=14
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'll be civil if you're civil.

Is there a company that makes topknots or pyramid-shaped spikes?
Pic related.

first for thunder warriors

obligatory iron warriors beakies

Is that meant to be a gladius or can Blanche just not draw swords properly

Too slow
just like a Thunder Warrior

What items are worth taking on a contemptor that my iron havocs could already take sans conversion Beamer

Games-workshop. Chaos Warrior kit comes with spikes and top knots and often the least used bits in the kit, so you'll find a ton of them from bits stores for cheap.

Assauly cannons.

I can't understand you properly. Do you want the same weapon on your Havocs as on your dread or different ones?

yes ikr
don't mess with Blanche heretic

What legions would professional wrestlers go to?
>John Cena-Ultramarines
>Brock Lesnar-World Eaters
>The Rock-Sons of Horus
>Ric Flair-Emperor's Children

You're a good man. Thank you.

Chainfist, Graviton Gun, Plasma Blaster, Kheres Assault Cannon.

What's the cheapest you guys have seen the BaC characters go for I'm now looking at £9.50

Dude Blanchistu was one of the only reasons why I bought white dwarves
I want different weapons on my contemptor than on my iron havocs, and I want those weapons to be viable

>I want different weapons on my contemptor than on my iron havocs, and I want those weapons to be viable
Everything this guy has said.

:)

Blanche is life, Blanche is love

Ironwing - 2490pts
Dread drops in first turn next to the biggest threat forcing the enemy to either charge it or move somewhere less optimal. Vindicators and Predators clear the field as best they can while the Vets outflank and hunt infantry. There are some areas I could afford to drop points on (take some toys from the HQ, the Phosphex Discharger, and some tank options like dozer blades) but no where I could really add stuff.

HQ 207pts
Damocles Command Rhino 100pts

Delegatus, Artificer Armour, Bolter, Melta Bombs, Refractor Field, Terranic Greatsword 107pts

TROOPS 330pts
Tactical Squad, Rhino, Dozer Blade 165pts

Tactical Squad, Rhino, Dozer Blade 165pts

Elites 713pts

x9 Vets, Marksmen, 1x Heavy Bolter with Acid Shells, Rhino, Dozer Blade 213pts

x10 Vets, Marksmen, 2x Heavy Bolter with Acid Shells, Rhino, Dozer Blade 250pts

x10 Vets, Marksmen, 2x Heavy Bolter with Acid Shells, Rhino, Dozer Blade 250pts

Heavy Support 1240pts

Predator Squadron 360pts
x3 Predators, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Pintle Heavy Bolter, Dozer Blade

Vindicator Squadron 470pts
x2 Vindicators, Auxiliary Drive, Combi-Weapon, Dozer Blade, PotMS
x1 Vindicator, Auxiliary Drive, Combi-Weapon, Dozer Blade

Leviathan Dreadnought, Grav-flux Bombard, Siege Drill, Phosphex Discharger, Drop Pod 410pts

Dark Angels when? My hype has been sent into full metal Dark Angel mode. m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=PzsDLpNMZq0

What Legion units do you think they'll get? My money is on an elite ravenwing unit, either jet or regular bikes. Weapon skill 5, all power weapons or Calibanite warblades, combat shields, one in 3 get a plasma repeater.

According to Bligh, all DA special units will be for the Fallen, the regular DA will be done entirely through RoWs.

>all DA special units will be for the Fallen
Wtf that's mental, I can't wait!

>DA special units will be for the Fallen

Didn't the Fallen come to be after the Heresy?

I'm calling they'll be at least 5 major bugs and the big genestealer will get stuck on walls, seeing how they fired a whole team of developers

Grav-Raider.
Oh I can't wait to see that.

25th for all the Primarchs are the same age

What a shit post in a shit thread to get this get

>being shit enough to care about gets

>being shit enough to care about get carers
Nay; thou

>Undertaker- Edge Lords
>Kurt Angle- Imperial Fists
>Hulk Hogan- Iron Warriors

I think "Stone Cold" Steve Austin is a better World Eater- pic related

Let's try turning this thread into something not horrible. Legion recruiting methods. Part of the Death Guard's recruitment trial was mentioned in the Flight of the Eisenstein, but what did the other legions put their recruits through? I'd imagine the Word Bearers doing something involving faith, and the EC requiring their recruits to do something "perfect".

Didn't get an answer last time, asking again. Does the Warlord Titan intentionally not have the God-Engine rule to make mechanicus fearless? Does errata fix it?

>EC requiring their recruits to survive a seven days rave full of meth, keta, heroin, LSD and bizarre sex

FTFY

EC took the noble sons of captured worlds. While compliant worlds almost always offered up their best, brightest, and royal children to the EC, the war council was concerned they weren't of the right stock and strong enough to become marines. Fulgrim told the council he didn't take all of them, but he was also flattered by their offerings and pretty much did anyways.

Angron took the strongest and most brutal of the worlds he set up mustering points like Bodt, occasionally taking in an influx of troops as needed from less desirable people when they lost a bunch of dudes. At least one loyalist from book 1 is said to be from one of these emergency drafts, and was likely marked for death for it in the purge of Istvaan III. Additionally, the WE recruited from the Gun Clans of Bodt who they made fight for them before taking their best for recruitment.

SoH took troops from everyone world he conquered, integrating them, their tactics, and their culture into the legion. It's noted the warrior lodges began not from their home world but as a tradition picked up later on. However, their homeworld had a big impact with their tribal, ganger violence forming into despoiler and later Reaver squads.

Thanks
Do you guys model your chainfists as a single Chainsword attached to the DCCW or one on each talon
As
>tfw when the plasma repeater comes in the DCCW claw arm but not the chainfists arm

user, that's right but also wrong. Pre-Heresy EC wouldn't do that. During the Heresy and Post-Heresy yeah.
I knew about the lodge thing come from Davin, but I want to know more about Cthonia.

The First Heretic describes the Word Bearers (Erebus himself, iirc?) knocking on a family's door and telling the family that Argel Tal has been chosen. I don't think faith had much to do with it - a lot of that will come after the psychoindoctrination.

The White Scars selected Shiban after watching him fight some older kids. Earlier in the Great Crusade they were also receiving some recruits from Terra - there are apparently Space Marine recruitment camps there and they send kids to multiple legions depending on who needs them. (in Scars)

>and bizarre sex
You realize recruits are like 10 years old...

>EC requiring their recruits to do something "perfect".
EC seem too formal to have something that general. I would suspect they would follow the basic procedures and anything else to increase survival rates and capabilities. Perhaps some sort of large ceremony upon a group of neophytes becoming full fledged marines, Rylanor presents the new astartes with their suit of power armour and they are presented to their new sergeant in a formal affair.

Also could see EC as having some sort of one on one student/protoge system. Like members of the EC can take neophytes under their wing and teach them everything they know expecting them to follow a similar path. A champion might pick a neophyte that seems particularly good with a sword and focus primarily on expanding his swordsmanship capabilities, a destroyer might get the biggest outcast and teach him how to be better at brooding and being edgy by dual wielding pistols.

>The First Heretic describes the Word Bearers (Erebus himself, iirc?) knocking on a family's door and telling the family that Argel Tal has been chosen
Wow, they really are Jehovah's Witnesses in space, and real surprised that Erebus is polite enough to knock instead of barging in.

Like that stopped NAMBLA from protesting

Well Greco-Roman homosexuality revolved around older dominant men and younger submissives. I could totally see the EC having some sort of relationship like that between senior officers and neophytes at least once the legion went to full degeneracy.

user, where do you think you are.

I just get the FW chaos dreadnought chainfist. The whole arm is the chainsaw, it looks leagues better

On Tartaros at least, the hands are the same size as on PA.

>Also could see EC as having some sort of one on one student/protoge system. Like members of the EC can take neophytes under their wing and teach them everything they know expecting them to follow a similar path. A champion might pick a neophyte that seems particularly good with a sword and focus primarily on expanding his swordsmanship capabilities, a destroyer might get the biggest outcast and teach him how to be better at brooding and being edgy by dual wielding pistols.
Oh I like that, user.

How many marines you think Fulgrim fucked? I bet the EC are the only ones who could be said to have slept their way to the top.

Interestingly, Terran marines are sort of given a choice in their legion according to Scars. After being selected or volunteering on Terra, they're sent to Luna to be trained, tested, and genetically screened. They can request a legion, and based on scores and legion quotas, they can get in. One of the Scars MCs requested the Sons of Horus, but got the White Scars because he didn't test high enough to merit his requested slot over someone else who wanted it. White Scars and Space Wolfs were in fact the least liked by prospective recruits.

>How many marines you think Fulgrim fucked?
I'm too scared to want to know the answer to that.

>Interestingly, Terran marines are sort of given a choice in their legion according to Scars. After being selected or volunteering on Terra, they're sent to Luna to be trained, tested, and genetically screened. They can request a legion, and based on scores and legion quotas, they can get in. One of the Scars MCs requested the Sons of Horus, but got the White Scars because he didn't test high enough to merit his requested slot over someone else who wanted it. White Scars and Space Wolfs were in fact the least liked by prospective recruits
I wonder what sort of questions they were given.
I'm shocked.

>White Scars and Space Wolfs were in fact the least liked by prospective recruits
Just like IRL!
strawpoll.me/10558764/r

Vulkan's theme m.youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY
Thanks, BL.
Poetry.

>strawpoll.me/10558764/r
I don't know about the wolves, but I tried Scars. Emperor damn it though, it's so hard to get a good looking and crisp white for them.

>On Tartaros at least, the hands are the same size as on PA.

I demand proof.

That's awesome, only thing I'd change is have Undertaker for NL and put Kane in Salamanders because pyro

>you'll never get noticed by Fulgrim-senpai

White Scars probably ended up being one of the better legions to get inducted into. No decimation, no butcher's nails, no daemons, no red thirst, no pressure to cut your arm off for cybernetic enhancement, your boss encourages you to participate in arts and crafts, be happy while you fight, and race each other, and he lets Librarians be Librarians (totally ignored the edict). You get to drink alcohol instead of poisonous brews and grow a mustache.

Being an Ultramarine wouldn't be bad either. Alpha Legion might not either, except it'd probably be very confusing.

Didn't say they are a bad legion, but that nobody thinks of them too much.
Just like that metal arms guy everybody keeps forgetting about.

>mfw EC servitors are all Mettaton-patterns

So EC were the paragons, right? In the Forgeworld books they're described as diplomats, perfect warriors, artists, and ect. How did people actually like them? They don't have a lot of Sworn Brothers, and it seems like at least in BL that a lot of other marines think of them as prancing faggots. Why are they considered so differently from the Blood Angels who were also artistic pretty boys?

I don't think they've gotten a chance to properly shine in fluff to leave an impression on people. Hands are just the technol-tech-tech not-Mechanicum/s army that's way too obsessed with all this useless flesh and White Scars are bikers, like DA, but without all the knight shit, terminators, old tech, plasma, etc.

Whenever I try to think of something cool to do with them, I find myself finding ways of doing the same thing with other legions/chapters who also get a whole lot of other shit for themselves. Same with Sallies. They got fire (so does BA), they got artificer shit (don't EC put a lot of effort into quality and showmanship) and then you got a faulty gene-seed that gives them a distinct physical appearance (because no other Marine faction has altered appearance).

But that's just how I see it. Could be wrong.

>Same with Sallies. They got fire (so does BA), they got artificer shit (don't EC put a lot of effort into quality and showmanship)
The only reason BA get fire things is because they're red. And 30k's Salamander theme seems to be flames AND endurance, which is better than 40k's mere mastercrafted fire.

If it helps, the WS don't care about people not caring about them either. What will their HH rulebook be about...there will be a HH rulebook featuring them, right?

Here you are my battle-brother.

Top: Power Armor hand holding a Volkite Charger

Bottom: Tartaros Heavy Flamer from the special weapons set.

The Blood Angels were probably at least humble about it

Well, it's a good thing to know now, before I go and buy terminator weapons with non-Tartaros hands on them.

>only reason BA get fire things is because they're red.

They're still stocking flamers and meltas where other groups, especially in 40k, don't. Meanwhile Sallies, the fire faction, get the same amount of fire weapons as Ultramarines.

So when Johnny Notheretic goes for an army and see Green Ultramarines with lizard logos and fucking Greco-Roman fruity la-la-homomen vampire angels with gotta go fast and flame and fury all over them, which one you think is going to spark their imagination more?

They are warriors who try the best they can be and work relentlessly to improve themselves. Sure, they may have non-marine interests, like arts, but it's a nice reminder that marines are still human. I could be Sworn Brothers with them.
>The Gorgon and the Flower Pot
Also, opposites attract.

Makes me wonder what the EC thought of love, be it romantic, sexual, or otherwise. They strike me as the type to encourage it for what it inspires like courtly love, not anything beyond though. Poems, art, a desire to better oneself and help mankind. Lots of Philia for other EC, while Agape/Eros was probably encouraged towards mentors or other cherished people.

Man, why can I never get that gorgeous level of purple pink on my marines, or that yellow of a gold? Maybe the art just makes it look better than it does on models.

WS did have terminators - at the very least they have the Keshig, Jaghatai Khan's bodyguard. Ironically, the WS's first four years of the Heresy were spent doing a lot of non-bikey things, like boarding enemy ships with breachers and terminators as they tried to find a way past the warp storms back to Terra. Don't let anyone tell you you're being unfluffy for making a WS breacher army!

Makes me wonder if bikes make any sense in a boarding action.

The WS would make them make sense. Probably jet bikes that go fast as fuck down hallways like an unstoppable tide. In Scars it mentions them training along the bow of the ship doing incredibly high speed maneuvers in the tight hallways as practice. No wonder they auto pass dangerous terrain tests!

>So when Johnny Notheretic goes for an army and see Green Ultramarines with lizard logos and fucking Greco-Roman fruity la-la-homomen vampire angels with gotta go fast and flame and fury all over them, which one you think is going to spark their imagination more?
Hey, I said the BA got special stuff because they're red, not that I was happy about it.

>How many marines you think Fulgrim fucked? I bet the EC are the only ones who could be said to have slept their way to the top.
I actually made that up for my headcanon as the reason why Phoenix Guards were WS 4 before they were changed. They aren't actually the best of the legion, they are just marines that Fulgrim took a personal liking to. After all its not like primarchs need bodyguards.

>Makes me wonder if bikes make any sense in a boarding action.

The scale of 40k/30k ships is enormous and I wouldn't be surprised if the crew needs some type of faster conveyance down miles long corridors and shit. There are probably elevators and trams but they'd be shut down during boarding so a bike might make sense if you're crossing big sections of the ship unaided

I'm amazed you don't see tanks and shit in boarding action. Imperial ships are miles long.

>Don't let anyone tell you you're being unfluffy for making a WS breacher army!

Of course you can do just about anything, but does this come up a lot in fluff, art, etc.? Even IW the big gunz, big armour group can be found wearing MkVI. There should be some art and fluff of these events to spark the imagination.

If EC never fell it probably would have been the best legion. They are pretty much prettier Ultramarines with purple armour and a bigger focus on swordsmanship.

>WS did have terminators
Who said they didn't?
>Makes me wonder if bikes make any sense in a boarding action.
Ohh buddy, if you only knew. Back when I was a kid I played Halo1 and I always went full jetbike indoors.
It was much time later when I discovered that wasn't what the game intended you to do.
youtu.be/LReTvx2ksUQ?t=14

>I'm amazed you don't see tanks and shit in boarding action. Imperial ships are miles long.
IIRC you can take land speeders and shit in zone mortalis.

Fun fact: III legion stayed loyal until Fulgrim decided to parlay with Horus.
Darker fact: Fulgrim's anus is weaker than Horus's genitals.

What questions would they ask
>A dire warrior appears before you which weapon do you smite it with
>A) Bolter, you will easily resupply on ammo
>B) Flamer, to ensure he will find no cover but potentially not die
>C) Plasma, guarantee the alien's death at the potential cost of your life

Giga-Nurgle, that sounds like one of the easy questions.
>smite
Sounds too much like a 40k marine.
>A)Bolter
I what the questions on diplomacy would be like.

>"Vehicles, other than Walkers, may not be chosen unless their models are no more than 4" wide.* Flyers may not be chosen at all."

Time to start slimming down some Russes...

>296 votes
There's no way there's that many posters here, was the poll linked on any other sites?
I accidentally voted 3 times for my legion.

>palaces of heretics that denied the emperors divinity
If one line of a source has been retconned does that mean the whole source has been retconned
Sorry I'm not familiar with lore faggotry of Veeky Forums but considering we have 1d I don't think it'll be that extreme

That strawpoll has been up for a while.
That lore is outdated, but Fulgrim stayed loyal until Hoeus violated him. So much geneseed was spilled, user. Somewhere deep in the Eye there are marines who can claim that Horus and Fulgrim are their fathers.

An Eldar of the extremely spikey variety appears before you, saying if you defeat his rivals fleet, he will stop raiding this and the surrounding systems. Do you accept the challenge
I also voted iron warriors twice I'll admit

Also how many iron anons we got in the thread at the moment

>They are pretty much prettier Ultramarines
Ultramarines are handsome, not faggy pretty.

I know that potential AL recruits passed or failed as a team and we're expected to be able to do the job of any of their dquadmates

Ultramarines look American, while Emperor's Children lean more on the European side.

DG now-affordable Assault squads wreack havoc in ZM if allowed to take their Move Through Cover-conferring RoW. Coupled with their chem flamers, billion termies and rad grenades they're the kings of ZM.
It feels like there should be a melee option

>and we're

Get out of here Alpharius

I think ultras look more like republic roman, while EC are greeks and empire roman.

>Ultramarines look American
>intakes from areas as diverse as the sub-equatorial maglev clans of Panproco,...Midafrik Hive Oligarchy...the Caucaus wastes
>White
Your typical american in the early crusade, right?
>But McCragge...
500 worlds all white? Then you'd also be assuming all worlds the EC recruited from were all of them European monarchies.

Marines are white because they have an organ that governs skin pigmentation. When it's working it makes them white unless there is high rad levels.

When it's not working you end up with your normal skin pigment, or something worse, like night lords or salamanders.

>DG now-affordable Assault squads wreack havoc in ZM if allowed to take their Move Through Cover-conferring RoW. Coupled with their chem flamers, billion termies and rad grenades they're the kings of ZM.
I think mechanicum can beat everyone in zone Mortalis
>Good luck killing my robots without heavy vehicles
>Dual Rad Cleanser Secutors (have fun dealing with two flamers with fleshbane and radphage for every model in the squad)
>Thallax, Scyllax, and Usurax don't have to worry about demolisher cannons

I think he meant in terms of culture and general appearance as well as aesthetic. EC definitely have Roman influences but they also have some European monarchy court style to them.

In the artwork, I've never seen any of them in real life.

Nah, usually they have the same colour they were born as, unless the gene-seed changes it (Night Lords, Salamanders, Raven Guard).

definitely not in the next book and something tells me that they won't be in the book after the next one - so that sums up to: wait until 2018... at least. I love Dark Angels, but unfortunately they suck.

>Marines are white because they have an organ that governs skin pigmentation
Who is Jonah Orion.
>When it's not working you end up with your normal skin pigment
That's the phrase right there. It darkens and then returns to its original state.
I wonder what a 30th milenium rad-world ozone-layer-is-gone middle african's original skin color will be like.
>I think he meant in terms of culture and general appearance as well as aesthetic
UM - Roman
IW - Greek
EC - Euromonarchy

That Eldar is a liar. Kill him, his rival, and eat their wives.