Be autist with no friends and acute social anxiety

>Be autist with no friends and acute social anxiety
>Browse Veeky Forums for the fantasy discussion instead of game talk
>Nevertheless, develop some interest in pen and paper RPGs
>Find a video of a Cyberpunk 2020 Roll20 session
>The exposition and narration of the DM as well as the player's input is pretty informal, even takes a while for them to calculate their rolls. One of the players is also an Eastern European with an accent and a constrained vocabulary
>Always thought that the standard for tabletop necessitated the DM to make up descriptive, novel-like paragraphs on the spot and the players to try and get in their characters as much as possible, to the point of voice acting and basically just "getting into" the character
>Didn't think myself capable of suspending my slurred speech enough for the first or my embarrasment for the second
>Discover that Veeky Forums isn't as srs bsns as I thought

What now?

Just have fun, user.

Now you have fun.

That's why text based games are better than voice
RL games are the best even with those inconvinences, but that's because of social interaction part, and associated things, like rolling physical dice and so on.

But if you play online, text owns voice thanks to improved narrative quality

>takes a while for them to calculate their rolls
what system the fuck are you playing that you need to spend time on any calculat... Oh wait, CP 2020, that explains a lot.

Have fun. It's not serious. Come up with mad plans. Do the shit you want to do IRL. That's what we want you to do.

t. GM

What is "social anxiety", you cretin? You really need a sterile overly sophisticated word to say you're shy?

>You really need a sterile overly sophisticated word to say you're shy?

Yes

>autist
Hide Thread

>sterile overly sophisticated word

wut?

Sargon dming? If i'm not mistaken?

Indubitably.

>>Always thought that the standard for tabletop necessitated the DM to make up descriptive, novel-like paragraphs on the spot and the players to try and get in their characters as much as possible, to the point of voice acting and basically just "getting into" the character

For GOOD games, yes, that is the standard.

For your average rollplay dungeon crawl, no, they have very low standards of roleplaying.

> novel-like paragraphs on the spot
> to the point of voice acting
> For GOOD games

Dude chill out.

Welp, it is a strong exagerration in expectation, but yes, serious games are better.

I hate this argument "b...but user, it's supposed to be about FUN".

Well, yes.

But imagine, you fucktard,for a moment imagine, that for some people, you use of RPG medium to do random stupid over-the-top shit (and don't forget putting in lame popculture references and corny nerd jokes) "bcuz i can do what i want within a game". is OPPOSITE of fun, and generally speaking, a sighfest.
While collaborative creation of serious, emotionally compelling stories, emulating fiction we like IS ACTUAL FUN. Fun most of you shitters will never experience because you refuse to even try.

And while you don't need novel length paragraphs and voice acting to achieve the latter, you need certain attitude.
Attitude that makes difference between GOOD game and "rollplay dungeon crawl" aka pleb shitfest.

Fucking this, voiced roleplay with a group that puts effort into it is fun.

I'd be pretty hyped to play one of Sargons games, they actually sound pretty good.

Using your voice isn't even necessary. If you join a game on Veeky Forums, it will generally be purely textual, as many people have the same issues that you do.

I have a lisp and no one seems to give a shit. You can have fun without being a voice actor. You can even play fun serious games without being good at voices.

i find it difficult to get immersed if voice is used, so i also prefer text

Is op finnish by any chance?

Yes, actually.

Didn't outright say that it was his stream because I wanted to avoid accusations of being a shill.

Are his streams pretty much the standard for PnP RPGs?

I played the mines of phandelver in rolld20 as a paladin. Had a good background integrated in the gm schemes but english was not my first language so i had to repeat was i was saying, the other party members were using voices and total bros. Its not mandatory but triying some diferent voices add a lot to the inmersion.

>that for some people, you use of RPG medium to do random stupid over-the-top shit
>Person doesn't like paragraphs
>obviously they must yolo popculture
>jumping to random conclusions
>you don't agree with me so I insult you

/v/ plz leave

Yeah I agree with that. Voices and things are all certainly fun but to say you need them for the game to be good is over-the-top.

t. watches vee and sargon

>What is social anxiety?
It means social situations make you anxious. Do you need a fucking dictionary?

Dear God, who pissed in your kibble?

>voicefags

>being a good example of the hobby

Maybe get some examples of gameplay that aren't on (((Roll20)))

Word of advice - if you don't have any friends, think twice. There's tons of butthurt grognards who'll take their rage out on you, SJWs who will do the same and unwashed plebs in this hobby. It's normally better to get your friends into it, as people in game stors can be pretty awful.

Why on Earth are you putting brackets on Roll20. Do you really think there's a Jewish conspiracy on a fucking tabletop gaming site?

You do realize that roll20 is SJW central, right?

.....Though more recently, it seems that the fad has sort of worn off, and they aren't shilling it as hard anymore.

Forgot to include this.

Roleplaying over the internet is a cancer upon the hobby.

Nope

>shy
>don't like introducing yourself
>social anxiety
>have panic attacks when meeting new people

No I just listen to them as I play vidya