Mecha Mercs Skirmish Mission 13

The Peace Keepers have demanded that the 3C deliver the black market arms dealer Richard Irving into their custody; as if throwing Irving to them was some act of penance to absolve the 3C of it's crimes rather than blackmail.

Still, at least they were paying, and a job is still a job...

>All pilots assigned to the Capture Irving mission please step forward and be counted.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rWJspgEotqU&list=PL021FCE912747136A&index=4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=rWJspgEotqU&list=PL021FCE912747136A&index=4

Cable Guy: “The Peace Keepers have tracked Irving to a dockside on the island of Glaeos. Can’t say I’m surprised, that place has a reputation for being a hive of scum and villainy. This will basically be a mech sized sting operation; Irving’s hiding out in a warehouse compound where he stores his merchandise, a landing craft will take you up to the quay and you’ll rush in to bust down doors. There are five warehouses in the area and Irving could be hiding in any one of them. Being a black market arms dealer he probably has an escape plan. The intel department estimates you’ll have about 5 ‘turns’ –to use the tactical planning term- before he bolts.“

“Once you find him you can call in a helicopter to deploy infantry to apprehend him. Make sure the area is clear of AA units before you call the choppers in, you’ve only got 3 on standby. Now the warehouses will be stuffed with military hardware. The good news is Irving doesn’t have enough manpower to bring all of it online. He’s also leery about using his own merchandise to defend himself since it makes them ‘used’ and considerably lowers their sale value, but in the end he will start activating more and more units if you back him into a corner. If you bust down a warehouse door and find something you really don’t want to join the battle, call in a chopper and the infantry will make sure nobody tries to bring it online. Just remember to keep one squad in reserve to nab Irving.”

>cont

“Aside from whatever Irving has in his warehouses expect to fight drones and infantry since those units will be the fastest to mobilise. Irving’s goons are well equipped; they’ll have ATGM launchers and satchel charges in addition to their RPGs. However they’re just hired guns so they won’t fight to the last man. Gun one or two down and the rest of the squad should break. Now if you’re looking at that map of projected enemy positions and thinking you’re walking into a killzone, well… you’re not wrong. Take solace in the fact that the landing craft will launch a smoke screen once the mission starts. Other than that I’m confident that you guys can break through. That landing craft is cramped though so make sure you don’t stumble into each other when disembarking.”

>Please be aware that air support must be requisitioned by an officer BEFORE the mission starts in order for it to be available for the NCOs to call during the mission. Hiring an air support unit will make it unavailable for the other missions during this campaign turn.
>Additional intel may also be bought for 5 cred at this time.

>All costs may be payed later and deducted from mission payout.

>All pilots please post your deployment builds.

Why am I always late to join.
Why am I living in the wrong timezone.
Why have I found this skirmish so late.
Why live.

"Hey, drones. I'm guessing they're controlled by stealthed mechs. Leave the scanning to me, wherever they hide, they can't escape my Active Scanner."

Kail
=Aimbot=
Chassis : Stratus
HP : 16/16
DR : 12
ED : 14 (10)
SR : 16 (12)
Mv : 5 (4)
Damage reduction : 1

RA : Smartgun (DU rounds)
LA : Smartgun (DU rounds)
Torso : ECCM pod, Active Scanner, Swarmer pod (2/2), Swarmer pod (2/2)
Legs : Thruster Set
Armor : Composite

Pilot skills : Advanced Electronics, Target Acquisition, Automated Agression

To: [email protected]

Hi Irving.

This is Spare - 3C. I just wanted to contact you and express my appreciation for our working relationship. I understand we met each other at gunpoint, back when you fled that harbor in Droerus. Ah, good times.

Now, the world being what it is a pilot always appreciates getting an edgeand it's been good to have access to your delightful wares. The HIGH CLASS MECH PAINT that you sell TOTALLY LEGALLY really puts a MASSIVE SHINE on the mechs.

Ah, anyway - the IF's asked us to come have a chat with you, so we'll meet in about a week. I look forward to once again experiencing your hospitality. It's just good business. You're a busy man. I hope you can fit us into your schedule.

Regards,
Merein.
--

"Mr. Kerry? Oh, thank you for the coffee. I've told Irving we'll be coming to see him in a week.

Please inform the IF that we'll be standing by to commence operations today"

--

>Stash SatCom Jammer in Company Stash
>Sell HammerPod (+3)
>Acquire Longbow Pod (-4)
>Acquire PD Turret (-6)
>Acquire Advanced ECM (-5)
>Acquire Regressive Knife (-10)
>0 Credits remain, as usual, grumble grumble.

=Blue Screener=
Chassis : Nimbus
HP : 18 / 18 DR 1
DEF : 10
EDef: 18
SR : 12
Mv : 4

LA :EccmDrone, HammerPod(2)
RA : RegKnife, LongbowPod (3)
Torso : PD Turret, A-ECM, EccmDrone
>Redundant SubSystem
Legs : Hopefully.
Armor : Composite (+4 hp / +1 DR)
Creds: 0

Pilot skills : Fortified Systems, Enhanced Drone Control, Redline

Before the mission begins some bookkeeping is in order.

We'd tentatively assigned Malek to this mission since he'd allowed himself to be botted while he was out, but he's since expressed a desire to participate instead in the Task Force operation (and he intends to bring a Zenith along with him, which would be a big help). That operation is currently full, so if anyone from the following list wishes to appeal to Command to join this mission instead please do so, the Irving team needs all hands on deck, though if he disallows it then you'll just have to make do.

==TaskForce==
Chuck
Goose
Cryptic
Haze
Kestrel
Borealis
Nihilus
Bob Doe
Tragedy
Eigan

I might have tried to do this, but I really don't know if I'm sufficiently well equipped for something like this at the moment (everyone else on the squad is a turbo elite).

Additionally, I have a potential crunch issue to raise.
Last patch, HESH rounds were given the demolisher attribute to allow them to damage terrain. However, this attribute also allows the weapon to instantly destroy any body part if even 1 point of crit damage is dealt, and the other trait of HESH rounds is that they always deal 1 point of crit damage. In other words, it would take at most 4 hits from a HESH weapon to utterly obliterate every single body part of a mech. That just doesn't seem right, especially considering that linked mech pistols can get off 6 shots an action.

"Bludhawk, reporting ready op."

BLUDHAWK
Skills: Gunner (Vigilance), Gunner (Suppression), Gunner (Alpha Strike) Redline

Right Arm - Heavy Laser
Left Arm - Heavy Laser
RNG: 8 ROF: 3 DAM: 3 PEN: 2 (3) CRT: 19 (17) Special: Beam, Doubles Damage
Torso - Stiletto Targeter, Hunter-Killer Missile {1/1}, Enhanced Autoloader
Armor - Composite Armor
Legs - Thruster Array

Excellent, HaxKid. I don't think they have active mech controllers though - judging from last time they're going to be running the entire network through a series of mobile servers.

Given the neccessity of having nothing go wrong with our limited window, I will opt to shop around for slightly more intelligence by buying 5 Company Credit.
>Buy Intelligence
>21-5 = 16 Company Credit.

--
This leaves 16 Credits for the Company Pool, which can be used to hire Glory Boy (8), Shrike (15), Waffle Hut (15) or Bird Man (15).

Given Irving's preperations and his lack of access to a full scale military compound, I'm unconvinced of the need for this. We will not be facing fighter jets and I'm not gonna order a bomb-drop on a civilian dock.

Likely Irving can deploy VTOLS, like last time. Should it be felt to be absolutely neccessary, I would like to recommend that we pay Shrike stand by to run either ground interception or air clearing. Given adapatible multi-role capacity, this is likely the best option. But again; should we maintain sufficient speed, extra support of that nature will not be neccessary.
Thoughts?
--

Kail - I think you can take out a Drone+Infantry section on your own.

Tentatively, Bludhawk you can do this as well by spraying the heavy laser across drones + infantry.

I know Gunman can handle a section as well.

The drones - they're vulnerable to ECM Overrides, we can make them fight for us. Concentrate on the infantry sections, they'll flee.

But 16 men and 4 drones does not a stable perimeter make. Irving likely has some cloaked vehicles or tanks offering heavy support. I would wager 2, maybe 3, and they will be the most dangerous target.

Be as aggressive as you can in the initial push, and we will not have to worry over-much since we dictate the field of play as they scramble to bring weapons online. Once the smoke clears, I want that entire defensive section gone.

I will volunteer if it needs be, but there are some points I want to make out:

Pro:
- I do have stealth armor.
- Drones!
- Tacnet!
- Railgun!
- Something came up and I will be in a bit of a mess at friday, so doing my deployment now will make things easier for me IRL.

Con:
- Drones. very slow for an assault mission.
- No autoloader. I need to make my shots count, and with drones and movement I will be REALLY tight in terms of turn economy. I would be barely able to move once I walk out the transport

(Posting stats for reference)

=Bird of Prey=
[Predator]

>HP:12/12
>DEF: 12
>E-Def: 10(8+2)
>Sensor range: 10
>Mobility: 5 (4+1)
>Stealth rating: 8

>Torso: Tac-Net Hub (Malek's property)
>Right Arm: Railgun
>Left Arm: Recon Drone, Combat Drone
>Legs: Thruster array
>Armor: A. Camo

-Miscellaneous
>Redundant Subsystems (1/1)

Recon drone
>HP:4/4
>DEF: 16(14+2)
>E-Def: 12(10+2)
>Mobility: 5
>Stealth Rating: 14
>mech pistol(-)
>high tech, jump, scan

Combat drone
>DEF: 14(12+2)
>Mobility: 6
>Smart Gun(-)
>Longbow Missiles(3/3)
>high tech, jump

Credits: 25
Storage:
Stiletto targetng suite(1)
Enhanced Autoloader(1) (On Production Cobra)
Defective missiles (3)
A. Sensor(1) (Malek's property)

>I'm unconvinced of the need for this. We will not be facing fighter jets
> I would like to recommend that we pay Shrike stand by to run either ground interception or air clearing
>Thoughts
Command mentioned that if we take an air asset for one mission we can't have them again in the same campaign turn, and more concerning is that we know for sure the enemy forces in the other two missions will have air support, making them more pressing possible uses of those assets.

I mean, I don't want to underestimate Irving here, but it looks like you may be able to pull a repeat of the strategy from the Warlord mission and destroy any reinforcements as they stick their heads out.

Yeah, you make good points. I'm not so sure you're suited for this one, given your lack of mobility and the need for speed. You could still hang back and pick off priority targets, but at a rate of one a turn it doesn't seem all that efficient. It seems like you'd be a much better fit for your original mission, given its static defence nature.

>You could still hang back and pick off priority targets, but at a rate of one a turn it doesn't seem all that efficient.

Sure, but these shots Penetrate. Also, with the tacnet and drones, I will be throwing out Locks to everyone. like, three locks per turn, with +6 on two and +2 on one. seeing how Locks would benefit people in this mission, I'm certain that I'll be of good use if needed.

Boss, I really think we should keep the air support in-reserve for our other missions, especially the defense mission. I'm not sure what their AAA looks like there, and an interceptor could save our lives with that, just a thought.

We can use you just fine. Essentially, if you park yourself near A3 you have full rail-gun coverage of most of the area - and the drones can cover more as well. A tacnet is always useful, and you need much less speed on these things than you think.

I believe pilots for this one is
Me, Spare
Gunman
Kail
Bludhawk
and then Malek

If you'd rather tag along, Kestrel, then that can be arranged. I trust you'll be fine and a rail-gun is never a bad friend.

--

Speaking of paperwork
>Sell Ablative Armor in Company Pool (12)
>Transfer Eisensturm's Lord Mech, Sell 7x EMP Missiles, 2x Mech Pistol (30)
>Transfer Eiseunsturms Pilot Credit (16+28 = 44 => +8 Company, 4 general)
>42 credits bulk sale ->, 75% reduction to 31 credit total gain from sales
>31+4 = 35 credits available for company shopping

>Buy 1 Composite Armor, 1 Reactive Armor for Company Pool (12)
>Buy Zenith Cluste Rocket Launcher for Company Pool, earmark for Malek (8)
>Embezzle the 3C for 15 Credits
>Invest in Exotic Islands
>Get Overcome with guilt
>Convert to 3 Company Credits instead

>+1 Composite Armor, +1 Reactive Armor, +11 Company Credits, +1 LORD mech in company mech stash.

You may be right. No collateral to worry about this time, you could reach out and touch most of the stage from the right spot.

Also, it occurs that with his new Onager, Gunman (when he gets here) could obliterate half the enemy starting lineup by himself, so you probably have some leeway.

>When you realize it's mission 13, and we're all going to die.

Alright. I'll deploy for this mission, and I'll prioritize locks or elimination depending on how it plays out on the field, or by command.
Hopefully this mission gets done before friday.

the stats are here:()

>HESH OP
Oops, I only wanted HESH to be good against structures, not become this super criting monstrosity. This was an oversight that occurred when assigning attributes to HESH. It does not insta-kill the body part. I will find a way to articulate this in the rules and amend them for the next hanger phase.

To: [email protected]

Real nice of you to be straight with me like that Merein so I'll return the favour. We're both in a tough business and I get that this isn't anything personal, but when you plan to show up on my door step on such short notice to "have a chat" on the IF's behalf I can't help but feel put upon.

Tell you what: When you get here I'll tell my boys to give you some free samples of our finest ordinance... I insist.

See you soon

Irving

-------------

>Intel bought

Cable Guy: "We managed to bribe one of Irving's men. He spilled the beans on what's in the warehouses. Apparently Irving himself will be waiting for his evac in the south-east warehouse. If you catch up to him before then he'll ride into battle on a fully loaded Mammoth Mk2. The south warehouse contains a mobile command center which controls the drones as well as acts as the cloud server for the two mecha on site. The other warehouses contain MGPs, most have adaptive camo. Irving's guys will start deploying more and more of them as he gets more desperate."

"Huh. the server truck is right in the front direction of the deployment zone. I've got a clear shot even if I don't move."

Hello?

Yes? What exactly do you wish to talk about?

Do you know when the mission is starting?

"I can get you a lock on it. I tag 'em, you bag 'em, as Malek once said."

"Sure. But after that I'll return the favor. With more locks."

"Sounds good, I'll need those."

Sounds like a viable plan, Kestrel, Kail.

I suggest we ask the IF to secure the two western ware-houses, swipe the defenders and prevent bringing those units online as they look like most of their effective AA.

Then, following, Kail and Kestrel take out the server, Gunman, Bludhawk and I move forward.

Kail and Kestrel you take out the eastern warehouse, we deal with the mechs and everyone moves to secure Irving.

Might conider asking Glory Boy to buzz A1 and B1

Right, by the way. We might want to take a turn before stepping out, the mission briefing mentioned mines. Let me get a scan first, alright ?

Izzy has one of those EMP missiles.

She doesn't as those are from a different source.

"looks like if I stand or advanced to the highlighted tiles, I can takes a shot at the server, turn 1. it might count as shooting through a wall though, if I can get a lock that'll be helpful. Or I can just blow it up with a redline if command thinks it's a good idea."

Eisensturms Lord Mech had 2 Mech Pistols, 7 Missile Pods.
Those were all sold - total value 30.

Given that some of the emp units in the company pool is currently in use it would be a bit thuggish of me to strip them off of someone's mech and sell them for spare cash to feed my Grounds addiction. Besides, we had enough EMP missiles shock out half of Zanvra.

Good note about Izzy taking a EMP though, that wasn't in the paperwork but it is... now!

>Desperately override last conversion of 15 Pilot Credit to Company Credit

>Bulk Buy 15 Defective Missiles in Memory of Eisensturm, The Missile Man.

"Hey, boss, if you need defective missiles, you could have used mine, I got three mission's worth of them."

Yes, well - Kestrel.

Now
so
does
EVERYONE
MWAAHAHAHAHAH

"...Oh god. I'm crazy, spare's crazy, Everyone's going crazy..."

"Crazy"?
"/crazy/"?

I think you'll find I'm not crazy, Kestrel. I think you'll find the proper term for a man in my position is "eccentric" and "heavily armed".

If Gunman doesn't post by tonight (8 hours as of this post) then I'll deploy everyone else and he'll just have to deploy late.

Uh, a problem, cognis.
If such a thing happens, I might not be able to participate this mission. well, Maybe halfway, but I've got 12 hours to spare now. If it looks like the mission might not end before friday(Thursday afternoon~Friday morning in your time), then I might be better off at the siege than here.
Although if people can bot me well that might not be a problem.

"Eccentric? With all due respect sir, how are we going to use all of them? What if the PK finds them?"

(crud, forgot trip.)

Careful there, you almost added a beach side chalet to the company assets.
Which would have been perfect for the beach episode

Well I suggest you arrange a transfer or get botted. I'm sure Spare will be more than happy to bot you.

well you think the PK or the IF or the Zanvra National Army in any way dare get in our way when we have enough missiles to BLOT OUT THE SUN?

Now quiet down and help me load these fritzy missiles into this badly duct taped crate marked "Baked Beans". I bet you me come a day we'll need enough wonky explosive power to level Monus Islan--

ahshit, sorry.

Well, I guess I can trust spare if it comes down to that

"Wouldn't these missiles be better off in the vault of horrors that got made some time ago by someone, in the midas range base? It's- wait! these missiles have a really messed up inside, be careful with the weight distribution. gently does it."

DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE MINES!

Also if you hack a bloodhound can you have it deploy a mine and then walk over its own mine?

Yes you can.

Also if you hack enemy units and use them to place mines, the enemy will know where they are.

*waiting drone noises*

Bump for great justice

20 minutes left until premature deployment. Gunman please respond

Commencing Deployment. Looks like Gunman will have to deploy late.

Cable Guy: "Cloud threads secured. Bringing the tactical display online."

Yellow Star: Sparebits
1: Kestrel
2: Kail
3: Bludhawk

Landing Craft Captain: "Ramp's down camels! Go!-Go!-Go!"

>Declare actions. Remember to bot kestrel. Processing deadline is 9am GMT +8 on Saturday. I'll process early if all the actions are in by tomorrow morning or evening.

>Cough and bang on the tactical display a little until Blue 2 appears
>The adorable-ness is off the charts on this one, that must be why the drone is cloaked.

=Blue Screener=

>Redundant SubSystem

Ecm Drones Blue 1 & 2
Hp 4
Def 12
E-def 14
Sensor 10
Move 6
Smartgun, EcM, +2 to drone control actions

>Remember to bot kestrel.
I'm not busy yet! I still have now and tomorrow morning until stuff goes down. I might miss turn 2~4 depending how fast turns process, and might put out orders for turn 2 if the first turn processes fast.

"All right. Based on our intel, () I should be able to land a shot at the mobile server even before the mechs step out of the hangar. there's two ways to do this.
First, I use redline and land a perfect shot.
Second, I don't use redline and take a shot.
what should I do? How important are shutting down servers in this mission? Please advise."

For those who haven't seen it yet, here is the stat block for the command truck (plus a bunch of static defences).

(Yup. And the good news is that mobile command has 10 health. Which is perfect because Railgun.)

All-right Pilots, here's my operating assumption:

Irving would not have mined the shipping lane of the port he is in. The bloodhound drones WILL, if we give them time to do so - but we won't.

Here's my plan. Keeping in mind that these dense clouds of smoke block lines of sight, so you cannot get a clean firing solution through them.
>You can't actually shoot through them at all
So you'll have to maneveur to stand in the cloud or wait until it disperses - but when you're in the cloud, you're also protected
>+4 Def

So rush now, truck later.

I will I'll attempt to override the controls on B4, B3 and B1 and tell them to fire on their own soldiers.

Bludhawk, you can attack the section containing B2 and A2 - then fill it with laser fire. If you move, you're still within the covering cloud and should be fine.

Kail, you can move out of Kestrel's line of fire and fill the two infantry groups A1 and A2 with swarmer missiles.

Kestrel, your drones have guns that do wonders against the entrenched infantry. Send the Combat Drone and the Recon drone to deal with A3 and A4, then move yourself into a position for a good shot with the railgun *next* turn, where Kail can give you a guided lock.

Doing this we hit every section, and the infantry should crumple while the drones remain inoperative.

It can hack too, and it has a crazy long range. Definitely don't treat it like a passive structure.

Rolled 13, 2 = 15 (2d20)

"Affirmative sir! Engaging!"

"Cloud thread connection confirmed, Tac-Net Hub Operational! Drones, engage!"

>Jump 44445
>Drone Control
=1a
-Move 444333
-Fire Smartgun at A4(+6 to roll)
=1b
-Move 44443
-Fire Mech Pistol at A3(+6 to roll)

=Bird of Prey=
[Predator]

>HP:12/12
>DEF: 12
>Mobility: 5 (4+1)
>Stealth rating: 8

>Torso: Tac-Net Hub (Malek's property)
>Right Arm: Railgun
>Left Arm: Recon Drone, Combat Drone
>Legs: Thruster array
>Armor: A. Camo

-Miscellaneous
>Redundant Subsystems (1/1)

Recon drone
>DEF: 16(14+2)
>E-Def: 12(10+2)
>Mobility: 5
>Stealth Rating: 14
>mech pistol(-)
>high tech, jump, scan

Combat drone
>DEF: 14(12+2)
>Mobility: 6
>Smart Gun(-)
>Longbow Missiles(3/3)
>high tech, jump

Rolled 18, 14, 9 = 41 (3d20)

Shoot, I only rolled for the Combat drone in a hurry. Rolling additional 3 dice for the Recon drone's mech pistol.

Oops, sorry. Assumed you had the Sat-comm jammer on your back, which actually makes no sense for this mission.

Corrected the pic, with an extra dose moe blob banter.

Rolled 1, 1, 19 + 3 = 24 (3d20 + 3)

Well let's begin this operative bait and switch. Irving's promised a full delivery of his finest goods, so I - for one - am eager to experience the joys of deligtful bullet banquets and all-you-can-shoot fire feasts.

Now, let's see - back in that siege mission I belieev a snippet of code was injected into my machines. How'd it go again? DestroySentientLife.Exe?

Yes.

>I am so sorry for the following headache.

>Operate Drones
>Send *-1 to move 3, 3, 4, 4, 3
>Hack B4: (+3 to roll)
>If controlled: B4 deploy mines in front of hangar door and fire Marksman at A4

>Send *-2 once it appears on the map to move 4, 4, 4, 4, 5
>Hack B2 (+3 to roll)
>If Controlled, B2 to EMP B1 and gauss A1

>Self Action: Grumble quietly about smoke screens and sensors
>Hack B3 (+3 to roll)
>If controlled, B3 to EMP A2 and gauss A3

We have spotted no active AA on site, so if our IF.... friends... swoop in from the west, they can secure those two warehouse and prevent any AA from ever going up, but they'll have to act now.

=Blue Screener=

>Redundant SubSystem

Ecm Drones Blue 1 & 2
Hp 4
Def 12
E-def 14
Sensor 10
Move 6
Smartgun, EcM, +2 to drone control actions

>1, 1
>Hassaaaaaaaannnnnnn

Well that didn't work. Did you know almost self-aware murder inducing programes eat RAM nothing like else? Hang on, i need to reboot my console.

... allright, what'ave'we'got...

B4 and B2 are still online, as is B1. That means our friends have a hefty emplacement of bloodhounds and drones. Kail and Bludhawk, you can turn either into scrap metal but you'll have to choose. Stick to the smoke cover and any return fire should be mostly neglible.

A4, A3 and A2 may all have taken some light damage, a bit more and they'll likely crumple.

Bump for the night.

BUMP

FOR GREAT JUSTICE

"Riiiight. Let's see here."
>scan (+4, Active Scanner)
>lock on Mobile server (+4, free action)
>hack B4 (+4, drone control)

B4
>drop mine 5 (among the infantry squad)
>move 5

=Aimbot=
Chassis : Stratus
HP : 16/16
DR : 12
ED : 14 (10)
SR : 16 (12)
Mv : 5 (4)
Damage reduction : 1

RA : Smartgun (DU rounds)
LA : Smartgun (DU rounds)
Torso : ECCM pod, Active Scanner, Swarmer pod (2/2), Swarmer pod (2/2)
Legs : Thruster Set
Armor : Composite

Pilot skills : Advanced Electronics, Target Acquisition, Automated Agression

Rolled 11, 5, 9 + 4 = 29 (3d20 + 4)

Oops

Bump. Man, where the heck is everyone? I'm especially surprised by Gunman's absence, he was chomping at the bit to take a crack at Irving, and his volunteering for the mission was the impetus for the company accepting it in the first place.

In the interest of doing something with my bump, here's a schematic that came to me in a mad fever dream. The name that occurred at the time might have been slightly overwrought, but it's still a nasty little slicer, especially if it had a commando in the cockpit.

>where the heck is everyone?
(I'm confused as well.what the heck is happening?)

Well, many of us aren't involved in this mission. Also, it's somewhat divisive, and I don't think we want to reignite the arguments.

So, can emplacements like these be concealed inside roofs? And, if so, can scanning reveal them?

Fair enough I guess. Gotta remember that not everyone likes to shove their noses into everything like me and Kestrel.

>So, can emplacements like these be concealed inside roofs?
You'd have to ask Command. My best guess? You could probably set up the mobile or deployable versions indoors, I can't really imagine anyone would ever build a permanent fixed turret inside a warehouse, that'd just be strange.

>can scanning reveal them?
The question is, can scanning reveal indoor units in general?

I could deploy in Gunman's place if you really wanted me...I've got both a stealth and heavy support mech ready to go.

==Fiddler Crab==
Lord (Cost:41(Upkeep:8))
HP 12 DEF 10 ED 10 SR 12 MV 4 StR 16
--
Armor: Stealth Armour
Right Arm: Lancer Cannon
Left Arm: Cross Bow
Torso: Enhanced Auto-Loader, Stileto Targeting Suite, ECCM Pod
Other: Redundant Sub-sytem
==Atonement==
Onager (Cost:52 (Upkeep:10))
HP 20 DEF 8 ED 8 SR 8 MV 4
--
Armor: Reactive Armor
Right Arm: Howizter
Left Arm: Shell Plating, Repair Arm, Recon Drone
Torso: Shell Plating, HK Missile
Legs: Heavy Servo

>not everyone likes to shove their noses into everything like me and Kestrel.
Uh.
Is this supposed to be a bad thing?

Gotta deal with warehouse elves somehow. A rail gun turret with automatic targetting might be just the thing.

>So, can emplacements like these be concealed inside roofs?

It's possible. Depends on the roof.

>can scanning reveal them?
If they were built specifically to be hidden then they will likely be shielded against scans. Depending on the quality of the shielding you might be able to detect them at close range.

>can scanning reveal indoor units in general?
It's possible depending on whether the buildings are shielded, but even then a scan would only reveal that there's "something" there, without line of sight to confirm you wouldn't know what it is.

Rolled 13, 17, 16, 4, 7, 13 = 70 (6d20)

>Move 4, 4, 4, 5, 5
>Alpha Strike with Dual HZ, one shot on A2, one shot on B2 (+4 to hit)

Sir, shouldn't we make a deliberate push to secure Irving first, rather than spread ourselves out so much?

BLUDHAWK
Skills: Gunner (Vigilance), Gunner (Suppression), Gunner (Alpha Strike) Redline

==Paladin==
[Summit] - HP 20/20
DEF 10 - ECM 8
SEN 8 - MV 4+1
DR 1

Right Arm - Heavy Laser
Left Arm - Heavy Laser
RNG: 8 ROF: 3 DAM: 3 PEN: 2 (3) CRT: 19 (17) Special: Beam, Doubles Damage
Torso - Stiletto Targeter, Hunter-Killer Missile {1/1}, Enhanced Autoloader
Armor - Composite Armor
Legs - Thruster Array

Thankfully, the very rare breaks and lunch break gives me a window of opportunity to post. although it doesn't look like it's doing much, apparently.

Cognis, is it possible to shoot through smokes? I mean, I can fire my railgun through walls and stuff, although taking penalties to hit chances of course. But if that's the case I don't see why I can do the same against smokescreens.

If you want, but Gunman was the one who pushed heavily towards joining the IF, so he should really put his money where his mouth is himself.

I'm already firmly in the pro IF camp, though I don't exactly approve of their methods. But the Saint help us if people like Irving continue to sell nuclear material to the highest bidder.

Deploy =Atonement= in place of Gunman assuming approval of an officer.

==Atonement==
Onager (Cost:52 (Upkeep:10))
HP 20 DEF 8 ED 8 SR 8 MV 4
--
Armor: Reactive Armor
Right Arm: Howizter
Left Arm: Shell Plating, Repair Arm, Recon Drone
Torso: Shell Plating, HK Missile
Legs: Heavy Servo

Gone on vacation for a bit (School just started up, so I'm hammering out my schedule) -someone in the IRC channel (Moony) really rreeeeally wanted to play, so I offered him my spot while I'm away. RP-wise, I'm just going to say that Tragedy has to tend to emergency family matters. I don't know if Moony has posted yet, but he did accept the spot.

Maybe Gunman has had some RL stuff to deal with.

I've been thinking about this on and off. I've decided that you can fire through smoke at -4 to hit but the enemy still gets the +4 to def, so you'll be effectively attacking with -8.

For any other obstacle, unless you're using an indirect fire weapon you can't fire at it without LoS. The one exception is if you're using a penetrator weapon. Then you can fire through a non-smoke obstacle IF you have a lock on the target.

I've decided this will accommodate the rule of cool that is shooting through walls with railguns without letting people red-line one shot everything.

If Gunman doesn't show up by the time I process tonight's turn I'll deploy Goose in his place.

Sure. When he shows ups I'll let him join one of the other missions.

Thanks, I was looking forward to blasting flak at air units but we clearly need the 5th slot filled. Hopefully LT Gunman will show up and save the day if not on this mission the next one.

(Well I guess that could work. All that's relevant to me is that I need a lock now, compared to how it was before. Thank goodness I brought the Tac-Net.)

(Oh yeah, that reminded me, I forgot that blast weapons can be airblasted for AA fire. I really need to remember grabbing a backup cobra...)

Malek here, checking in briefly. Going to lose all internet again in an hour, so going to make this quick.

>Borrow Reactive Armour and Cluster Rocket pod from company stash (thanks boss!)
>Current Cred 19
>Buy Zenith, new Cred 1
>Assemble components, new designation "STORMLORD"

---
== Stormlord ==
[Zenith] - HP 14/14
DEF 10 - ECM 8
SEN 12 - Move 4
---
Armour - Reactive {4/4}
Right Arm - 2x Combat Drone {3/3} {3/3}
Left Arm - 2x HK Missile {2/2}
Torso - Advanced Sensor, Cluster Rocket {3/3}
Legs - Smoke Pod {2/2}
---
Value: 45 +20 in drones (maintenance: 13)

Malek regards the behemoth in front of him. A skirt of reactive armour blocks and smoke pods drape over the legs, a crown of sensor surround the head like a strange helmet, and the back is a forest of missile tubes and reloading arms. Smoke from the cooling systems drifts lazily around the base. The overall impression is of a primitive tribal idol, built by a mad engineering firm.

"She's so beautiful," ~Sniff~ "I think Eisensturm would be proud."
"...I hope the pioneers can keep up with reloading her..."

You got an ETA for when you'll be back so Command knows when to run the task force op?

Monday, maybe. Thursday for certain.

Great, we'll see you there. I look forward to my first time seeing cluster rockets in action (there's gonna be *fireworks*).

wait, you can equip smokes on the legs?

Huh. I thought smoke had a square universal hardpoint, but it looks like it's for arms and torso only.

Well, no biggy, Malek can sort it out before the mission.

wierd. Seems strange that demo charges canisterate and mech-mines are universal, but smoke isn't.

I know right? But then again Melee sub-processor is a universal while advanced FCS is torso only. Maybe balance reasons?

Well, the FCS is straight up better (all hit rolls instead of melee ones), so that makes balance sense. And I guess I can see why chaff would only be useful on the arms or torso (no sense scattering it at your feet). But yeah, it seems like smoke could go on the legs.

that makes some sense. The sub-processor is basically just a computer and can fit anywhere, while the FCS has sensors and things that need a stable platform. Not being able to mount smoke on your knees/hips/feet is slightly stranger.

(shoot. I just remembered that being inside smokescreens gives a +4 DEF bonus. so the drones should have the following stats:

>Recon drone
>DEF: 20(14+2+4)

>Combat drone
>DEF: 18(12+2+4)

which is pretty impressive, if I would say.)

Beginning Turn processing

Well, the goal of demo charges and mines is generally to hit the ground, while smoke wants to airburst, or at least be airborne during some of its release. That, and the spread-shot of it seems to imply that a more elevated launch is better.

The real question is: What exactly is canisterate?

Kail: Mines Detected, sensor contacts in southern warehouse, lock failed.

Bludhawk: Crit! RA Heavy Laser destroyed!

>Standby for NPC phase

I always imagined canisterate was basically a grenade full of netting, chewing gum, and superglue. To gum up the legs.

The dice gawds were not kind this turn

Cable Guy: "Bludhawk! No! Saint preserve us... multiple missile hits. He didn't get a chance to bail out..."

Bludhawk Status: KIA

Repo 1: "This is Repo 1 moving to lock down the south west ware house. Be advised the enemy have just deployed an AA unit! I repeat: AA units in play."

----------------------

Cable Guy: "Thanks for transporting our guys in on such short notice captain. By the way, why is your submarine painted yellow?"

Submarine Captain: "Funny story that. Yesee in the town were I was born, lived a man who went to sea..."

Cable Guy: "Err... you know what? Maybe another time I need to verify some cloud threads."

Goose: 4

>standby for aftermath

>Declare actions people. Processing deadline will be sometime on Sunday since the weekend means my schedule could be disrupted for family stuff. Might process earlier if everyone posts their actions before then.

It was foretold...