EDH/Commander General

BUG goodstuff edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/queen-marchesa-pillowfort-prototype/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/alesha-enjoyer-of-triggers/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/maziwreck-the-directors-cut/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So what type of commander is this?

Control?
Tempo?
Midrange?
PillowFort?

S T A X
T
A
X

I'm either gonna convert my elves to BUG, or build a rogue deck with him at the top.

Also, post your decks.

I thought that Tiny Leaders was "Solved"?

Does break pic related like I think?

>tfw not enough wheels on BUG to play DJ Leovold.dek
Any way to play thematically around the second ability? Redirects and Flagbearers?

It's actualy "Dead"

It lets you fish out any creature, yes.

I'm not entirely sure. It's only one creature that gets all names, and doubling chant says for each creature.

I think you just get to tutor up one creature with it.

No, it says for each creature search for a card, so while it will let you get any creature you want, you can only get one.

Does anyone have a good marchesa deck list?

Old or new? I whipped this thing up for the new one when it got announced. Of course right now it's waiting on the rest of the set to be disclosed, but I'm gonna throw in as many Vote-related cards as I can.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/queen-marchesa-pillowfort-prototype/

Also these guys are most likely going in , but who knows what will be cut.

Neato

the black rose one

>finally a new RB planeswalker
>shitty artifact shenanigans

Come on

is this the super spymaster from the original commander series

also, i wonder if this means there'll be a cycle of wedge commanders in this set.

>shitty

>Plopping out three Blightsteel Colossi for -6
>Shitty artifact shenanigans

Aside from Mishra and Shattergang Bros what RBx artifact related commanders are there?

Don't think so, just from the same place. Which reminds me, do we know where Trest is? I remember thinking it was one of the pre-Conflux Bant nations for some reason.

If you mean "does it let you basically half of entwined tooth and claw every turn", then yes. If you mean "does it let you spew all the creatures in your deck onto the 'field in one turn", then no.

No the ability is ok, I just wish we hadn't gotten another artifact focused planeswalker.

He's probably going to be great with the stuff coming out in Kaladesh.

I'm inclined to say that there aren't any, maybe we'll get one in Kaladesh.

Trest is on Fiora from what I gathered.

What do you guys think about playing with one player chosen at random as the monarch as the start of the game? It would give some direction to the combat step and a sense of urgency, that doesn't rely on straight up politics.

I don't play that much commander, but a rule like an initial monarch really would give the format that piece I've felt was missing.

It's probably useless on EDH but nice design. Also,
>Serum Visions reprint
oh boy

>Serum Visions reprint

Fuck I just bought one too

>Deflection
>Divert
>Imp's Mischief
>Misdirection
>Mizzium Meddler
>Muck Drubb
>Rebound
>Spellskite
>Willbender

Pretty jank idea though, loses hard to anything other than midrange.

>Serum Visions Reprint
>At UNCOMMON

Oh shit, prices gonna tank

Would offload mine but I have the promo one which I think is very...interesting

Sounds retarded. As if the guy with the t1 sol ring isn't already a big enough target.

>I don't play much commander
That much is obvious

This guy feels really lame. Like diappointing lame.

It will be useful against certain combos. I'll probably try it.

More reprints! Also a Wild Pair one with new art, looks p sweet.

The Wild Pair reprint. Those are generic critters right, not like the older are who had Verdeloth and Krosan Tusker I think.

I built a fuck-around Alesha deck centered on ETB and combat damage triggers that could use a critique

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/alesha-enjoyer-of-triggers/

Help me out my niggas

I'm seeing a control general. There are tons of cards that have a drawback of opponents drawing a card and this stops it. It makes dream fracture and arcane denial great. It breaks things like memory jar. Most importantly, it keeps your hand stocked so you can have answers to everything.

Hello Gitrog/Landfall staple once the reprint brings it down to ~$5-10

Nice, now I'll consider spending dosh on it for my enchantress.

Well, this dude must really miss way back when Brago was king.

Because holy shit, they're best of buds. telepathy plus brago plus that is a pretty fair lock.

So are they printing a new commander for each enemy tricolor?

BUG and Mardu has one so far, right?

Look, tiny just got a sultai commander finally :^)

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/maziwreck-the-directors-cut/

Revised this a whole bunch since I last posted and with the help of some anons, thoughts?

Where are your tutors at?

I'm drawing enough cards to be able to get to where I need and I don't want to take apart my other decks for their tutors, also Sidisi is a tutor.

Out of curiosity, how well have the commander Planeswalkers fared in your experience? Teferi and Daretti do seem popular, despite what must be huge targets on their backs.

Nahiri runs a peculiar problem: she's a voltron general without Commander damage. Best I seen her be used as a sort of Wrath/Equipment Commander with cards like Humility or creature-wide buffs. Overall she's asking for too much in a mono color that doesnt have as much reliable card advantage.

Ob Nix is actually the best out of the box, imo. Problem with him is just that better options exist.

Freyalise I see a lot in 99's because she is just all around decent. I would actually rank her as #3 in the Command Zone compared to the others , even though Elfbsll stradegies lean towards OldZuri.

You should at least find a spot for Jarad's Orders, that card is cheap as chips and so good.

It wasn't confirmed before CN2 I don't think, but as of now Trest is confirmed to be on Fiora, and Edric is from there as well. Which is fine since he suits the aesthetic and motifs there. We've seen one of those story related letters adressing the location of Trest for CN2.

I've faced a blue Teferi deck before

It's not explicitly artifact related, but Rakdos, Lord of Riots obviously has some incentives towards an artifact playstyle.

>Jarad's Orders

Might I ask why I should use it? I'm aware it tutors for 2 creatures but 1 goes to the graveyard. I don't exactly run much reanimator in the deck

P-pls ;__;

That's about what I expect from the decks I see him lead.

>bug goodstuff cancer that autowins off wheels
BRAVO WIZARDS

>Dark Deal/Windfall effects with him out
grody

>Eternal Witness with any creature
>Champion of Stays souls in graveyard+ any creature.
>Jarad In Graveyard

Also, you run pretty mediocre creatures in a few case, if you're asking me. Zulaport Cutthroat over Blood Artist, that kind of thing.

You're playing Black/Green. You'll be able to make something count in the graveyard.

Seconding this guy. If you're not interested in the graveyard you might wanna find different colors to play

seems fine

I really think pick related could help your manabase. It also allows the creatures you have entering via alesha to function as blockers the turn they come out.

Aside from that:
Duergar Hedge-Mage
Oreskos Explorers
FILTH (esp. if you get an Urborg, Tomb of Yawgamoth)
Mother of Runes
Lightning Greaves/Swiftfoot Boots for Alesha
Be careful with Devout Lightcaster. I love her but her ETB is mandatory
Sunforger
A lot of people have disagreed with me on this but Pull From Eternity I guarentee you someone will be trying to bojuka bog/swords to plowshares Master of Cruelties at some point

I want to play a teferi deck but I'd like to not build stax. I just don't know if there's any other strategies he does well that's not stax I guess.

maybe do a lore build with multiple extra turn effects?

Teferi plays well in a control strategy even if you don't play mana denial pieces (which you should but you do what you want to do), since he allows you to tap out by putting him on a board and then untap 4 to to keep up counter mana and tempo.

I can already do that in my Riku deck.

It's not that I don't think it's good, it's just I already have a reputation (and limited budget too, since a lot of strong stax pieces are old and expensive) for having pretty strong/bullshit decks and I don't really want to make a deck that says nobody else gets to play.

It's probably fine at the right tables and it'd be nice to sleeve into that for when I'm playing against people who are full spikes/I don't care about pissing off but I usually play with a smaller group of friends so I'd like to try and keep it slightly even.

Maybe I could just buy the precon and change a few things and call it a day or something.

What're the things/combos that Azami can do that really annoy people? I'm just wondering what I should avoid if I were to play her in a new, developing meta I'm helping grow.

Mind over matter + Lab maniac

No, I understood what you meant. I mean, yeah, the precon was an attempt at a "friendly" Teferi deck, where they used the untap as "ramp" for monsters. If you want a more "serious" build that's still friendly you could probably do what and replace fatties with time magic. You can get a lot of the big, 60 card constructed unplayable time magic spells like Temporal Trespass and Part the Waterveil for him and still be at a good level of play. I think serious Teferi decks play those spells anyway. And whatever time magic you can't get play some of the fatter eldrazi like It That Betrays or some sea monsters.

>playing sleeveless

Absolute Madman. You know you can get 100 cheap sleeves for like a dollar.

>BUG
>draws cards
>Elf

It's so boring.

Hey that Amulet is pretty neat, gonna get one

100 max pro sleeves is $4 online
Thats 1/5th of the decks cost

Drawing cards can be neat if it draws you cards in a way that can be built around. This guy doesn't do anything cool and you can't really build around the way he draws. You don't really build around him at all. Maybe you'd play Dark Deal or something now when you wouldn't normally play dumbshit like that.

WEDGE CYCLE OF LEGENDS IN CONSPIRACY 2

>MARDU, MARCHESA
>SULTAI, LARRY THE DRAW ELF OVER HERE
>ABZAN, SELVALA
>TEMUR, GO FUCK YOURSELF, FREAKY MUZZIO I DONT KNOW, SOME OTHER SHIT PROBABLY
>JESKAI, ANGRY BRAGO OR PATRIOTIC MUZZIO

KMC or Dragonshield?

I myself am a Dragonshield man. I like that I can get mayching deck boxes for my sleeves.

>Abzan Selvala
I know a friend who would go insane for this. But the conspiracy legends, at least last time, were not confined to being a cycle. They were all kind of just random. Probably the same here

2 wedge legends thus far, with obvious shoe-ins for abzan and jeskai. You're correct, but I got a feeling this time...

What mediocre creatures do you see besides zulaport? I think I have a blood artist somewhere in my boxes

>BG is graveyard colors
That's a bit of a stretch. Wholly depends on how you build the deck. If its more green than black, graveyard interaction isn't gonna work properly

>ANGRY BRAGO
Ghost Brago got Ghost Assassinated by the Ghost Assassin.

play stuff like Redirect and mizzum meddler for shenanigans

He's a ghost ghost. His creature type is spirit spirit.
He'll double haunt you.

Nacalt War-Pride is a sweet card, but has no synergy to your deck, Nantuko Husk and Phyrexian Ghoul are pretty bad, you can find something way better as a Sac Outlet, like Phyrexian Plaguelord, I would also put in Savra, Golgari Queen because it's nice removal and works great with your commander.

Also, get yourself an Attrition, that thing is too good.

Who should my Zombie tribal commander be? Grimgrin or Gisa and Geralf? The deck I have can work eoth either but I just can't decide who yo put at the head.

I'm expecting:
Bant Selvala or some other Explorer
Orzhov or Esper Ghost
GR or Temur Beast/Monster

Depends what you want. Fuck someone with the might of a thousand dead people, or shenanigan your way out of it?

Hmm. I like the army of dead option which probably means G&G

But at the same time i like being able to cast Grimgrin whenever I want and use him for commander damage

In Black/Blue you'll probably have enough tutors to find Grimgrin whenever you need him

Grimgrin is the better Commander of the two. He is abusable, whereas the twins are just usable.

I wonder if Dack Fayden will get a new card with this set

Could this set have more walkers?

I mean, Conspiracy 1 only had Dack Fayden.

>Buying ANY Max Protection products ever

Just throw your money in the trash instead.

Probably not. As far as the story is concerned, Dack's last known whereabouts are the Underworld of Theros.

Alright Veeky Forums. You're building a new deck. Only stipulation is it's Pre-Mirrodin and must be from the lowest of tierlists. Who do you build?

Clearly this guy. Proliferate 'n shit.

You shouldn't even have to ask

>must be from the lowest of tierlists

By that logic, every one has to be one of the overcosted vanilla creatures from Legends.

Is this combo as bullshit as I think it is?

Helm of Obedience + Rest in Peace. Make your opponent exile their whole entire deck for a total mana cost of 7.

The only way to respond is to counter Rest in Peace, destroy Helm at instant speed, or Stifle Rest in Peace's second triggered ability.

considering making a jank W/B deck based around control and artifact/enchantment tutoring.

Its because its a shit format

DIAOCHAN

Or Ixidor